Locus of control Fi vs Fe

Locus of control Fi vs Fe

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
Thank Tree10Thanks

This is a discussion on Locus of control Fi vs Fe within the Socionics Forum forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; Hi brainiac friends, Ive been pondering and thinking about the types of people who never accept responsibility for their actions ...

  1. #1

    Locus of control Fi vs Fe

    Hi brainiac friends, Ive been pondering and thinking about the types of people who never accept responsibility for their actions vs the types that own up and do in fact accept responsibility- and I've come to the realization that it might be an Fi vs Fe thing. Fi types tend to have a strong internal locus of control appreciate it in others as well, and for the Fe user the locus of control resides outside themselves.


    This post is for Fi users only (since Fe users will most likely object and refuse to take responsibility for not accepting responsibility :p)
    Last edited by Foxyfox; 07-08-2019 at 11:04 PM.



  2. #2

    Well I'm an Fe user and I'm gonna not follow what you say, so let's go.
    I think there could be truth to this however I have a very internal locus of control and a lot of my Fi friends have it external. I think it is more to do with confidence.

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by tiger greengrass View Post
    Well I'm an Fe user and I'm gonna not follow what you say, so let's go.
    I think there could be truth to this however I have a very internal locus of control and a lot of my Fi friends have it external. I think it is more to do with confidence.
    Well according to your last post you're not completely sure about your type in the first place. If you are an ENTJ as you said you might be in that last post of yours then sure, ENTJ's are gammas and therefore an Fi user :) Most ppl on pc are mistyped anyways and just love to argue. Anyways thanks.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxyfox View Post
    Well according to your last post you're not completely sure about your type in the first place. If you are an ENTJ as you said you might be in that last post of yours then sure, ENTJ's are gammas and therefore an Fi user :) Most ppl on pc are mistyped anyways and just love to argue. Anyways thanks.
    Nah I've settled on ENFJ now. Could make a post on it but I'd assume people are fed up of hearing me talk about the topic of my own type.

  6. #5
    EII

    I don't think it's Fi and Fe issue. If any function is an internal locus of control function I think it's Ni, and I think higher Te with Ni makes for a very internal locus of control person.

    I'm Fi and I feel helpless when I'm faced with taxes or most difficult adult things, I do blame myself but I don't always believe I can accomplish things through my own effort so I got no self-f-a-Casey. I think this has to do with my low Te, and there I go finding something to blame too. Lol ok I'm not trying to intentionally disprove this, but yea me being Fi doesn't give me a internal locus of control I don't think. I don't know if locus of control is really that clearly tied to a specific function. I've heard of NTJs and type 8s talk about this the most tbh.

    So I disagree.

    Also this thread seems like a shot at Fe folks if anything.

  7. #6

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    I don't think it's Fi and Fe issue. If any function is an internal locus of control function I think it's Ni, and I think higher Te with Ni makes for a very internal locus of control person.

    I'm Fi and I feel helpless when I'm faced with taxes or most difficult adult things, I do blame myself but I don't always believe I can accomplish things through my own effort so I got no self-f-a-Casey. I think this has to do with my low Te, and there I go finding something to blame too. Lol ok I'm not trying to intentionally disprove this, but yea me being Fi doesn't give me a internal locus of control I don't think. I don't know if locus of control is really that clearly tied to a specific function. I've heard of NTJs and type 8s talk about this the most tbh.

    So I disagree.

    Also this thread seems like a shot at Fe folks if anything.
    When you do something wrong are you able to admit you did something wrong? or do you always find someone or something to blame.Im still set on the fact that its an Fi vs Fe thing. I don't think its an Ni issue since ALL beta INFp's in my life always blame other ppl or outside factors for shit they obviously had control over, for example- my ex IEI best friend dated a guy I introduced her to for a few months and when she started having problems with him she said the fact that she was having problems in her life was my fault because I introduced her to him lol and she was dead serious. People with an external locus of control are pretty irrational.

  8. #7

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Also this thread seems like a shot at Fe folks if anything.
    Nah

  9. #8
    EII

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxyfox View Post
    When you do something wrong are you able to admit you did something wrong? or do you always find someone or something to blame.Im still set on the fact that its an Fi vs Fe thing. I don't think its an Ni issue since ALL beta INFp's in my life always blame other ppl or outside factors for shit they obviously had control over, for example- my ex IEI best friend dated a guy I introduced her to for a few months and when she started having problems with him she said the fact that she was having problems in her life was my fault because I introduced her to him lol and she was dead serious. People with an external locus of control are pretty irrational.
    By this logic Fi doms should have the most internal locus of control, if it's just an Fi vs Fe thing. 2 things on the external locus list I have,#4 and 5. 1 thing on the internal list I don't, # 4, and the rest I'm just like who knows. Yes I can admit I did something wrong, idk if that's type related.

    I say Ni because they have a long term goal in their mind that they work towards and everything they do is aimed at getting there so they have to get the environment in order to achieve that vision, and Te comes up with the most efficient ways to get there, so they control things in their environment to fit into this grand vision they have that is not influenced by the outside world but is self generated, because it's an introverted function. If they reach their vision or not is their own fault because failure represents something they missed in their big plan, something they did not account for, and they probably blame themselves for not seeing that coming. And as far as opinions, their vision is not defined or destroyed by other's since it's self generated. This personal grand vision is their's to succeed or fail at, and you have to have self-efficacy to even believe you can accomplish that.


    When I think of any control the functions I think of are Te and Se. Efficiency and force of will. The best way to do things and the will to take action. And as far as type 8, 8 is all about control anyway so that's internal locus of control by default "I won't let people take advantage of me, I'll never be a victim, I'll never allow someone to have control over me." All of that they believe is in their own control and if any of that ever happened to them they would blame themselves, saying they did not have enough control over the environment to stop those things from happening. And this can go the opposite way, blaming yourself for things you don't have control over.

    As far as Fe blaming other people, I can see that, they are affected by other people much easier, but I don't think Fi by default has an internal locus of control. As far as Fe lacking emotional maturity I think that's a low blow and inaccurate, it takes emotional maturity to keep peace between people and to speak compassionately to people in the way Fe is very skilled at doing.
    iblameyou thanked this post.

  10. #9
    EII

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxyfox View Post
    Nah


    Quote Originally Posted by Foxyfox View Post

    Fi types tend to have an strong internal locus of control



    People with internal locus of control:


    - Intellectually & emotionally mature





    This post is for Fi users only (since Fe users will most likely object and refuse to take responsibility for not accepting responsibility :p)
    This thread is about Fi vs Fe. You exclude Fe people and accuse them of not being intellectually or emotionally mature.
    How is this not an Fi bias shot at Fe people.
    Aridela, iblameyou, tiger greengrass and 1 others thanked this post.

  11. #10

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    By this logic Fi doms should have the most internal locus of control, if it's just an Fi vs Fe thing. 2 things on the external locus list I have,#4 and 5. 1 thing on the internal list I don't, # 4, and the rest I'm just like who knows. Yes I can admit I did something wrong, idk if that's type related.

    I say Ni because they have a long term goal in their mind that they work towards and everything they do is aimed at getting there so they have to get the environment in order to achieve that vision, and Te comes up with the most efficient ways to get there, so they control things in their environment to fit into this grand vision they have that is not influenced by the outside world but is self generated, because it's an introverted function. If they reach their vision or not is their own fault because failure represents something they missed in their big plan, something they did not account for, and they probably blame themselves for not seeing that coming. And as far as opinions, their vision is not defined or destroyed by other's since it's self generated. This personal grand vision is their's to succeed or fail at, and you have to have self-efficacy to even believe you can accomplish that.


    When I think of any control the functions I think of are Te and Se. Efficiency and force of will. The best way to do things and the will to take action. And as far as type 8, 8 is all about control anyway so that's internal locus of control by default "I won't let people take advantage of me, I'll never be a victim, I'll never allow someone to have control over me." All of that they believe is in their own control and if any of that ever happened to them they would blame themselves, saying they did not have enough control over the environment to stop those things from happening. And this can go the opposite way, blaming yourself for things you don't have control over.

    As far as Fe blaming other people, I can see that, they are affected by other people much easier, but I don't think Fi by default has an internal locus of control. As far as Fe lacking emotional maturity I think that's a low blow and inaccurate, it takes emotional maturity to keep peace between people and to speak compassionately to people in the way Fe is very skilled at doing.
    K its a low blow then. I don't really care. But this Se force of will Te efficiency Ni long term planning you speak of made me realize you don't really know what it means to have internal or external locus of control.

    Ty though.


     
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Locus of control, gender and P vs J
    By morgandollar in forum Myers Briggs Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-06-2019, 12:28 AM
  2. [INFJ] locus of control, attribution vs infj .. ?
    By fabi in forum INFJ Forum - The Protectors
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-07-2018, 05:57 AM
  3. [INTP] What is your locus of control?
    By escapism in forum INTP Forum - The Thinkers
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-19-2013, 07:39 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:40 AM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0