Personality Cafe banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I posted stuff about myself before, but that was before I learned that everyone uses a Questionare instead! (Please forgive me, I'm new).

0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.

Hmm, no I'm pretty much my usual self. Although I am rather bored but I don't know if that has anything to do with my personality >.< I am 15, male, by the way.

1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.

(well I tried to post the link, but it said Iw asn't allowed..? Anywho, it's name is ROME TAKE 4 on flickr, and it was posted by some guy named Friks.. So yeeah I hope you can find it!)

It's a very lovely photo! To me it looks like a very fancy hotel, because the windows all have the same, uniform white curtains of a hotel, but without those I'd probably say it was some very old Vatican City building. Because it remind sme of a hotel, it makes me think of excitement, summertime, and vacation. I especially like the gray clouds through the glass ceiling, that makes me think that a good old summer thunderstorm is rolling in. Apart from the hotel point of it, it kind of reminds me of Hogwarts (I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan by the way), with the warmly colored stone walls and murals and paintings all over. So overall I say it makes me pretty excited because of everything it reminds me of.

2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions?

Uh oh! I'd like to think that I would keep fairly calm. I mean it is only a car break down, right? I would probably try to calm everyone, and even try to make a few jokes (no matter how awful) just to try to lighten the mood. And internally I would probably be actually kind of excited! I mean we're lost in the middle of nowhere, to be honest I would just eat up that drama! However, if we ended up waiting a long time that would fade away and I would probably just go quiet and mutter things under my breath about how mad I am that we're missing Nicki Minaj!!

3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do?

I'd be a little skeptical. Who will be at the party? How long does it go until? But at the same time, as long as these people I dorve here with are my friends, I could probably have a great time. I'll jnust hang out with them the whole time, it'll be fun! But right before a party (especially one that was just sprung on me!) I'll always get a little nervous.

4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?

First Q: By beliefs do you mean like religion? Well anyway, I'm going to answer like that:
I'd be pretty annoyed. I get so annoyed whenever I see people make fun of any belief, especially mine! Everyone has a right to their opinion! Which is probably what I would say to my friend, everyone has their opinion, and you shouldn't be judging someone off of it. So I would tell them that, but I'm thinking something a little less polite xD

5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits?

Hmm, well my beliefs (once again, assuming you mean religion) has remained the same my whole life so I have no previous. I'll focus on experiences and habits. But I'm still a little confused on what it means by 'something that clashes with your past experiences, and habits'. Can someone please explain this one to me? :/ I apologize for my lack-of-understanding/sillyness.

6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change?

I think that happiness is the most important thing in life :proud: (is that a value..?) I think that this is the highest achievement, as all other achievements only create it. I think that everything that is right can be explained in: as long as something makes you happy, and it's not hurting anyone, including yourself, it's right! Hallelujah!
I also think that manners are of high value. There's nothing worse than dealing with a rude person -.- I think forgiveness is one of the highest things out there. No matter what I cannot hold a grudge that lasts longer than 3 days. I literally am not capable of that. Also, I value security and stability. I need to know I am safe and secure, physically, mentally, and even financially (I would hopefully never put money in front of other everything else here, but I still value if my money is stable and secure). I need all of that to have peace :) Lastly I think love is of high importance, but not like the romantic love (that's important, but come on) I think love like family love and friendship love is beautifully important :D -group hug-
As far as how I came to value these things, I don't really know. I guess my parents probably taught me to value all of these things, but I just naturally value these too (forgiveness, like I said, I can't hold a grudge).
And can these things ever change: Probably. Maybe after I fall in love-get married-have kiddums I'll probably value security and protection even more than I already do, and I'll probably value romance more.

7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why?

A.) Hmm to be honest, probably my ability to forgive. I can honestly say I don't hate anybody, and as far as I can remember, I enver have. Sure I don't forget, but I do forgive. if we got into an arguement, all you would have to do is try to talk to me 5 minutes later without arguing and I'll have forgiven you. I think it's great, and bad. I mean it's bad because in the future I might let people walk over me and use me, but it's great because if I'm not mad at anyone, I'll probably be happy myself. And I value happiness above all ;)

8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?

I usually look into them. Not completely throw my heart into it, but I'll follow them a little bit and see if they might be leading me on the right track. I'll do my homework and research it all before I decide my hunch is the right thing to do. I don't really now how they're triggered... really in any situation with options I'll get a feeling that one is right (so yeah pretty much every situation). Sorry, I wish I could tell more :/

9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?

Hm well usually social activities do both. Like say I'm hanging out with friends, I'll be very excited and be all over the place and just having a good time. But after that I'll just be kind of tired and not really in the mood to hang out for a day or two. So like, it gives me energy in the moment, but then I don't have any left... Yeah it's odd.
I write a lot and once I get into the swing of it, I get really excited and energized. Really anything that I can use abilities/skills/talents I have.
Draining activities are mostly things that I know I'm horrible, go figure. Especisally when I have to put myself out there and I know I'm bad (theatre..). That's probably normal though :)

10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?

Well it depends who others is.
People I'm comfortable with: I don't really repress anything. Well, that's not true, I do hold back any opinion of mine that I know they highly disagree with. And I mean like they hate it. But I think that is really just the polite thing to do :)
People I don't know: I really hold back everything. I think everything out and the things I do show/express have been triple checked and approved by me. And really I automatically try to agree with them, even if I know that's not how I really feel :/ -sigh-

Wow! I'm done! Thanks for helping me! I apologize for any errors/misunderstandings I made about the questions! Thank y'all :)

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
Okay well the first thing I am going to say is you have a preference for Si.

And this
And internally I would probably be actually kind of excited! I mean we're lost in the middle of nowhere, to be honest I would just eat up that drama!
kinda makes me think of Ne.

Tell me more about a) what you do when you're stressed and b) how you try to manage your feelings.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
My first impression is that you're an extroverted feeler: ExFx. So, either ENFJ, ENFP, ESFP, or ESFJ. It sounds like your feeling is more Fe than Fi (the way you hate rudeness, the way you deeply value family and friendships), and it sounds like it's your dominant function. You say you like security and stability which points toward ESFJ. And you don't trust hunches as much as a typical ENFJ. So my first guess is ESFJ.

Reactions: Levi Krum

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A.) I try to set time apart just for me, and something I'll enjoy. I'll probably just go go into my room alone and watch TV, write, just anything to get my mind off :)
B.) I try to do what most people try, if there's some really negative emotion, I'll store it in until I'm alone and then just blow steam :/ However if I'm really happy about something I'll probably tell someone about it :)

Itldslwmn, thanks for your suggestions :) I'll look those up!!

·
Registered
707 Posts
It's a very lovely photo! To me it looks like a very fancy hotel, because the windows all have the same, uniform white curtains of a hotel, but without those I'd probably say it was some very old Vatican City building. Because it remind sme of a hotel, it makes me think of excitement, summertime, and vacation. I especially like the gray clouds through the glass ceiling, that makes me think that a good old summer thunderstorm is rolling in. Apart from the hotel point of it, it kind of reminds me of Hogwarts (I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan by the way), with the warmly colored stone walls and murals and paintings all over. So overall I say it makes me pretty excited because of everything it reminds me of.
Lots of Si there. Full of energy, though, like I expect from extraverted perceiving functions. ... So I might be feeling Ne, even if the words are Si-ish.

Uh oh! I'd like to think that I would keep fairly calm. I mean it is only a car break down, right? I would probably try to calm everyone, and even try to make a few jokes (no matter how awful) just to try to lighten the mood. And internally I would probably be actually kind of excited! I mean we're lost in the middle of nowhere, to be honest I would just eat up that drama! However, if we ended up waiting a long time that would fade away and I would probably just go quiet and mutter things under my breath about how mad I am that we're missing Nicki Minaj!!
Wow, yeah. Lots of energy again. It doesn't feel like an Si-dom with inferior Ne, which might worry about the things that could go wrong. And all that excitement about the "drama"? If I had to guess at this point, I'd lean toward an EXXP.

I'd be a little skeptical. Who will be at the party? How long does it go until? But at the same time, as long as these people I dorve here with are my friends, I could probably have a great time. I'll jnust hang out with them the whole time, it'll be fun! But right before a party (especially one that was just sprung on me!) I'll always get a little nervous.
Interesting interplay between the introverted and extraverted functions there. Seems like an Ne-Si push-and-pull.

First Q: By beliefs do you mean like religion? Well anyway, I'm going to answer like that:
I'd be pretty annoyed. I get so annoyed whenever I see people make fun of any belief, especially mine! Everyone has a right to their opinion! Which is probably what I would say to my friend, everyone has their opinion, and you shouldn't be judging someone off of it. So I would tell them that, but I'm thinking something a little less polite xD
So everyone is entitled to their opinion, and you don't want anyone treading on your ability to keep your beliefs. I'm leaning toward Fi as an auxiliary function.

Hmm, well my beliefs (once again, assuming you mean religion) has remained the same my whole life so I have no previous. I'll focus on experiences and habits. But I'm still a little confused on what it means by 'something that clashes with your past experiences, and habits'. Can someone please explain this one to me? :/ I apologize for my lack-of-understanding/sillyness.
It doesn't just mean religion, but it's totally understandable that you'd assume so. (Since you're young and it sounds like you've been raised with your belief system.) I don't know anything about your religious beliefs, but let's pick something innocuous. How would you react if you believe that homosexuality is a sin, and you see two men kissing?

I think that happiness is the most important thing in life (is that a value..?) I think that this is the highest achievement, as all other achievements only create it. I think that everything that is right can be explained in: as long as something makes you happy, and it's not hurting anyone, including yourself, it's right! Hallelujah!
I also think that manners are of high value. There's nothing worse than dealing with a rude person -.- I think forgiveness is one of the highest things out there. No matter what I cannot hold a grudge that lasts longer than 3 days. I literally am not capable of that. Also, I value security and stability. I need to know I am safe and secure, physically, mentally, and even financially (I would hopefully never put money in front of other everything else here, but I still value if my money is stable and secure). I need all of that to have peace :) Lastly I think love is of high importance, but not like the romantic love (that's important, but come on) I think love like family love and friendship love is beautifully important :D -group hug-
As far as how I came to value these things, I don't really know. I guess my parents probably taught me to value all of these things, but I just naturally value these too (forgiveness, like I said, I can't hold a grudge).
And can these things ever change: Probably. Maybe after I fall in love-get married-have kiddums I'll probably value security and protection even more than I already do, and I'll probably value romance more.
I wanna say Fi aux with a high-powered Ne dominant.

A.) Hmm to be honest, probably my ability to forgive. I can honestly say I don't hate anybody, and as far as I can remember, I enver have. Sure I don't forget, but I do forgive. if we got into an arguement, all you would have to do is try to talk to me 5 minutes later without arguing and I'll have forgiven you. I think it's great, and bad. I mean it's bad because in the future I might let people walk over me and use me, but it's great because if I'm not mad at anyone, I'll probably be happy myself. And I value happiness above all ;)
I think that I'm ready to say Ne-Fi (ENFP).

I usually look into them. Not completely throw my heart into it, but I'll follow them a little bit and see if they might be leading me on the right track. I'll do my homework and research it all before I decide my hunch is the right thing to do. I don't really now how they're triggered... really in any situation with options I'll get a feeling that one is right (so yeah pretty much every situation). Sorry, I wish I could tell more :/
Hmm. ... How often do you come up with possible ways for things to play out? How do you find solutions to problems?

Hm well usually social activities do both. Like say I'm hanging out with friends, I'll be very excited and be all over the place and just having a good time. But after that I'll just be kind of tired and not really in the mood to hang out for a day or two. So like, it gives me energy in the moment, but then I don't have any left... Yeah it's odd.
I write a lot and once I get into the swing of it, I get really excited and energized. Really anything that I can use abilities/skills/talents I have.
Draining activities are mostly things that I know I'm horrible, go figure. Especisally when I have to put myself out there and I know I'm bad (theatre..). That's probably normal though :)
Why are you bad at theatre? Do you have a problem expressing emotions? And can you please explain what you mean by "I'll be very excited and be all over the place and just having a good time"?

Well it depends who others is.
People I'm comfortable with: I don't really repress anything. Well, that's not true, I do hold back any opinion of mine that I know they highly disagree with. And I mean like they hate it. But I think that is really just the polite thing to do :)
People I don't know: I really hold back everything. I think everything out and the things I do show/express have been triple checked and approved by me. And really I automatically try to agree with them, even if I know that's not how I really feel :/ -sigh-
Why do you hold back? Just out of politeness or because you don't feel comfortable revealing yourself?

I really want to say ENFP. ... But I'm having trouble specifically identifying Ne. How do you usually look at the world? (Don't worry about being concise or anything, I just want to see how you think and what you usually think about.)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First off I wanna say I laugh a little any of you guys say 'Si' because that's my cat's nickname xD but anyway~

Okay, thanks for explaining that a little more! So if I believed homosexuality is a sin, and I saw two men kissing: I obviously wouldnt be pleased. But what am I gonna do? Run and split them up? No, I think I would just turn away and focus on something else. Even though I don't agree, I still think I would stick to my 'everyone has an opinion' kind of deal :)

So really I daydream about possibilities a lot! I spend a lot of time thinking about different ideas and ways my life can go in the future. And with finding a solution: I will usually have a bunch of possible solutions, and then find one I like best. I'll focus on that, until suddenly I notice another solution for me. I'll think that that might work better for me, and put a lot of thinking into that one, until I suddenly think about another one and think that might work better, and this the cycle repeats. I'll usually do this until I finally have an answer that I think I'll stick with.

I think that with theatre, it's more of the attention, te stage, and the audience. I feel too much pressure and then I can't focus on anything else like the quality of my acting or portraying emotions. Also, even though I know I am bad at theatre and get stressed from it, I find myself coming back to it.. I know you didn't ask about it, but I figured every detail helps ^.^

With the excitement/all over the place/good time thing, I just mean I'll be bouncing from friend, talking a lot, and meeting new people, that is once I get into the swing of a social event! I hope this cleared things up! At least a little :)

With holding back: I think both. I like to be liked, and I'm nervous if I put myself out there I might come off as rude and have people disagree with me and dislike me isn't something I want :/

How I view the world/think:
We'll I think the world can be a little scary, but it can also be better than what most people think. I feel like people should put a little more value on things that aren't nessescarily matterial, even though I myself don't follow that rule sometimes :/

I think about about the past/future a lot more than te present, I'm always looking back on times in my life, and like I said before I daydream about my future a lot. I like to think about fantasies a lot (not the dirty kind) and things that don't exist, just for fun! :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
First off I wanna say I laugh a little any of you guys say 'Si' because that's my cat's nickname xD but anyway~

Okay, thanks for explaining that a little more! So if I believed homosexuality is a sin, and I saw two men kissing: I obviously wouldnt be pleased. But what am I gonna do? Run and split them up? No, I think I would just turn away and focus on something else. Even though I don't agree, I still think I would stick to my 'everyone has an opinion' kind of deal :)

So really I daydream about possibilities a lot! I spend a lot of time thinking about different ideas and ways my life can go in the future. And with finding a solution: I will usually have a bunch of possible solutions, and then find one I like best. I'll focus on that, until suddenly I notice another solution for me. I'll think that that might work better for me, and put a lot of thinking into that one, until I suddenly think about another one and think that might work better, and this the cycle repeats. I'll usually do this until I finally have an answer that I think I'll stick with.

I think that with theatre, it's more of the attention, te stage, and the audience. I feel too much pressure and then I can't focus on anything else like the quality of my acting or portraying emotions. Also, even though I know I am bad at theatre and get stressed from it, I find myself coming back to it.. I know you didn't ask about it, but I figured every detail helps ^.^

With the excitement/all over the place/good time thing, I just mean I'll be bouncing from friend, talking a lot, and meeting new people, that is once I get into the swing of a social event! I hope this cleared things up! At least a little :)

With holding back: I think both. I like to be liked, and I'm nervous if I put myself out there I might come off as rude and have people disagree with me and dislike me isn't something I want :/

How I view the world/think:
We'll I think the world can be a little scary, but it can also be better than what most people think. I feel like people should put a little more value on things that aren't nessescarily matterial, even though I myself don't follow that rule sometimes :/

I think about about the past/future a lot more than te present, I'm always looking back on times in my life, and like I said before I daydream about my future a lot. I like to think about fantasies a lot (not the dirty kind) and things that don't exist, just for fun! :)
I'm gonna stick with ENFP. I think that you show dominant Ne and auxiliary Fi. (I'm inclined to think that some of your insecurities are part of the teenage learning process, and not Fe.)

Are you familiar with ENFP? If so, does it seem like you?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did look up ENFP, and looked up some of their threads on here and it does seem a lot like me :) thank you very much!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts