[INTJ] Excerpts from everyday conversation - Page 4

Excerpts from everyday conversation

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 4 of 388 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 3872
Thank Tree13902Thanks

This is a discussion on Excerpts from everyday conversation within the INTJ Forum - The Scientists forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; Originally Posted by jayde Me [knows that we have no Z's at this work site and there is no 5th ...

  1. #31
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by jayde View Post
    Me [knows that we have no Z's at this work site and there is no 5th floor]: Sure. Have fun.
    It may be time to push them out a 4th floor window instead...
    RecklessInspirer, Kizuna, Impavidus and 3 others thanked this post.

  2. #32

    Quote Originally Posted by Lughna View Post
    It may be time to push them out a 4th floor window instead...
    Throwing clergy from windows gets the job done.

    Defenestrations of Prague - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  3. #33
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by Lughna View Post
    I love how this is turning out in an ISFJ hate club (or whatever PC way you want to put it).
    Don't forget everybody's favourite: the ESFJ! Here's a couple from slightly earlier:

    ----Act 1----

    Her: I'm going shopping - do you want some Krispy Kreme doughnuts?
    Me: Not really.
    Her: Awwwww. I wanted to get some for myself.
    Me: Go ahead - just because I don't want them doesn't mean you can't get them.
    Her: Okay!

    *returns from supermarket*

    Her: I got Krispy Kremes! Do you want a Krispy Kreme?
    Me: No.

    *2 or 3 minutes later*

    Her: I'm having a Krispy Kreme! Do you want one?
    Me: No.
    Her: How about a piece? It's really nice!
    Me: NO!
    Her: *sulks*

    ----intermission----
    ----Act 2----

    Her: So you know ginger is good for you?
    Me: Err, okay.
    Her: I read a fitness book that said if you get muscle soreness, it makes your muscles soft.
    Me: *laughs*
    Her: Well, maybe not soft, but it's good for them.
    Me: If you say so
    Her: Well your grandad used to have ginger every day and look how healthy he was.
    Me: That's like saying I play computer games every day and look how good at science I am because of it. You can't make a causal link between something like that when there were so many other reasons why he could have been particularly healthy. He used to exercise a lot, didn't eat junk food, had good sleeping habits, didn't drink etc.
    Her: But ginger helps
    Me: No, to prove that, you'd need to keep everything else the same, and treat a group with ginger and a group without to see if there is any difference in health-related variables.
    Her: But they must have done that if they printed it in a book.
    Me: I'm not saying they didn't, but just because it's in a book doesn't mean they did an experiment to prove it (if it was some sort of popular women's exercise book on getting firm buttocks, I'm quite sure there wouldn't have been much scientific basis, but there you go).
    Her: *sulks*

  4. #34
    INTJ - The Scientists

    @Blue Ocean - don't even get me started on SFJ force-feeding/force-clothing. They buy you something that you specifically told them you didn't want and wouldn't use, then force it on you by sheer force of will.

    And if you point out that you specifically told them that you didn't want it then you are being 'difficult and ungrateful'. No, I was just trying to save you money. Now we all get to look at said food/clothes until it is thrown out/given away/worn out of guilt. Yay - another SFJ lose-lose situation.
    White River, Kizuna, LittleOrange and 23 others thanked this post.

  5. #35
    INTJ - The Scientists

    To continue with the lovely ISFJ flow...

    ISFJ: I have to write an essay for college about myself, but I feel like the only cool thing I do is sew and I really don't enjoy it.
    Me: mmm.
    ISFJ: Maybe I could make my personal statement sarcastic.
    Me: I wouldn't; you were never good with sarcasm. More often than not people believe you.
    ISFJ: Sob. Well, screw that. That's why it's fun, because people take me too seriously.
    Me: People take you seriously because you're not sarcastic. You make stupid comments and then tell people you're being sarcastic.
    ISFJ: Shut up.
    Me: Maybe you can write about that.
    ISFJ: I said shut up!!

  6. #36

    ENFP: 'I love telling my coworkers about you.'
    INTJ: 'Why? That's kind of awkward. What do you tell them?'
    ENFP: 'Well, we always end up talking about school and HOW I'M NOT IN IT and then the subject of useless majors like sociology comes up and I say, "YOU THINK THAT'S BAD? BRACE YOURSELF. My roommate is a women's/gender studies major. And guess what her minor is? PHILOSOPHY!" Most of them start laughing at that point, but if they look like they're waffling, I throw in the fact that you're a vegetarian and I can just see them picturing you as the most hippie looking bitch ever. I can't wait to bring them home to meet you. They're going to take one look at you and go, "where's your roommate?" because NO ONE with your interests can POSSIBLY look like as much of a Republican nominee as you do.'
    INTJ: '...that's the most insulting thing you've ever said to me. I'm the furthest thing in the world from a Republican.'
    Last edited by knittigan; 03-20-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    Hermes, Luciano, dulcinea and 33 others thanked this post.

  7. #37
    ENTP - The Visionaries

    Keep going, keep going.
    *munches his snack*
    VitaminDeficient, Poptart, Matt Cork and 11 others thanked this post.

  8. #38
    INTJ - The Scientists

    I thought I'd chuck in a couple of examples of things that made me laugh in a good way. This one was motivated by one of @FlaylexFayte 's comments on how asking an ENFP to summarise an 8 page report would result in 5 pages of summary. So I asked my ENFP friend the question during one of his common and entertaining ramblings:

    Me: If you had a report that was 8 pages long and you had to summarise it, how long would your summary be?
    His response, without hesitation was: Probably about 12 pages.

    Also, the other day we had been playing Minecraft for hours...

    Me: I need to go for about 10 minutes to get something to eat.
    Him: IRL - worst game ever.
    chimeric, VitaminDeficient, Matt Cork and 2 others thanked this post.

  9. #39
    INTJ - The Scientists

    ISTJ Parent: What is that?
    Me: A 6-pack.
    ISTJ: You thought it was ok to bring a 6-pack home?
    Me: Yes.
    ISTJ: You didn't think to ask me.
    Me: At the time no.
    ISTJ:That's pretty childish and selfish, just like your old self.
    Me: I disagree. What's the problem with it?
    ISTJ: For one you didn't even bother to ask me, you just thought you could do what you want.
    Me: To be honest I couldn't find a reason of why it wouldn't be ok, but I knew you would find something to complain about.
    ISTJ: You're drinking by yourself.
    Me: It's a 6-pack...
    ISTJ: And alcoholism runs in your mother's family.
    Me: And I'm not an alcoholic.
    ISTJ: You could become one.
    Me: So social drinking is ok?
    ISTJ: Social drinking is acceptable.
    Me: You're kidding right...? Becuase there's people around now somehow this is ok? That makes no sense.
    ISTJ: You just have to argue. You never understand these things and it shows how much a of an immature child you still are.

    *I walk away with a big smile on my face*

    Next day on the phone with ISFJ mother.

    ISFJ: Hi sweety.
    INTJ: HI mommy.
    ISFJ: What'd he do this time?
    INTJ: What doesn't he do. *Tells her the story*
    ISFJ: Of course he said that.
    INTJ: Seems to be the trend. Even if I can't find one reason for why something wouldn't be ok he'll find several that make no sense to me.
    ISFJ: Yup...
    INTJ: I'm not an alcoholic mom.
    ISFJ: I know sweetheart.
    INTJ: I smoke too much weed to be an alcoholic!
    ISFJ: *laughter*. I shouldn't be laughing at that should I?
    INTJ: Meh.

    /scene

    Yea it's long, sorry.
    Last edited by Matt Cork; 03-28-2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Hermes, RecklessInspirer, Luciano and 16 others thanked this post.

  10. #40
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by knittigan View Post
    ENFP: 'I love telling my coworkers about you.'
    INTJ: 'Why? That's kind of awkward. What do you tell them?'
    ENFP: 'Well, we always end up talking about school and HOW I'M NOT IN IT and then the subject of useless majors like sociology comes up and I say, "YOU THINK THAT'S BAD? BRACE YOURSELF. My roommate is a women's/gender studies major. And guess what her minor is? PHILOSOPHY!" Most of them start laughing at that point, but if they look like they're waffling, I throw in the fact that you're a vegetarian and I can just see them picturing you as the most hippie looking bitch ever. I can't wait to bring them home to meet you. They're going to take one look at you and go, "where's your roommate?" because NO ONE with your interests can POSSIBLY look like as much of a Republican nominee as you do.'
    INTJ: '...that's the most insulting thing you've ever said to me. I'm the furthest thing in the world from a Republican.'
    Republican, lmao

    Wow, this is just amazing insight to how these people think.
    How the fuck does this world go on.
    Rose Belle, Kizuna, lemonade and 5 others thanked this post.


     
Page 4 of 388 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-26-2019, 05:58 PM
  2. [INFP] Book Quotes and Excerpts
    By dreamcatcher in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 12-19-2015, 05:01 AM
  3. [INFP] Real Journal Excerpts?...
    By Lady Starbird in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 10:37 PM
  4. Excerpts from an Intro
    By Instinct in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 12:49 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-03-2009, 01:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:50 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0