[INTP] Cosmetic Surgery

Cosmetic Surgery

View Poll Results: Would you get cosmetic surgery?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    8 21.62%
  • No

    29 78.38%
  • Already have

    0 0%
Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Thank Tree9Thanks

This is a discussion on Cosmetic Surgery within the INTP Forum - The Thinkers forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; I'm aware of the hamfisted politics among the PerC population, far too indoctrinated and suffering from stockholm syndrome by being ...

  1. #1
    INTP - The Thinkers

    Cosmetic Surgery

    I'm aware of the hamfisted politics among the PerC population, far too indoctrinated and suffering from stockholm syndrome by being surrounded by other types with mantras about how everyone is beautiful in their own special way...

    but would you?



  2. #2
    INTP - The Thinkers

    I'm certainly not the most handsome guy around but I've always found it difficult to understand how much time and money people are willing to spend for sake of appearance. Of course, it's a different case if your appearance is mangled from violence or defects. So the answer is no, unless some asshole decides to throw a grenade at my face.

  3. #3
    INTP - The Thinkers

    This poll is too simple, so I didn't answer it. Only way I'd get cosmetic surgery is if I got seriously disfigured, or was born with a serious disfigurement. Using something as extreme as surgery (which still has a small chance of ending in death, no matter how minor) to improve typical physical traits to meet current fashions strikes me as vain (or lacking in self-esteem) to the point of irrationality.

  4. #4
    Unknown

    I would gladly take it if you're paying.

    If I had to pay for it out of pocket, I'd probably not get it unless I get in a really bad car accident or fire one day and half my face gets burned off. Then I'd likely pay for surgery out of pocket.


    Or maybe in 20 or 30 years when I'm considerably wrinkly and surgeries have gotten cheaper and more advanced and easier (and certainly more mainstream at this rate), then I'd consider one more seriously.

    Right now I have no reason to consider one.
    luxurieux thanked this post.

  5. #5

    Will it make my dick bigger though?


    But no, would reconsider in the event of serious facial damage.

  6. #6
    INTP - The Thinkers

    Quote Originally Posted by SilverKelpie View Post
    This poll is too simple, so I didn't answer it. Only way I'd get cosmetic surgery is if I got seriously disfigured, or was born with a serious disfigurement. Using something as extreme as surgery (which still has a small chance of ending in death, no matter how minor) to improve typical physical traits to meet current fashions strikes me as vain (or lacking in self-esteem) to the point of irrationality.
    but then, it's a yes.

    and considering the risks... then it makes more sense to have the surgery because of milder issues because of the range of more basic or simpler procedures...

    as it seems much more vain to automatically toss people born with a cosmetic disfigurement (serious or otherwise) into the pro surgery crowd... for being "ugly"
    passmethecookies thanked this post.

  7. #7
    INTP - The Thinkers

    So, you'd only get cosmetic surgery if you're really really ugly, huh?
    Questions says cosmetic, not reconstructive. Different things.
    Risk don't cut it. Many medications that are routinely used are far more dangerous than this type of surgery.

    I have no problem with it. In fact, I'm planning to have a couple of fixes myself. It's not about insecurity, I don't care what 'others' say ('positive' or 'negative'). I care about what I think when I look at things and I judge they need fixing. It's like having something in your house that quite doesn't fit, changing the decor, improving the architecture, tailoring a suit or even practicing a sport (are you all in it 'for the health benefits'?) . Obviously, no one needs to go crazy with it and pull a Michael Jackson, but then that's something that applies to everything in life.
    Rift thanked this post.

  8. #8
    INTP - The Thinkers

    Quote Originally Posted by emberfly View Post
    Or maybe in 20 or 30 years when I'm considerably wrinkly and surgeries have gotten cheaper and more advanced and easier (and certainly more mainstream at this rate), then I'd consider one more seriously.

    Right now I have no reason to consider one.
    That's what it comes down to for me as well. Diet and exercise are much simpler and cost effective means to attain any physical goals I have right now for myself. Self-esteem is a tricky issue for the general public though. I can't justify stigmatizing plastic surgery because at the end of the day, who am I to criticize someone trying to regain a positive self image? Naturally I'd have some questions for anyone close to me who was thinking of getting a procedure done but at the end of the day, "you do you boo boo."

  9. #9

    No why would I want to change my face? I may not like it sometimes but it is my face

  10. #10
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by jmurphy View Post
    That's what it comes down to for me as well. Diet and exercise are much simpler and cost effective means to attain any physical goals I have right now for myself. Self-esteem is a tricky issue for the general public though. I can't justify stigmatizing plastic surgery because at the end of the day, who am I to criticize someone trying to regain a positive self image? Naturally I'd have some questions for anyone close to me who was thinking of getting a procedure done but at the end of the day, "you do you boo boo."
    I'm totes jealous of your exercising. I keep saying to myself how I should do that, but I never actually do it. One of those things where I don't take my own advice.

    I wish I had someone to motivate me to do it... maybe a partner who always wanted to go running and dragged me along with them.


     
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Have you ever had cosmetic surgery? Would you?
    By huesos in forum General Chat
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 03:47 AM
  2. Cosmetic Surgery Survey
    By Lou in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 09:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:26 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0