Ask A Science Question - Page 62

Ask A Science Question

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 636
Thank Tree395Thanks

This is a discussion on Ask A Science Question within the Science and Technology forums, part of the Topics of Interest category; Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda The books could have been a problem. My backpack used to have three or four ...

  1. #611

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    The books could have been a problem. My backpack used to have three or four binders inside + more. Wouldn't surprise me if it was at least slightly stressed. I used to carry around all of my books all the time, which is horribly unnecessary.
    I'm very skeptical about that and I don't put anything more than needed. Less weight, less stress for back = more speed and endurance and less inertia in turning (don't ask me why I mentioned that).

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    Yeah, for something general and simple all you would have to do is be able to run Wordpad in high school.
    I would have been kicked out for that. no phones, no computers in class. I have nothing against that. I only needed to take some pictures of some slides I didn't want to watch. There's no need for computer in high school, except for presentations.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    In college presentation style and formatting matter more so be sure that you can run basic Microsoft Office. I didn't actually have Office on my computer until College because they give it to us for free.
    I'm switching to Libre. Anyway I don't think there's much need for that either.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    My major is in computer networking, so my courses involve running multiple VMs at the same time. Like three Windows Server 2016 instances at once. So idle my computer will use 2-3GB of RAM and then I could allocate 2-4GB to each VM. You could also get away with 8GB of RAM by just allocating less RAM to each VM but the performance won't be as good. Also, Quad-Core is usually appropriate so you can allocate a core or couple of threads to each VM. It's basically division of resources.
    That's a special case. Generally you don't need that if you pick something else.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    I really didn't know why I would need so much RAM either. That was until I took a class last semester which basically was running three OSes at the same time in virtual machines. Obviously, real life would be that Servers would be doing this not gaming laptops or workstation laptops. Why I would need a Discrete Graphics Card, that I do not know. I think it is simply because there are just two main laptop specifications for all majors. For example, Engineering and Architecture students do a lot of 3D-modeling so it makes sense for them, not for someone like me.
    Shouldn't there be desktops in classroom? My drafting classes had them, IT classes had entire classrooms. I visited some universities and I saw several high end computers in Cooler Master Cosmos II cases. Yet again it was photography studio, but there also was 3D modeling studio. So maybe you can do that at home too if you want, but it's just lame, when there's access to almost latest i7 stuff and 4 screens.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    Or an overclocked 12-core Xeon from ten years ago. The cheapness of it all.
    Only that? I wanted 64 core AMD Opteron build. Of course it's too expensive then and now and now it's just not so cool anymore. Now I would want 128 core Opteron build, if that's possible. If not then Epyc. Fuck Intel, I like AMD more.

  2. #612

    Quote Originally Posted by The red spirit View Post
    I'm very skeptical about that and I don't put anything more than needed. Less weight, less stress for back = more speed and endurance and less inertia in turning (don't ask me why I mentioned that).


    I would have been kicked out for that. no phones, no computers in class. I have nothing against that. I only needed to take some pictures of some slides I didn't want to watch. There's no need for computer in high school, except for presentations.



    I'm switching to Libre. Anyway I don't think there's much need for that either.




    That's a special case. Generally you don't need that if you pick something else.



    Shouldn't there be desktops in classroom? My drafting classes had them, IT classes had entire classrooms. I visited some universities and I saw several high end computers in Cooler Master Cosmos II cases. Yet again it was photography studio, but there also was 3D modeling studio. So maybe you can do that at home too if you want, but it's just lame, when there's access to almost latest i7 stuff and 4 screens.


    Only that? I wanted 64 core AMD Opteron build. Of course it's too expensive then and now and now it's just not so cool anymore. Now I would want 128 core Opteron build, if that's possible. If not then Epyc. Fuck Intel, I like AMD more.
    Yeah, I'm mostly referring to outside of school when you need to write a paper and print it. Assuming you don't want to go to a library or use the school library. I printed hundreds of pages of stuff completely unrelated to schoolwork using the school printers in high school. I'm pretty sure they had no limitations on us which was kind of foolish.

    You could use Google Docs if you really wanted to. A lot of papers in college were graded based on adherence to formatting rules. It reminds me of early high school English where the teacher handed out rulers to everyone to make sure that the margins of our printed pages were exactly the right width. Funny how we never had a general computer skills class during that whole time.

    They have computer labs in my school. The technology varies but none of it is a decade out of date. For example, in the Business Building there are All-In-One PCs with i3s and SSDs for storage. Quick and easy. In my actual IT labs, we have relatively new hardware. Hybrid Drives, all 16GB RAM and i7-4790s. Certain classes don't give you access to these labs but you still need a computer, so you have to have your own regardless. In the IT labs you have admin rights, but regular labs your work and applications will be limited. Another limitation is that you have to save your data on your own storage or on network storage (which they only provide 2GB for basic documents and homework). You have to do this because the computers are occasionally wiped and refreshed by the school but probably not often. I would say, if I knew about hardware and I knew what I was going to do coming into school then I would have been more conservative for the laptop knowing that have computers and the bulk of my work was going to be essay writing. I really only like to go to the lab outside of class to practice or to help other people. My work style doesn't really work in that environment. I need to be alone in order to get things done.

    I prefer AMD Integrated Graphics because their control panel is actually somewhat useful in my experience. But I never had anything close to a high end AMD machine. I personally don't like Nvidia Optimus or whatever it is called in my laptop. It really limits compatibility with different Operating Systems, so you have a choice of Windows 7, 8 or 10. I wish my laptop was more flexible.

  3. #613

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    Yeah, I'm mostly referring to outside of school when you need to write a paper and print it. Assuming you don't want to go to a library or use the school library.
    That's convenient, but not 'needed'. When you say need I assume it's absolutely essential for basic survival. Therefore in this case it's convenient, not needed.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    I printed hundreds of pages of stuff completely unrelated to schoolwork using the school printers in high school. I'm pretty sure they had no limitations on us which was kind of foolish.
    It was fine by me. Printers are evil. It's money sucking business. Not printers themselves, but cost for printing. It's complete bullshit for mortals. Having one main printer is more practical.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    You could use Google Docs if you really wanted to.
    Never. I want to have it on my PC and full version, not some online crap.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    A lot of papers in college were graded based on adherence to formatting rules. It reminds me of early high school English where the teacher handed out rulers to everyone to make sure that the margins of our printed pages were exactly the right width. Funny how we never had a general computer skills class during that whole time.
    That's is so stupidly strict and I never seen anything like that before. Really English isn't a drafting lesson. I would have said something nasty if she got mad at me like "stick up ruler in your *** Ms.Shitface". lol. Probably a bit more appropriate version would be used for external publishing tho.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    They have computer labs in my school. The technology varies but none of it is a decade out of date. For example, in the Business Building there are All-In-One PCs with i3s and SSDs for storage. Quick and easy. In my actual IT labs, we have relatively new hardware. Hybrid Drives, all 16GB RAM and i7-4790s.
    To me i7 7490 aged horribly. It's not high end anymore, six core CPUs made it obsolete. AMD FX 6300 will probably outlive it. That's kinda sad.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    Certain classes don't give you access to these labs but you still need a computer, so you have to have your own regardless.
    What sort of classes? Living in USA must be hell if you literally need computer for school. Many things there seem to be way too strict for no reason. Thank god, I'm far away from that hell. Ink, pen and paper are the only things you should need in school. Calculators are optional, other tools are optional. To me writing with ink is like letting your soul express itself in liquid form on paper. It's just beautiful the way it is. Sometimes really touching. Computer is just cold, metal piece of garbage. No feeling, even less feeling if there's Intel inside.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    In the IT labs you have admin rights, but regular labs your work and applications will be limited. Another limitation is that you have to save your data on your own storage or on network storage (which they only provide 2GB for basic documents and homework). You have to do this because the computers are occasionally wiped and refreshed by the school but probably not often.
    I only had like several hundred megabytes and data there stays for year or two. It's some laws and shit I don't care about. Neither I need that data. I remember I downloaded shit pic and with paint made background bright green. Since it was low res, Windows 7 has feature to tile background and it was green shitstorm on screen. XD. My teacher was asking me to change it to something else. Good times. It's technically okay to change background, so she was powerless there. I think I just modified background more. 4 times out of 4 in slideshow it will show normal Windows background and 1 out of 5 it will show that tilled shit screen. At first she thought I just got back to normal, until she noticed that haunted shit screen. lmao. I loved that class just for her reactions.




    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    I would say, if I knew about hardware and I knew what I was going to do coming into school then I would have been more conservative for the laptop knowing that have computers and the bulk of my work was going to be essay writing. I really only like to go to the lab outside of class to practice or to help other people. My work style doesn't really work in that environment. I need to be alone in order to get things done.
    Everyone has computer at home, so it's not a problem.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    I prefer AMD Integrated Graphics because their control panel is actually somewhat useful in my experience. But I never had anything close to a high end AMD machine. I personally don't like Nvidia Optimus or whatever it is called in my laptop. It really limits compatibility with different Operating Systems, so you have a choice of Windows 7, 8 or 10. I wish my laptop was more flexible.
    It was until some Crimson crap took over. Catalyst was good, just looked a bit dated, but it was good. RIP Catalyst, you will be missed.

    AMD machines are more romantic than Intel ones. They may betray you, they may show their soul to you, but once you understood one, you will feel it, it will become extension of your own body and will be easy to work with. For me it has been the same way with Athlon 64 3200+, Athlon 64 3400+, AMD Sempron mobile 64 3400+, Turion X2 mobile TL-60, AMD FX 6300, AMD A4 6300. They all feel similar to me, despite having different architectures. Intel's are different. I used Pentium G620, Pentium P6200, I5 7400. Mostly at school, somewhat at grandparent's house. They just have different aura. Pentiums are closer to AMD, but Intel's in general have less drama and just do what they should do. I can't stand such boredom, that's cold and doesn't ask me "hey buddy, please learn about me". Those things will work in hellish heat, do stuff good enough and won't let you down. To me AMDs are more than just that, they feel more humanic. I never used agile AMD system in my life, meanwhile Intel ones felt like that, but AMD just does things anyway, even without that nice feeling of extreme agility. Anyway most of problems are always mainboard related, so yeah. AMD processor are totally find, except their boards that mortals can afford. I currently have issue with A4 6300. It crashes during Geekbench compute benchmark. Even after extensive testing, there's no reason why it should crash and not only crashes, but crashes with restart. Maxing out voltage solves problem, but there shouldn't have been any in the first place. I only know it's not heat related issue. Actually many people reported having similar stuff, but with nVidia graphics cards or phones. Also similar stuff with 3DMark benchmark suite. I get freezes and black program screen. Maybe it's just motherboard with inaccurate automatic voltage setting for graphics processing unit. Seems like it, else it's new motherboard dying fast or cheap low end no-name power supply acting up.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #614

    Quote Originally Posted by The red spirit View Post
    That's convenient, but not 'needed'. When you say need I assume it's absolutely essential for basic survival. Therefore in this case it's convenient, not needed.



    It was fine by me. Printers are evil. It's money sucking business. Not printers themselves, but cost for printing. It's complete bullshit for mortals. Having one main printer is more practical.



    Never. I want to have it on my PC and full version, not some online crap.




    That's is so stupidly strict and I never seen anything like that before. Really English isn't a drafting lesson. I would have said something nasty if she got mad at me like "stick up ruler in your *** Ms.Shitface". lol. Probably a bit more appropriate version would be used for external publishing tho.




    To me i7 7490 aged horribly. It's not high end anymore, six core CPUs made it obsolete. AMD FX 6300 will probably outlive it. That's kinda sad.




    What sort of classes? Living in USA must be hell if you literally need computer for school. Many things there seem to be way too strict for no reason. Thank god, I'm far away from that hell. Ink, pen and paper are the only things you should need in school. Calculators are optional, other tools are optional. To me writing with ink is like letting your soul express itself in liquid form on paper. It's just beautiful the way it is. Sometimes really touching. Computer is just cold, metal piece of garbage. No feeling, even less feeling if there's Intel inside.



    I only had like several hundred megabytes and data there stays for year or two. It's some laws and shit I don't care about. Neither I need that data. I remember I downloaded shit pic and with paint made background bright green. Since it was low res, Windows 7 has feature to tile background and it was green shitstorm on screen. XD. My teacher was asking me to change it to something else. Good times. It's technically okay to change background, so she was powerless there. I think I just modified background more. 4 times out of 4 in slideshow it will show normal Windows background and 1 out of 5 it will show that tilled shit screen. At first she thought I just got back to normal, until she noticed that haunted shit screen. lmao. I loved that class just for her reactions.





    Everyone has computer at home, so it's not a problem.




    It was until some Crimson crap took over. Catalyst was good, just looked a bit dated, but it was good. RIP Catalyst, you will be missed.

    AMD machines are more romantic than Intel ones. They may betray you, they may show their soul to you, but once you understood one, you will feel it, it will become extension of your own body and will be easy to work with. For me it has been the same way with Athlon 64 3200+, Athlon 64 3400+, AMD Sempron mobile 64 3400+, Turion X2 mobile TL-60, AMD FX 6300, AMD A4 6300. They all feel similar to me, despite having different architectures. Intel's are different. I used Pentium G620, Pentium P6200, I5 7400. Mostly at school, somewhat at grandparent's house. They just have different aura. Pentiums are closer to AMD, but Intel's in general have less drama and just do what they should do. I can't stand such boredom, that's cold and doesn't ask me "hey buddy, please learn about me". Those things will work in hellish heat, do stuff good enough and won't let you down. To me AMDs are more than just that, they feel more humanic. I never used agile AMD system in my life, meanwhile Intel ones felt like that, but AMD just does things anyway, even without that nice feeling of extreme agility. Anyway most of problems are always mainboard related, so yeah. AMD processor are totally find, except their boards that mortals can afford. I currently have issue with A4 6300. It crashes during Geekbench compute benchmark. Even after extensive testing, there's no reason why it should crash and not only crashes, but crashes with restart. Maxing out voltage solves problem, but there shouldn't have been any in the first place. I only know it's not heat related issue. Actually many people reported having similar stuff, but with nVidia graphics cards or phones. Also similar stuff with 3DMark benchmark suite. I get freezes and black program screen. Maybe it's just motherboard with inaccurate automatic voltage setting for graphics processing unit. Seems like it, else it's new motherboard dying fast or cheap low end no-name power supply acting up.
    "Printer money" isn't real money, it's just a way to keep students from doing runaway printing and wasting all school resources. I prefer it to an inkjet printer. I got a free inkjet printer with the purchase of my laptop. I printed out a couple of papers with it, then stopped using it for a couple of months. All of the sudden it is broken.

    In English classes, writing is all about formatting. In foreign language class such as Spanish, the teachers read your sentence structure and use of words to see if they even make sense. They should be doing that in English as well.

    Perhaps due to popularity. It seems more often that I would come across someone saying that they are still using their early 2010s AMD machine just fine.

    Pre-College everything was pencil and paper (or pen if you like that). In college everything is typed up. Printing depends entirely on the teacher. A lot of my teachers just use uploads of documents. What is getting really troubling is that some teachers are using those online platforms that accept work. Basically, they scan your work and see if it is plagiarized. That's fine for like an essay writing class for the professor to see if you are using information properly and citing your sources. But I'm talking about things like, I am writing code for my programming class and I have to submit it. That's going to cause problems because not everyone is so creative with the way they program. A lot of people just love to copy each other anyway, so I don't care if that happens.

    I was fortunate enough to only take statistics with a decent teacher so far. But people in College Algebra or whatever, they do their homework online. That is something I am completely against. The whole point with math is that you go through the procedure, show your work and if you are wrong it can be explained why. Multiple choice or fill-in-the-blank for a math class is horrible. At least my math teacher had use print out his worksheet and have us do it on paper.

    Use of computers seems backwards sometimes. Another example is where one of my professors makes us write programs on paper. But I partially agree with that, I think relying too much on the computer to auto-fill is bad for your understanding.

    In my lab, someone changed the wallpapers on some of the computers. The only reason that worked was because we had admin privileges to get into the Windows folder and replace the existing image. All computers are locked down with Group Policy so you are not authorized to do certain things. I get annoyed because I like it classic style where every time I open up a window it has its separate space on the taskbar. The school prohibited you from resizing the taskbar or doing anything to it. It's just gotten to dumb levels. The absolute dumbest thing that they do those is disable Command Prompt. They disable it, but they don't disable Powershell which can use all the same commands.

    Yeah, Catalyst is what I have used.

    I never had a computer where you can actually go into BIOS and change voltages or frequency. All of my PCs are generic pieces of garbage. But that's good because buying a customizable type of computer would probably involve a strong sense of buyer's remorse as I tend to get bored of things. Just like the Playstation 4 except it probably be 3 times as much money.

  6. #615

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    "Printer money" isn't real money, it's just a way to keep students from doing runaway printing and wasting all school resources. I prefer it to an inkjet printer. I got a free inkjet printer with the purchase of my laptop. I printed out a couple of papers with it, then stopped using it for a couple of months. All of the sudden it is broken.
    My laser printer has almost defective fuser. It's hell. Drivers sometimes work, sometimes not. Printing in itself isn't relatively expensive, but it's way too expensive for regular printing in my mortal's psyche. Inkjets imo are much better. Maybe dot matrix ones are good too.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    In English classes, writing is all about formatting. In foreign language class such as Spanish, the teachers read your sentence structure and use of words to see if they even make sense. They should be doing that in English as well.
    Wow, that complete mes and overall bad system. In Lithuania, no matter what language you write in, almost every time your grammar, spelling, punctuation, content, structure, topic reveal, argumentation quality, word count (In English it's variable size, in Lithuanian 500 word minimum), context, style (no slang or incorrect forms) and logical mistakes. lol no one cares about page formatting as it's always already done notebooks and exam papers. Formatting is just off-topic and misses the point of studying language. In English classes I did well, but not good in Lithuanian ones. I have heard that American education system is retarded and backwards, but not to such level.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    Perhaps due to popularity. It seems more often that I would come across someone saying that they are still using their early 2010s AMD machine just fine.
    Yeah. Those held up well, but Core 2 stuff held up similarly, just that Intel can't add cores for shit, so people buy them and don't get long term longevity.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    Pre-College everything was pencil and paper (or pen if you like that).
    To me first 4 years required ink and pen as requirement for us to learn how to write nicely, not some ugly crap that no one understands. Well it helps, but I still write 'bad'. Most of my peers learned to write nicely.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    In college everything is typed up.
    My parents wen to uni and still typing was totally not needed in uni itself, only for work out of classes. Dad is engineer, mom went to economics. This concept of typing up stuff in classroom is completely new to me and in some way completely horrible. Only my dad worked as typer at uni, so he got his hands on IBM XT to write some things.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    Printing depends entirely on the teacher. A lot of my teachers just use uploads of documents. What is getting really troubling is that some teachers are using those online platforms that accept work. Basically, they scan your work and see if it is plagiarized. That's fine for like an essay writing class for the professor to see if you are using information properly and citing your sources. But I'm talking about things like, I am writing code for my programming class and I have to submit it. That's going to cause problems because not everyone is so creative with the way they program. A lot of people just love to copy each other anyway, so I don't care if that happens.
    Yet again Murican's too strict about unimportant things. It's becoming a joke.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    I was fortunate enough to only take statistics with a decent teacher so far. But people in College Algebra or whatever, they do their homework online. That is something I am completely against. The whole point with math is that you go through the procedure, show your work and if you are wrong it can be explained why. Multiple choice or fill-in-the-blank for a math class is horrible. At least my math teacher had use print out his worksheet and have us do it on paper.
    Agreed

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    Use of computers seems backwards sometimes. Another example is where one of my professors makes us write programs on paper. But I partially agree with that, I think relying too much on the computer to auto-fill is bad for your understanding.
    Certainly. Most of the time fault is in poor usage of computers and in wrong place, which is user failure and other concern is learning and your own health.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    In my lab, someone changed the wallpapers on some of the computers. The only reason that worked was because we had admin privileges to get into the Windows folder and replace the existing image. All computers are locked down with Group Policy so you are not authorized to do certain things. I get annoyed because I like it classic style where every time I open up a window it has its separate space on the taskbar. The school prohibited you from resizing the taskbar or doing anything to it. It's just gotten to dumb levels. The absolute dumbest thing that they do those is disable Command Prompt. They disable it, but they don't disable Powershell which can use all the same commands.
    Retards everywhere in your posts. It's sad and funny. I had profile without admin rights, but I could change wallpaper and I could download some porn too. You know the best benchmark for PC is classical "as long as it runs porn". lol. I never tried that, but some dudes in class left Half Life and Slenderman games installed on PC. :D



    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    Yeah, Catalyst is what I have used.
    It was nice.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    I never had a computer where you can actually go into BIOS and change voltages or frequency.
    Poor man. All desktops I have used could do that, but none laptops. Even budget board offer that now. It feels a bit depressed to know that you are missing out on such great stuff. Get ole socket 939 board and AMD Athlon 64 FX CPU, add biggest chunk of metal you can find and overclock it. Generic crap is always crap, join PC master race.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    All of my PCs are generic pieces of garbage. But that's good because buying a customizable type of computer would probably involve a strong sense of buyer's remorse as I tend to get bored of things. Just like the Playstation 4 except it probably be 3 times as much money.
    maybe...Yes...Okay I agree, but it's stupid to be like that. After some bad investments you will learn some self-control. Now you don't have such skill, which is very useful in life. Don't be noob, raise clock speed to 5GHz, it's not hard (on AMD FX at least).
    Grandmaster Yoda thanked this post.

  7. #616

    Quote Originally Posted by The red spirit View Post
    My laser printer has almost defective fuser. It's hell. Drivers sometimes work, sometimes not. Printing in itself isn't relatively expensive, but it's way too expensive for regular printing in my mortal's psyche. Inkjets imo are much better. Maybe dot matrix ones are good too.



    Wow, that complete mes and overall bad system. In Lithuania, no matter what language you write in, almost every time your grammar, spelling, punctuation, content, structure, topic reveal, argumentation quality, word count (In English it's variable size, in Lithuanian 500 word minimum), context, style (no slang or incorrect forms) and logical mistakes. lol no one cares about page formatting as it's always already done notebooks and exam papers. Formatting is just off-topic and misses the point of studying language. In English classes I did well, but not good in Lithuanian ones. I have heard that American education system is retarded and backwards, but not to such level.



    Yeah. Those held up well, but Core 2 stuff held up similarly, just that Intel can't add cores for shit, so people buy them and don't get long term longevity.



    To me first 4 years required ink and pen as requirement for us to learn how to write nicely, not some ugly crap that no one understands. Well it helps, but I still write 'bad'. Most of my peers learned to write nicely.



    My parents wen to uni and still typing was totally not needed in uni itself, only for work out of classes. Dad is engineer, mom went to economics. This concept of typing up stuff in classroom is completely new to me and in some way completely horrible. Only my dad worked as typer at uni, so he got his hands on IBM XT to write some things.




    Yet again Murican's too strict about unimportant things. It's becoming a joke.



    Agreed


    Certainly. Most of the time fault is in poor usage of computers and in wrong place, which is user failure and other concern is learning and your own health.



    Retards everywhere in your posts. It's sad and funny. I had profile without admin rights, but I could change wallpaper and I could download some porn too. You know the best benchmark for PC is classical "as long as it runs porn". lol. I never tried that, but some dudes in class left Half Life and Slenderman games installed on PC. :D




    It was nice.



    Poor man. All desktops I have used could do that, but none laptops. Even budget board offer that now. It feels a bit depressed to know that you are missing out on such great stuff. Get ole socket 939 board and AMD Athlon 64 FX CPU, add biggest chunk of metal you can find and overclock it. Generic crap is always crap, join PC master race.



    maybe...Yes...Okay I agree, but it's stupid to be like that. After some bad investments you will learn some self-control. Now you don't have such skill, which is very useful in life. Don't be noob, raise clock speed to 5GHz, it's not hard (on AMD FX at least).
    It's probably individual quality. My printer was an all-in-one with a scanner and everything. I think the whole thing was $30. I went to Best Buy a couple of weeks ago and the cheapest printer they had was $69.95.

    Looking back, I really don't understand it beyond reading literature and then putting your thoughts or arguments into an essay. I didn't like the whole concept of finding the literary elements and meanings behind every story. But maybe that is good for someone interested. The Common Core thing made more sense. In my sophomore year of High School, my English class was basically testing out Common Core (if you don't know it is supposed to be an attempt to standardize education across the U.S. better.) We read articles and watch Ted Talks or whatever and then we basically "critically thought" about them and developed opinions. I think it is more sensible than trying to uncover vague metaphors in fictional novels.

    If anyone wants to develop a theory of why so many employers in the U.S. wants students to have Bachelor's Degrees, here my insight: the first time that you are introduced to the topic of writing and communicating clearly is in College. But even that was kind of a failure in my opinion. In my College Class, the teacher taught us about "Grammar." 70% of that class was how to use punctuation like commas and semicolons. The intuitive thing for me and many others was "use a comma when you would take a breath when speaking." Obviously that isn't the case in that class. I know people who are retired English teachers/professors and they always talk about grammar and punctuation. Basically Grammar Nazis. But I never actually got treated to this concept until College because my high school didn't teach that stuff very much. I agree, this stuff is important (obviously I'm not really using it much now though). Here's the thing, the College English teacher basically bombarded us with how to use commas, but she never talked about logical construction or anything that we had to know. It bothers me, because it was in the books and that's really where everyone suffered. All of these concepts were glossed over in favor of punctuation nazism.

    We had word counts sometimes in Spanish mainly. I think the part of Spanish that was a complete waste was that we learned to read, write and listen to Spanish but we never casually spoke Spanish. Everyone knows the best way to learn a language is to speak it with others who use it. So that was kind of pointless too. I remember a few words. I went to two different high schools because I moved, and my second high school was at like Spanish 1 levels in Spanish 3. The quality was terrible, that class made me look like a genius because I could use a complete sentence. Regular classes in English or anything usually avoided word count later in education. You use what you think is necessary to express the concepts. A lot of people I know are care too much about how many words they writing so they put in filler. "Omg, 20 words left and I am done." In one of my classes, my professor gave us a general technical writing paper every couple of weeks. All it said was basically, "Find someone related to the topic and our class and write a technical analysis paper." It was very open-ended. I learned a lot from those because I had to research and put into my own words what I was learning. It was something that he probably didn't even read throughly or anything, but I always had at least 1,000 words on each one just because I was invested into it. Plus, I'm pretty good at stringing words together in giant paragraphs.

    AMD has a version of hyperthreading don't they? It goes by a different name, I am wondering if they use that with like their 6-cores or do they just leave it at 6-threads?

    I have bad handwriting, it usually worsens as I stop using pencils. Given the fact that I almost never handwrite anything anymore, my handwriting is illegible to some people but apparently it was good enough for the teachers I have had throughout the years.

    My friend gave someone a piece of his work for them to look or something and his professor emailed him saying that he helped someone plagiarize (online submission systems). He had to go have an academic hearing and the judges/jury basically said, "Wtf is he doing here?" And they just dismissed it because it was BS. That professor is like the nicest guy, he can laugh and tell jokes, but once you go slightly off course he turned into something else. One time I was creating a website, but I used the wrong symbol in my code so it wasn't working probably. I literally had to change a "." to a "#" and he just started lashing out for no reason. Wtf

    In high school, a couple of kids booted into Safe Mode and tried to install Portal on the computer but it didn't have proper graphics support. In college people will have formatted hard drives on random computers for no reason. My friend flips all of the monitors to portrait mode and uses them like that. It's sad. There's a kid who put that he knows what "https" means on his resume. I asked him what it was and he couldn't remember. What? That's not even a skill, and he still doesn't know it. It's unbelievable and he is so delusional. "This is my field, this is what I like" and he never does any work and never learns anything. My professor one day after a test literally ranted for 20 minutes, "For those of you guys who are getting failing test grades, nobody is making you be here. This is supposed to be preparing for your career." So and so forth. This kid turns to me after class and he's like, "Did we actually learn anything or was he just rambling again?" This kid is ridiculous. When someone calls him out right to his face he sees as "That person really thinks I'm not living up to my potential." He's a special kind of special and of course he likes to get drunk as often as possible. I'm wondering how this kind of student escapes the public eye when we talk about education.

  8. #617

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    It's probably individual quality. My printer was an all-in-one with a scanner and everything. I think the whole thing was $30. I went to Best Buy a couple of weeks ago and the cheapest printer they had was $69.95.
    Maybe, but it certainly doesn't make my experience any better. Driver issues are phenomenally bad.


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    Looking back, I really don't understand it beyond reading literature and then putting your thoughts or arguments into an essay. I didn't like the whole concept of finding the literary elements and meanings behind every story. But maybe that is good for someone interested. The Common Core thing made more sense. In my sophomore year of High School, my English class was basically testing out Common Core (if you don't know it is supposed to be an attempt to standardize education across the U.S. better.) We read articles and watch Ted Talks or whatever and then we basically "critically thought" about them and developed opinions. I think it is more sensible than trying to uncover vague metaphors in fictional novels.
    Not sure. I found literature beautiful, teaching morality, teaching about history and etc. Felt like education, but yet again I slept in many classes, so I didn't learn everything well. Common Core tactics looks to be ignoring past and focusing on now, which is maybe okay, but past always was and is important to know. And TED talks aren't very scientific, IMO they don't fit into classroom. Classroom should always be beyond what you can find on net like that and teach us some real hard data. Make us literate in formal way rather than that.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    If anyone wants to develop a theory of why so many employers in the U.S. wants students to have Bachelor's Degrees, here my insight
    nope

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    the first time that you are introduced to the topic of writing and communicating clearly is in College. But even that was kind of a failure in my opinion. In my College Class, the teacher taught us about "Grammar." 70% of that class was how to use punctuation like commas and semicolons. The intuitive thing for me and many others was "use a comma when you would take a breath when speaking." Obviously that isn't the case in that class. I know people who are retired English teachers/professors and they always talk about grammar and punctuation. Basically Grammar Nazis. But I never actually got treated to this concept until College because my high school didn't teach that stuff very much. I agree, this stuff is important (obviously I'm not really using it much now though). Here's the thing, the College English teacher basically bombarded us with how to use commas, but she never talked about logical construction or anything that we had to know. It bothers me, because it was in the books and that's really where everyone suffered. All of these concepts were glossed over in favor of punctuation nazism.
    So why there's need for degree? It looks like there's no need for one, just firing some dumb teacher should be fine (it's far more complicated than that, but I won't expand).

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    We had word counts sometimes in Spanish mainly. I think the part of Spanish that was a complete waste was that we learned to read, write and listen to Spanish but we never casually spoke Spanish. Everyone knows the best way to learn a language is to speak it with others who use it. So that was kind of pointless too. I remember a few words. I went to two different high schools because I moved, and my second high school was at like Spanish 1 levels in Spanish 3. The quality was terrible, that class made me look like a genius because I could use a complete sentence. Regular classes in English or anything usually avoided word count later in education. You use what you think is necessary to express the concepts. A lot of people I know are care too much about how many words they writing so they put in filler. "Omg, 20 words left and I am done." In one of my classes, my professor gave us a general technical writing paper every couple of weeks. All it said was basically, "Find someone related to the topic and our class and write a technical analysis paper." It was very open-ended. I learned a lot from those because I had to research and put into my own words what I was learning. It was something that he probably didn't even read throughly or anything, but I always had at least 1,000 words on each one just because I was invested into it. Plus, I'm pretty good at stringing words together in giant paragraphs.
    All I know about USA is that education is uneducated education. Fail. Total Scheisse.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    AMD has a version of hyperthreading don't they? It goes by a different name, I am wondering if they use that with like their 6-cores or do they just leave it at 6-threads?
    It has no name as I know. Ryzen 1600 has 6C/12T. Low end Ryzens don't have that technology. Threadrippers, Epycs all have it. Ryzen 2800X had 8C/16T. X letter means it has advanced turbo boost. Anyway for as long as I know about AMD, they can't really make decent turbo technology and something like APM, that tries to stay within wattage, really turns on turbo irregularly, often throttles for no reason, even when thermals are exceptionally good and voltage isn't a problem. It never really works well, so I disable it. Most often it adds only like 200MHz and it means nothing for Dozers.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    I have bad handwriting, it usually worsens as I stop using pencils. Given the fact that I almost never handwrite anything anymore, my handwriting is illegible to some people but apparently it was good enough for the teachers I have had throughout the years.
    I always was known to have bad handwriting and to all teachers it was obvious.

    It looks like that:




    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    My friend gave someone a piece of his work for them to look or something and his professor emailed him saying that he helped someone plagiarize (online submission systems). He had to go have an academic hearing and the judges/jury basically said, "Wtf is he doing here?" And they just dismissed it because it was BS. That professor is like the nicest guy, he can laugh and tell jokes, but once you go slightly off course he turned into something else. One time I was creating a website, but I used the wrong symbol in my code so it wasn't working probably. I literally had to change a "." to a "#" and he just started lashing out for no reason. Wtf
    You should go elsewhere to study. He's a moron.



    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    In high school, a couple of kids booted into Safe Mode and tried to install Portal on the computer but it didn't have proper graphics support. In college people will have formatted hard drives on random computers for no reason. My friend flips all of the monitors to portrait mode and uses them like that. It's sad. There's a kid who put that he knows what "https" means on his resume. I asked him what it was and he couldn't remember. What? That's not even a skill, and he still doesn't know it. It's unbelievable and he is so delusional. "This is my field, this is what I like" and he never does any work and never learns anything. My professor one day after a test literally ranted for 20 minutes, "For those of you guys who are getting failing test grades, nobody is making you be here. This is supposed to be preparing for your career." So and so forth. This kid turns to me after class and he's like, "Did we actually learn anything or was he just rambling again?" This kid is ridiculous. When someone calls him out right to his face he sees as "That person really thinks I'm not living up to my potential." He's a special kind of special and of course he likes to get drunk as often as possible. I'm wondering how this kind of student escapes the public eye when we talk about education.
    Why are you even with him? It looks like his personality is no good. I don't even know anything about web page creating, but isn't HTTPS = Hyper Text Transmission Protocol Secure? Oh wait, I only knew basics of web site creation, but we never learned such thing. We only made websites with text, pictures, simple formatting and links. They looked like HTML1 or 2 stuff.

  9. #618

    Quote Originally Posted by The red spirit View Post
    Maybe, but it certainly doesn't make my experience any better. Driver issues are phenomenally bad.



    Not sure. I found literature beautiful, teaching morality, teaching about history and etc. Felt like education, but yet again I slept in many classes, so I didn't learn everything well. Common Core tactics looks to be ignoring past and focusing on now, which is maybe okay, but past always was and is important to know. And TED talks aren't very scientific, IMO they don't fit into classroom. Classroom should always be beyond what you can find on net like that and teach us some real hard data. Make us literate in formal way rather than that.




    nope


    So why there's need for degree? It looks like there's no need for one, just firing some dumb teacher should be fine (it's far more complicated than that, but I won't expand).


    All I know about USA is that education is uneducated education. Fail. Total Scheisse.




    It has no name as I know. Ryzen 1600 has 6C/12T. Low end Ryzens don't have that technology. Threadrippers, Epycs all have it. Ryzen 2800X had 8C/16T. X letter means it has advanced turbo boost. Anyway for as long as I know about AMD, they can't really make decent turbo technology and something like APM, that tries to stay within wattage, really turns on turbo irregularly, often throttles for no reason, even when thermals are exceptionally good and voltage isn't a problem. It never really works well, so I disable it. Most often it adds only like 200MHz and it means nothing for Dozers.




    I always was known to have bad handwriting and to all teachers it was obvious.

    It looks like that:





    You should go elsewhere to study. He's a moron.




    Why are you even with him? It looks like his personality is no good. I don't even know anything about web page creating, but isn't HTTPS = Hyper Text Transmission Protocol Secure? Oh wait, I only knew basics of web site creation, but we never learned such thing. We only made websites with text, pictures, simple formatting and links. They looked like HTML1 or 2 stuff.
    This kid has been at that school for 4 years already. A "super senior" he has the personality that will annoy anyone. Close to no social skills, will get up in your face and interrupt anything else you are doing. It's basically the worst kind of person you can meet. Ah this conversation is firm reminder of the worst parts of going to school.

    I would say roughly 2/3 of professors are useless. My early lesson in school was to not rely upon them.

    Cursive/Script handwriting hasn't been taught to me since 2nd grade. Though I can certainly read it. It brings great displeasure to traditional people that kids write in print.

  10. #619

    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    This kid has been at that school for 4 years already. A "super senior" he has the personality that will annoy anyone. Close to no social skills, will get up in your face and interrupt anything else you are doing. It's basically the worst kind of person you can meet. Ah this conversation is firm reminder of the worst parts of going to school.
    hell


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    I would say roughly 2/3 of professors are useless. My early lesson in school was to not rely upon them.
    True


    Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster Yoda View Post
    Cursive/Script handwriting hasn't been taught to me since 2nd grade. Though I can certainly read it. It brings great displeasure to traditional people that kids write in print.
    It brings huge displeasure to me too that some kids "I need computer for work", meanwhile that same kid just wastes lots of processing power just for taking notes. Not only this is very wasteful, but kid doesn't know how to write and computerized notes are inconvenient. Relying on power of electricity too much, makes society way too much dependent on one resource, which is certainly bad. Besides no power emergencies, I think that ink still has purpose among us. It's also far more fun and interesting to write with it. Modern society will see what I mean when everything will be computerized. I'm almost sure there will be massive coming back to normal living at one point. I'm not saying that new tech is bad, just overusing it is certainly bad.
    Grandmaster Yoda thanked this post.

  11. #620

    1.Not sure if it is the right place to ask but why do I sometimes get kicked out of my own internet network for no apperent reason at all?


     
Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Science and you
    By NephilimAzrael in forum INTJ Forum - The Scientists
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 02:53 PM
  2. Science Webcomics
    By skycloud86 in forum Science and Technology
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-10-2011, 05:02 AM
  3. science inspired art and art in science
    By susurration in forum Science and Technology
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-06-2011, 01:54 AM
  4. ... Science!
    By sprinkles in forum The Art Museum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 08:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:42 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0