Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an alternate questionnaire form you can fill out and post in order to help determine your Cognitive Functions!

Please start a new thread when filling the questions out; don't post answers here.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I kinda identify with 2cognitive functions, so maybe it can affect my answers (if I have never studied cognitive functions I would be a “clean paper”, without any previous thoughts). But I’ll try to disassociate at most of any inner beliefs. English isn’t my first language, girl, 16.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
Water Sky Plant Water resources Tree

I feel peace of mind and spiritual loneliness, the air is fresh and the sun is raising. It’s a beautiful place, it remembers me adventure (in a way like Hobbit/Lord of the Rings). I would like to go boating or stand up paddle on the water or walk/run along the river. I’ve noticed that only one tree is still with autumn leaves an the ones on the left seem flattened and creating a passage along the river (like a decoration to the river). It remembers me traveling, dreams and freedom.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
“OMG! What happened? Oh no! We need to get to the concert,nooo! Ok, relax, we just need to fix this, if we don’t go to the concert it’s okay too. We probably gonna be here waiting for help while looking at the stars and lying on the grass.” I will process this thoughts very quickly and probably will start talking with my friends about what to do and say my ideas to solve, and actively do them.(signal the street, check gasoline, tires, search on internet, call a near gas station or mechanic).

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I would say yes without thinking too much, and I’d show a lot of enthusiasm. If next day there’s something important to do(like a competition, another fun activity, some work), I’ll be divided about what to choose.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I instantly notice that I don’t agree, but start thinking on my own why he/she is wrong, recalling mental processes that I’ve already done before (which doesn’t mean they’re complete). Then probably I’ll ask about specific topics to the person, while trying to find incongruities in both ways of thinking. I’ll do a lot of questions like: “Why do you think these way about this?”. I’ll listen to the person and try to understand its explanation. Then, probably I’ll say “Well, I agree with this part, but this part doesn’t make sense..”. I’ll explain my way of thinking and, if the person has a good point, I can change my belief (Maybe not entirely, but at least some part). I really like to listen different points of view when people have some knowledge about what they’re saying. It’s common for me to say: “These data are right, but because of this, you can’t jump into conclusion”, “Maybe this point are right, but it’s less likely than this”, “Omg! That’s amazing! I’ve never thought about this”, “I don’t know if I’m completely right, but I believe that…”
Sometimes I don’t say anything because I don’t really like conflict, or I’ll do a joke.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Experience something that clashes with beliefs: I’ll change my beliefs. For example, if I believe something, and then literally go to a place in which people show things and explain how a process works differently than I thought, I’ll change my mind.

Experience something that clashes with habits: If it’s a good experience, like something that will make me grow, or a travel, or something fun, I won’t care in changing my previous habits, but I’ll make sure to continue doing what I believe is still important for myself (mainly my health).

See/experience others doing something ethically wrong/ with a difficult process: I’ll tell them and try to help.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Courage, energy, freedom, growth, knowledge, honor(take responsibility) and love. These values make sense to me as they help me grow and achieve my dreams. I’ve noticed I need them to live happy and they help me take good decisions. I can change them if they don’t help me become who I want anymore or if my own views of myself change.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be?Why?
I’m curious, brave and positive.
I love to experience a lot of things and learn about everything: I have a lot of hobbies and want to try radical sports. I like knowledge, mainly studying topics deeply.
Maybe think more before acting, and follow my plans with more consistency.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
They normally come as “insights”, like an idea and they help me a lot. Situations:
1.When I have a problem, they come like a solution.
2.When I’m studying and figure out something , it’s like an insight about the topic, or a connection between other ideas.
3.When I connect objects or archetypes to a person, and then I can adapt myself to them (chameleon attitude).
4.When suddenly I think about creating something, or doing something new.
They are only ideas, not predictions about the future. If I don’t answered right this question, then probably I don’t have gut feelings.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a-Taking care of my health, completing a task, doing something physical.
b-Being unproductive all day, use too much social media, watch TV, everything that uses my mental energy for something unimportant and not fun.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I repress my own opinions and thoughts when I don’t know so much about them. I normally don’t like to talk about others behavior. I don’t express my feelings when I can’t understand them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
This is an alternate questionnaire form you can fill out and post in order to help determine your Cognitive Functions!

Please start a new thread when filling the questions out; don't post answers here.

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

I kinda identify with 2cognitive functions, so maybe it can affect my answers (if I have never studied cognitive functions I would be a “clean paper”, without any previous thoughts). But I’ll try to disassociate at most of any inner beliefs. English isn’t my first language, girl, 16.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
View attachment 893498

I feel peace of mind and spiritual loneliness, the air is fresh and the sun is raising. It’s a beautiful place, it remembers me adventure (in a way like Hobbit/Lord of the Rings). I would like to go boating or stand up paddle on the water or walk/run along the river. I’ve noticed that only one tree is still with autumn leaves an the ones on the left seem flattened and creating a passage along the river (like a decoration to the river). It remembers me traveling, dreams and freedom.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?
“OMG! What happened? Oh no! We need to get to the concert,nooo! Ok, relax, we just need to fix this, if we don’t go to the concert it’s okay too. We probably gonna be here waiting for help while looking at the stars and lying on the grass.” I will process this thoughts very quickly and probably will start talking with my friends about what to do and say my ideas to solve, and actively do them.(signal the street, check gasoline, tires, search on internet, call a near gas station or mechanic).

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?
I would say yes without thinking too much, and I’d show a lot of enthusiasm. If next day there’s something important to do(like a competition, another fun activity, some work), I’ll be divided about what to choose.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I instantly notice that I don’t agree, but start thinking on my own why he/she is wrong, recalling mental processes that I’ve already done before (which doesn’t mean they’re complete). Then probably I’ll ask about specific topics to the person, while trying to find incongruities in both ways of thinking. I’ll do a lot of questions like: “Why do you think these way about this?”. I’ll listen to the person and try to understand its explanation. Then, probably I’ll say “Well, I agree with this part, but this part doesn’t make sense..”. I’ll explain my way of thinking and, if the person has a good point, I can change my belief (Maybe not entirely, but at least some part). I really like to listen different points of view when people have some knowledge about what they’re saying. It’s common for me to say: “These data are right, but because of this, you can’t jump into conclusion”, “Maybe this point are right, but it’s less likely than this”, “Omg! That’s amazing! I’ve never thought about this”, “I don’t know if I’m completely right, but I believe that…”
Sometimes I don’t say anything because I don’t really like conflict, or I’ll do a joke.

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?
Experience something that clashes with beliefs: I’ll change my beliefs. For example, if I believe something, and then literally go to a place in which people show things and explain how a process works differently than I thought, I’ll change my mind.

Experience something that clashes with habits: If it’s a good experience, like something that will make me grow, or a travel, or something fun, I won’t care in changing my previous habits, but I’ll make sure to continue doing what I believe is still important for myself (mainly my health).

See/experience others doing something ethically wrong/ with a difficult process: I’ll tell them and try to help.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?
Courage, energy, freedom, growth, knowledge, honor(take responsibility) and love. These values make sense to me as they help me grow and achieve my dreams. I’ve noticed I need them to live happy and they help me take good decisions. I can change them if they don’t help me become who I want anymore or if my own views of myself change.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be?Why?
I’m curious, brave and positive.
I love to experience a lot of things and learn about everything: I have a lot of hobbies and want to try radical sports. I like knowledge, mainly studying topics deeply.
Maybe think more before acting, and follow my plans with more consistency.

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
They normally come as “insights”, like an idea and they help me a lot. Situations:
1.When I have a problem, they come like a solution.
2.When I’m studying and figure out something , it’s like an insight about the topic, or a connection between other ideas.
3.When I connect objects or archetypes to a person, and then I can adapt myself to them (chameleon attitude).
4.When suddenly I think about creating something, or doing something new.
They are only ideas, not predictions about the future. If I don’t answered right this question, then probably I don’t have gut feelings.

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
a-Taking care of my health, completing a task, doing something physical.
b-Being unproductive all day, use too much social media, watch TV, everything that uses my mental energy for something unimportant and not fun.

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I repress my own opinions and thoughts when I don’t know so much about them. I normally don’t like to talk about others behavior. I don’t express my feelings when I can’t understand them.
Maaaybe INTJ?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Can you explain, please?
:)
I’m between being ESTP or ENTJ. So maybe I’m ENTJ (Te-Ni-Se-Fi), cause the cognitive stack is similar to INTJ(Ni-Te-Fi-Se).
I think I see some Ni (the 8 question), Se and Te, but anyway I'm not sure and I think that there's a lot of Se for an INTJ. Also you seem to have good Ti (4th question).
Anyway, I'm not sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I see some Ni (the 8 question), Se and Te, but anyway I'm not sure and I think that there's a lot of Se for an INTJ. Also you seem to have good Ti (4th question).
Anyway, I'm not sure.
Thank you a lot for your reply!!! I’m really happy cause now at least I know that I have Se-Ni axis, and I also know I’m a logical type (Ti or Te). Sooo… some possibilities are ESTP, ISTP, ENTJ or INTJ. THANK YOU, you’re AMAZING LOVE U SO MUCH

1 - 5 of 5 Posts