Should WEEKS be longer? - Page 2

Should WEEKS be longer?

View Poll Results: Should the Week be longer(Extended 10 days)

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • No I like a 7 day work week

    5 29.41%
  • Yes that sounds wonderful

    7 41.18%
  • Other

    5 29.41%
Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24
Thank Tree22Thanks

This is a discussion on Should WEEKS be longer? within the Member Polls forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; Changing the length of the week like that is too arbitrary. The way it's set up now isn't. If these ...

  1. #11

    Changing the length of the week like that is too arbitrary. The way it's set up now isn't. If these changes were to occur, it would unnecessarily disrupt our track of time, and would lengthen the time people spend in school, make many lose their age-associated privileges (which, by the way, when doing that how do you answer questions surrounding age anymore?),and it might cause people to get paid less if I'm thinking correctly. If everyone still works 40hr work weeks, businesses would have to hire more people in order to cover the extra three days. And small business owners who with the 7-day work week as it is work themselves to the bone all day every day may not be catching a break - unless they can/choose to work every day but have shorter operating hours... Eh I'll stop here. Point is, it sounds great in terms of having more rest time, however in terms of practicality it sounds like the kind of idea that'd fall on its face.
    Consistently Inconsistent thanked this post.

  2. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by hailfire View Post
    Changing the length of the week like that is too arbitrary. The way it's set up now isn't. If these changes were to occur, it would unnecessarily disrupt our track of time, and would lengthen the time people spend in school, make many lose their age-associated privileges (which, by the way, when doing that how do you answer questions surrounding age anymore?),and it might cause people to get paid less if I'm thinking correctly. If everyone still works 40hr work weeks, businesses would have to hire more people in order to cover the extra three days. And small business owners who with the 7-day work week as it is work themselves to the bone all day every day may not be catching a break - unless they can/choose to work every day but have shorter operating hours... Eh I'll stop here. Point is, it sounds great in terms of having more rest time, however in terms of practicality it sounds like the kind of idea that'd fall on its face.
    No I going to have to stop you there and explain how this works. You would only work an additional 6 day and the rest would be the weekend. However along with that people dont always work EVERY single day. They Work a maximum of 40 hours a week and anything else is overtime. That is how it works. Meaning they can go 2 days on, one off, two days on, or they can go 3 on, 3 off and one on. The only thing that matters is that they cant exceed a limit of so many hours a week, there is also a cap on how many OVERTIME hours a person can work, since it becomes illegal after a certain point and warehouses like to cut very close to these limits if you ever worked for one. Also right now if we really made it where company's would need MORE workers that would be great for the economy since no one can find any WORK RIGHT NOW! Also there are some workers who work ONLY weekends and those who work ONLY weeks. So it would not really make that much of a difference since people always have different shifts. You dont really seem to understand how shifts work, and limit of hours work. Everything else you listed is a valid piont though, but that is not how schedules work. You assume everyone works for 7 days a week but they dont, unless maybe you are part time and working everyday. See what matters when you are working is actually HOURS, not days.

  3. #13

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterPerfect View Post
    No I going to have to stop you there and explain how this works. You would only work an additional 6 day and the rest would be the weekend. However along with that people dont always work EVERY single day. They Work a maximum of 40 hours a week and anything else is overtime. That is how it works. Meaning they can go 2 days on, one off, two days on, or they can go 3 on, 3 off and one on. The only thing that matters is that they cant exceed a limit of so many hours a week, there is also a cap on how many OVERTIME hours a person can work, since it becomes illegal after a certain point and warehouses like to cut very close to these limits if you ever worked for one. Also right now if we really made it where company's would need MORE workers that would be great for the economy since no one can find any WORK RIGHT NOW! Also there are some workers who work ONLY weekends and those who work ONLY weeks. So it would not really make that much of a difference since people always have different shifts. You dont really seem to understand how shifts work, and limit of hours work. Everything else you listed is a valid piont though, but that is not how schedules work. You assume everyone works for 7 days a week but they dont, unless maybe you are part time and working everyday. See what matters when you are working is actually HOURS, not days.
    I already stopped myself, thanks. But:

    Never said anything about *everyone* having to work all those days. You assumed that I assumed that, which I didn't. And, weekend schmeekend - considering weekends aren't what they used to be and many businesses do remain open throughout them, I don't see why adding three extra days to the week should change that. It's up to three more days to make money. Closest I got to that was in the case of small business owners who do work all the time to stay afloat who I said *may* not really catch a break since those are extra days to make the best of. I'm not talking about their employees. As far as the employees were concerned, I only said that more would have to be hired to pick up the slack the additional days will bring, and because there are more, there's the possibility that wages might get slashed in order to offset the number of people who have to get paid. I never talked about them working more than 40hrs.

    The part about businesses aside, it still doesn't seem like the greatest idea. Even if 4 off days sound enticing.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14

    Quote Originally Posted by MaybeNextTime View Post
    Uhm...God's? The Bible tells us that He created our world in 6 days and rested on the seventh, which was meant to be sanctified by the whole Universe, thus giving it a true "holiday" meaning. A rather silly, but completely logical question arises - why would an omnipotent being feel the need to rest at all? And why He created the world in six days and not in a Planck time? We may never know some answers :/

    Anyway, I'd like a longer week. That being said, I'd like a longer day, a longer hour, a longer year, etc. - don't we all? If we lived in Excel, this would be a great opportunity to use the Merge Cells option. I guess it depends on what type of job you have, but in most cases, 3 workdays followed by 1 day "off" sounds pretty good. Talk about reinventing shifts...

    Even though it would be great to have more time on our hands (especially to us, notorious procrastinators), this would extend our lifetime beyond the quite reasonable amount we statistically have. This would be great news for those who don't experience limitations of wealth, health, love and so on. Furthermore, having less time than one wants is a nice life catalyst. Unless you want less time. Which is pathetic, but sounds strangely familiar.
    I would need rest too if I created something that WHINES as much as Man...
    SolusChristus and MisterPerfect thanked this post.

  6. #15

    Quote Originally Posted by carpentet810 View Post
    i would need rest too if i created something that whines as much as man...
    zing, lol xd

  7. #16

    We could have, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Hellday, Shitday, Fuckday, Tardday, Pimpday, Skankday, Whoreday, and 420day..

  8. #17

    Quote Originally Posted by hailfire View Post
    I already stopped myself, thanks. But:

    Never said anything about *everyone* having to work all those days. You assumed that I assumed that, which I didn't. And, weekend schmeekend - considering weekends aren't what they used to be and many businesses do remain open throughout them, I don't see why adding three extra days to the week should change that. It's up to three more days to make money. Closest I got to that was in the case of small business owners who do work all the time to stay afloat who I said *may* not really catch a break since those are extra days to make the best of. I'm not talking about their employees. As far as the employees were concerned, I only said that more would have to be hired to pick up the slack the additional days will bring, and because there are more, there's the possibility that wages might get slashed in order to offset the number of people who have to get paid. I never talked about them working more than 40hrs.

    The part about businesses aside, it still doesn't seem like the greatest idea. Even if 4 off days sound enticing.
    So again NO, increasing the days would not increase the hours or days a person has to work so drastically. People already have varying schedules, the company might even vary well just add another shift. So the amount of days in a week is really irrelevant to all of that. What you said with the benefits and everything though is true, it might effect that but I dont have a lot of knowledge of those type of things.

  9. #18

    Quote Originally Posted by MisterPerfect View Post
    So again NO, increasing the days would not increase the hours or days a person has to work so drastically. People already have varying schedules, the company might even vary well just add another shift. So the amount of days in a week is really irrelevant to all of that. What you said with the benefits and everything though is true, it might effect that but I dont have a lot of knowledge of those type of things.
    Again._Never_said_everyone's_hours_would_increase. LOL

  10. #19

    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Exodia View Post
    By the laws of the universe, and gravitation and a bunch of other stuff I do not wish to embark in understanding, the year comes out to be 365.25 days (why we tack on a leap year). It was divided into ~52 for some god-forsaken reason and it would be a massive social headache to change it.
    365.25 and 52:
    • 36 = Three sixes or "the sum of the first 36 natural numbers (i.e. 1 + 2 + 3+ ... + 34 + 35 + 36 = 666), and thus it is a triangular number."*
    • 5.25 = Average size of a penis.
    • 52 = Heart.

    Translation = Devil sticks it to you; love.

    *Triangles have three sides therefore, Half-life 3 confirmed. Steam is the mark of the beast, and Gabe is satan.
    *https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/666_%28number%29
    Christian Exodia thanked this post.

  11. #20

    I always wanted 6 days so my workout schedules would be nicer. With 7 there is an extra day to do nothing and that's a stupid idea so you end up staggering your workouts and lose track of everything and now I don't work out.


     
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] Turning 30 in less than three weeks
    By sunyata7 in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-02-2015, 04:34 AM
  2. My PERSONALITY changes EVERY few WEEKS.
    By BlackLion in forum What's my personality type?
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-30-2014, 12:58 AM
  3. [ENFP] Different personality every 3 weeks?
    By Compassionate Misanthrope in forum ENFP Forum - The Inspirers
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-28-2012, 01:16 AM
  4. After a few weeks of lurking...
    By Mister P. Anthro in forum Intro
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-26-2011, 01:51 PM
  5. Two Weeks Notice
    By MissNobody in forum Guess the type
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-04-2011, 04:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:20 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0