type interaction videos - Page 51

type interaction videos

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 51 of 224 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 2234
Thank Tree3746Thanks

This is a discussion on type interaction videos within the Myers Briggs Forum forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; ...

  1. #501
    ISTP - The Mechanics

    Finally got around to watching some of these "newer" videos! @hornet and @pneumoceptor -- that was a GREAT interaction video – I learned a lot in it.

    hornet, I laughed to hear your Se-response when pneumoceptor asked what you see/think when a guy in a fancy suit walks by (paraphrasing): “…I see a guy in a suit…” (implied: what else would I see?) Thank you also for your description of Fi, because it is slowly becoming clearer to me just how it works.

    Pneumoceptor, I totally believe you when you say you notice every little detail about people in body language! I observed an INFJ who once called out every single people who was “guilty” in a group (the individuals selected to be members of the Mafia in the game of Mafia). He didn’t have the easiest time convincing all the other “innocent” people in the group of his conclusions, but it was really cool to see that he could see all that he did in people even if he couldn't easily articulate concrete/obvious evidence for it. (Work that Ni-Fe!)
    Inveniet and pneumoceptor thanked this post.

  2. #502
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by thunder View Post
    hornet, I laughed to hear your Se-response when pneumoceptor asked what you see/think when a guy in a fancy suit walks by (paraphrasing): “…I see a guy in a suit…” (implied: what else would I see?) Thank you also for your description of Fi, because it is slowly becoming clearer to me just how it works.
    Yeah it doesn't imediately occour to me any other way than what is plainly in front of me.
    I might go into a what does that mean mode if I have the inclination just like @pneumoceptor
    but it is certainly not a default mode.

    As for Fi vs Ti I've noticed how there is a hard time for the two perspectives to get each other.
    We embody each others deamon! ;)

    Recently I was in a thread with an INTP and we couldn't get to agree on what was Fi and Ti,
    it turned out that he had his own Jungian system that was so different that unless I knew what logical
    steps he had come up with underneath it was impossible from an orthodox MBTI perspective to know what the deal was.
    He of course never mentioned where he was comming from and just argued the case for Fi when I said Ti and Ti when I said Fi.
    If it didn't say INTP over his name and I know that they like to play by their own rules without informing others I would
    have told him he was an idiot. Luckily I instead got him to explain what his system was about.
    Now I can just say "Ah he is doing his shadow-bleedtrough thing", no worry.

    It however illustrated the differences in perspective quite well. :)
    I go well over with ISTPs however since we kinda just get eachother on the Se-Ni level.

  3. #503
    ISTP - The Mechanics

    @Chela and @pneumoceptor – I got a grinning kick out of part 1 with all the physics talk (I’m studying physics currently). Chela, you are really personable and fun and you helped made the interaction video very enjoyable. I will echo pneumoceptor that I can see you doing awesome things in life!
    Chela and pneumoceptor thanked this post.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #504
    ISTP - The Mechanics

    Quote Originally Posted by hornet View Post
    As for Fi vs Ti I've noticed how there is a hard time for the two perspectives to get each other.
    We embody each others deamon! ;)

    Recently I was in a thread with an INTP and we couldn't get to agree on what was Fi and Ti,
    ...Luckily I instead got him to explain what his system was about. ...

    It however illustrated the differences in perspective quite well. :)
    I fully echo the above underlined/italicized. Clear communication is so important, disregarding MBTI type.

    Whenever I can't seem to communicate with someone, I find I just have to stop trying to explain/clarify what I am thinking and simply ask more questions to understand what they are saying. The problem comes when I either don't recognize that we aren't communicating or I am not able to get them to clarify to a point where I understand.

    I was conversing with someone once (whose MBTI type I don't know) and the after 15 minutes I had to stop to ask, listen, and think before I realized we were saying the same thing. We then proceeded from that point and a second miscommunication occurred, leaving me baffled because I couldn't figure out what he was saying. At that point, someone sitting nearby suggested, "I think you guys are trying to say the same thing..." //facepalm//
    Inveniet thanked this post.

  6. #505

    Quote Originally Posted by hornet View Post
    Yeah it doesn't imediately occour to me any other way than what is plainly in front of me.
    I might go into a what does that mean mode if I have the inclination just like @pneumoceptor
    but it is certainly not a default mode.

    As for Fi vs Ti I've noticed how there is a hard time for the two perspectives to get each other.
    We embody each others deamon! ;)

    Recently I was in a thread with an INTP and we couldn't get to agree on what was Fi and Ti,
    it turned out that he had his own Jungian system that was so different that unless I knew what logical
    steps he had come up with underneath it was impossible from an orthodox MBTI perspective to know what the deal was.
    He of course never mentioned where he was comming from and just argued the case for Fi when I said Ti and Ti when I said Fi.
    If it didn't say INTP over his name and I know that they like to play by their own rules without informing others I would
    have told him he was an idiot. Luckily I instead got him to explain what his system was about.
    Now I can just say "Ah he is doing his shadow-bleedtrough thing", no worry.

    It however illustrated the differences in perspective quite well. :)
    I go well over with ISTPs however since we kinda just get eachother on the Se-Ni level.
    Do you mind elucidating this bit: "I know that they like to play by their own rules without informing others."
    I can see how someone could do this in one situation, but how is it that everyone doesn't play by their own rules without telling everyone, even the major parts as opposed to little differences?

    Just interested in getting your interpretation of that. Maybe what's going on is this: most of the time it seems like the things I say are obvious so I tend to overlook that it might not be correct, and go on to thinking the other person is misunderstanding my words as I'm presenting the idea in that moment, or that we disagree on a fundamental point in our worldview that leads to misunderstanding my ideas.

    So yeah, how does it look from your end?

  7. #506
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by tangosthenes View Post
    Do you mind elucidating this bit: "I know that they like to play by their own rules without informing others."
    I can see how someone could do this in one situation, but how is it that everyone doesn't play by their own rules without telling everyone, even the major parts as opposed to little differences?
    Sure! :)
    Playing by your own rules is by your own logical rules.
    Since I don't have access to Ti at all, and Te is in my inferior when you construct your own logic system from scratch
    that doesn't conform to the standard on a surface level it trips me up. Even though when you look at the details
    you are totally right, I can't see that unless an NTJ points it out to me or the NTP is gracious enough to show
    me how it connects to what the surface structures I percieve is about.

    Just interested in getting your interpretation of that. Maybe what's going on is this: most of the time it seems like the things I say are obvious so I tend to overlook that it might not be correct, and go on to thinking the other person is misunderstanding my words as I'm presenting the idea in that moment, or that we disagree on a fundamental point in our worldview that leads to misunderstanding my ideas.
    Well if you are wrong I wouldn't know, cause for me it seems wrong anyway... XD
    You would be right that I misunderstood you in either case unless you took the time to present it in a structured way.
    And then my reaction would be, why so complex???
    Can't you just simplify it or something?
    tangosthenes thanked this post.

  8. #507

    Quote Originally Posted by hornet View Post
    Sure! :)
    Playing by your own rules is by your own logical rules.
    Since I don't have access to Ti at all, and Te is in my inferior when you construct your own logic system from scratch
    that doesn't conform to the standard on a surface level it trips me up. Even though when you look at the details
    you are totally right, I can't see that unless an NTJ points it out to me or the NTP is gracious enough to show
    me how it connects to what the surface structures I percieve is about.



    Well if you are wrong I wouldn't know, cause for me it seems wrong anyway... XD
    You would be right that I misunderstood you in either case unless you took the time to present it in a structured way.
    And then my reaction would be, why so complex???
    Can't you just simplify it or something?
    Ok, yeah, I get it. That was my initial hunch. My brother's an Se-dom and he tends to think along the same vein. He likes to talk about big issues with me but misses a whole lot, it seems like. But then again, sometimes he makes me laugh because I've made some kind of simple thing really complex, and he's got the correct answer on his sleeve while I'm still figuring out the problem from the universe down.
    Inveniet thanked this post.

  9. #508
    ENTJ - The Executives

    @Lady Lullaby - I just happened to pop in and skim the last few pages and listened to about 2 minutes of you discussing your parenting. You've obviously given a lot of thought to the decision to give yourself isolated time from your kids, but let me give you a different perspective: I think that neglect is going to inadvertently be one of the best things you can do in your kids' upbringing. For your own sake as others have noted, but more so theirs.

    See the following excerpts, for example:

    A member of another family, Yanira, asked if she could come along. Izquierdo and the others spent five days on the river. Although Yanira had no clear role in the group, she quickly found ways to make herself useful. Twice a day, she swept the sand off the sleeping mats, and she helped stack the kapashi leaves for transport back to the village. In the evening, she fished for crustaceans, which she cleaned, boiled, and served to the others. Calm and self-possessed, Yanira “asked for nothing,” Izquierdo later recalled. The girl’s behavior made a strong impression on the anthropologist because at the time of the trip Yanira was just six years old.

    ...In the L.A. families observed, no child routinely performed household chores without being instructed to. Often, the kids had to be begged to attempt the simplest tasks; often, they still refused. In one fairly typical encounter, a father asked his eight-year-old son five times to please go take a bath or a shower. After the fifth plea went unheeded, the father picked the boy up and carried him into the bathroom. A few minutes later, the kid, still unwashed, wandered into another room to play a video game.

    ---

    Pamela Druckerman, a former reporter for the Wall Street Journal, moved to Paris after losing her job. She married a British expatriate and not long after that gave birth to a daughter. Less out of conviction than inexperience, Druckerman began raising her daughter, nicknamed Bean, à l’Américaine. The result, as she recounts in “Bringing Up Bébé” (Penguin Press), was that Bean was invariably the most ill-behaved child in every Paris restaurant and park she visited. French children could sit calmly through a three-course meal; Bean was throwing food by the time the apéritifs arrived.

    Druckerman talked to a lot of French mothers, all of them svelte and most apparently well rested. She learned that the French believe ignoring children is good for them. “French parents don’t worry that they’re going to damage their kids by frustrating them,” she writes. “To the contrary, they think their kids will be damaged if they can’t cope with frustration.” One mother, Martine, tells Druckerman that she always waited five minutes before picking up her infant daughter when she cried. While Druckerman and Martine are talking, in Martine’s suburban home, the daughter, now three, is baking cupcakes by herself. Bean is roughly the same age, “but it wouldn’t have occurred to me to let her do a complicated task like this all on her own,” Druckerman observes. “I’d be supervising, and she’d be resisting my supervision.”
    Read more: Elizabeth Kolbert - SPOILED ROTTEN
    Subtle Murder thanked this post.

  10. #509
    ESTP - The Doers

    Do you still not have an ESTP for these discussions? I could explain how I think my functions work and some things about how a Se-dominant person would approach mindfulness meditation when using Se seems to be the main point of it.
    Lady Lullaby, cosmia, renna and 3 others thanked this post.

  11. #510
    Unknown

    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine Ermine View Post
    Do you still not have an ESTP for these discussions? I could explain how I think my functions work and some things about how a Se-dominant person would approach mindfulness meditation when using Se seems to be the main point of it.
    If no one else has the time I'll chat with you. :)
    Starflakes, Starflakes, Starflakes and 13 others thanked this post.


     
Page 51 of 224 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Interaction with people who share your type?
    By alextyrian in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 08-04-2012, 06:25 PM
  2. [ENTP] Same type interaction
    By YourMom in forum ENTP Forum- The Visionaries
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 10:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:26 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0