[ISTJ] Ignorance

Ignorance

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
Thank Tree74Thanks

This is a discussion on Ignorance within the ISTJ Forum - The Duty Fulfillers forums, part of the SJ's Temperament Forum- The Overseers category; We seem to have a stereotype that we are unyielding in our ways and will not change. How have you ...

  1. #1
    Unknown Personality


    Ignorance

    We seem to have a stereotype that we are unyielding in our ways and will not change. How have you defied this perception of us? What must happen for you to break from your ways? Have you matured from these experiences?
    niss and sriracha thanked this post.



  2. #2
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    We seem to have a stereotype that we are unyielding in our ways and will not change. How have you defied this perception of us? What must happen for you to break from your ways? Have you matured from these experiences?
    People say this about ISTJs because they are talking about two different things.

    Change as in show an ISTJ a better way of doing something and we'll embrace it in a heartbeat. You will have to have your ducks in a row and be able to demonstrate why your way is better, but do that and we're changing. For us, this is all about efficiency and doing things in the best possible way.

    Where most folks find us rigid and uncompromising is in our dealings with other people. We don't change our calendar on a whim and we do tend to live by the cliche, "a lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part." So our lack of flexibility in dealing with others is where we get the reputation of being unyielding.

    Change? Yes we change--quite easily, in fact.

    Do we tend to be rigid and inflexible in our dealings with others? Absolutely.

  3. #3
    ENTP - The Visionaries


    People on the outside have an accurate reading of how you actually behave.
    I know you would prefer to not be rigid, but generally you are.
    It's the way you deal with your internal conscious or unconscious anxiety.
    You can't help it, and the first step to changing and becoming more flexible is admitting it.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    ISTJ - The Duty Fulfillers

    Quote Originally Posted by niss63 View Post
    "a lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."
    ^ This.

    Quote Originally Posted by niss63 View Post
    Change? Yes we change--quite easily, in fact.
    *If* proven that it makes the most sense to actually implement the change. If it's not proven to my satisfaction, then I'm not changing my mind or my processes.
    niss thanked this post.

  6. #5
    Unknown Personality


    Quote Originally Posted by ENTrePenuer View Post
    People on the outside have an accurate reading of how you actually behave.
    I know you would prefer to not be rigid, but generally you are.
    It's the way you deal with your internal conscious or unconscious anxiety.
    You can't help it, and the first step to changing and becoming more flexible is admitting it.
    No, you push the stereotype, and don't observe, but you do this for a purpose. You mean no good, and lack class and/or decency

  7. #6
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    No, you push the stereotype, and don't observe, but you do this for a purpose. You mean no good, and lack class or decency
    Put him on ignore and you won't have to listen to his...(be nice, be nice, be nice)...thoughts on the matter.

  8. #7
    Unknown Personality


    It's good to open others eyes to their indecencies "Do onto others as you would like done to you" isn't something we all follow, but I'm afraid hes way too arrogant to let words get to him. Ignoring his posts would be a statement of value, I suppose. I've never liked that approach of "turn the other cheek", if you dislike someone do away with them in some fashion, but I don't think his ways are worthy of banning by an admin. Ignore it is.

    Though he prefers to talk about us with intent to put us on the defensive, its notable that Happy maybe on to something is his quote here:

    "Here is my list of ENTP stereotypes..

    1.) Unethical
    2.) Joker
    3.) No feelings
    4.) Cocky
    5.) Not romantic
    6.) Shocker (Gets their kicks from seeing peoples reaction)
    7.) Trolls
    8.) Rarely serious
    9.) Funny
    10.) Narcissistic"
    ISTJ's and ENTP's can certainly there is some truth to the negative stereotypes
    niss, sriracha and MonieJ thanked this post.

  9. #8
    ENTP - The Visionaries


    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    No, you push the stereotype, and don't observe, but you do this for a purpose. You mean no good, and lack class and/or decency
    Truth hurts doesn't it?

  10. #9
    ENTP - The Visionaries


    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    It's good to open others eyes to their indecencies "Do onto others as you would like done to you" isn't something we all follow, but I'm afraid hes way too arrogant to let words get to him. Ignoring his posts would be a statement of value, I suppose. I've never liked that approach of "turn the other cheek", if you dislike someone do away with them in some fashion, but I don't think his ways are worthy of banning by an admin. Ignore it is.

    Though he prefers to talk about us with intent to put us on the defensive, its notable that Happy maybe on to something is his quote here:

    "Here is my list of ENTP stereotypes..

    1.) Unethical
    2.) Joker
    3.) No feelings
    4.) Cocky
    5.) Not romantic
    6.) Shocker (Gets their kicks from seeing peoples reaction)
    7.) Trolls
    8.) Rarely serious
    9.) Funny
    10.) Narcissistic"
    ISTJ's and ENTP's can certainly there is some truth to the negative stereotypes
    So the ENTP stereotypes are true but the ISTJ steretypes are not?


    Make up your mind buddy, you can't have it both ways.

  11. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by ENTrePenuer View Post
    So the ENTP stereotypes are true but the ISTJ steretypes are not?


    Make up your mind buddy, you can't have it both ways.
    I think you're missing the point. I believe he was trying to say "if you're going to pigeonhole ISTJs into stereotypes I'll show you that your type has negative stereotypes as well". While I don't necessarily agree with you at all times and I think you come across a bit "harsh". I appreciate your input on things, ENTrePenuer because I like to see how others thing etc. My advice to you (if you don't want other ISTJs to ignore you) would be to be a bit nicer in your criticism. ISTJs are all about constructive criticism when done respectfully and with reason, not trying to just put down a certain type because of how you feel about them. The key word here is constructive. There's no need for negative, mean-spirited criticism. I'm not sure if you're purposely coming across that way or if it is by accident.

    If you're not purposefully trying to come off as someone who is constantly belittling and putting down ISTJs I would urge you to reconsider your tone and word choices in the future.
    Wake, noosabar, niss and 4 others thanked this post.


     
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Is ignorance bliss?
    By propensity in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 10:48 PM
  2. [INFJ] ignorance/selfishness w/ material items
    By Decoy24601 in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-06-2010, 07:29 PM
  3. Happy ignorance or Miserable truth?
    By NotSoRighteousRob in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 06:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:45 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0