THE MAFIA ACADEMY
Mafia Mini #52 Presented by Lizabeth and ClovdyxPlease read the following before signing up!
There will be two parts to this game.
There will be the regular Game that will run in the game thread. The setup is pretty simple: 9 players, 7 Town vs. 2 Mafia. 5 Power roles divided between Town and Mafia (explained in further detail below).
The experimental part of this game will be the Academy. There will be 12 spots available in the Academy for any player who has played at least one game and wants to develop their skills for analyzing and strategizing in mafia in close consultation with veteran players, who will be known as “Discussion Leaders” (or whatever they want to call themselves ) .
Those who sign up for spots in the Academy will be divided into 4 Teams of 3 that will have the opportunity to consult as a group with a different Discussion Leader each cycle of the game. (Sort of like mini graveyards).
There will be a competition between the 4 Academy Teams and between the 4 Discussion Leaders (explained further below). The Academy competitions will operate behind the scenes (in QT) and run parallel to the regular competition taking place in the game thread. The Academy competition will not have any direct impact on the Game in the game thread. However, the winning team/Discussion Leaders from the Academy will be listed as winning alongside the winning team from the Game thread.The following rules apply:
Rules & Mechanics:
- Forum and Mafia Rules apply: Mafia Forum Rules
- This is an open basic 9-player game
- Four of the 9 player slots have already been assigned to recruited veteran players. The players in those slots will be randomly assigned a role in the game once sign-ups are completely filled.
- Day Phases will be 48 hours long and Night Phases will be 24 hours long. Players may vote to reduce Day length to 24 hours starting on Day 3.
- Day/Night Phases will begin and end at 1:00pm EST.
- Twilight begins 30 minutes before the End of Day. Votes time stamped later than 1:00pm will not be counted, regardless of the time at which the “Twilight” post is posted by the mods.
- During Twilight, players may engage in further discussion in the thread up until the End of Day post is posted. Once the End of Day post has been posted, NO MORE TALKING until the start of the next Day phase.
- The player who receives the most votes by Twilight will be lynched. In the event of a tie, the player most recently in the lead will be lynched.
- Players may vote for “no lynch”.
- All votes must be formatted in BOLD and in RED and with BRACKETS. Example: <<Vote Simonds>>
- ROLE CLAIMING IS NOT ALLOWED ON DAY 1. Role claiming is allowed on Day 2 and onwards.
- Night Actions must be submitted to the moderators at least 30 minutes before the end of each Night (by 12:30pm EST).
- Night actions must be submitted in BOLD. The code is: < b > insert words < / b > (just take out the spaces).
- You may not post screenshots of, copy and paste, or directly quote your role PM, QT, mod communication, or any other game-related communication that originated outside of the Game Thread.
- Do not direct questions to moderators in the game thread; questions must be asked via PM or QT. Any question to a moderator asked in thread will be ignored.
- If you need a replacement, notify us in your QT. If we can’t find one, your role will be mod killed.
- Out of fairness and respect to the mods and to your fellow players/teammates, please make the effort to participate. The minimum post requirement for this game is 3 game-related posts per Day phase. The definition of “game-related posts” is at the mods’ discretion. If you are unable to meet this requirement for unavoidable reasons, please notify us as soon as possible. If it comes to our attention that you have failed to meet this post requirement and you have not notified us ahead of time, you may be replaced or your role may be mod killed.
- No personal attacks!
- One GAH post is allowed in the game thread after your death. Do not include any game-related explanations, interpretations, or instructions in your gah post (other than sentiments such as “Go Team!”)
- This is an experimental behind-the-scenes game mentoring setup.
- The Academy will operate in QTs behind the scenes. The activities that take place in the Academy will not have any direct impact on the actions or outcomes that take place in the game.
- The Academy roles:
- 4 Discussion Leaders
- 12 “students” randomly divided into 4 teams (3 “students” per Team)
- Each discussion leader will hold a discussion group with one team each day-to-night cycle of the Game; At the start of each new cycle, the student teams will move as a team to a new discussion leader’s QT
- Each group will compete as a team against the other 3 groups; each Discussion Leader will compete individually against the other 3 Discussion Leaders based on the following points system:
- At the end of each Day Phase, the teams/discussion leaders may indicate who they would vote to lynch (town perspective)
- Vote for Mafia = +2 points
- Vote for VT = 0 points
- Vote for PT = -1 points
- At the end of each Night phase the teams/discussion leaders may indicate who they would vote to kill (scum perspective)
- Vote for PT = +2 points
- Vote for VT = 0 points
- Vote for Mafia = -1 points
For bonus points, the teams/discussion leaders may indicate who they would roleblock, they will receive an additional +1 if they choose to block PT
- The teams must discuss and post their choices for day/night actions in their assigned team QT (dorm room); The last choice posted by the End of Day/End of Night will be the official vote accepted for the group
- The discussion leaders must submit their choices by sending a PM to the mods by the End of Day/End of Night
- The Team and Discussion Leader who have achieved the most accumulated points by the end of the Game will be listed as winning alongside the winning in-game team.
For All Participants (Graveyard included)
- Talking about the game outside the game thread, assigned QTs, or private communication with the mods is NOT permitted and doing so will invite a mod kill (or removal from the graveyard).
- QTs will be posted publicly at the conclusion of the game.
- Do NOT send anyone a link to ANY QT - player QT’s, classrooms, dorm rooms, or the graveyard thread - without a game moderator’s permission. Period.