I'm not as smart as you think I am. I'm smarter.
This is a discussion on Confessions of an INTP within the INTP Forum - The Thinkers forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; I'm not as smart as you think I am. I'm smarter....
I'm not as smart as you think I am. I'm smarter.
In addition to this I:
-am no good with maths.
-have to dumb down my vocabulary to get people to understand me.
-have intense moments where I will hide and cry in my room.
-wish I have the ability to express my feelings eloquently in words.
-wish I could be more sociable. Usually all my friends are the result of getting to know a popular person.
-wish I could empathise when someone cries on me. I feel so awkward when they do that.
-have great detailed fantasies about me living in some imaginary world.
-I wish that I wasn't so tactless.
-I wish I could be more like the people I'm forced to hang out with. These guys are general assholes, get obnoxiously drunk every weekend, and treat people like crap, but people love them. I guess if you observe common courtesy, try and treat others like equals, and can limit yourself to 2 or 3 Jack n Cokes, you're not supposed to get much out of life.
-I wish I wasn't so damn lazy. I'd like to think I'm pretty smart, but my 2.34 GPA doesn't show that.
-I wish I didn't have to dumb down my vocabulary to accommodate for other people.
-I wish that I could be more excited about small talk. I'm sorry, but it just bores me most of the time.
-I wish people didn't assume so much about me, or are shocked when they find out I'm different to what they originally thought of me.
I probably have more, but I think I'd have crossed the line from confessing to complaining.
- I hate people and I love people.
- I know I'm lazy, but I also know that I can take on anything--if my set my mind on it, that is.
- Guys tire me.
- Wait, MOST guys tire me, not all.
- I feel best when I listen to my heart.
- I have felt awkward around most people my whole life.
- I torture myself when I can't be a social butterfly even though I know it's my nature not to be.
I guess I wish I was how I'm like drunk. but sober - What a fun thought.-I wish I could be more like the people I'm forced to hang out with. These guys are general assholes, get obnoxiously drunk every weekend, and treat people like crap, but people love them. I guess if you observe common courtesy, try and treat others like equals, and can limit yourself to 2 or 3 Jack n Cokes, you're not supposed to get much out of life.-I wish that I could be more excited about small talk. I'm sorry, but it just bores me most of the time.Same here... I wish I were good with machines or physics so I could be an engineer or a researcher... I feel sort of useless when i tell people I'll study English and Philosophy. English - how special! Around 500 millon people speak it and I'll be one of them... wow! Philosophy! When I finish it I'll finally experience how it is to be permanently unemployed!Originally Posted by BeeInTheBonnet
- I wish people would stop telling me to be more "social" and "respectful" and "obedient." Those are not my priorities in life. I wish they could see that I just don't care.
- I wish I had someone to talk to who would not assume my mind was "antisocial" or "deficient," who would not talk over my ideas, who would not tell me to stop questioning things, who would not force me to engage in useless small talk. Oh, and who would fucking listen in the first place.
- Sometimes I just want to bash people's heads in and make them see the world around them. I want to make people think outside the box (or even go "Wha? Box?? What box???"). I want to make people understand that they don't have to do certain things just because "that's the way it's always been done" or "that's what everyone else does" or "God said you have to [blah blah blah]." I want to get rid of people's shoulds and shouldn'ts. I want to make people think.
-Wish my ideas would come out half as good as they sounded in my head.
-I don't like Pizza
-I don't Lasagna
-Just can't get into men, they make good friends though.
-I wish people didn't try to pin my ideas as 'teen rebellion', 'normal kid/tomboy/girl', 'typical kid', etc. True or not, it really does not help with trying to warm up to you, like you, respect you, or even try not smack you upside the head and slam you into a wall. I wouldn't do it to you, now would I? ...you overly typical anti-social worker.
-I freeze up logically when someone asks me to do something basic (like an arithmetic math problem) or remember something specific whereas I'm perfectly fine alone. I also freeze up in my work when someone else is around. This is problematic for one-on-one tutoring. A social deficiency of some sort.
-It's like pulling teeth to get people to leave my room without some sort of nasty remark or resistance. Why?
-Why is it ok for others to have emotions and opinions, but when I do they must be dissected and refuted and I must be educated in the errs of my ways? They're emotions! And you wonder why I don't show any sympathy to your sorry self-loathing ass five minutes after you scrutinize my half-hearted rant and accentuate the negative.
-I do wish people could see me as someone to open up to. I'm not all dry humor and soapbox, you know. I find it disrespectful when one tells me that I'm a good friend/family and then avoid explaining themselves to me.
-Honestly, I would really like someone who appreciates my input and would like what I have to offer in exchange for managing a house and tolerating me. I'm fairly inexpensive, like working, and I'm hardly controlling. I can handle quite a bit of emotion, though I prefer not to, but please don't hide it.
-I like Spinach, Tuna, Chili and Ramen noodles.
Ah, that was a load off of my mind... Thanks all!
I dated a extroverted asshole female for 4 years, i've been single for 2 years now, and i do not plan on getting into a relationship anytime soon. And let me tell you something, i feel lonely at night time sometimes, would be nice to have a girl to hold, until i get tired of her. Pornos release the feeling though (asian girls ftw).
So here it goes..
- I get lonely at night sometimes
- I have a foot fetish for woman with small feet
- I love anal licking when i have sex with a woman (she has to be clean)
- It would be nice to have oral sex with my ex sister, she is a virgin i think, and i wouldn't want to intrude her in that way so she doesnt feel guilty.I doubt it will happen (she is a INFJ, i think she likes me, but i could be wrong)
- I have a problem that i want to conquer someones knowledge
- I am a pervert ( i keep it to myself though)
- I lust more then i love
- If i find a girl that is absolutely beautiful i try to trick myself into giving myself reasons why i really like her when its just her body
Oh god yeah... but it'll lead to nothing in the end.- If i find a girl that is absolutely beautiful i try to trick myself into giving myself reasons why i really like her when its just her bodyThe sad part for me is that nobody wants to submit, even if I may be right. Besides I'd just feel bad either way.- I have a problem that i want to conquer someones knowledge.I don't. >8D- I am a pervert ( i keep it to myself though)So... So do they like it?- I love anal licking when i have sex with a woman (she has to be clean)
I've got my own weird fetishes, but it's a rather selective thing.
I'm not interested in sharing them.