[ISFJ] Stream of Consciousness thread - Page 123

Stream of Consciousness thread

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 123 of 124 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1236
Thank Tree1091Thanks

This is a discussion on Stream of Consciousness thread within the ISFJ Forum - The Nurturers forums, part of the SJ's Temperament Forum- The Overseers category; Originally Posted by Sela I'm of a certain age, and so am I. This sucks. I'm having side effects from ...

  1. #1221

    Quote Originally Posted by Sela View Post
    I'm of a certain age, and so am I. This sucks.
    I'm having side effects from my birth control and the way to control it is by prescribing me even more hormones . One of the reasons I went back to this birth control is because it stopped my PMS in the first place but I need the extra hormones to stop the physical side effects. I really hate this. I'm hoping all the side effects go in a few months and I'm hormone/effect-free for the duration of the original birth control. Bleh.
    Sela thanked this post.

  2. #1222
    ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers

    Quote Originally Posted by JennyJukes View Post
    I'm having side effects from my birth control and the way to control it is by prescribing me even more hormones . One of the reasons I went back to this birth control is because it stopped my PMS in the first place but I need the extra hormones to stop the physical side effects. I really hate this. I'm hoping all the side effects go in a few months and I'm hormone/effect-free for the duration of the original birth control. Bleh.
    Good luck. I'm trying to avoid HRT but the older I get, the more difficult it is becoming. Hopefully it will all come to an end sooner rather than later.

  3. #1223
    ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers

    Sharing my thoughts with you folks again today: As many of you know already we ISTJ's are not robots although many people seem to believe that we are. A post that one of my friends shared on Social Media last night really struck a nerve with me. The post itself said, "Have you ever been so sad that it physically hurts inside?", to which I can wholeheartedly say YES. I tend to hide my own feelings quite well, because although I have them, I do not trust them much and in this case, believe that if I shared my thoughts with anyone here they would think I was nuts.

    The short version: The first time it happened I ended up in tears privately in the toilets and while I'm not to that point again yet, I've had days that have been close. Anyway... my current Supervisor (confirmed INTJ) is leaving on Sabbatical for a year and when he comes back he's just going to teach. One of my former Supervisors (extremely suspected ESTJ) was "just" an Interim Chair in my former department for close to two years and finally went back to his own department (the department I ended up going to last year). So... I'll get to work with these two amazing former supervisors but it's just killing me because they both treated me so well and now in a couple of months I'll have a new Supervisor (will be Supervisor #8 FWIW) and I DON'T WANT A DIFFERENT SUPERVISOR.

    /vent
    Jawz thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #1224
    INTJ - The Scientists

    I think my son's girlfriend is an ISFJ. This is excellent news. I know we're not supposed to have favorites, but really, if you had to come up with a type that would make the best son's girlfriend/daughter-in-law, wouldn't ISFJ be at the top of the list? Of course it would.

  6. #1225
    ISFJ - The Nurturers

    I should have become a therapist. I listen and "give my opinion" on friends' circumstances all the time. I'm pretty accurate, but only because I really have a deep understanding of human nature/behavior. Went to dinner with a friend who is going through a divorce, and often in my words of encouragement to her she would start to cry ... only because what I said hit home.
    Prismatic Butterfly thanked this post.

  7. #1226

    Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    I should have become a therapist. I listen and "give my opinion" on friends' circumstances all the time. I'm pretty accurate, but only because I really have a deep understanding of human nature/behavior. Went to dinner with a friend who is going through a divorce, and often in my words of encouragement to her she would start to cry ... only because what I said hit home.
    It's funny sometimes, how it is. I don't mind being the therapist among friends, I appreciate that friends, even people I'm not too familiar with, feel comfortable opening up to me. It feels good being able to help others. It's not even about having answers, it's just being able to shoulder someone's burdens at times, and being present for them. It's just hard when sometimes people only seek you out for that, and only that, and it begins feeling like it's all you're any good for.

    I struggle with it sometimes, wondering my value to people and my friends. There isn't really anyone around who asks about me or how I'm doing. It's more a rushed response as a means to remain polite, but they don't really want to know. It's not like it's their fault, not everyone knows how to respond to more than a simple 'I'm well' response. It can just feel really isolating at times. At least for me.
    Last edited by Prismatic Butterfly; 10-06-2019 at 08:25 PM.
    Trigun64, Shale and AgileLight thanked this post.

  8. #1227

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic Butterfly View Post
    It's funny sometimes, how it is. I don't mind being the therapist among friends, I appreciate that friends, even people I'm not too familiar with, feel comfortable opening up to me. It feels good being able to help others. It's not even about having answers, it's just being able to shoulder someone's burdens at times, and being present for them. It's just hard when sometimes people only seek you out for that, and only that, and it begins feeling like it's all you're any good for.

    I struggle with it sometimes, wondering my value to people and my friends. There isn't really anyone around who asks about me or how I'm doing. It's more a rushed response as a means to remain polite, but they don't really want to know. It's not like it's their fault, not everyone knows how to respond to more than a simple 'I'm well' response. It can just feel really isolating at times. At least for me.
    Yup.

    All I can say to this is "ditto."
    Prismatic Butterfly thanked this post.

  9. #1228

    Quote Originally Posted by Prismatic Butterfly View Post
    It's funny sometimes, how it is. I don't mind being the therapist among friends, I appreciate that friends, even people I'm not too familiar with, feel comfortable opening up to me. It feels good being able to help others. It's not even about having answers, it's just being able to shoulder someone's burdens at times, and being present for them. It's just hard when sometimes people only seek you out for that, and only that, and it begins feeling like it's all you're any good for.

    I struggle with it sometimes, wondering my value to people and my friends. There isn't really anyone around who asks about me or how I'm doing. It's more a rushed response as a means to remain polite, but they don't really want to know. It's not like it's their fault, not everyone knows how to respond to more than a simple 'I'm well' response. It can just feel really isolating at times. At least for me.
    You know, Prismatic, we probably should stop waiting for them to ask and just tell them. Or if you don't know if what you say will be received well, start slow and easy and share something a little personal but not so vulnerable it will hurt if they don't receive it well.

    It may seem like people don't want to know, and of course some people really don't, but I think a lot of people are just ridiculously busy these days. IMHO, technology is making us all a little crazy, overwhelmed and scattered.

    I dunno…. maybe I'm wrong.
    Prismatic Butterfly thanked this post.

  10. #1229
    ISFJ

    Wow we have like 4 people here now, woo!

  11. #1230
    ISFJ

    Back down to 3, woo!


     
Page 123 of 124 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123 124 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INTJ] The (stream of conscious?) venting thread for INTJ.
    By Hemoglobin in forum INTJ Forum - The Scientists
    Replies: 37009
    Last Post: Today, 10:30 AM
  2. [INTP] The (stream of conscious?) venting thread for INTPs
    By MiriMiriAru in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 8806
    Last Post: Yesterday, 10:27 AM
  3. [ENFP] Stream of Consciousness
    By Compassionate Misanthrope in forum ENFP Forum - The Inspirers
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-10-2017, 08:14 PM
  4. Stream of Consciousness or Senselessness
    By Curiosajess in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-09-2017, 09:47 AM
  5. [INTP] Stream of Consciousness-ing
    By rappf in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-28-2011, 12:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:35 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0