[INFP] Love for INFP? What is your best match-up involving type or ideal match?

Love for INFP? What is your best match-up involving type or ideal match?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 72
Thank Tree78Thanks

This is a discussion on Love for INFP? What is your best match-up involving type or ideal match? within the INFP Forum - The Idealists forums, part of the NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers category; I want to know what your responses and ideas of a good love/soul-mate is for you. This is a thread ...

  1. #1
    INFP - The Idealists

    Love for INFP? What is your best match-up involving type or ideal match?

    I want to know what your responses and ideas of a good love/soul-mate is for you. This is a thread where people can say what they like and no one judges. I have a lot to share and I hope you all will too. Feel free to throw out any "impossible" ideals too! Makes it more fun! Celebrities are not off limits either ;)



  2. #2
    INFP - The Idealists

    I really, really love ENFPs. Whenever I meet them, it's feels like I've met someone who finally "gets" me. They give voice to all the thoughts and emotions that I wish I knew how to express. They just swoop in and make you feel safe and accepted without being overbearing about it. I also like how they are natural leaders, but they know how to lead without being controlling and domineering. Most of the ones I've met have not been materialistic at all, which is something I've always wanted in a mate. They care more about relationships and the intangible rather than collecting a bunch of "stuff."

    Okay, I'm just getting carried away now. But basically, I just love ENFPs.

  3. #3
    INFP - The Idealists

    Love it. I always pictured myself with an ENFP or and ENFJ. I like extroverts more than introverts i have noticed, but with ENFJs like im afraid they will try to be domineering or in a sense manipulating. I dont like being bound. If I can find a flexible ENFJ who is fine with my unbound and resilient spirit, then oh god I found my soul-mate :) FOr some reason I keep picturing Tom Hiddleston as that guy.....or someone like him. Hes kind of the pedestal. Oh no! keep talking, I love reading what you think and feel! :D

  4. #4
    INFP - The Idealists

    Quote Originally Posted by Salihah View Post
    Love it. I always pictured myself with an ENFP or and ENFJ. I like extroverts more than introverts i have noticed, but with ENFJs like im afraid they will try to be domineering or in a sense manipulating. I dont like being bound. If I can find a flexible ENFJ who is fine with my unbound and resilient spirit, then oh god I found my soul-mate :) FOr some reason I keep picturing Tom Hiddleston as that guy.....or someone like him. Hes kind of the pedestal. Oh no! keep talking, I love reading what you think and feel! :D
    I agree with you about ENFJ...I usually like hanging out with them. One of my best friends is an ENFJ. But as far as relationships go, I tend to run in the opposite direction. In my experience, they all have this domineering/controlling/manipulative vibe about them, whether they want to admit it or not. And yes, I do tend to feel trapped or bound when I am around them. I would even go as far to say that I've felt suffocated. (Maybe this is an Ne thing?) I mean, I still like ENFJs. They can be really great people. And I agree with you that if I could actually find one that was trustworthy, I would fall head over heels in love with them. I just personally prefer other Perceiving types. I feel much more at ease with them.

    Tom Hiddleston seems pretty cool, btw. I've only ever seen him in interviews and such, but he seems pretty down to earth and fun. :)
    Artemis 2x4 thanked this post.

  5. #5
    INFP - The Idealists

    Yeah! Exactly! They are laid back and you can just sense that they dont care what happens around them! Oh, really you like tom hiddleston too? Yeah he is cool. I was on a thread to type his persona and we def know hes NF, and we think he ENFJ, though some think hes ENFP. Either way im like "YAY!" but def he is down to earth and seems like a lot of fun. I really do find myself extra cautious and guarded of my inner self around ENFJs, but not as much as other persona types (excluding INFJs). ENFJs, they really do not want to seem or be domineering, but they are honestly or can be, it is just a vibe they give like you said. But its like also, when the right one comes to me, I know I am going to be madly in love with them (that is if they pass my assault course :3). Till then, Perceiving is like totally what I like to be surrounded by. But, ENFJs are totally awesome friends and people to trust with your ideals what your passions are, just not all gung ho for relationships. Hmmm Ne......you mean Extraverted intuition? I think its our P part of INFP. We like to have our options open and not be bound. The suffocation, i pictured it more of love suffocation, like they constantly give and pour out love that its like "Dude! cmon I love you but please, I need my space. I need some time to myself. You dont need to always shower me with love constantly, It wont make me love you less or dislike you if you don't. Just, I need time to recharge and get my energy back up. I am not like you :)" <------kind of thing right?
    Blacktide thanked this post.

  6. #6
    INFP - The Idealists

    NFs, INTPs, or ISFPs are my favorites.

    I tend to be moreso friends with ENFs than romantically interested because they're a lot of fun, but can be too much if I have them around for too long. Also, if they're the type to find my introversion and quietness weird, I don't have much patience for that. But if you're an ENF and you get me out of my shell, we're in it for the long haul. My brother is an ENFP and he's honestly my favorite person. We get each other like no one else does and talk for hours. We're pretty obnoxious together and we just throw witty sarcasm back and forth and make observations about silly things. Often times people will think I'm crazy in my thoughts about something, but if I tell him he'll say "I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE." He can be a little tiring at times, same with my ENF friends.

    F types in general can actually be too needy for ME. Too much sweet talk and comments about how pretty my eyes are or something just really turns me off. I remember once this guy I kind of liked in high school liked me too and he wrote me a really mushy poem and that scared the shit out of me and put a weird damper on the relationship. Not enough affirmation like the problem I'm having with my INTP I like and I feel deprived. It's annoyingly delicate balance.

    INTPs are the only T types I can really stand because I feel like we're on the same page on a lot of things, but they offer a fresh perspective I'd never considered. I'm fascinated by the INTP brain and if I got to choose being another type it would be INTP. I took a test (that I can't actually find again) that indicates what type you're most attracted to and most compatible with and INTP was what I got (ENFP being the second one). The only real problem is emotional coldness when I feel like I need a connection most. Maybe that's only really a problem with this current guy I'm dealing with since he's the only person in my life besides my dad that I can officially classify as INTP. I want to be there for him, but he isolates himself. When I need him for something not related to our relationship he's right there, but when it comes to things with our own relationship he needs like 2 weeks of having space before he'll talk about it, meanwhile I'm worrying.

    No wonder dating is such a problem for me.
    pinkmoon, Blacktide and Artemis 2x4 thanked this post.

  7. #7
    INFP - The Idealists

    Quote Originally Posted by imagica View Post
    NFs, INTPs, or ISFPs are my favorites.

    I tend to be moreso friends with ENFs than romantically interested because they're a lot of fun, but can be too much if I have them around for too long. Also, if they're the type to find my introversion and quietness weird, I don't have much patience for that. But if you're an ENF and you get me out of my shell, we're in it for the long haul. My brother is an ENFP and he's honestly my favorite person. We get each other like no one else does and talk for hours. We're pretty obnoxious together and we just throw witty sarcasm back and forth and make observations about silly things. Often times people will think I'm crazy in my thoughts about something, but if I tell him he'll say "I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE." He can be a little tiring at times, same with my ENF friends.

    F types in general can actually be too needy for ME. Too much sweet talk and comments about how pretty my eyes are or something just really turns me off. I remember once this guy I kind of liked in high school liked me too and he wrote me a really mushy poem and that scared the shit out of me and put a weird damper on the relationship. Not enough affirmation like the problem I'm having with my INTP I like and I feel deprived. It's annoyingly delicate balance.

    INTPs are the only T types I can really stand because I feel like we're on the same page on a lot of things, but they offer a fresh perspective I'd never considered. I'm fascinated by the INTP brain and if I got to choose being another type it would be INTP. I took a test (that I can't actually find again) that indicates what type you're most attracted to and most compatible with and INTP was what I got (ENFP being the second one). The only real problem is emotional coldness when I feel like I need a connection most. Maybe that's only really a problem with this current guy I'm dealing with since he's the only person in my life besides my dad that I can officially classify as INTP. I want to be there for him, but he isolates himself. When I need him for something not related to our relationship he's right there, but when it comes to things with our own relationship he needs like 2 weeks of having space before he'll talk about it, meanwhile I'm worrying.

    No wonder dating is such a problem for me.
    Totally get it! I want and prefer ENF, because they bring me out of my shell. I need someone like that because I am ever so curious what the world is like and want to encounter so many possibilities and experiences. Sensing types can be a bit.....frustrating. They seem limited and its like "cmon! just look beyond the Leaf and see the color and its lines and what type it could be!" INTPs....my uncle is one and we get along really well. However, he lacks modesty and humility and its like a doucheness vibe of him when he is right or when he finds out he is about something. Its like a smugness and it bothers me greatly and i find it "disgusting". But hes not always like that, i just couldnt be with someone like that. But they are great and they love discussing personality types like I do! :D

  8. #8
    INFP - The Idealists

    Quote Originally Posted by imagica View Post
    NFs, INTPs, or ISFPs are my favorites.

    I tend to be moreso friends with ENFs than romantically interested because they're a lot of fun, but can be too much if I have them around for too long. Also, if they're the type to find my introversion and quietness weird, I don't have much patience for that. But if you're an ENF and you get me out of my shell, we're in it for the long haul. My brother is an ENFP and he's honestly my favorite person. We get each other like no one else does and talk for hours. We're pretty obnoxious together and we just throw witty sarcasm back and forth and make observations about silly things. Often times people will think I'm crazy in my thoughts about something, but if I tell him he'll say "I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE." He can be a little tiring at times, same with my ENF friends.

    F types in general can actually be too needy for ME. Too much sweet talk and comments about how pretty my eyes are or something just really turns me off. I remember once this guy I kind of liked in high school liked me too and he wrote me a really mushy poem and that scared the shit out of me and put a weird damper on the relationship. Not enough affirmation like the problem I'm having with my INTP I like and I feel deprived. It's annoyingly delicate balance.

    INTPs are the only T types I can really stand because I feel like we're on the same page on a lot of things, but they offer a fresh perspective I'd never considered. I'm fascinated by the INTP brain and if I got to choose being another type it would be INTP. I took a test (that I can't actually find again) that indicates what type you're most attracted to and most compatible with and INTP was what I got (ENFP being the second one). The only real problem is emotional coldness when I feel like I need a connection most. Maybe that's only really a problem with this current guy I'm dealing with since he's the only person in my life besides my dad that I can officially classify as INTP. I want to be there for him, but he isolates himself. When I need him for something not related to our relationship he's right there, but when it comes to things with our own relationship he needs like 2 weeks of having space before he'll talk about it, meanwhile I'm worrying.

    No wonder dating is such a problem for me.
    Ouch, I am sorry that dating is tough for you. But hey! It just means that there is not a guy yet who can stand your awesomeness and originality yet, or that you have not found the "worthy" one yet. Not saying they are bad or awful! but just, not mr. right.

  9. #9
    INFP - The Idealists

    Quote Originally Posted by Salihah View Post
    Yeah! Exactly! They are laid back and you can just sense that they dont care what happens around them! Oh, really you like tom hiddleston too? Yeah he is cool. I was on a thread to type his persona and we def know hes NF, and we think he ENFJ, though some think hes ENFP. Either way im like "YAY!" but def he is down to earth and seems like a lot of fun. I really do find myself extra cautious and guarded of my inner self around ENFJs, but not as much as other persona types (excluding INFJs). ENFJs, they really do not want to seem or be domineering, but they are honestly or can be, it is just a vibe they give like you said. But its like also, when the right one comes to me, I know I am going to be madly in love with them (that is if they pass my assault course :3). Till then, Perceiving is like totally what I like to be surrounded by. But, ENFJs are totally awesome friends and people to trust with your ideals what your passions are, just not all gung ho for relationships. Hmmm Ne......you mean Extraverted intuition? I think its our P part of INFP. We like to have our options open and not be bound. The suffocation, i pictured it more of love suffocation, like they constantly give and pour out love that its like "Dude! cmon I love you but please, I need my space. I need some time to myself. You dont need to always shower me with love constantly, It wont make me love you less or dislike you if you don't. Just, I need time to recharge and get my energy back up. I am not like you :)" <------kind of thing right?
    I love laid back people! I just think life is so much more fun with them. Yes, I like Tom Hiddleston! I'm getting more of an ENFJ vibe from him, but whatever. I could be wrong. I know that ENFJs are trustworthy when it comes to expressing passions and sharing secrets, etc. What I meant was that the vast majority of them love to play mind games, and it pisses me off. If I could find an ENFJ who didn't treat me like a puppet, (or anyone else for that matter) I could definitely see myself dating them.

    Yeah, the constant showering of affection can be annoying and sometimes it even seems fake. And they get really sensitive when you don't want to hang out with them. I'm just like "I still love you and all, but right now I just want to chill by myself and eat pizza. Nothing personal." But for some reason they just don't get that.
    Artemis 2x4 thanked this post.

  10. #10
    INFP - The Idealists

    I love INTPs. They really relate to me and I always end up in the best relationships with them. ENTP also sound pretty good to me too.


     
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The 'Ideal Match'?: ENFP/INTJ
    By Grey in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 209
    Last Post: 01-30-2018, 12:58 PM
  2. [INTP] Our perfect love match?
    By PaulFalcon in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 04-05-2017, 07:41 AM
  3. Keirsey's Ideal Match
    By WickedQueen in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 10-30-2015, 01:52 PM
  4. [ENFP] Ideal love match?
    By rainface in forum ENFP Forum - The Inspirers
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 02-25-2015, 11:52 AM
  5. NFs - Type the Ideal Match
    By OrangeAppled in forum NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 09:52 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:05 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0