You Know You're An iNtuitive When... - Page 4

You Know You're An iNtuitive When...

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 4 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 2576
Thank Tree10840Thanks

This is a discussion on You Know You're An iNtuitive When... within the Myers Briggs Forum forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; Originally Posted by heartturnedtoporcelain losers In a similar vein, when you're completely enraptured by a class of postmodern philosophy or ...

  1. #31

    Quote Originally Posted by heartturnedtoporcelain View Post
    losers

    In a similar vein, when you're completely enraptured by a class of postmodern philosophy or historiography or something super interesting and you really don't understand why so many people are bored stiff by the class.
    Going further...

    *When you took AP English and AP U.S. History in high school and hated the history class because you had to memorize facts but loved the English class because the teacher was crazy awesome and there was tons of discussion.
    *When you were the one of the only ones in your college English class that actually read the stories and discussed them in class. (Seriously, only one other person discussed the stories. Everyone else was mostly dead silent. It was a small class, but still.)
    *When you took a course called Music Listening not knowing what to expect and then ended up liking the class because it discussed the cultural impact of rock 'n roll. (There was a crapload of stuff to memorize, though. That wasn't fun. But I made it. ^_^)

    That said, I'd rather talk about things than write papers about them. I guess that's Ne right there.
    faeriegal713, Linnifae, Catfish and 20 others thanked this post.

  2. #32
    INTJ - The Scientists

    you walk outside your house without your train pass and keys because your absent minded, you have to walk to college which is on the other side of the city and you spend the whole time creating a little movie in your head about the world being on the brink of war because the russians don't get frozen yoghurt at a G20 summit you don't realize that your exhausted until you get to class and just put your head on the desk drawing triangles and 3d shapes.

  3. #33

    When you leave a party and realize you interjected something into the conversation that no one else would have known how it was related.

    When you have an automatic reminder at work to prompt you to have breakfast. When your roommates start reminding you to eat because you keep getting distracted.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #34
    Unknown Personality

    When you say wierd things just so see how people will react
    When you have arguments with yourself and never really consider the possibility that you might be insane.
    When you crack yourself up because you were thinking of something complely irrelevant and people around you give you odd expressions
    When you forget there are other people in the movie theater and laugh boisterously as if you were in your living room

  6. #35
    Unknown Personality

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelic Gardevoir View Post
    Going further...

    *When you took AP English and AP U.S. History in high school and hated the history class because you had to memorize facts but loved the English class because the teacher was crazy awesome and there was tons of discussion.
    *When you were the one of the only ones in your college English class that actually read the stories and discussed them in class. (Seriously, only one other person discussed the stories. Everyone else was mostly dead silent. It was a small class, but still.)
    *When you took a course called Music Listening not knowing what to expect and then ended up liking the class because it discussed the cultural impact of rock 'n roll. (There was a crapload of stuff to memorize, though. That wasn't fun. But I made it. ^_^)

    That said, I'd rather talk about things than write papers about them. I guess that's Ne right there.
    I realy wish the educational system was more based on discussion. Most people that are going to college right now dont have the communicational skills of a highschooler.
    And yes I hate memorizing dates and esoteric names. I think I would rather bash my head against the desk.

  7. #36
    Unknown Personality

    Quote Originally Posted by Angelic Gardevoir View Post
    *When you took a course called Music Listening not knowing what to expect and then ended up liking the class because it discussed the cultural impact of rock 'n roll. (There was a crapload of stuff to memorize, though. That wasn't fun. But I made it. ^_^)

    That said, I'd rather talk about things than write papers about them. I guess that's Ne right there.
    I don't know if it's function related, because I'm a sensor but I'd enjoy that too and find it a pleasant surprise to be able to discuss things like that as well. Maybe more my love of music more than anything. Damn where were these classes when I was in high school?

    A friend of mine took something like that in university though and they basically covered all the styles (though I had a lot more to add for certain genres) and it seemed like fun but I'd never make it into university, maybe just for music but I don't know. I doubt they'd honestly let me in the door with my grades I hate the idea of memorization of anything I'm not interested in because that kind of uninteresting info just doesn't really go in let alone get retained.

    I can relate to that one too, writing about things is boring when you can just say what you feel or mean. happy:
    MilkyWay132, Partyman and Yoda thanked this post.

  8. #37
    INTJ - The Scientists

    Quote Originally Posted by Napoleptic View Post
    When you're attracted to people because you could spend a lifetime learning what's in their head. When you find men who are so lost in the caves of their mind that you have to take them by the hand and lead them gently into the light and say, "Okay, honey, the real world needs you just for a moment, and then you can go back to living in your head," adorable. When you want to crawl into these men's minds and stand at the edge and marvel in wonder at the world within, even if only for a moment. When you fall in love with an intellectual and want to cuddle his brain/mind.
    Awwe..... I want one!

    You know you're an intuitive when you can have a lengthy discussion using euphemism.

  9. #38
    ISFJ - The Nurturers

    When you have the urge to use a metaphor or simile to explain everything.

    When you think you'll only be writing a one-sentence post and a couple paragraphs later you have to force yourself to stop rambling.

    When your mind makes a connection, and you laugh and try to explain it to someone else, and shortly find that no, you don't really know why this is relevant to whatever the topic of conversation was.
    InTuned78, faeriegal713, Linnifae and 82 others thanked this post.

  10. #39
    Unknown Personality

    Crap I do those too lol. I have days or maybe it's just subjects I can't communicate without using metaphor. Apparently this sensor does have N moments.

    You know you're an intuitive when getting into an argument with someone like me is futile because you just know I'd never be able to wrap my mind around the more abstract complex ideas you could bring into one

  11. #40
    INFP - The Idealists

    Quote Originally Posted by Jingo View Post
    When you have the urge to use a metaphor or simile to explain everything.

    When you think you'll only be writing a one-sentence post and a couple paragraphs later you have to force yourself to stop rambling.

    When your mind makes a connection, and you laugh and try to explain it to someone else, and shortly find that no, you don't really know why this is relevant to whatever the topic of conversation was.
    Haha, that is so me. All three.
    Jingo and Rayos thanked this post.


     
Page 4 of 258 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. iNtuitive and Sensing
    By Dr. Metallic in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 03-28-2016, 01:59 PM
  2. Non Intuitive- Intuitive
    By Alice in Wonderland in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-28-2016, 12:32 PM
  3. Intuitive Play
    By Deagalman in forum INTJ Forum - The Scientists
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 02:03 PM
  4. Intuitive or Not?
    By cafstoda in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 09:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:09 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0