Have you ever been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder?

Have you ever been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder?

View Poll Results: If you have, please answer by choosing your type below.

Voters
217. You may not vote on this poll
  • ESFJ

    0 0%
  • ESTJ

    0 0%
  • ENFJ

    3 1.38%
  • ENTJ

    2 0.92%
  • ESFP

    0 0%
  • ESTP

    4 1.84%
  • ENTP

    13 5.99%
  • ENFP

    18 8.29%
  • ISFJ

    1 0.46%
  • ISTJ

    5 2.30%
  • INFJ

    39 17.97%
  • INTJ

    16 7.37%
  • ISFP

    10 4.61%
  • ISTP

    7 3.23%
  • INTP

    41 18.89%
  • INFP

    58 26.73%
Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 197
Thank Tree116Thanks

This is a discussion on Have you ever been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder? within the Member Polls forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; If you have please answer by choosing your type in the response....

  1. #1

    Have you ever been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder?

    If you have please answer by choosing your type in the response.



  2. #2

    Nope. Never.

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramysa View Post
    Nope. Never.
    Me neither. I have a bit of OCD but it's not so severe that it qualifies for a diagnose, thank God.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4

    INTP and yes. I didn't really have one but they weren't listening. They gave me Zoloft. It wiped out every single drive, emotion, desire, and thought I had for several years.
    Promethea, Haven, LightningHeart78 and 1 others thanked this post.

  6. #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Mutatio NOmenis View Post
    INTP and yes. I didn't really have one but they weren't listening. They gave me Zoloft. It wiped out every single drive, emotion, desire, and thought I had for several years.
    I'm sorry to hear that. But not surprised really. It seems like a dubious industry with a "if we can cure it, it's a disease" attitude. And the curing part is also questionable since it often just means shutting someone down.
    Promethea, intrasearching, imelikmasin and 1 others thanked this post.

  7. #6

    Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I can't leave the house without taking my Clonazepam in the morning and I can't sleep without taking it at night. I had been taking Seroquel but it had to be stopped because it interacts with my pituitary adenoma.
    Promethea, Danse Macabre, Kytaari and 1 others thanked this post.

  8. #7

    I was diagnosed with both Generalized Depression and Generalized Anxiety. I was on Wellbutrin for the depression, which took the edge off; I dealt with the anxiety more through CBT and making certain life changes. I can still feel very anxious in some situations, but in general I can deal with it now.

  9. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by BiPedalP314 View Post
    Generalized Anxiety Disorder. I can't leave the house without taking my Clonazepam in the morning and I can't sleep without taking it at night. I had been taking Seroquel but it had to be stopped because it interacts with my pituitary adenoma.
    Never heard of pituitary adenoma before. Could it be related to GAD given that the pituitary regulates hormones?

  10. #9

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennywocky View Post
    I was diagnosed with both Generalized Depression and Generalized Anxiety. I was on Wellbutrin for the depression, which took the edge off; I dealt with the anxiety more through CBT and making certain life changes. I can still feel very anxious in some situations, but in general I can deal with it now.
    CBT makes a lot of sense to me. I use some of what I read about it to keep my OCD-like behavior in check and just daily stuff, like calling someone you really don't want to talk, things like that. @Ace Face had a good post about depression by the way: https://personalitycafe.com/advice-ce...n-anxiety.html
    ImminentThunder and Ace Face thanked this post.

  11. #10

    I have generalized anxiety disorder, have suffered a few panic attacks, and used to have on-off OCD (that seems to have gone, but I had it for twelve years). I am an ISTJ.
    Promethea, bluefizzure and Staffan thanked this post.


     
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Could It be possible I have social anxiety disorder?
    By Tega1 in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-24-2012, 04:26 AM
  2. [INFP] Should I take medication for anxiety disorder??
    By insidetheinfp in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 05:37 AM
  3. A Question for Anybody Diagnosed With Anxiety
    By Audrey in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-17-2012, 07:12 PM
  4. [INFP] Just diagnosed with anxiety disorder
    By insidetheinfp in forum INFP Forum - The Idealists
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 02:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:47 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0