I got into mbti a few months ago and I've slowly fallen deeper and deeper down the rabbit hole until I've finally started looking at the functions of the types.
I usually consistently test as ISTP but now I'm looking at functions I've found that maybe it doesn't suit me as well as I thought it did.
If anyone has suggestions as to what I might be, please feel free to post them below.
To try and help out a little bit, here are my answers to the questions found here:
h t t p : / / p e r s o n a l i t y c a f e . c o m / w h a t s - m y - p e r s o n a l i t y - t y p e / 9 9 6 7 9 - w h a t s - m y - t y p e - q u e s t i o n n a i r e . h t m l
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
Not that I know of, I'm female and still in school but it's the summer holidays so I've interacted with maybe four people outside of my immediate family in three weeks? The weather's in that weird state where it feels like it should be raining but it's not that makes restless.
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
h t t p s : / / w w w . f l i c k r . c o m / p h o t o s / 1 1 2 9 3 5 9 7 3 @ N 0 4 / 3 6 4 4 2 7 8 1 6 1 5 / i n / e x p l o r e - 2 0 1 7 - 0 8 - 0 8 /
Ok so it's a crop of sunflowers. Probably being grown to make sunflower oil. The heads of the flowers are probably mostly facing towards where the sun last was. Given by the colour of the sky, we can assume that it is either sunrise or sunset. This means the flowers are probably facing west - where the sun sets. This is also backed up by the mist in the area; we can assume the sun hasn't risen yet (it is dawn) because the mist hasn't been 'burnt off' yet. Spiderwebs are also visible due to the condensation. That's pretty much all I've got for ya, or at least what I can be bothered to do.
2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
Start with pushing the car to the side of the road. I dunno, I wouldn't be that bothered, it's not like you have to be on time to a concert unless it's fancy or we haven't booked tickets or something? If we have signal, just call someone, if not, go and look for help.
3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
Does the party have food. Does it have alcohol? Does it have a nice toilet? If the answer is no to any of these questions then fuck off. If the answers are yes, then sure so long as I have friends there, but not for too long.
4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I'd probably be disappointed in them. If I was really close to them I might confront them but if not I'd probably just ignore it. Be a little passive-aggressive if I'm in the mood.
5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Again, probably I'd just ignore it unless they were doing something to directly hurt someone; then I'd go fuck them up.
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
I guess the strongest belief I have is that people can think whatever they want and there's nothing you can do about it. Actions, you can work with. But beliefs, you're wasting your time. This idea came about around the whole Brexit/Trump shitfest. My beliefs shift to be a little more cynical every time my faith in humanity is shown to be misplaced.
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?
I think the thing that distinguishes my personality is just how chill I am. You want to put make-up on me and I have to wear it all day, small child? Sure, go for it. The ice caps are melting? Great, I never liked polar bears anyway.
If I could change one thing I guess I'd like to procrastinate less (I mean that's what I'm doing right now so...).
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I get them more when I'm playing games that involve running and hiding. I kinda sense where people are. I generally trust my instincts; they're pretty accurate. (Also I can always predict the jump scares in horror films/games.) I'm not so good at reading people though, I'm usually quite suspicious when I meet people and they have to earn their way into my good graces.
9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
I get really energized from doing things that gets my adrenalin going with friends - theme parks and stuff late at night are my ELEMENT. Pretty much anything late at night with a couple of friends tbh.
Extended social interaction where we aren't even DOING anything is what drains me the most. I get soo bored and then I have to hide my boredom to be polite and it just drains me so much. I get really crabby and cross with people for the smallest things, then I just need to sit in my room for hours to recharge.
[UPDATE: IT'S STARTED RAINING NOW, THANK FUCK]
10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
Pretty much everything. I think about the weirdest stuff so I don't really share it unless it's about the conversation topic or people would find it funny. I'm also a REALLY tactile person so I often have to stop myself from hugging someone or touching someone's hair.
So that's it really. Just to be clear, when I say friends, I mean like 5 friends MAX.
Any help would be appreciated, thanks -Kat