How do you identify between an LSE/ ESTj and SLI/ISTp?

How do you identify between an LSE/ ESTj and SLI/ISTp?

Hello Guest! Sign up to join the discussion below...
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thank Tree3Thanks
  • 1 Post By Jeremy8419
  • 1 Post By Jeremy8419
  • 1 Post By KanRen

This is a discussion on How do you identify between an LSE/ ESTj and SLI/ISTp? within the Socionics Forum forums, part of the Personality Type Forums category; My friend tested as an ESTJ on MBTI and ISTp on Socionics. The type descriptions are quite similar, she relates ...

  1. #1

    How do you identify between an LSE/ ESTj and SLI/ISTp?

    My friend tested as an ESTJ on MBTI and ISTp on Socionics. The type descriptions are quite similar, she relates to both of them, and they share virtually identical cognitive functions.

    What are some specific signs to differentiate between an ESTj and ISTp?

    Brief Description of her character:
    - Quiet in public, loud with friends - often organizes their schedule and behavior, such "keep that clean" and "remember to..."
    - Participates in sports
    - Enjoys hiking/backpacking
    - Watches a lot of TV
    - Dresses up in public, dresses down at home
    - Artistic
    - Touchy-feely with friends

    Thanks!



  2. #2
    Unknown


    You would be looking at LSE-H vs SLI-D.

    Provisional DCNH descriptions - Delta quadra - Wikisocion

  3. #3

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    You would be looking at LSE-H vs SLI-D.

    Provisional DCNH descriptions - Delta quadra - Wikisocion
    LSE-H:
    (Victor Gulenko) Feels at home in the intermediate fields of production – in trade or management. Is less inquisitive than the logical subtype; Is very sociable, emotional, gregarious. Frequently hospitable; loves comfort and cosiness, and likes to spend leisure time in nature. Easily manages the responsibilities of a technical director or manager.

    SLI-D:
    (Victor Gulenko) Outwardly businesslike, a little severe, cold and unapproachable. A realist and skeptic, distrustful of novelty, of those who advance [ideas of declarative character?]. Will always avoid useless matters, due to pragmatic nature. Very dynamic and technologically effective, Can extract the maximum of benefit even from tools. Their production is always foremost and will stand up to any competition on the market. Clothing is restrained, conservative, and they prefer a sporty, technological style.

    She consists of the characteristics that are in bold. Why do you specifically choose LSE-H and SLI-D? Thanks for the assistance.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PersonalityCafe.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Unknown


    Quote Originally Posted by KanRen View Post
    LSE-H:
    (Victor Gulenko) Feels at home in the intermediate fields of production – in trade or management. Is less inquisitive than the logical subtype; Is very sociable, emotional, gregarious. Frequently hospitable; loves comfort and cosiness, and likes to spend leisure time in nature. Easily manages the responsibilities of a technical director or manager.

    SLI-D:
    (Victor Gulenko) Outwardly businesslike, a little severe, cold and unapproachable. A realist and skeptic, distrustful of novelty, of those who advance [ideas of declarative character?]. Will always avoid useless matters, due to pragmatic nature. Very dynamic and technologically effective, Can extract the maximum of benefit even from tools. Their production is always foremost and will stand up to any competition on the market. Clothing is restrained, conservative, and they prefer a sporty, technological style.

    She consists of the characteristics that are in bold. Why do you specifically choose LSE-H and SLI-D? Thanks for the assistance.
    Well, I don't know the person, so I am not really choosing anything.

    You said she is somewhere between LSE and SLI. The gradient between LSE and SLI is between LSE-H and SLI-D. As traits increase/decrease, there is a line between those two subtypes that once crossed becomes the other type. LSE-H is an LSE that is an introverted extrovert with more focus placed on dynamics (specifically Si in this case). SLI-D is an SLI that is an extroverted introvert with more focus placed on dynamics (specifically Te in this case).

    Chances are, if you showed the person the three subtype dichotomies, and had them choose, they would be either an extroverted introvert or an introverted extrovert. Same for terminating/initiating and whatever the third one is that I forgot. If she's stuck on the fence between LSE and SLI, then you can use H and D to determine which her main type is, put it all together, and see if she agrees with her type and subtype as a whole.
    KanRen thanked this post.

  6. #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy8419 View Post
    Well, I don't know the person, so I am not really choosing anything.

    You said she is somewhere between LSE and SLI. The gradient between LSE and SLI is between LSE-H and SLI-D. As traits increase/decrease, there is a line between those two subtypes that once crossed becomes the other type. LSE-H is an LSE that is an introverted extrovert with more focus placed on dynamics (specifically Si in this case). SLI-D is an SLI that is an extroverted introvert with more focus placed on dynamics (specifically Te in this case).

    Chances are, if you showed the person the three subtype dichotomies, and had them choose, they would be either an extroverted introvert or an introverted extrovert. Same for terminating/initiating and whatever the third one is that I forgot. If she's stuck on the fence between LSE and SLI, then you can use H and D to determine which her main type is, put it all together, and see if she agrees with her type and subtype as a whole.
    Thanks a much.
    Jeremy8419 thanked this post.


     

Similar Threads

  1. Is it possible for an MBTI ENTJ to be a Socionics LSE ESTj?
    By SweetPickles in forum Socionics Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-04-2014, 10:10 AM
  2. Estj + istp?
    By DJArendee in forum ESTJ Forum - The Guardians
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 07-03-2012, 11:59 PM
  3. [ISTP] ISTP or ESTJ?
    By ButterflyChakra in forum ISTP Forum - The Mechanics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-05-2012, 08:57 AM
  4. [ISTP] Istp-estj?
    By karina7205 in forum ISTP Forum - The Mechanics
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 11-11-2011, 01:39 PM
  5. [ESTJ] Estj - istp
    By honestfi in forum ESTJ Forum - The Guardians
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 11:27 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:57 PM.
Information provided on the site is meant to complement and not replace any advice or information from a health professional.
© 2014 PersonalityCafe
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0