[INTJ] Excerpts from everyday conversation - Page 389

Excerpts from everyday conversation

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 389 of 391 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 3904
Thank Tree14024Thanks

This is a discussion on Excerpts from everyday conversation within the INTJ Forum - The Scientists forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; ...

  1. #3881

    Young Cashier: How are you today?
    INFP: Doing well. How are you?
    Young Cashier: Good.
    INFP: And why is that?
    Young Cashier: -starts- What?
    INFP: Why are you good?
    Young Cashier: -wide eyed- Uh... -giggles and hides behind her hands- No one's ever asked me that before... why are you asking?
    INFP: I dunno, striving for integrity.
    Cashier: I guess I'm not really good. I miss my mom and dad.
    INFP: Why do you miss them?
    Young Cashier: I moved here and I haven't seen them for a year.
    INFP: Where are you from?
    Young Cashier: California.

    …conversation continues, talks about her parents, about life...purchase completes...

    INFP: Well, thank you.
    Cashier: You're welcome. -bright and somewhat astounded smile- It was really nice meeting you! Bye!

    He does this to everyone, and the response is always a mix of bewilderment and appreciation. My INFP is awesome.
    lib, sherkanner, MeltedSorbet and 6 others thanked this post.

  2. #3882
    INFP - The Idealists

    INFP Think of all the possibilities. Are you against fun?
    INTJ You know that I am.

  3. #3883

    Me: My parents are complaining about my hobbies again, specifically me talking about my hobbies because according to them coworkers expressing interest in my crochet is not “adult”

    Boyfriend, @SynthinkingMuse : *eye roll* your crocheting is a survival skill, if there’s ever a some sort of societal downfall and an apocalypse, your family would be screwed and you’d survive because you know how to make cloth and have basic sewing knowledge.

    Me: awwwwww

    This is when you know you have a keeper, find someone who will willingly go with you to the craft store while you amass a yarn stash that rivals a dragon’s treasure hoard and proudly wears the scarves you make him.






    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Squirt and Negotiator thanked this post.

  4. #3884

    me: what would you do if you had great stinking gobs of money, right now?
    squishy programmer: probably pay everybody to stay away from me.
    me: hmm. good beginning. then what?
    her: i don't know. probably go out and buy some friends to put into my nice shiny clean life.
    me: ...
    her: shrug. it's too much work to make new friends from scratch. if i had the money, i'd probably just go pick up some store-boughten ones.

  5. #3885

    I'm guessing ESTJ. Maybe I'm wrong.

    ESTJ: -holding up cactus themed stationary and mug- I love catcuses! They are so cool.
    INTJ: I have a neat cactus at home. I can give you a start.
    ESTJ: -blank stare- I don't grow them.
    INTJ: … okay. Have you been to the conservatory [in da city]?
    ESTJ: No. Why would I go there?
    INTJ: If you like cactus, there is an awesome collection of exotic species. They also have a tropical section with carnivorous plants and wild-looking orchids. -makes chomping motions with hands-
    ESTJ: You're weird.
    INTJ: But... you said you like them.
    ESTJ: I'm going to slap you.
    INTJ:

  6. #3886

    INTJ: Why is our dog barking so loudly right now?
    INTP: Hmm I'll go find out
    *leaves for 30-45 minutes, returns with coffee*
    INTJ: Well? What was upsetting [name of dog]?
    INTP: Huh? Oh. Yeah. It was a squirrel.
    INTJ: ...
    INTP: A very exciting squirrel.
    Napoleptic, TrippedOnReality, EyesOpen and 2 others thanked this post.

  7. #3887

    Quote Originally Posted by brightflashes View Post
    INTJ: Why is our dog barking so loudly right now?
    INTP: Hmm I'll go find out
    *leaves for 30-45 minutes, returns with coffee*
    INTJ: Well? What was upsetting [name of dog]?
    INTP: Huh? Oh. Yeah. It was a squirrel.
    INTJ: ...
    INTP: A very exciting squirrel.
    I go through this sort of thing with INFP, too. And:

    INTJ: okay, we have to leave in 20 minutes. Are you going to be ready?
    INFP: Yes.
    INTJ: -all prepped and packed, returns 15 min later to INFP in the yard- What are you doing?
    INFP: Cleaning up the porch for winter. These tables need to be put away and...
    INTJ: We can do that when we get back.
    INFP: -proceeds to put tables away anyway, and fuss around in garage-
    INTJ: We need to go...
    INFP: It will only be a second, I am almost done!
    INTJ:
    -arrive 30 minutes late-
    TrippedOnReality, EyesOpen, Nesta and 2 others thanked this post.

  8. #3888

    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    I go through this sort of thing with INFP, too. And:

    INTJ: okay, we have to leave in 20 minutes. Are you going to be ready?
    INFP: Yes.
    INTJ: -all prepped and packed, returns 15 min later to INFP in the yard- What are you doing?
    INFP: Cleaning up the porch for winter. These tables need to be put away and...
    INTJ: We can do that when we get back.
    INFP: -proceeds to put tables away anyway, and fuss around in garage-
    INTJ: We need to go...
    INFP: It will only be a second, I am almost done!
    INTJ:
    -arrive 30 minutes late-
    Really don't want to ruin the feel of the thread but this reminds me of when me and INTP were moving and I told him that I needed him to clean ... something. I can't remember what, but we were prepping our previous house for selling.

    I left to run some errands and when I got back, he was outside chopping firewood? He hadn't touched anything inside. We had a gas fireplace and we were never going to have a fire there again. He didn't do this to bring the wood to the new house. He just got a "I-need-to-chop-firewood itch". It was so bizarre!
    Napoleptic, EyesOpen, Squirt and 2 others thanked this post.

  9. #3889

    Quote Originally Posted by brightflashes View Post
    Really don't want to ruin the feel of the thread but this reminds me of when me and INTP were moving and I told him that I needed him to clean ... something. I can't remember what, but we were prepping our previous house for selling.

    I left to run some errands and when I got back, he was outside chopping firewood? He hadn't touched anything inside. We had a gas fireplace and we were never going to have a fire there again. He didn't do this to bring the wood to the new house. He just got a "I-need-to-chop-firewood itch". It was so bizarre!
    Yes! I remember that story. You may have mentioned it here or in the vent thread when it happened. It struck me because INFP does similar, although slightly less bizarre... I asked if he could clean the bathroom and he unclogged all the sinks in the house and then went back to his computer. I imagine it started when he went to clean the sink, saw it wasn’t draining well, decided to unclog it... and it all went sideways from there.

    Okay, that is all the derailment I’ve got.
    EyesOpen and brightflashes thanked this post.

  10. #3890

    ENTJ dad: I think the Oxford comma is completely unnecessary

    Me: Those are fighting words, you can pry my Oxford comma from my cold, dead hands


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Napoleptic and EyesOpen thanked this post.


     

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-26-2019, 05:58 PM
  2. [INFP] Book Quotes and Excerpts
    By dreamcatcher in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-19-2015, 05:01 AM
  3. [INFP] Real Journal Excerpts?...
    By Lady Starbird in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 10:37 PM
  4. Excerpts from an Intro
    By Instinct in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 12:49 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 01:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0