This is a discussion on Game review thread-mandatory for all games within the Mafia forums, part of the The Cafe Lounge category; @ Dyslexicon was good to go. @ Owner Of A Lonely Heart let us know when you have the setup ...
Open custom. Everyone knows exactly all roles and mechanics. No secrets. I will post a vote count minimum (5+), and have 48/24 every cycle. Players can choose a character from Scrubs (i assign thru RNG the remaining more popular characters who didnt pick one), which is unrelated to the rand after.
-- 11* town --
1 doctor (avoids mafia their NK if they target the same player)
1 nurse** (heals poisoned player if target the same player as the SK during the night)
9* vanilla (vote power as everyone)
-- 3 mafia --
1 roleblocker (roleblocks doctor or nurse her protection, or poisoner their poison, or targets vanilla role meaningless)
2 goon (vanilla, but can put in the mafia NK, whoever puts in target last counts, roleblocker same as goon in this)
-- 1 third party (alternative to the SK) --
1 poisoner with 1*vest (poisons during the night, while target dies the next day eod a twilight unless protected by nurse or if is roleblocked by mafia; mafia needs two shots to take down SK, and the vest cant be roleblocked)
Some extra mechanics:
Game will start at Day 1, meaning first chance of a player dying to poison happens during Day 2 its twilight. If the lynchee is the one being poisoned, there will be no (other) lynch, as the lynchee dies right before getting lynched otherwise.
In events of a tie there will be no lynch. However, a poisoned player that dies on twilight their vote only count as half, in the final vote count.
*I have changed the number of town and VT after sharing with SC to this (higher) number. Is it now well enough balanced or all parties?
**I know there is a nurse role in Mafia with a different power than this. Is it a problem to call my role also nurse? All roles will be shared and well explained in the OP.
In events of a tie no lynch... i will re evaluate this cuz of the most recent completed game, how this can affect the game.
Also need to type out the win coms stills.
And to role claim or not to claim as well.
We had a couple of follow up questions about your setup, but the balance looks okay to Chris and me.
1. What is mafia's win condition?
2. What is the SK/Poisoner's win condition?
3. Are there any limitations on the doctor/nurse roles? Can they self target? Can they protect the same person more than one night in a row?
4. Is poisoning announced publicly to the thread at the start of the day? If not, is the person who is poisoned informed privately? Are they allowed to claim it if they are informed privately?
5. Is the SK/Poisoner informed if their vest is used up?
6. Can you please clarify the poison death. Do they actually die right at twilight and is it announced at that time with the lynch announced later, or are both announced at the same time at EoD assuming it's different people? If they are announced separately, is posting allowed during twilight or not?
7. As long as the the mechanics for the nurse role is specified in the opening post and it's clear that it's not a traditional nurse role, that's fine.
@Chris @Fable Wolf if you have any other follow up questions, feel free to chime in.