[INFP] hourly jobs and odd jobs for INFPs (not careers)

hourly jobs and odd jobs for INFPs (not careers)

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37
Thank Tree78Thanks

This is a discussion on hourly jobs and odd jobs for INFPs (not careers) within the INFP Forum - The Idealists forums, part of the NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers category; I've noticed from surfing for jobs that most employers want extroverts, that's just a fact. What type of jobs have ...

  1. #1
    INFP - The Idealists

    hourly jobs and odd jobs for INFPs (not careers)

    I've noticed from surfing for jobs that most employers
    want extroverts, that's just a fact. What type of jobs have
    you discovered fits the INFP? I'm not looking for a career,
    I need a buck, but have realized, from experience, that
    finding a job that is more-or-less compatible with my
    temperament is necessary or I just won't last.
    What jobs have you had or have that seem compatible
    with being INFP?
    Kastor, Make A Move and 20111017 thanked this post.



  2. #2
    INFP - The Idealists

    Nursing...

    I've also worked as a cashier (and currently am doing that as a part-time job on top of my full-time nursing job) and found that it wasn't too bad. When I worked at Walgreens I was a cashier at first before I got cross-trained to work in the photolab as well. I really enjoyed that aspect because I didn't have to deal with people as much, it was repetitive for some parts, and then for others I got to be a little creative with colors and light and whatnot for the printed pictures. It was nice to be able to help people with such things. I also had a lot of fun with some of the more interesting aspects like changing the paper in a dark box by feel through gloves. That was a lot of fun, actually.

    My current cashiering job isn't too bad because it's not a huge department store, or anything like Wal-Mart, but a small company that has five outdoor sporting good and ranching stuffs stores that emphasizes one on one customer interaction. It's a little bit easier that way for me not to get completely overwhelmed there.

    As for other jobs, I have a friend who worked in a pottery production place and she did a lot of the coloring/painting for the tiles that they had there. She didn't have to talk to many people throughout the day and got to be creative with it. If you're looking for something like that your best bet would be to talk to local art students and galleries as they ought to know what's going on in your area.

    Good luck!

  3. #3
    INFP - The Idealists

    I worked as a cashier and a front-end supervisor (staffing, training, cash office responsibilities) and while not the most glamorous job, I enjoyed it. I certainly had to get out of my shell and do things that didn't come naturally to me, so those aspects were beneficial. Plus, I really enjoyed my co-workers. On the down-side, it totally drained me. At the end of each day, I was dead tired.
    Last edited by Tuttle; 10-15-2010 at 08:55 AM.
    Goosefish, SereneTugBoat, mushr00m and 2 others thanked this post.

  4. #4
    ENFP - The Inspirers

    As a slightly more reserved than average ENFP I would suggest receptionist. It's a fairly social job but since people are listing things like nursing and cashier which to me are far more stressful (I couldn't do nursing in a million years, in person/hands on...yikes!) perhaps it wouldn't be too bad.

    I work at an answe service so I talk to people all day, but I can hide behind a computer so it's a good mix of social and private.
    Goosefish, SereneTugBoat, Make A Move and 1 others thanked this post.

  5. #5
    INFP - The Idealists

    Quote Originally Posted by faeriegal713 View Post
    I have a friend who worked in a pottery production place and she did a lot of the coloring/painting for the tiles that they had there. She didn't have to talk to many people throughout the day and got to be creative with it. If you're looking for something like that your best bet would be to talk to local art students and galleries as they ought to know what's going on in your area.

    Good luck!
    That sounds like a cool gig. Thanks for the idea. I've never thought about
    hitting up students or galleries. I'm just basically trying to save up for something
    and not looking for a career at the moment so a job that doesn't drain
    me totally at the end of the day is something I am looking for as longevity
    in the job is the most important thing.
    faeriegal713, Make A Move and 20111017 thanked this post.

  6. #6
    INFP - The Idealists

    Quote Originally Posted by Tuttle View Post
    I worked as a cashier and a front-end supervisor (staffing, training, cash office responsibilities) and while not the most glamorous job, I enjoyed it. I certainly had to get out of my shell and do things that didn't come naturally to me, so that aspect was beneficial. Plus, I really enjoyed my co-workers. On the down-side, it totally drained me. At the end of each day, I was dead tired.
    Thanks for the reply. Cashier jobs are okay. I've been a cashier before
    and my preference lies on where it is. A cashier at a mom and pop bookstore
    is my dream gig since it is not usually packed with people, a cashier at
    a chain store would probably not be a good idea.
    Make A Move and 20111017 thanked this post.

  7. #7
    INFP - The Idealists

    i'm basically a retail salesman who gets to work from home (working for a very infp friendly company and "selling" stuff that i'm passionate about, which makes it way nice) . working from home I'd argue is the INFP dream haha. the job is great and is helping me pay my way through college.
    WiscoExplorer, moonradio, Goosefish and 7 others thanked this post.

  8. #8
    INFP - The Idealists

    Quote Originally Posted by Linnifae View Post
    As a slightly more reserved than average ENFP I would suggest receptionist. It's a fairly social job but since people are listing things like nursing and cashier which to me are far more stressful (I couldn't do nursing in a million years, in person/hands on...yikes!) perhaps it wouldn't be too bad.

    I work at an answe service so I talk to people all day, but I can hide behind a computer so it's a good mix of social and private.
    thanks for the reply.

    Ya nursing is a no no for me too. I dunno how an INFP can be
    a nurse as the empathy thing can turn on them. You can probably
    feel everyone's emotions: The doctor getting pissed. The patient
    impatiently wanting you to do something. Some other nurse complaining
    about something you did while you have 10 other things you need
    to do. God bless em. I would be on pills if I had that job.

    Unfortunately, I've done the answering service gig and wasn't
    my cup of tea either. It helps a bit being an Extrovert. haha
    SLeigh, Make A Move and 20111017 thanked this post.

  9. #9
    INFP - The Idealists

    eh...

    this probably wouldnt appeal to you, but i didnt hate being a janitor (well, at least, before the management screwed everything up and everyone except for me quit and i was basically running the damned place).

    generally quiet, LOTS of time to think, not too much in the way of troublesome customer service/interaction sorta stuff. etc. and it's easy to get hired (well, generally... envisage more grumbling from me for reasons i wont get into).
    Goosefish, pretyhowtown, SereneTugBoat and 2 others thanked this post.

  10. #10
    INFP - The Idealists

    Quote Originally Posted by gloosle View Post
    i'm basically a retail salesman who gets to work from home (working for a very infp friendly company and "selling" stuff that i'm passionate about, which makes it way nice) . working from home I'd argue is the INFP dream haha. the job is great and is helping me pay my way through college.
    Is it a persuasive type of selling or just getting the customers information for
    stuff they already want to buy?
    20111017 thanked this post.


     
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INFP] Science Related Jobs INFPs Enjoy?
    By RatherThan in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: Today, 05:53 AM
  2. INFP Careers and Jobs
    By DevelopingPotentialUK in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 02-05-2014, 07:29 PM
  3. Jobs for INFPs
    By Spooky in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-23-2013, 02:10 AM
  4. [INFP] entry-level jobs for INFPs
    By cybrmarc in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 07:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:25 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0