Personality Cafe banner

๐—ช๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜'๐˜€ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜‚๐—ฎ๐—ด๐—ฒ๏ฟฝ ๐Ÿ’Œ

• ๐—ช๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—ฑ๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฎ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • ๐—”๐—ฐ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ฆ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • ๐—š๐—ถ๐—ณ๐˜๐˜€

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ๐—ค๐˜‚๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ถ๐˜๐˜† ๐—ง๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฒ

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • ๐—ฃ๐—ต๐˜†๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ง๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ต

Votes: 3 8.8%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

ยท
Registered
INTJ8w9โญโญโญโญโญ๐ŸŒ€๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงกโค๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ตั•ฯƒฯ…โ„“๐”๐‘๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐๐’โ™กโšโ›“๐Ÿชแ’แ‘Œแ”•T แ—ชO YOแ‘Œแ–‡ แ—ทEแ”•T!
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(๏ฟฝ_๏ฟฝ)

Reactions: Penny and DJ Venti

ยท
Registered
๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŽนโ˜ฎ INFJ TinyDancer KarateKid SoccerMom GingerMagic 479 sx/sp ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’‹
5,017 Posts
Quality time and physical touch are pretty even

ยท
INFP
7,063 Posts
Depending how I think about it, all but acts of services could seem like top choices. Acts of services seems more like general groups solidarity to me I think, I struggle to relate it to a personal love. Gifts, not as in getting a necklace with a gem in it or something along those lines, it is more about gestures, effort, and symbolic communication, and similar to words of affirmation in that way, but less about affirming, and more about getting to know well, and a bit like acts of services, but it is more like helping out and providing something more for the inner than physical needs and shores, like provide aesthetic, emotional connections... I feel a bit divided on quality time, sometimes it seems very important, sometimes not...

ยท
Registered
INTJ 5w6 531 so/sp ILI-Ni
437 Posts
Acts of service is my main love language, though of course I like spending (just enough, not too much) quality time with my partner.
I notice as well that I can get pretty affectionate with him at times, both physical and verbal. Gifts don't mean too much for me.

ยท
Registered
โ™‚๏ธ INFJ 5w4 (593) // IEI-Ni
4,830 Posts
I try to do all of them. Perhaps the main one is quality time.

Reactions: X10E8

ยท
Registered
25,809 Posts
I honestly am not sure. I thought it was quality time, but when I read that chart, I can't imagine talking endlessly with anyone. Like meet someone and have a conversation about something(s) for a few hours? Yes I can totally see myself doing and enjoying that. But at home, just talking and talking? I don't know. Maybe I've never met anyone that I've had that kind of chemistry with...

I remember this person at work who'd constantly talk to me, which I think I may have liked(the persistence) because they were direct in their interest of being my friend, but we worked together, and our mental frequencies or ability to accept each others' quirks matched up a bit along with being forced to see each other; but even then, it's not like the conversations we were having were something I'd want to be doing 24/7. On the other hand, I think I'm content/'happy' just sitting in a space with someone while they're doing something and I something else. Quality proximity? Is that a thing??

I don't know if it's related to intro/extroversion or just something us boring people go through, but I'm mostly in my mind a lot looking at the world around me(a literal ghost in the shell popped into my head for some reason reading that back), and letting whatever thoughts I have go through my head while I watch/interact with them(the thoughts). Being able to do that but check back in with one another from time to time within our shared realm seems 'normal'.

It's like living twice(or multiple times) in one time frame(which I'm sure everyone does). Like, if you're thinking about your morning, or what you plan to do when you go home. Maybe your spouse and your child is there, or maybe you're just thinking about something you watched/read/heard, or something related that is entirely your own thought, your plans, your future etc... while your physical presence is going through the motions of what it needs to do in order to get from point A of your day to point Z. Living simultaneously like that, but then also adding another presence into that mix... It's weird, isn't it?

Even when we have conversations with one another it's like there is that conversation we're having about something that really has no importance but makes us 'feel' good about being heard or seen - our thoughts and ideas validated. Though maybe all I really want I think is that underlying knowing or acceptance that of a two against the world kind of thing. Maybe that is too make believe. Maybe it is too childish and naive. Is it?

So maybe my love language is physical touch, which I've always related with sexual touch; but maybe I've just been wrong to assume that. Also, I think I'm pretty good at acts of service and gift giving. Though the latter is really problematic because I tend to do research into buying things for myself, and then I see people around me and want them to have as good, so I end up spending too much. It's something that I have to consciously stop myself from doing, but then I feel really bad about it because they can't share in whatever I'm enjoying lol.

ยท
Not Banned Yet
INTJ _ 9w8 _ Sp/sx _ LIE - Ni _ VLEF
3,731 Posts
Quality time is probably rather common because it is required to bond with someone and form a deeper connection.

But other than that it is the obvious first choice for me, I can go out of my way to enjoy it with someone at times.

I greatly prefer to spend a day enjoying conversations, walks or some activities that encourage intimate discussion and have no contact with my interest until we can have quality time again over being together often but distracted.

My second love language is probably physical touch since it's the only not limited way to show affection in romantic relationships.

The last one would probably be acts of service, I enjoy helping people I care about solve problems in their lives if I can.

ยท
Registered
Nemophilist
2,494 Posts
I picked quality time. Physical touch would probably be second, followed by acts of service, then gifts, then words.

I thought the gifts one was really materialistic sounding at first, but I am friends with someone who seems to have this as their primary or secondary "love language". It's like she's saying, "Even when we're apart, I'm thinking about you, delight in being reminded of you, and have your interests and needs in mind." It's very sweet and nurturing sort of expression.

ยท
Registered
153 Posts
Quality time, but I often don't have that, and it feels lonely, it feels lonely even though I am surrounded by people, I am afraid of people's presence, not their minds, and it's not easy to go from small talk, or about what is occurring or what to do together, to a deep conversation, which will make everything else not matter, but even little things like small talk and just chillin' are treasures and time shared with others is a gift.

ยท
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE
20,595 Posts
Words of affirmation and quality time.

ยท
Registered
3,853 Posts
Physical touch and quality time but the latter also includes time away from each other, respecting each other's need for down time and privacy.

ยท
Registered
858 Posts
I wonder if certain personality types have a tendency to gravitate to certain love languages?
Like would xSTJs or strong Te/Se/Si users appreciate acts of service?
Would stronger Se users prefer gifts/physical/acts
Would strong Fe users prefer verbal encouragement?
Dunno... just wondering.

ยท
Registered
3,853 Posts
I wonder if certain personality types have a tendency to gravitate to certain love languages?
Like would xSTJs or strong Te/Se/Si users appreciate acts of service?
Would stronger Se users prefer gifts/physical/acts
Would strong Fe users prefer verbal encouragement?
Dunno... just wondering.
I suspect there's correlation between cognitive functions and love languages but with primary stacking order impact. Fs will be applying their dom/aux because they prioritize relationships where Ts would be applying our tert/relief and inferior functions because they're a component of relaxation.

ยท
Registered
3,915 Posts
I honestly am not sure. I thought it was quality time, but when I read that chart, I can't imagine talking endlessly with anyone. Like meet someone and have a conversation about something(s) for a few hours? Yes I can totally see myself doing and enjoying that. But at home, just talking and talking?
I wouldn't want to talk all the time either. :D But I also interpret it as spending time together and feeling so comfortable that words are unnecessary sometimes. That you don't feel awkward with no talking. Silence carries.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts