Bojack Horseman - MBTI Types

Bojack Horseman - MBTI Types

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Thank Tree7Thanks

This is a discussion on Bojack Horseman - MBTI Types within the Myers Briggs Forum forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; Netflix show: Bojack Horseman (love it), let's type! I'm mainly going by instinct here. If I leave out characters you ...

  1. #1

    Bojack Horseman - MBTI Types

    Netflix show: Bojack Horseman (love it), let's type! I'm mainly going by instinct here. If I leave out characters you want to type, feel free to add them! Feel free to include possible enneagram types too.

    1. Bojack Horseman - ENTP (a depressed one)
    2. Diane - INTP
    3. Todd - ISFP
    4. Princess Carolyn - ESXJ
    5. Mr. Peanutbutter (naww) - ENFP
    6. Charlotte - INFP
    7. Sarah Lynn - ESFP
    8. Wanda - IXFJ (?)




    Last edited by Frankly My Dear; 06-24-2017 at 08:26 AM.



  2. #2
    ENTJ

    I believe Todd is an ISFP.
    Sarah Lynn is probably an ESFP.

    Also, I think Princess Carolyn is an ENTJ and Mr. Peanutbutter is an ESFP.

  3. #3

    Yeah this is pretty good. You got them all right imo.

    1. Bojack Horseman - ENTP (a depressed one)
    2. Diane - INTP
    3. Todd - ISFP
    4. Princess Carolyn - ESTJ
    5. Mr. Peanutbutter (naww) - ENFP
    6. Charlotte - INFP
    7. Sarah Lynn - ESFP
    8. Wanda - INFJ
    Blueberryskies and ninjahitsawall thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4

    Quote Originally Posted by knifey View Post
    Yeah this is pretty good. You got them all right imo.

    1. Bojack Horseman - ENTP (a depressed one)
    2. Diane - INTP
    3. Todd - ISFP
    4. Princess Carolyn - ESTJ
    5. Mr. Peanutbutter (naww) - ENFP
    6. Charlotte - INFP
    7. Sarah Lynn - ESFP
    8. Wanda - INFJ
    YAY! :D Thanks for filling in the rest

  6. #5

    as my thoughts were swirling and forming some coherence this morning waking up, out of the blue I just sat up and said BOJACK IS INTP.... I then had a think more about that to find out why.

    Bojack would never admit he needs people around. Todd moves into his house and he just... leaves him there. On the couch (giving him a room admits that he needs somebody). He actually wants Todd around but does Bojack always interact with him? No he talks for a bit and leaves. Knowing he's in the next room is comforting, and reassures him that he's not alone. This is exactly what an INTP does "I'm going to spend the day with you so stay home and love me... I'll be in the next room if you need me."

    Bojack gets all of his emotional well-being from Fe. He throws parties where everybody is having FUN, and then goes and stands on the balcony and eats fairy floss until he barfs. Then gets pissed off with all the people and sends them home because he wants some alone time. When INTP go into their shadow mode because of depression they have bursts of "I'M AN ESFJ" part palnner.

    When he engages with dianne on a meaningful level it's always nihilistic "Maybe we're all just insignificant in this big universe"

    HE HAS NO J WHAT-SO-EVER. Everything is now. What can I do right this second. He never thinks anything through, he has an idea and starts driving. He can't organise himself in the slightest, he hires people to do everything. He couldn't even write his own BIO. He see's himself as having an infinite amount of money basically because he doesn't really get the correlation to "stuff" and moving arbitrary numbers around.

    "I want to do whatever I want so I'm going to buy this restaurant, and then people won't kick me out when I do"... and then he never gets around to hiring any staff or doing anything about it. He see's the restaurant as happy stimulation that is not chaotic, a nice place to be, Fe.

    He surrounds himself with P's and attracts P's to him. Mr Peanutbutter, ENTP with a healthy T (nothing rattles him, never feels bad)

    the peanutbutter and bojack interactions are a good way to contrast their introvert/extrovert personalities. Yes young bojack seems like a "happy" extrovert, but remember he has never been truly happy and his childhood eats him up. He went into show business really driven by "I need to be somebody to prove everybody wrong". Standup itself attracts as many introverts as extroverts if you think about it. They just memorize lines and say them, there is no interaction with others (apart from short, manageable bursts to get on and off stage).

    INTP's can still want to be recognised for their greatness, want to be king even! But to be a king and worshipped to an INTP is not about control. It's all about being able to do whatever they want, whenever they want (P), having nice surroundings where everybody likes them (Fe), creating a nice memory and pool of experiences to draw from (NT), and they are completely detached from their subjects, "I am up here, you are down there, and you come to me completely on my terms" introvert.

    edit: Also his one-night-stands... He goes to a club, drinks alone, expects to be recognised. Then short chat and takes them home. He never really does anything "out", he takes them back to his place where an introvert feels safe. When he falls in love he doesn't want them to go... kind of a "stay here in my safe alone space with me"

    Also when he goes to the underwater city... the whole thing is INTP. He doesn't want to be there, he resents saving the child the whole time he's doing it. Feels completely out of his depth the whole time (ahaha punny).

    You have to remember INTP "the great thinkers" don't think about anything other than their interests. If you gave them a suit with a communicator built in and didn't mention it, they wouldn't know it was there. They would expect to have been given such information, if they aren't given it, then they will assume it doesn't exist.

    Just like if you say "here INTP do the dishes" and they haven't done them before. They would work out the water and if there is detergent on the sink they would use that (past experience says, this is how I wash myself so it must be the same). But they would never take out the dish drainer out of the cupboard under the sink and put it on the draining part of the sink. They would just stack the dishes on the sink part and never think a dish drainer/rack could exist. It was never a given parameter of the job.
    Last edited by knifey; 06-27-2017 at 05:45 PM.
    ninjahitsawall thanked this post.

  7. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by knifey View Post
    as my thoughts were swirling and forming some coherence this morning waking up, out of the blue I just sat up and said BOJACK IS INTP.... I then had a think more about that to find out why.

    Bojack would never admit he needs people around. Todd moves into his house and he just... leaves him there. On the couch (giving him a room admits that he needs somebody). He actually wants Todd around but does Bojack always interact with him? No he talks for a bit and leaves. Knowing he's in the next room is comforting, and reassures him that he's not alone. This is exactly what an INTP does "I'm going to spend the day with you so stay home and love me... I'll be in the next room if you need me."

    Bojack gets all of his emotional well-being from Fe. He throws parties where everybody is having FUN, and then goes and stands on the balcony and eats fairy floss until he barfs. Then gets pissed off with all the people and sends them home because he wants some alone time. When INTP go into their shadow mode because of depression they have bursts of "I'M AN ESFJ" part palnner.

    When he engages with dianne on a meaningful level it's always nihilistic "Maybe we're all just insignificant in this big universe"

    HE HAS NO J WHAT-SO-EVER. Everything is now. What can I do right this second. He never thinks anything through, he has an idea and starts driving. He can't organise himself in the slightest, he hires people to do everything. He couldn't even write his own BIO. He see's himself as having an infinite amount of money basically because he doesn't really get the correlation to "stuff" and moving arbitrary numbers around.

    "I want to do whatever I want so I'm going to buy this restaurant, and then people won't kick me out when I do"... and then he never gets around to hiring any staff or doing anything about it. He see's the restaurant as happy stimulation that is not chaotic, a nice place to be, Fe.

    He surrounds himself with P's and attracts P's to him. Mr Peanutbutter, ENTP with a healthy T (nothing rattles him, never feels bad)

    the peanutbutter and bojack interactions are a good way to contrast their introvert/extrovert personalities. Yes young bojack seems like a "happy" extrovert, but remember he has never been truly happy and his childhood eats him up. He went into show business really driven by "I need to be somebody to prove everybody wrong". Standup itself attracts as many introverts as extroverts if you think about it. They just memorize lines and say them, there is no interaction with others (apart from short, manageable bursts to get on and off stage).

    INTP's can still want to be recognised for their greatness, want to be king even! But to be a king and worshipped to an INTP is not about control. It's all about being able to do whatever they want, whenever they want (P), having nice surroundings where everybody likes them (Fe), creating a nice memory and pool of experiences to draw from (NT), and they are completely detached from their subjects, "I am up here, you are down there, and you come to me completely on my terms" introvert.

    edit: Also his one-night-stands... He goes to a club, drinks alone, expects to be recognised. Then short chat and takes them home. He never really does anything "out", he takes them back to his place where an introvert feels safe. When he falls in love he doesn't want them to go... kind of a "stay here in my safe alone space with me"

    Also when he goes to the underwater city... the whole thing is INTP. He doesn't want to be there, he resents saving the child the whole time he's doing it. Feels completely out of his depth the whole time (ahaha punny).

    You have to remember INTP "the great thinkers" don't think about anything other than their interests. If you gave them a suit with a communicator built in and didn't mention it, they wouldn't know it was there. They would expect to have been given such information, if they aren't given it, then they will assume it doesn't exist.

    Just like if you say "here INTP do the dishes" and they haven't done them before. They would work out the water and if there is detergent on the sink they would use that (past experience says, this is how I wash myself so it must be the same). But they would never take out the dish drainer out of the cupboard under the sink and put it on the draining part of the sink. They would just stack the dishes on the sink part and never think a dish drainer/rack could exist. It was never a given parameter of the job.
    I'm sorry but Bojack is so much like the ENTPs I know, (funny that they also have excessive drinking problems and a mix of narcissism/extreme insecurity/depressing thoughts hahah) and I can see him being more of an ENTP in his essence, when he is not so depressed and over it all and lazy. He embodies the ENTP persona, perhaps just not on the EXTREME extroverted spectrum. Dianne embodies the INTX, I'm leaving it but that's awesome that you took the time to think so much about it, thanks for sharing. Also, Mr Peanutbutter is not a "T" type. It's silly to think nothing bothering someone means they're a T. He is so much an EXFP it's not even funny. And just think for a second, who would create a dog character as a T (since all the animals live up to their stereotypical animal personas). :)

  8. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Candle View Post
    I'm sorry but Bojack is so much like the ENTPs I know, (funny that they also have excessive drinking problems and a mix of narcissism/extreme insecurity/depressing thoughts hahah) and I can see him being more of an ENTP in his essence, when he is not so depressed and over it all and lazy. He embodies the ENTP persona, perhaps just not on the EXTREME extroverted spectrum. Dianne embodies the INTX, I'm leaving it but that's awesome that you took the time to think so much about it, thanks for sharing. Also, Mr Peanutbutter is not a "T" type. It's silly to think nothing bothering someone means they're a T. He is so much an EXFP it's not even funny. And just think for a second, who would create a dog character as a T (since all the animals live up to their stereotypical animal personas). :)
    lol yeah Mr Peanutbutter acts like ENFP's I know. It's not so much that the N is obvious, more of the lack of S? By always happy I was kind of thinking... His happiness is never interupted by that F introspection? If he's surrounded by happiness then he's happy, which is how dogs are. I think of dogs as having Fe and no Fi at all.
    Blueberryskies thanked this post.

  9. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by knifey View Post
    lol yeah Mr Peanutbutter acts like ENFP's I know. It's not so much that the N is obvious, more of the lack of S? By always happy I was kind of thinking... His happiness is never interupted by that F introspection? If he's surrounded by happiness then he's happy, which is how dogs are. I think of dogs as having Fe and no Fi at all.
    Hahaha yeah...actually he is like that. He's so funny/blind/naive/cute hahaha

  10. #9

    I'm related to INFJ, ENTJ, ISFJ, ISFP(inlaw), ENTP, and my close friends are INFP, INTP, ENFP. So many bojack characters closely resemble those around me... so easy to identify. And so easy to love <3 Also if Bojack is INTP, I'm actually the only one of the 3-4 of us (INTP's my friends and me) he's like. I'm the oldest, and had the most similar life to bojack (so I certainly don't expect it to be easy for others to understand how he could be, if he is).
    Blueberryskies thanked this post.

  11. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by knifey View Post
    I'm related to INFJ, ENTJ, ISFJ, ISFP(inlaw), ENTP, and my close friends are INFP, INTP, ENFP. So many bojack characters closely resemble those around me... so easy to identify. And so easy to love <3 Also if Bojack is INTP, I'm actually the only one of the 3-4 of us (INTP's my friends and me) he's like. I'm the oldest, and had the most similar life to bojack (so I certainly don't expect it to be easy for others to understand how he could be, if he is).
    Maybe he is a bit of a crossover, a XNTP
    - he always tries to find different people/situations to fill his sense of true inner loneliness

    Also I agree, I love them all lol

    And what about "Sextina Aquafina" so making fun of the popculture 'stars' of today haha (cough, Nicki Minaj type)


     
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MBTI ISxx types, what is your MBTI and socionics types
    By The Exception in forum Socionics Forum
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-14-2019, 07:28 AM
  2. MBTI Types of Bojack Horseman
    By lackofmops in forum Guess the type
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11-07-2018, 02:56 AM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-05-2016, 07:11 AM
  4. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-06-2016, 06:07 PM
  5. Bojack Horseman
    By Fleetfoot in forum Guess the type
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-18-2015, 12:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:02 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0