Personality Cafe banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

ยท
Registered
INTJ8w9โญโญโญโญโญ๐ŸŒ€๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงกโค๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ตั•ฯƒฯ…โ„“๐”๐‘๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐๐’โ™กโšโ›“๐Ÿชแ’แ‘Œแ”•T แ—ชO YOแ‘Œแ–‡ แ—ทEแ”•T!
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

The Ten Narcissistic Commandments
Ten Narcissistic Commandments

Are you feeling mentally drained but unable to figure out why your partner or a friend behaved so and so? Well, when dealing with a narcissist, you will always find their behaviour confusing. Theyโ€™re quite unpredictable! To help you out hereโ€™re ten narcissistic commandments that you should know.
Font Poster Terrestrial plant Advertising History

The Ten Narcissistic Commandments

Rules 1. I am right. You are wrong.
Everything I say and do is founded in the logic of my world and it follows that has to be right. It equally follows therefore that whatever you say and do is wrong. I cannot ever allow you to be seen to be right because that means I am ceding control to somebody whom I regard as inferior. This undermines my sense of superiority.

Maintaining this state of me being right and you being wrong requires various manipulative techniques including blame-shifting, projection, denial, and deflection. Of course, I am relying on your need to be understood and your desire to change me that you will always approach this stance of mine head-on. My position will seem illogical to you and you will react to it and keep doing so.
Related: How Flying Monkeys Help a Narcissist and how you can save yourself

2. There is no you and me. There is only me.

You are purely an extension of myself. I want to subsume everything about you into me. This is part of the reason why I seduce you with such totality. I am unable to discern where you begin and where I end. I regard you as an appliance that is to be plugged into me and is there to do my bidding, providing me with fuel, looking after me and responding to everything that I command. I forbid you to act independently of me, have interests beyond me and to interact with others. I am what is important. You must focus on me and only me. Your needs become secondary to my needs.

3. Do as I say, not as I do.

Do not question me. Who are you to question someone as brilliant as me? Know your place. Submit to me and carry out my whims. Accede to my commands. I am entitled to do as I please and therefore any contradiction in my behaviour is a mistaken belief on your part. You may regard what I say and do as hypocrisy but you are wrong once again. This is pragmatism on my part and that is why I succeed whilst you fail.
Related: The Narcissistic Personality: Understanding Them And Ways To Better Tolerate Them

4. One is never enough

Such is my might that one of you is not enough to sustain me. It is my right to gain fuel from all those that I interact with. This means I will be unfaithful but my infidelity is purely a means to an end. By all means react to my affairs and indiscretions, for it is all excellent fuel for me, but you will not stop me from taking another.

Expect to be triangulated with other people and objects, for my appetite is so vast I must have many supply lines of fuel and this means you will become a cog inside a vast machine, as wheels turn within wheels.

5. Your pain is my gain
I cannot exist without drawing negative fuel from you at some point. It is retribution for your failings. There is no hope for an alternative. Your devaluation will happen as it has with many before you and those who are yet to come. It is a process and your agony, hurt and distress is purely part of the necessary equation to sustain me. It is drawn from you through many machinations, some you may see and others you will not.
Related: Exposed: Top 6 Double Standards of a Narcissist

6. You are worthless yet I will never leave you alone
You are inferior to me and that inferiority infuriates me since I am reminded that I must depend on someone weak and pathetic.

7. I am everywhere. I am everything
I am omnipotent and omniscient. I have my spies and errand boys all around as they feed me information about you which I can then use against you and to further my agendas. I have my Lieutenants carrying out my orders without question. I instil myself in every aspect of your life, making you see me, hear me and smell me, even after I am no longer physically near you.

I imbue my essence into so much that my toxic memory pervades you for years after you have been cast aside, allowing me to return triumphant, as if nothing ever happened, to draw you into my false world once more.

Related: How to Play the Narcissistโ€™s Game (And Beat Him At It)

8. The games are always being played.
The quest for fuel is unending. To achieve this I must engage in repeated and sustained manipulations and machinations. You and others are but pawns on my giant chessboard as I move you hither and thither in order to achieve my aims. I plot, plan and scheme before I organize, arrange and orchestrate.

Each and every day I must engage in these nefarious games in order to secure my existence and as my chosen primary appliance you will be caught in this malicious web, right in the centre. My game-playing means nothing is as it seems, that truth is a stranger to me and lies flow from my mouth as easily as expelled breath.

9. I will never change
I will issue false promises of changing, empty protestations that I shall seek help and perfidious declarations of knowing I need to alter my behavior but I never shall. I deny what I am, although, for the most part, I know full well what I am. I see no reason to change. Why should I when this how I have been created? Why should I when this is all I know? Why should I when it is all your fault anyway?

Related: 4 Key Behaviors A Narcissist Displays That Reveals Their True Colors

10. Fuel is the rule.
Fuel is at the centre of everything that I do. My actions and decisions are based on acquiring the precious resource. My interaction with strangers, minions, acquaintances, and friends is all hinged on the gathering of fuel. The way in which I deal with colleagues and family is always based on the greatest potential for the collection of fuel. My thoughts are invaded with the need to gain fuel, my actions are dictated by the requirement to garner fuel. Fuel is the reason you were chosen. Fuel is the reason you were seduced, debased and discarded. Fuel is why I came back. Again and again.

Fuel is everything.

Pages: 1 2
Abuse, insta, Narcissist / manipulation, narcissist personality, narcissist tactics
About The Author

HG Tudor
I am HG Tudor. I am a narcissistic sociopath (some state psychopath โ€“ this remains a matter of debate by the profession concerning the current application of sociopath or psychopath). By my terminology, I am a Greater Elite Narcissist. You will learn here what that means along with all about the other types of narcissists and empaths too. I convey this is an effective manner based on my perspective. I know what I am and I know the best way to communicate this to you. I am a very effective communicator. I write extensively about what this means and what I am. I have practiced this dark art for many years, I have honed and crafted my abilities. I am aware of what I am and I am engaged in understanding why I am this way and why I act as I do. I am sharing these ongoing revelations.HG Tudor is the author of several books. View complete list of books here

13 Ways Emotionally Intelligent People Handle Toxic People
Facial expression Human Jaw Sleeve Mammal

Do you feel drained when talking to toxic people? Donโ€™t know how to control or maintain a distance from them? Itโ€™s time to boost your emotional intelligence! Emotionally intelligent people can well manage their own emotions as well as the emotions of others.

They seek out positivity have a knack for being able to handle negative people. So, they can easily handle difficult situations in life.
Here are 13 ways emotionally intelligent people handle toxic people:
handle toxic people info

1. They Maintain Distance With Complainers
People with a negative mindset can only see the hole in the doughnut. They complain about anything and everything and drown themselves in self-pity. Due to the victim mentality, toxic people focus only on the problems and fail to come up with solutions. Also, they transfer their negative energy to people around them to feel less shitty about themselves. Being sympathetic towards them is a foolish act. You will end up in a pessimistic loop.

Emotionally intelligent people set limits and distance even when they lend a sympathetic ear to a toxic person. They can direct the conversation towards something that is more positive and productive when the victim rants about his problems. They will ask questions like what is your next plan? How would they like to solve the problem?
Stay Away From Negative People
Read 12 Signs Someone Might Be Emotionally Unstable

2. They Donโ€™t Give Up
People who worked hard to become successful understand the need to try the 100th time even though they failed 99 times. They donโ€™t lose hope and keep fighting with the toxic person. Emotionally intelligent people understand and respond to emotions first. So, they pick the right kind of battles and hold their ground when the time is right.

3. They Rise Above
Toxic people are unreasonable and irrational! Giving an emotional response to their arguments will leave you emotionally drained. Emotionally intelligent people donโ€™t try to defeat them. They deal with such people like you deal with a science project โ€“ just respond to the facts, the emotional chaos doesnโ€™t need your energy.

4. They Have High Emotional Awareness
Awareness is the key to emotionally distancing yourself from negative people. When you are aware of what you want and why you want and have mental clarity, you will know when the trigger is happening. You can stop a mentally twisted person from triggering you.
Imagine a mentally unstable person calling you mad. What will you do? Try to correct him? An emotionally intelligent person will smile and nod. To straighten difficult people you need an emotional guard, proper planning and time.
Read 8 Things That Emotionally Intelligent People NEVER Do

5. They Set Boundaries
Most people are poor at setting boundaries because they live with toxic people or in a toxic environment and are sucked into the chaos. Setting boundaries help you rise above a twisted person, and predict their manners and behavior, and know when to put up with them and when you need not. Be at the office or neighborhood, you might have to interact with a toxic person, but you donโ€™t need to have one-on-one interactions just as you do with other colleagues or neighbors or friends and folks.
A Lack Of Boundaries Invites A Lack Of Respect.
Without boundaries you are sure to be consumed by difficult situations and unpleasant conversations. Those who consciously set boundaries are better able to decide about when and how to talk to a difficult person. By proactively setting boundaries, emotionally intelligent people tend to have a control of things. You can stand your ground and manage people trying to intrude in your personal space, which they invariably will.

6. They Donโ€™t Mind What Others Think Of Them
Emotionally intelligent people know how to be masters of their own happiness. They know their strengths and are satisfied with their achievements. They donโ€™t compare their life and success with those around them. Being emotionally intelligent means having high self-worth. They donโ€™t seek validation or wait for others to appreciate when they are proud of something they have done. What others think of them is neither the source of their pleasure nor distress.

Being emotionally intelligent doesnโ€™t always mean you will be indifferent to what others are saying, but to take the opinion with a pinch of salt. You are not what others are trying to portray you to be. In doing so you will have control on your joy and happiness. No one can manipulate you or break your confidence or limit your joy.

Pages: 1 2
Self Development, insta, Toxic Relationship / abuse, emotionally intelligent, toxic people
Post navigation
What Happens When You See The Narcissist After No Contact?
How Healthy Thinking Techniques Can Help You Deal With Your Problems Better
About The Author

Louisa Davis
Hi there! I'm just a normal person enjoying the process of life. Practicing Buddhism, I believe in the law of cause and effect. Reading and writing is always a pleasure. I enjoy researching on a range of subjects โ€“ science, psychology, and technology. Nothing can satiate my soul than good music, horror movies, psycho-thriller, and crime stuff. I enjoy photography, music and watching comedy videos. Talking to people, learning new experiences, sharing my knowledge through blogs, motivating others are things that I always look forward to.
7 thoughts on โ€œ13 Ways Emotionally Intelligent People Handle Toxic Peopleโ€
Show Comments

MENTAL HEALTH TOPICS
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Depression
Anxiety
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
More Topics
MENTAL HEALTH TESTS
Depression Test
PTSD Test
Extraversion & Introversion Test
Emotional Intelligence Test
More Tests

Mind Journal Diary

Journal your way to Mindfulness. Use Mood Tracker to identify your emotional wellbeing.

POPULAR MENTAL HEALTH TOPICS
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Depression
Anxiety
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
More Topics
POPULAR MENTAL HEALTH TESTS
Depression Test
PTSD Test
Extraversion & Introversion Test
Emotional Intelligence Test
More Tests

ยท
Registered
INFJ - MM BP/C(S), 825
445 Posts
There's a layer of Narcissist that's missing here: The Self-Aware Narcissist that's so good at playing games, they can go undetected by the untrained heart.

These are the Narcissists that have enough experience to realize that people can detect them, and add another layer to their tendencies by knowing when/how to pull away, and how to make you come chasing them instead of the inverse.

The best way to sniff out this kind of narcissist is to ask questions in person, and watch their unconscious reactions. Because once you go that deep, it's hard to keep up all the layers without your real emotions coming through.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts