[INTP] Q&A about dating INTPs, and INTP dating: - Page 53

Q&A about dating INTPs, and INTP dating:

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 53 of 776 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 553 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 7754
Thank Tree9511Thanks

This is a discussion on Q&A about dating INTPs, and INTP dating: within the INTP Forum - The Thinkers forums, part of the NT's Temperament Forum- The Intellects category; Originally Posted by nadjasix Some people are really into talking about how much they troll. I like it. I'm not ...

  1. #521

    Quote Originally Posted by nadjasix View Post
    Some people are really into talking about how much they troll. I like it.
    I'm not sure if I should take this as a trolly compliment but I say thank you anyway.
    nadjasix thanked this post.

  2. #522

    Quote Originally Posted by Graficcha View Post
    Dare I make the small distinction between trolling as 'messing with in mutual awareness' and trolling as 'trying to make you look like an idiot in front of everyone and/or getting a cheap laugh at your expense'.

    The former, sure, the latter, that's more reserved for hapless wilfully ignorant victims.
    I understand what you're saying but I really do both and I usually get a kick out of both. Do you consider it a valid response?

  3. #523
    INTP - The Thinkers

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanna Fridh View Post
    I understand what you're saying but I really do both and I usually get a kick out of both. Do you consider it a valid response?

    Sure I do xD It's just that what with the talk of trolling good friends it starts to sound somewhat heartless and sarcastic, as if you're saying you occasionally enjoy kicking your best bud in the shins for shits and giggles. Peeps comin' by and reading it might misunderstand, since 'trolling' in most people's dictionaries is a nasty thing to do.
    Or something.


    But yes, I, too, enjoy both from time to time, just not at the expense of my friends in the less benign case.

  4. #524

    Quote Originally Posted by Graficcha View Post
    Sure I do xD It's just that what with the talk of trolling good friends it starts to sound somewhat heartless and sarcastic, as if you're saying you occasionally enjoy kicking your best bud in the shins for shits and giggles. Peeps comin' by and reading it might misunderstand, since 'trolling' in most people's dictionaries is a nasty thing to do.
    Or something.


    But yes, I, too, enjoy both from time to time, just not at the expense of my friends in the less benign case.
    I thought the word "troll" has started to move away from its negative connotations but perhaps I was wrong. I agree that just playing with perception is more common with friends but Ne can also come up with really stupid and silly things, almost like those devastating one-liners ISTPs can come up with.

    I was having dinner with some good friends a couple of years ago and they still laugh over that sardonic comment I made about grannies in wheelchairs rushing down a hill and ending up at the local fun park. I don't really remember the context now but my friends thought it was really funny and keep mentioning this. I never understood why it's funny since to me it was just a factual statement :(
    nadjasix thanked this post.

  5. #525
    INTP - The Thinkers

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanna Fridh View Post
    I thought the word "troll" has started to move away from its negative connotations but perhaps I was wrong. I agree that just playing with perception is more common with friends but Ne can also come up with really stupid and silly things, almost like those devastating one-liners ISTPs can come up with.

    I was having dinner with some good friends a couple of years ago and they still laugh over that sardonic comment I made about grannies in wheelchairs rushing down a hill and ending up at the local fun park. I don't really remember the context now but my friends thought it was really funny and keep mentioning this. I never understood why it's funny since to me it was just a factual statement :(
    I've apparently managed to floor some of my online friends more than once stating some opinions of mine or describing stuff in colourful ways. Reduced Kelly to tears of laughter once.
    All I can do is take the compliment with a bow whenever that happens, most of the time I'm not deliberately going for it.

    Line-crossing remarks can be brilliant at the right time, and even righter at the wrong time. My dad's notorious for once making a seizure joke remark when the family got some really bad news. It was hilarious and horrible at the same time.


    Trolling as I see it isn't directly bad, 'trolling' on forums in the annoying way I'd almost start referring to as griefing and/or lolcow milking, but when I say 'lol I trolled my friend' at a buddy INFJ she's all LE GHASPETH how can you do such a horrible thing to friends!
    nadjasix thanked this post.

  6. #526
    Unknown Personality


    Quote Originally Posted by Graficcha View Post
    I've apparently managed to floor some of my online friends more than once stating some opinions of mine or describing stuff in colourful ways. Reduced Kelly to tears of laughter once.
    All I can do is take the compliment with a bow whenever that happens, most of the time I'm not deliberately going for it.

    Line-crossing remarks can be brilliant at the right time, and even righter at the wrong time. My dad's notorious for once making a seizure joke remark when the family got some really bad news. It was hilarious and horrible at the same time.


    Trolling as I see it isn't directly bad, 'trolling' on forums in the annoying way I'd almost start referring to as griefing and/or lolcow milking, but when I say 'lol I trolled my friend' at a buddy INFJ she's all LE GHASPETH how can you do such a horrible thing to friends!
    I think it's hilarious to counter-troll griefers by continuously doing whatever it is they think is funny. Or annoying, as the case may be. Until they give up.

    For example, if they're the types who get butthurt by people who are more successful than they are, just keep talking about your successes. Every opportunity.

    BOOM.

    So sophisticated. Lick me.
    Graficcha, Rift and Epictetus thanked this post.

  7. #527

    Quote Originally Posted by nadjasix View Post
    I think it's hilarious to counter-troll griefers by continuously doing whatever it is they think is funny. Or annoying, as the case may be.

    For example, if they're the types who get butthurt by people who are more successful than they are, just keep talking about your successes. Every opportunity.

    BOOM.

    So sophisticated.
    If the troller is an actual troller e.g. tries to make you upset I just respond in a factual manner and they end up becoming so infuriated at me I just can't help it but to continue until they just absolutely rage. <.<

    In video and computer games the result is always the best and ends up with ragequits.


    I know I should be offended but I just can't!
    nadjasix, Graficcha and Rift thanked this post.

  8. #528
    Unknown Personality


    Quote Originally Posted by Sanna Fridh View Post
    If the troller is an actual troller e.g. tries to make you upset I just respond in a factual manner and they end up becoming so infuriated at me I just can't help it but to continue until they just absolutely rage. <.<

    In video and computer games the result is always the best and ends up with ragequits.


    I know I should be offended but I just can't!
    I like it when they don't realize that they're as lulzy as anything, and I'm probably lulzing harder than they ever will.

  9. #529
    INTP - The Thinkers

    Nadja, your current signature pic is absolutely hilarious in this conversation.
    nadjasix and rakstamgalds thanked this post.

  10. #530
    Unknown Personality


    Anybody ever do the thing where the stupider the rage-posts (or fake "trolls" that are written by people who are actually pissed) are that the other person is making, the more seriously you pretend to take them, and ask for a lot of clarification and provide a really long analysis or an unnecessarily open-ended, but short, yet flowery statement of profound speechifying in response? One that is only tangentially related but takes the high road, graciously?

    Also, thanking trolls' posts is fun, when they expect you to get mad, but instead you pretend to agree with them and are all like "hey, cool, bro... right on..."
    Graficcha, Rift and Entropic thanked this post.


     
Page 53 of 776 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 553 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] INTPs and dating
    By ZC Carbon in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-28-2018, 06:54 PM
  2. dating for INTP
    By refreshe123d in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 10-01-2017, 12:30 AM
  3. [INTP] Dating for the INTP
    By Technik in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 07-29-2017, 07:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:56 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0