I had a dream a massive flood washed through my neighborhood and drowned my neighbors. It was probably wishful thinking since the dumbasses vandalized my car.
This is a discussion on The Dreamjournal within the INFP Forum - The Idealists forums, part of the NF's Temperament Forum- The Dreamers category; I had a dream a massive flood washed through my neighborhood and drowned my neighbors. It was probably wishful thinking ...
I had a dream a massive flood washed through my neighborhood and drowned my neighbors. It was probably wishful thinking since the dumbasses vandalized my car.
That's pretty cool! I force-wake up by focusing on twitching my finger, and somehow the tactile feedback I get from that wakes me up. Lucid dreaming is so cool! I had my first lucid dream after I read "Every Soul A Star", which has a character who can lucid dream. But I always wonder: am I actually lucid dreaming, or am I dreaming that I am lucid dreaming? I want to learn more about lucid dreaming, but pretty much every time I do, I decide that my dream is so interesting I want to see where it's going
And I thought I might elaborate on one of my dreams. I'm in some kind of alternate place; an earth-like fictional planet that doesn't exist. It's thickly forested with dirt roads, remote cabins, possibly little towns (I didn't get to see them but I felt like they were there), and few inhabitants. The people are pretty much as mentally advanced as we are, but they don't have electronics or anything like that. There was this ethereal dark figure who was moving along the main road (which somehow crossed the whole planet or something, my subconscious didn't really think that through).
If anyone has ever read the Fablehaven series, this figure was kind of like a Revenant. It radiated fear to the point where anyone who got close would black out. It also killed everything it passed: plants, animals, and people alike. However, it was a mindless creature, in fact it wasn't even a creature. It didn't kill because it wanted to, just because that was what it did. It just kept moving along the road. Of course, the people were freaking out and I was trying to help, along with a couple others. We kept running around looking for ways to kill it, and then testing some out. I got too close at one point and almost blacked out. Eventually they gave up, and went back to their families to enjoy the time they had left.
I went back to the figure. I walked up to it, and I couldn't feel the fear. I had no emotion really, but my vision looked like really bad TV reception and got worse the closer I got. Somehow- I don't know how- I managed to stay conscious until I reached it. And then I killed it- or perhaps a better way to put it is that it died, because it wasn't in a dramatic, angry, or passionate way. I touched it, and it began to fade. I fell, my vision finally went out, and I was dead before I hit the ground. My life didn't flash before my eyes. My last thought, my last emotion, was an empty kind of satisfaction and love for humanity. I think I woke up, but my heart rate wasn't faster than usual or anything.
@AstralFlame yeah, they are actually scarily similar XD, also that flower is probably going to be the object of my research for a few days, these types of things tend to endlessly interest me.
I had a dream that my boss from the haunted attraction I worked at was performing surgery on me. He does not have a medical degree or, as far as I know, any medical training. He gave me anesthesia, but wasn't waiting for me to actually lose consciousness before operating on me. Nothing hurt, I just was aware of what he was doing and wishing I'd lose consciousness so it wouldn't be weird. He and I were having a conversation the whole time, but I don't remember what it was about. I just remember asking him not to operate on my feet until I lost consciousness because I was uncomfortable with the idea of people doing things to my feet. He assured me he would honor my wishes, but then my alarm went off and I woke up and suddenly realized how messed up a situation it was.
For some reason, I dream about this particular boss fairly frequently. I am somewhat attracted to him, but I think it's mostly because he vaguely reminds me of my crush (similar interests, sense of humor, even body type) and even has the same first name. However, none of the dreams are sexual or romantic in nature, possibly because I have no intentions of acting on my attraction since I plan to work for him again next year.
Yeah I have one of those, filled with nonsensical and half complete descriptions of my dreams (I only record those I have great impressions of). It is now marching to its 8000th word, because my dreams are usually very visual so I typed them up instead of writing it down.
I can post one of the dreams I had recorded earlier in the journal, promise you won't laugh or anything. There will be many grammar errors and tons of descriptions fails in the quote, since it was written after I just woke up and was in a hurry of recording them instead of forming proper sentences. I haven't gone over them again to rephrase them, but I think it's better to keep things original, lest I unintentionally delete some details by editing it.Yeah it's quite a mess, I know. I usually have dreams like this where a lot of things are patched up with not much sense.
- I am not sure if this dream was displayed in first or third person, but I do not know the name of the protagonist.
- The story follows a family that has 2 young boys and a father, while the father was away the 2 boys engaged in some argument and started a mind power fight where they will both stand there and throw their own will power against each other. The representation may come with different shape such as the fire.
- The protagonist lost the fight, but they are both injured during the process.
- I THINK the protagonist is the younger brother of the two, I will refer him as one now.
- When the father returned he saw the older brother was injured and the younger one had gone into hiding but left 2 messages, one of them being “ask bro instead”.
- Which he did and the older boy refused to answer while laying on his bed.
- Hence he opened up another message which the younger brother asked him to go to the photo room where they store all the family photo, drawing etc into one place and presumably locked it, but leaving a peephole on in case you wish to have a look inside.
- Once he is there, he was instructed to look inside, find the teddy bear who holds a mirror and then look into the mirror for details. The image show on the mirror is the reflection of the items put on the same side as the door, which is not see-able from the peephole.
- Since the image is too small the father went back and got himself a camera to make things easier, he browse through the photos he could see, which includes a family photo with a woman so I guess that was his wife. Then he stumbled upon a drawing which the young brother drew before, it was a family portrait that included everyone however it showed himself holding either a stone block or a book with words written on it.
- I forgot the details, as I do most dreams but it suggested that since the very beginning the younger brother was actually 2 people.
- The chill sent down the father’s spine, then suddenly “father”, someone called him while his eyes are still looking through the peephole. He instantly turned around, dropping the camera but managed to catch it in the process. There stood the young brother, watching him.
- The young brother explained, he was actually 2 people, in the morning he would be a girl of unknown origin and at night he would revert into the boy as he was. He was not sure if the girl was simply a part or a mirror of himself, or is she someone else that was forcibly put into him, either way he wasn’t concerned with that since she was pretty genuine so he accepted him.
- What the boy was afraid of, was other people finding it, especially the father. He was afraid the father would look at him in disgust once he found out. But he knew that he had to reveal it sooner or later, so he used this opportunity to. The one who fought with the older brother was not the younger brother, but the girl instead and due to the lack of control over the body she lost.
- There is this memory piece which is a portion of a dream but I do not know where it belongs, so I will simply put it here. The older brother one day showed the younger one that his has various limbs, eyes and whatnot on his body and it looks terrifying as them growing out of his cloth. But it turns out it was a specially designed cloth used to scare people with. He groped the younger brother’s body then head to the cousin’s room where he simply told the boy “cut it, we are heading out for dinner”.
- Onto the next scene, here I am not sure if this is a continuation on the previous story that goes to point 13.
- The body of the younger brother started to mutate, he grew in muscle mass, bleeding heavily in the process, and his head transformed into a lilies or orchidaceae (flower) like growth, confused and terrified he went to check on his father who he found was suffering the same fate, same with his brother.
- It may be an after effect from their mind fight earlier but it doesn’t matter, the younger brother sensed the killing intent from his brother clearly while being shocked and unable to move after seeing his now enlarged disfigured mass of flesh that is his brother.
- As soon as it started to move, the younger brother broke out of the house door in only underwears, figuring how to turn the head back in the process, and run down the stairs of the apartment, but stopped to look out of the windows that the stair areas have.
- He saw a giant emerge from their house were and jumped down onto the street screaming in rage.
- Some time has passed, there seemed to have a war going on now, a few fighters arrived where the young brother were and chatted for a while, after hearing their conversation the younger brother decided to show himself since he was around their hiding and asked for help.
- At night, the younger brother hides around the corner of an abandoned building’s first floor, near the window, while the enemy force passed through.
- While most troops marched the ground some were walking 1 floor higher to cover more grounds, one walked into the place and spotted the guy hiding in the corner, but before he could react his throat was crushed by his fist.
- Several others witnessed the act and surrounded the young brother, which he dispatched swiftly one by one, targeting specifically for the head and the neck and jump onto the ground level where he transform, enlarge himself into a giant and charged forward down the road.
- During this period it seems his intelligence level had decreased as he mistook a stand-up machine for his brother and smashed it, while his real brother was nearby, still in his giant self, and came for the challenge.
- After destroying the machine with his remaining ability to think, the young brother figured out a way to evolve and became even larger than he was before.
- He clashed against his brother, but his brother was no match to his younger sibling’s new form, he was grabbed by the arm and mercilessly bashed against a nearby stone pillar, again and again, until he could move no more.
- Then during his frenzy the younger brother tore out his brother’s organs and tied him onto the pillar itself, one life was already disappeared by now.
- In his fading personality and intelligence, the younger brother reminisced for a while, while screaming in sorrow and tears. But ironically for those who had saw the whole event they all burst out in laughter.
Last edited by Blue Sphere; 12-13-2015 at 01:27 PM.
I was back in high school and my old psychology/civics/international relations - teacher who always liked to show movies to get points across was showing me and some other students a scene from some action movie. Only when he turned on the movie the whole dream changed it's setting and I became one of the actors in the movie. Only it didn't feel like a movie, it felt like it was real and we were on a plane and some assassins got on board and started hunting us down with swords... At some point one of us hid in a box of some sort, and then I saw it from her point of view when the bad guys opened the box, only it cut of like it usually does in movies and I didn't actually get to see, or feel, them kill her.
And then I dreamt about some other stuff that's more clearly related to my life.
I dreamed that I was at some outoor cafe/restaurant somewhere in a city and was talking with my mom. I mentioned that this area was where a relative was going to live at. I pointed to a tall apartment complex in front of us and asked her if this was the right address.
Then, some strange woman interrupted and told me I was wrong. The building next to it was the right one. The building was very dated and looked almost abandoned. It looked like it was made of stone, bleached white from wearing and age. There were cracks formed everywhere. She was telling me how the place was haunted and many spirits lived there. The worst was room 4.
She said she would show us that place. I said cool, let's go and my mom, in reluctance, went too. We climbed about 3 or flights of stairs. The inside halls where the stair flights were at were an ugly key lime green color with chipping cracked walls and floors. There was also dim/flickering lighting. The three of us arrived at the front door (dark wood brown with a black number 4 plaque loosely hanging on it) and the woman opened it. The inside of the apartment room was very dark with no lights. I didn't want to go in and neither did my mom.
I felt like my gut was saying don't go in. Leave now. The stranger walked in, using her phone as a light. I saw at the end there was this glass container of dark liquid and she walked up to it. She looked like she said a prayer in either tongues or another language and proceeded to take out needles. My heart started to race a bit.
She took one of the needles and hooked them on one of those little disposable tubes that take your blood and collect it, proceeding to stab the needle in here arm. She said the weird prayer again, took out the needle and emptied the blood in the large liquid container. She then told us that in order for the bad spirits not to follow us forever in our lives we had to do the same thing. My mom and I were frozen with fear.
The woman tricked us and we had to run. The woman came forward and tried to stab another needle into my mom but my mom jerked and ran down the flight of stairs. I was stuck, could not move. The woman was crazy and staring at me like I was a piece of meat. She took out this insanely long needle that was the longest I have ever seen, reaching my height or more and tried to stab me with it.
I ran around the hall, dodging her attempts, begging her to stop. I didn't want to get any infections or diseases from that. But she kept trying to stab me in various places from my leg, face, ears, and arms. She then got me in a chokehold and injected a smaller needle onto the side of my mouth. She told me it was easiest way for her, since I didn't struggle, surprisingly. She then let me go.
I jerked off of her and ran down the stairs, wiping the dripping blood from my face ( I had small flashbacks here of a dentist injecting needles in my mouth). I turned back slightly to see if she was following me, but I saw her still standing in the same place where I left her, staring right at me as I ran. Her black eyes were cold, calculating and dead. Her auburn hair glowed almost green by the reflection from the dim light shining right above her and the ugly green walls. Was she a nurse? It looked like she wore dark blue scrubs with white sneakers.
Still, she held the needles. It looked like two tubes were filled with blood. She must have gotten my mom too. I ran faster. With all of my breath gone, sweat dripped from my face until i got to the street sidewalk.
I had to find my mom, so I crossed the street and went back to the same outdoor cafe/restaurant i was at. I could not find her, but my dad and a group of other strange men were there. I tried talking to him but he was too busy having a good time with them, laughing and whatnot. I pulled his shirt sleeve and widened my eyes, signaling him to stop and talk to me in private. He told the men to leave, he had something important to talk about with me. The men left, and I told my dad, I could not find mom.
We walked around the cafe, it was hot and humid suddenly. That sticky heat where it feels like summer. We found mom sitting on a picnic bench in an isolated part of the cafe. She had intense focus on drawing what looked like these really good renderings of people's faces screaming. I said, "mom?". She looked up with tired eyes and hugged us, saying she missed us and she wondered where we were. Then it ended.
On a side note, before this dream, another dream happened. I was with my sister and we were trying to get out of doing something boring. I told her i would do her hair and to bring me a brush, mirror, and a bottle of water spray. But she never did and went somewhere to play on her electronics. As I waited for her, sitting right in front of me was a golden retriever dog, but with massive sheep like wool jutting from his torso. The wool was the same golden color as his fur. So he was a sheep-dog, lol.
Okay. I am done.
(Holy, that is so long. Sorry. )
I had a dream that I believed that I was experiencing a seizure aura because I could no longer spell words properly. I knew something was going wrong with my brain. I was writing an assignment for school, and I wrote the word 'drew' as deru. I was thinking that wasn't right, so I wrote it over and over again knowing the spelling is drew but what came out on paper was deru. Thinking that this must be a seizure, I laid in bed and waited for the inevitable. My dream transitioned at that point.