I'm new to the forum, but I've been reading it for years. I decided to join recently, though, because I wanted to actually interact here, too. My name is Katherine and I have tested as an INFP consistently 90% of the time since I was 15 years old. The other 10% has always been INTP.
I consider myself pretty comfortable with my secondary, tertiary, and inferior functions, though I've only just recently begun to delve deeper into my inferior Te function. I'm in my thirties - I'm 34, but I am already telling people I'm 35 because that's how much I live in the future sometimes (my birthday is in December, though).
I feel much younger than I am. I have a sort of innocent child-like wonder and I probably get excited over really menial things. I am reasonably healthy in that I take care of myself physically, mentally, and emotionally though I do take necessary medication for my mood and have for over 10 years.
The motif of death has traveled with me my entire life. From a young child, people close to me have died and I have had a relationship with the idea of death from a young age. I don't say this to invoke pity, but just to explain what has made me who I am as a person. The result is that I didn't have a normal social life growing up, but I have the unique ability to totally sit through the storm of grief while remaining relatively calm which I believe is a strength. I would love to be a grief counselor, but I feel more called as a child/adolescent counselor. My father died in July at the young age of 65. This was a devastating experience as I was more close to him than any other person in my life growing up and at the time he died.
I have two children. I live in a house with their father (INTP @hornpipe2 ) who is my best friend IRL. I'm married to an exceptional ISTP who is in an unusual situation physically right now which is better left unsaid until I feel more comfortable here. I spend most of my time on the INFP, INTP, and ISTP threads, though I'm also very attracted to the INxJ and ISFP threads, too. I want to be better versed in all of the types and understand all of them better, starting with those I find more compatible and working outward. I am notorious IRL for being extremely sensitive to extroverted energy and extroverted people. It goes beyond the norm, I think.
I very much enjoy this forum and I am really looking forward to learning more and hopefully making some lasting friends.
tldr; I'm a young-hearted 34 y/o INFP who has only recently joined but has been reading for years. I'm pretty developed in my function set. Death has been a motif in my life but it hasn't caused me to be excessively dark. My father died in July and that was/is hard for me. I hope to meet friends here. My name is Katherine