Another PerC member suggested that we should have an Introduction Thread in the ISFJ forum. I thought it was a great idea. It seems like there are a number of ISFJs who look at our forum and just lurk because they don't feel comfortable posting. Being a shy, sensitive ISFJ type myself, I can understand what that feels like. But my favorite thing about the ISFJ forum is that it's such a warm, welcoming place...I feel like I can post anything and feel "safe"
So I figure this can be a formal place where some of the more frequent ISFJ posters can share some things about themselves, and maybe it will help give some new ISFJs a starting point too.
So here are a few general questions for ISFJs to answer. Don't feel like you have to answer all of them if you don't want to, and definitely feel free to share or add on anything else you want. I just thought maybe this could be a starting point.
1. What's your age/age range?
2. Where are you located? (City, State, Country, Region)
3. What's your current occupation/job/career?
4. What's your current social situation (married/relationship/single, or can name family/friends/pets too).
5. What's something you're interested in or like to do?
6. What's something that you really like about yourself, especially as an ISFJ?
7. What's something that you find tough about being an ISFJ?
8. What's something quirky/interesting/unique about you?
I'll start! Here are my answers:
1. I'm a 32 year old male ISFJ.
2. I live in North Carolina in the southeastern United States.
3. I teach high school math.
4. I'm single and gay with no pets, and I live alone. I have some very close friends and family members that I love deeply, though.
5. I like to go hiking, play video games, watch movies, watch lots of sports, play pool, gamble, and travel.
6. More than anything, I'm a super loyal person to those that I care about. I feel like I'll stick with them to the end.
7. I over-worry about things too much, especially when I have no good reason to.
8. I still have my childhood teddy bear (he's in my avatar). I've loved him since I was a kid, I still like to cuddle him, and I sleep with him every night.
See, not too hard, right? And if I can admit that I'm a 32 year old man who still sleeps with his teddy bear, I know you ISFJs can feel comfortable sharing anything about yourselves!