Mafia Questions - Page 2

Mafia Questions

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

This is a discussion on Mafia Questions within the Mafia forums, part of the The Cafe Lounge category; Originally Posted by Ashes4719 Hahaha you got me there for a second! I haven't watched the video that braided pain ...

  1. #11

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashes4719 View Post
    Hahaha you got me there for a second! I haven't watched the video that braided pain provided but like... how does anyone find out what side you are since you like don't see their face? Doesn't everyone have a perfect poker face over the internet?
    ...It is sooo tempting to just give troll answers. =(

    In all seriousness, it really comes down to assessing whether you feel the other players are being genuine or not (as town has little/no reason to lie, whereas mafia has to constantly lie). There are lots of ways to go about doing this. For example, if somebody spends all of their time pushing somebody and that person happens to be mafia, whoever was pushing them is PROBABLY town. If the mafia was defending somebody, they have an increased likeliness to be a teammate.

    Disclaimer: this is a very, very basic analysis of how the game works, and as you play a large number of games, you'll see it's not as simple as I've illustrated here. You also will find a method that works for you. Some people put a lot of stock into who voted for who ("vote count analysis"). Others don't care at all/don't understand how it's useful.

    At the end of the day, this is just "guess who?" for adults where a quarter of the game is lying about what their character looks like. Most players have games where they're right a lot, and they usually follow them up with games where they're wrong about absolutely everything and are a complete detriment.

  2. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashes4719 View Post
    Thank you all for the information! This sounds like a blast and I added my name to the list of people that want to play in the next game. I had no idea this was such a large game and that so many sites actually did this so I am excited.
    We are excited to have you. Its a great community :)

  3. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    ...It is sooo tempting to just give troll answers. =(

    In all seriousness, it really comes down to assessing whether you feel the other players are being genuine or not (as town has little/no reason to lie, whereas mafia has to constantly lie). There are lots of ways to go about doing this. For example, if somebody spends all of their time pushing somebody and that person happens to be mafia, whoever was pushing them is PROBABLY town. If the mafia was defending somebody, they have an increased likeliness to be a teammate.

    Disclaimer: this is a very, very basic analysis of how the game works, and as you play a large number of games, you'll see it's not as simple as I've illustrated here. You also will find a method that works for you. Some people put a lot of stock into who voted for who ("vote count analysis"). Others don't care at all/don't understand how it's useful.

    At the end of the day, this is just "guess who?" for adults where a quarter of the game is lying about what their character looks like. Most players have games where they're right a lot, and they usually follow them up with games where they're wrong about absolutely everything and are a complete detriment.
    Hahaha well, I appreciate you giving me serious answers! Yes, it does remind me of a game I played, like a board game, I played when I was younger but I can't remember what it was called. I think it had aliens or something I don't know.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
  6. #15

    It's hard to really understand mafia until you play it tbh, I remember watching videos before I joined but I only really understood when I was playing and asked my friend questions as I went along :)

  7. #16

    I'm hosting the next game, so I'm excited for you to be playing Be sure to direct any questions you may have to the mods in your QT and they will do their best to answer.

  8. #17

    And Gnomey and I have a newbie game scheduled for beginners. Open set up with standard roles.

  9. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by Siggy View Post
    And Gnomey and I have a newbie game scheduled for beginners. Open set up with standard roles.
    It will have fun flavor and we are excited for new players to join us.

  10. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Just remember - if anybody asks you what your alignment is, you HAVE to tell them the truth!
    Ok then if I say I'm innocent you HAVE to believe me

  11. #20

    Quote Originally Posted by JennyJukes View Post
    Ok then if I say I'm innocent you HAVE to believe me
    So are you saying you're going to play?

    See you in that game, old friend.


     
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Mafia: Monopoly Mafia Game Thread. Mafia Win
    By Moonious in forum Past Games
    Replies: 1946
    Last Post: 10-10-2017, 07:42 AM
  2. Mafia Newbie XXXV: Variety Mafia:K-Celeb (Mafia Win)
    By lost monkey in forum Past Games
    Replies: 6156
    Last Post: 07-22-2015, 12:35 PM
  3. Mafia LXI: PerC House Mafia II (New Mafia Vets & cue5c Win)
    By Owner Of A Lonely Heart in forum Past Games
    Replies: 9551
    Last Post: 02-27-2015, 11:35 AM
  4. [ISFP] Questions, Questions, and More Questions!
    By emerald sea in forum ISFP Forum - The Artists
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-20-2013, 03:51 PM
  5. Mafia XXVII: PerC House Mafia (Mafia win)
    By Kito in forum Past Games
    Replies: 3719
    Last Post: 12-25-2012, 06:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:05 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0