Personality Cafe banner

๐——๐—ผ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ท๐—ผ๐˜† ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—น๐˜€๏ฟฝ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ•โ€๐Ÿฆบ

• I love all animals!โค

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • Only dogs and/or cats. ๐Ÿ•

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I'll tolerate animals if needed๐Ÿ˜’

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • No.๐Ÿ™…โ€โ™€๏ธ

Votes: 1 5.3%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

ยท
Registered
INTJ8w9โญโญโญโญโญ๐ŸŒ€๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงกโคโ™€๐—ฆ๐˜‚๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฆ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—˜๐Ÿณ๐Ÿด๐Ÿณ๐˜…Just do your best!โšก
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(๏ฟฝ_๏ฟฝ)

ยท
Registered
3,345 Posts
Voted tolerate them if needed. I like having friends with pets so that I can experience all the fun stuff associated with animals without having any of the responsibilities. I really do love animals, but not near me all the time.

ยท
Registered
ISTP 9w8 โ™€
320 Posts
It depends on the animal. If they don't seem dangerous, then sure, why not. I usually get along pretty well with cats. Dogs are hit or miss - got along really well with a friend's dog but got bit in the leg by another one two years ago, so ๐Ÿ™ƒ

ยท
Registered
INFP 4w5 459 sp=sx
229 Posts
I love all animals. Even bugs. I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever not had a pet Or serval pets at a time.

i would like to a open a sanctuary one day but this is just a pipe dream I always had since a child.

even volunteer at many wildlife sanctuaries: wolves and marine an8mals mostly.

ยท
Registered
80 Posts
Yes! I generally love being around animals, but like people they have different personalities and they may be having a bad day lol

ยท
Registered
80 Posts
I love all animals. Even bugs. I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever not had a pet Or serval pets at a time.

i would like to a open a sanctuary one day but this is just a pipe dream I always had since a child.

even volunteer at many wildlife sanctuaries: wolves and marine an8mals mostly.
This is cute ๐Ÿ’— You should go for it! No dream is a pipe dream if you put effort and energy into making it happen ๐Ÿ˜‰

ยท
Registered
โ™€
260 Posts
I'm afraid of pit bulls, and I would never raise one. But I love Pinscher and Dachshund.

Some might argue:
"pinschers are rabid"

Yes... but their lethality is MUCH lower.
Even if a pitbull is well bred and affectionate with its owner, if he sees you as a threat he will kill you. Dogs, especially big ones, are not robots.

And pinscher are very cute. ๐Ÿ’œ

ยท
Retired Administrator
16,773 Posts
Pit bulls will not "kill" anything they see as a threat, just because of their breed.

It is because of the people who train them that they have such a bad reputation.

edit: And there is also the issue of police dogs that are trained violently--it's about the dog's training most of the time which makes it aggressive or dangerous. Not about the breed.

ยท
Registered
INFP 6w5 648
318 Posts
Pit bulls will not "kill" anything they see as a threat, just because of their breed.

It is because of the people who train them that they have such a bad reputation.

I have met many pitbulls in my life, and they are generally sweet and silly animals who wouldn't hurt a fly. I have never even met a pit bull who hurt out of its own volition.

And I also lived in an area where people fought dogs--they bred pitbulls for fighting and they trained them for fighting.

My dog was killed by a pit bull that was bred for fighting, when that pitbull dug into my yard with her puppy and killed my dog--a golden retriever mix (with probably herding dog like collie or german shepherd).

You know who was responsible for that? The people who bred that dog for fighting dogs.

I've seen a person come down the ally, hitting the chain (they kept their dog on a chain and not a leash) against the fence, and tried to get my dog to fight their pit bull. They threw the chain down onto the ground and they kicked their dog, and told it to attack my dog.

But their pit bull just stood there, confused and sad--because it was being told to attack another dog. I will never forget that. My dog turned away and the pitbull just stood there...even though the owner kicked it and said "get him!"

My sister has pit bulls that are the sweetest dogs. And I've also seen many in the animal shelters, who just wag their tails and think they are lap dogs.

There is nothing wrong with that breed--there is just everything wrong with the type of people who breed them for fighting or try to train them that way. Pit bulls are extremely sweet, and that should be hard for me to say considering my dog died from a pit bull attack...his leg, were I to have gotten to him on time, would have had to be amputated. But I know that the real reason that happened was because of people--not because of the dogs.
Please stop spreading misinformation. Posts like yours are the reason we have so many pitbull attacks. Potential owners read things like this, they think Pitbulls are like any other breed and they go on to buy them without knowing how to handle the breed. Look up statistics. Pitbulls are responsible for a ridiculous amount of attacks,and most of them were attacks on their own owner or attacks on children. They're the most dangerous breed.

ยท
Retired Administrator
16,773 Posts
Please stop spreading misinformation. Posts like yours are the reason we have so many pitbull attacks. Potential owners read things like this, they think Pitbulls are like any other breed and they go on to buy them without knowing how to handle the breed. Look up statistics. Pitbulls are responsible for a ridiculous amount of attacks,and most of them were attacks on their own owner or attacks on children. They're the most dangerous breed.
edit: I said some pretty rude things here--and they can be seen in my edit history.

And I will say--I don't have any problem with people caring about children. I spent years of my life keeping many children safe--keeping them from choking or hurting themselves, careing for them when they had accidents or got sick etc. etc. etc. However, I still think this was rude and uncalled for.

ยท
Registered
INFP 6w5 648
318 Posts
edit: I said some pretty rude things here--and they can be seen in my edit history.

But if you don't know anything about pitbulls than statistics, you're probably pretty ignorant, and I don't feel like listening to your bologna, as important as you seem to think it is.

So please f off.

Also--sorry for telling you to f off but I really don't appreciate your immature attitude. Now I'm going to post videos of pit bulls.

Do you want me to post videos and pictures of mauled children by pitbulls? I would but I'm pretty sure it's against the rules.

I didn't read your post before your edit unfortunately.

You have zero arguments and you're dangerous. I hope the next Pitbull will decide to maul someone like (guess) instead of an innocent child.

The fact that you ignore statistics is amusing.

ยท
Retired Administrator
16,773 Posts
Do you want me to post videos and pictures of mauled children by pitbulls? I would but I'm pretty sure it's against the rules.

I didn't read your post before your edit unfortunately.

You have zero arguments and you're dangerous. I hope the next Pitbull will decide to maul someone like (guess) instead of an innocent child.

The fact that you ignore statistics is amusing.
Whatever Andy--I hope you feel very proud of yourself telling me I should be mauled by a pitbull because I said that pitbulls are generally good dogs, from my experience, except when they are trained for fighting.

edit: Also just want to say here--I think it's disgusting to tell someone you hope they were mauled by a dog because they said it's the trainers and people who make bad dogs and not the dog. So just saying...hopefully it wasn't serious, but if it is then I think you should perhaps consider how disgusting that is.

ยท
Registered
INFP 6w5 648
318 Posts
Whatever Andy--I hope you feel very proud of yourself telling me I should be mauled by a pitbull because I said that pitbulls are generally good dogs, from my experience, except when they are trained for fighting.

I like how you like to tell someone who's experienced violent dog behavior firsthand, as I said my own dog had been literally killed--literally had his leg chewed off (and I had to pepper spray the offensive dog)-that they should be mauled by a pitbull because they dare to say that the dogs themselves, in their experience, aren't bad dogs. But that it's the culture of fighting dogs that's damaging--and breeding them for fighting.

Kindly fuck the fuck off now. Thanks.

Goodbye. Don't accidentally fuck yourself on the way out, unless you want to.
Your experience doesn't matter at all. Statistics matter more. Your experience can easily be contradicted by other people's experiences. And you just said your dog git killed by a Pitbull, how is that an argument of how they AREN'T dangerous?

The entire breed was bred for fighting.

I'm not the one going around telling people to fuck off for daring to say something that is easily provable.

Bye.

ยท
Retired Administrator
16,773 Posts
Your experience doesn't matter at all. Statistics matter more. Your experience can easily be contradicted by other people's experiences. And you just said your dog git killed by a Pitbull, how is that an argument of how they AREN'T dangerous?

The entire breed was bred for fighting.

I'm not the one going around telling people to fuck off for daring to say something that is easily provable.

Bye.
Bye Andy

ยท
Registered
90 Posts
I do. But I think animals are better off without humans with everything they are doing! There are exceptions though like a careful owner having a good pet.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts