[ISTP] You know you're an ISTP when - Page 4

You know you're an ISTP when

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 4 of 275 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 2742
Thank Tree5495Thanks

This is a discussion on You know you're an ISTP when within the ISTP Forum - The Mechanics forums, part of the SP's Temperament Forum- The Creators category; Originally Posted by Roland787 Confuggled by the fact that people dont know when you're coming up behind them (i tend ...

  1. #31
    ISTP - The Mechanics

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland787 View Post
    Confuggled by the fact that people dont know when you're coming up behind them (i tend to walk a lot faster than everybody so always coming up behind ppl and they dont bother to get out of the way and ofen times they slow down or stop to look at something. im always aware of when somebodys near me, as im always turnin head to look around at things anyways i pretty much always know if somebody is behind me.)
    Oh my GOD, I KNOW. Uggggh it drives me crazy. It gets really bad in stores... people have no clue about their surroundings sometimes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland787 View Post
    having to do ten things at once because you put them all off until last minute
    Check.

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland787 View Post
    curse often
    I have a potty mouth... heh.

    Re: eye contact, This is something I have to consciously force myself to do. If I stop actively thinking about it I start staring off into space. I do find it helps (with professors, etc) to absorb info if I look at them while they talk, though. With other people/situations when making eye contact, sometimes I don't really hear what they are saying because I'm studying their face.... or if what they're talking about is boring I'm usually thinking about something else. Do this all the time to my husband when he starts talking about history or something. Hah.
    rousse, Luckygirlq, itselly and 2 others thanked this post.

  2. #32
    ISTP - The Mechanics

    Confuggled by the fact that people dont know when you're coming up behind them (i tend to walk a lot faster than everybody so always coming up behind ppl and they dont bother to get out of the way and ofen times they slow down or stop to look at something. im always aware of when somebodys near me, as im always turnin head to look around at things anyways i pretty much always know if somebody is behind me.)
    Oh my GOD, I KNOW. Uggggh it drives me crazy. It gets really bad in stores... people have no clue about their surroundings sometimes.
    Can I third this? I'm a big guy and whenever I'm shopping, little old ladies always turn their heads to side to read the labels on, hell, prunes or something, and they ALWAYS walk into me. Then they look at me like I'm some freak. Sensory awareness, please?

    You know you're an ISTP when...

    ... you walk into a shop and immediately wonder how much steel in the frame. If there are any visible supporting pillars you thump them to figure out how strong they are.

    ... you shake food cans to hear the noises they make and feed your Se.

  3. #33
    INTJ - The Scientists

    i'm pretty sure one of my altar - egos is an ISTP.
    Kisori Jaine Smith thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    ESTP - The Doers


    Quote Originally Posted by rousse View Post
    Actually, no one introduces themselves because there's no thread here for that.
    Who, fuck, cares?
    rousse, JamieBond, Ravenswood and 1 others thanked this post.

  6. #35
    ISTP - The Mechanics

    Quote Originally Posted by rousse View Post
    Actually, no one introduces themselves because there's no thread here for that.
    We could start one.

    It could be titled "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall".

    Each newcomer would take one down, pass it around, and there'd be one less bottle of beer on the wall.

    Efficient and fun
    rousse, Oraeryu, bazinga and 5 others thanked this post.

  7. #36
    ISTP - The Mechanics

    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    We could start one.

    It could be titled "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall".

    Each newcomer would take one down, pass it around, and there'd be one less bottle of beer on the wall.

    Efficient and fun
    Well it would be nice to encourage newcomers... but I think the real entertainment value lies in seeing which of us will overcome our apathy first.
    friction, nyarb60, Fyrelyte and 2 others thanked this post.

  8. #37
    ISTP - The Mechanics

    Quote Originally Posted by Roland787 View Post
    having to do ten things at once because you put them all off until last minute
    and this one "You know you're an ISTP when you say "I don't care" more times before 7AM than most people do all day."

    Quote Originally Posted by Capsicum View Post
    ISTPs believe everyone sucks. Even other ISTPs. It goes with the turf and you learn not to take it personally.
    all true, a thousand times true! Plus the devastating one-liners, those can be atomic bombs without us even realizing it. I've been accused of using a verbal switchblade.

    --And you know you're ISTP if you built some workbenches and shelving in your garage out of odds and ends you had lying around, but then never organized/put anything away. And if you store half of your tools in the kitchen where the pots and pans are supposed to be.
    PhotoGeek, Eminipes, Blondzebra and 2 others thanked this post.

  9. #38
    ISTP - The Mechanics

    Quote Originally Posted by MissFixit View Post
    And you know you're ISTP if you built some workbenches and shelving in your garage out of odds and ends you had lying around, but then never organized/put anything away. And if you store half of your tools in the kitchen where the pots and pans are supposed to be.
    Guilty as charged :-)
    D1sc0rd and Blondzebra thanked this post.

  10. #39
    ISTP - The Mechanics

    Most everything on here is true except for the whole eye contact thing. For me it varies, when I'm telling a story I usually gaze off and don't necessarily make eye contact but I do try and look at the person. When I'm listening to the person talk I either look them in the eyes or look at a distinguishing feature on their face. Women say that I have 'those eyes' whatever that means, maybe its just the baby blues that 'pierce your soul'.

    kudos to the whole "devastating one liners"
    Law Wren thanked this post.

  11. #40
    ISTP - The Mechanics


    Quote Originally Posted by Capsicum View Post
    Cheers, it's tricky to find a good oil rig photo.
    Especially if you work for BP in the Gulf of Mexico!

    rousse, PhotoGeek, Jens and 2 others thanked this post.


     
Page 4 of 275 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. ISTP + ISTP Relationships
    By DJArendee in forum ISTP Forum - The Mechanics
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 08-15-2015, 02:03 AM
  2. what istp's want as opposed to what an istp NEEDS!
    By teabiscits in forum ISTP Forum - The Mechanics
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 06-29-2015, 03:33 PM
  3. New ISTP
    By Edgi3 in forum ISTP Forum - The Mechanics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-23-2010, 08:41 AM
  4. Greetings from an ISTP!
    By ziggy in forum Intro
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-02-2010, 11:27 PM
  5. A new ISTP
    By ThunderBear in forum Intro
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-15-2010, 07:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:02 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0