[INTP] INTJ or INTP? Help? - Page 4

INTJ or INTP? Help?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Results 31 to 38 of 38
Thank Tree24Thanks

This is a discussion on INTJ or INTP? Help? within the INTP Forum - The Thinkers forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; This is an example of madness: 1) I am too easy going for an INTJ 2) I am too goal ...

  1. #31

    This is an example of madness:

    1) I am too easy going for an INTJ
    2) I am too goal oriented to be an INTP
    3) I am too outgoing to be introverted
    4) I am too sexy for my shirt

    Just accept your sexiness and move on

  2. #32

    Quote Originally Posted by NT the DC View Post
    This is an example of madness:

    1) I am too easy going for an INTJ
    2) I am too goal oriented to be an INTP
    3) I am too outgoing to be introverted
    So you're some Exxx type? I don't see any madness.

  3. #33

    Quote Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
    I didn't learn anything from this post.
    I wasn't really doing it for you. I was trying to give a concrete easily distinguishable feature to tell Je from Ji. The idea is Ji runs through an internal judgement from the bill, while Je runs through an external judgement from the bill. That is not to say for instance "the shit I do so that I can keep doing the shit I do" can't be a form of internal judgement, especially if "keep doing shit" stands for something internal. When you use behavioral responses to tell judgement apart it gets a little iffy. Instead of dwelling on the accuracy of a particular J, look at the way I tell them apart from each other and it is in this way I was attempting to be accurate. for Te "so that I can keep doing" is defaulting to something more external in comparison to Ti that will default to how "doing it" internally ends up mattering.

    Unless you are just saying you know all of it already, in which case it seems kind of like a meaningless statement to say that it's meaningless to you even though it could be useful to someone else.

  4. #34

    Quote Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
    So you're some Exxx type? I don't see any madness.
    The sexiness negates the extrovert possibility - I figured that was obvious.

  5. #35

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremusic2 View Post
    I wasn't really doing it for you. I was trying to give a concrete easily distinguishable feature to tell Je from Ji. The idea is Ji runs through an internal judgement from the bill, while Je runs through an external judgement from the bill. That is not to say for instance "the shit I do so that I can keep doing the shit I do" can't be a form of internal judgement, especially if "keep doing shit" stands for something internal. When you use behavioral responses to tell judgement apart it gets a little iffy. Instead of dwelling on the accuracy of a particular J, look at the way I tell them apart from each other and it is in this way I was attempting to be accurate. for Te "so that I can keep doing" is defaulting to something more external in comparison to Ti that will default to how "doing it" internally ends up mattering.

    Unless you are just saying you know all of it already, in which case it seems kind of like a meaningless statement to say that it's meaningless to you even though it could be useful to someone else.
    My point was that you didn't provide a conrete, easily distinguishable feature to tell Je from Ji.

  6. #36

    Quote Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
    My point was that you didn't provide a conrete, easily distinguishable feature to tell Je from Ji.
    I guess I care too much about accuracy rather than stereotyping.

  7. #37

    Quote Originally Posted by jeremusic2 View Post
    I guess I care too much about accuracy rather than stereotyping.
    Hah, good one. No, you just gave some really poor examples of what people who use those functions might say. But feel free to explain how any of this will be remotely helpful to someone who isn't already familiar with the functions and MBTI. (Incidentally, I would probably describe them as "stereotyping" but definitely not "accurate" to anything but crude caricatures.)

  8. #38

    Quote Originally Posted by Strelok View Post
    Hah, good one. No, you just gave some really poor examples of what people who use those functions might say. But feel free to explain how any of this will be remotely helpful to someone who isn't already familiar with the functions and MBTI. (Incidentally, I would probably describe them as "stereotyping" but definitely not "accurate" to anything but crude caricatures.)
    Why are you saying no? There is accuracy between them. But I do agree they are really poor (more like extremely limited) examples in and of themselves, seeing as they are behavioral examples. You can only do so well with behavioral examples.

    Well in case the person doesn't know - seeing as he was reading a lot of mbti to begin with so I assumed he did - the "J" in mbti stands for having an extroverted judging cognitive function. As INTP it really means

    Ne Ti Fe Si

    where the bold stands for an emphasis on introversion ("i", whereas extroversion is "e"), the itallics stand for the judging function at the top half of the stack, and the underline stands for the top half functions, i.e.

    Ne Ti Fe Si = INTP.

    And for:

    INTJ = Ni Te Fi Se.

    Yes the F and S are the familiar feeling and sensing. The more emphasis placed on a function the more a dominant role it plays in your personality. So you can see how not only is every function different, but crucially the judging function is different. It was so important to Jung he designated it a letter. Extroverted thinking relies on external facts/judgements, while introverted thinking relies on internal principles/judgements. Hence why I said "why does this matter" for principle judgement vs. "doing this for this" for fact judgement.


     
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] INTP-INTJ friendship broke - INTJ stalked me on social media, ALL THE TIME!
    By Airess3 in forum INTJ Forum - The Scientists
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 05-24-2017, 08:31 PM
  2. [INTP] Why the [Non INTP/INTJ] topics are the only interesting topics about INTP/INTJ ?
    By Drezden in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-16-2017, 08:52 PM
  3. [INTP] INTP/INTJ conundrum - Any INTP with dominant Ti, but Ne and Ni close?
    By Lady Phoenix in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-30-2015, 05:34 AM
  4. [INTJ] INTJ - INTP : What any other type that INTJ/INTP can be an Asperger?
    By ogr_ro1 in forum INTJ Forum - The Scientists
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 05-11-2015, 06:35 PM
  5. INTP in MBTI and INTp (Which is INTJ) in socionics ?
    By Dezir in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2014, 06:12 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:48 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0