[INTP] dealing with betrayal by ENTJ business partner? - Page 2

dealing with betrayal by ENTJ business partner?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
Thank Tree27Thanks

This is a discussion on dealing with betrayal by ENTJ business partner? within the INTP Forum - The Thinkers forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; If this was something just personal then I'd legit just never talk to him again. But since it's business I ...

  1. #11

    If this was something just personal then I'd legit just never talk to him again. But since it's business I would imagine that you have to rule out emotions and objectively seek a solution. This would involve confronting the ENTJ about the issue, understanding why he's doing it, and coming to an agreement about how these situations should be handled in the future. If an agreement cannot be made or his behavior doesn't change, then it's really up to you what you should do next. Just remember to make sure your mind is clear and free of emotion before you make your choice. That's the best advice I can give.

  2. #12
    INTP - The Thinkers


    I don't really feel like thinking of any input except that I've never met an ENTJ like that. I don't think it's typical of their behavior. But I agree with the suggestions about how to confront him.

  3. #13

    Is he taking credit for himself only by omission?

  4. #14
    Unknown


    I've encountered this in the workplace. The manager took credit for a procedural change for the better that I implemented against her will. (Leave me alone to work late nights unsupervised. Heh). I'd suggested it to her in the past and she had 27 reasons it wouldn't work. Two weeks of doing it my way on the sly and the owner took notice when he realized he was saving payroll money and experiencing reduced complaints. Long story short, she had a meltdown when the owner sided with me over her and made the change official and permanent.

    But about one month later she got busy letting everyone, myself included, know how business savvy she was when she implemented this change. I couldn't believe it. The audacity! How did she think she could pull this deceit off? Turns out she was being 100% sincere. 100% ESFJ head case too, but I was unaware that psychological projection worked in reverse as well:

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absorption_(psychology)

    Psychological absorption! Hey, that's what I was gonna call it if it hadn't already existed! If I hadn't been privy to her train wreck of a social life I might never have caught on. She wasn't a lying, manipulative snake of a human being after all; just sweet, caring and fucking insane in her own special way like 97% of them.
    Sava Saevus, Aridela, Eryngo and 1 others thanked this post.

  5. #15

    That's very little information. Are you making others respect your leadership? You have to. Personally I would very strongly consider excluding anyone who was disrespectful like that. They don't get to steal my idea and run away with it, which might be what he's planning.

  6. #16
    INTP


    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBarlow View Post

    Psychological absorption! Hey, that's what I was gonna call it if it hadn't already existed! If I hadn't been privy to her train wreck of a social life I might never have caught on. She wasn't a lying, manipulative snake of a human being after all; just sweet, caring and fucking insane in her own special way like 97% of them.
    I really hate to rain on such a beneficent parade, but you may be too generous here. It says Absorption is correlated with the big 5 trait of Openness, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openness_to_experience and someone with 27 reasons "Why it won't work" ...ain't that

    I think Absorption would be someone who talks to angels because "you can't prove they're not there and there's so much love in the world" and yet checked none of the other boxes for schizophrenia.

    It's something, though. No doubt! But we'd really need more details on the carnage and economic impact of the train wreck to work it out.
    DarkBarlow thanked this post.

  7. #17
    Unknown


    Quote Originally Posted by Eryngo View Post
    I really hate to rain on such a beneficent parade, but you may be too generous here. It says Absorption is correlated with the big 5 trait of Openness, https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openness_to_experience and someone with 27 reasons "Why it won't work" ...ain't that

    I think Absorption would be someone who talks to angels because "you can't prove they're not there and there's so much love in the world" and yet checked none of the other boxes for schizophrenia.

    It's something, though. No doubt! But we'd really need more details on the carnage and economic impact of the train wreck to work it out.
    I was going solely on the Latin:

    Pro-ject...throw-forth

    Ab-sorb...suck-from

    Sounds like a complete polar opposite from an etymological standpoint to me. I don't care what professional consensus says, I'm sticking with my internal vocabulary. They can come up with another word for what they're describing. I'm ok with redefinition when it comes to communicating my ideas. If you can come up with a better word we can take it and run with it.

    Here's another thing about these people: When you calmly and rationally explain how everything went down, they think you're insane. Classic projection. There's no righting the situation.

    Wait, I take that back. There is a remedy but it doesn't involve bringing them back to reality. It involves stealing their girlfriend. Here's another thing I learned from the whole experience: There's no such thing as a 100% lesbian. They're like Vulcans, once every seven years...

    That's what she gets for compelling me to seek out a sympathetic sounding board. Action/reaction...If I weren't so dark and dense I'd go so far as to say it was karmic.
    Sava Saevus and Eryngo thanked this post.

  8. #18
    INTP


    Quote Originally Posted by DarkBarlow View Post
    They can come up with another word for what they're describing. I'm ok with redefinition when it comes to communicating my ideas. If you can come up with a better word we can take it and run with it.

    Here's another thing about these people: When you calmly and rationally explain how everything went down, they think you're insane. Classic projection. There's no righting the situation.

    That's what she gets for compelling me to seek out a sympathetic sounding board. Action/reaction...If I weren't so dark and dense I'd go so far as to say it was karmic.
    Hm. Maybe it's simpler than that. Maybe she was trying to gaslight you to her own advantage (hence the acting like you're the crazy one) and you're so immune to that tactic you're speaking Latin instead of considering that her psyching people out actually works for her sometimes (and may, in fact, be how she got ahead). It "works" in the short term, at least. In the end, her lesbian girlfriend will go get some revenge D. So good execution of natural consequences on your part, anyway.
    DarkBarlow and Sava Saevus thanked this post.

  9. #19
    Unknown


    Quote Originally Posted by Eryngo View Post
    Hm. Maybe it's simpler than that. Maybe she was trying to gaslight you to her own advantage (hence the acting like you're the crazy one) and you're so immune to that tactic you're speaking Latin instead of considering that her psyching people out actually works for her sometimes (and may, in fact, be how she got ahead). It "works" in the short term, at least. In the end, her lesbian girlfriend will go get some revenge D. So good execution of natural consequences on your part, anyway.
    No, no, no. If I had to hear, "Why do bad things happen to good people?" out her mouth one more time I would have slit my wrists. Without going into details, when I said train wreck I meant TRAIN WRECK. There you go again, not trusting my judgment, grumble, grumble...

    Remember the lost luggage biz? Yeah, it's commission work. As a salaried 'manager' she worked twice as hard for half the money and that's just a tiny glimpse of the whole picture.
    Sava Saevus and Eryngo thanked this post.

  10. #20
    Unknown


    @Eryngo

    We had a price list. $1/mile rounded up to the next five. There was a big, wall-sized map of New England over the desk, one grid square was 15 miles.

    So one day a delivery to some obscure village not on the list shows up. "Oh noes! What will we charge the airline? Dark, run it on MapQuest!" I found it on the wall map and told her $75. "No! Run it on MapQuest! Right now!" Huh. 73.8 miles. "How did you know that?" One square is 15 miles, it's five squares away...

    "Yeah, but how do you know each square is the same size?" Childlike awe and wonder writ pure and large. This fun little anecdote and a thousand other things factor in. Believe me when I say she wasn't attempting to gaslight me, this was the first thing I thought too. The Truth of the matter occurred to me some time later after the aforementioned 'discussion' with her SO.
    Sava Saevus and Eryngo thanked this post.


     
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. INTP "Thinker" seeks ENTJ "Performer" as business partner
    By Melquiadez in forum ENTJ Forum - The Executives
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-28-2015, 11:27 PM
  2. [ISFJ] Advice for dealing with work betrayal ?
    By Girl on Fire in forum ISFJ Forum - The Nurturers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 02:56 AM
  3. [INFJ] Dealing with betrayal
    By butterflyxcollector in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-02-2015, 04:39 AM
  4. [INFJ] Dealing with betrayal of Trust...what would you do? (Advice needed, INFJxINFJ)
    By J_vasquez1989 in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-08-2015, 12:57 PM
  5. [ENTJ] What is an ENTJ's best business partner and worst business partner
    By Briguy in forum ENTJ Forum - The Executives
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-16-2012, 06:59 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:26 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0