Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

ยท
Registered
INTJ8w9โญโญโญโญโญ๐ŸŒ€๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงกโค๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ตั•ฯƒฯ…โ„“๐”๐‘๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐๐’โ™กโšโ›“๐Ÿชแ’แ‘Œแ”•T แ—ชO YOแ‘Œแ–‡ แ—ทEแ”•T!
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
๐—ช๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ป๐˜€ ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ผ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜‚๐—ด๐—น๐˜† ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๏ฟฝ
Originally Answered on Qoura
Rectangle Font Parallel Thermometer Number

Here Iโ€™m going to compare and contrast social ques and other miscellaneous behaviors you receive whether itโ€™s being ugly or attractive. I do not state this to be demotivating or cruel. Everyone is beautiful and not everyone thinks the same. I wish looks truly didnโ€™t matter but this is life. I consider myself average.

How People Tend Treat You, When You Are Unattractive In IRL:

You do not receive a lot of attention in general, whether it is in person or on online if you reveal yourself, so when you are online you tend to protect yourself with a anonymous like avatar or profile.

2. People openly criticize you or insult you for your looks.

3. People are less engaged and harsher when they talk with you. People are less interested.

4. Whether you are a guy or girl (mostly young or in school) people will mess with you or pull jokes. This is because they feel you are below them and have no fear in openly embarrassing you.

5. You constantly care about what you look like or are constantly dissatisfied with how you look (this doesnโ€™t apply to everyone).

6. You have very few friends. People may be friendly to you but they are not true friends. (This is either out of guilt or general courtesy) People treat you differently than everyone else. You may notice a common avoidance from everyone. You may be excluded from certain social events in which everyone else is invited to attend.

7. On social media you get very few likes or compliments on your physical looks.

8. Difficulty with opposite sex. Whether it is attention, friendships or relationships, it is pretty scarce. Flirting or even simple compliments may be viewed as unwanted or creepy.

9. (Mostly applies to school) You are not friends with โ€œpopular kidsโ€. Most popular kids are attractive and they tend to ignore you, or try to associate with you as little as possible.

10. In general people are less sympathetic towards you and tend to be rude.

How People Tend Treat You, When You Are Attractive In IRL:

You receive a lot of unwanted attention. You get a lot of compliments even if youโ€™ve barely tried to look good.

2. It is easy to make friends, even if you are awkward people will generally accept you.

3. A lot of looks and attention from the opposite gender.

4. People in general are nicer.

5. Majority want to be your friend or more. The quote โ€œattractive people surround themselves with other attractive peopleโ€ applied also.

6. People generally assume you are shallow and unintelligent, that nothing lays beyond what you see.

7. Sometimes looks override personality and women/men are still attracted to them. Iโ€™ve personally seen really good looking people who treat others terribly get with anyone they desire.

8. You generally feel comfortable posting pictures of yourself.

9. People will smile and constantly look at you. Some people are more physical with you and sometimes act nervous around you.

10. You are rarely criticized. You receive more cushion when you make a mistake. It is sometimes easier to get away with things.

11. People will laugh at your jokes even if it is dry and not remotely comedic.

I have generated these two lists from personal experiences and from what I have generally noticed throughout my life. I have seen how โ€œuglyโ€ people have been treated whether they were a friend or an acquaintance.

I have also experienced being put on a pedestal and being completely transparent to people because of my looks. I wish people would accept each other because of personality rather than looks. Society is so harsh we need to change.

Reactions: Sensational

ยท
Registered
INTJ8w9โญโญโญโญโญ๐ŸŒ€๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงกโค๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ตั•ฯƒฯ…โ„“๐”๐‘๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐๐’โ™กโšโ›“๐Ÿชแ’แ‘Œแ”•T แ—ชO YOแ‘Œแ–‡ แ—ทEแ”•T!
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Sarah Miller writes from Qoura:

I've never been a beautiful girl and I unfortunately didn't grow up into a beautiful woman either, and I think I can give you signs based on my experiences:

1. People have to try very hard to find something โ€œattractiveโ€ about you when they try to give you a compliment (โ€œbut at least you have nice handsโ€ฆ") It usually sounds backhanded. It's worse when they say something like: โ€œYou seem better looking these days, more like your sisterโ€ฆโ€
  2. You barely have any success with the opposite sex, if you go to a bar you will usually stand alone, no dude will pay for your drinks and only incel-looking dudes will hit on you.
  3. The opposite sex treats you like one of the guys, again they don't hit on you. You are rarely harrassed on the street, and the concept of catcalling seems alien to you.
  4. Other males, such as males in relationship with one of your friends or your sister will usually give you very different compliments than usually given, such as they will comment on your intelligence instead. Older brothers of your female friends feel the need to tell you about the โ€œugly duckling".
  5. People such as your class mates will immediately assume you are single when they meet you, they cannot imagine that you could ever have a boyfriend. And older males or authority figures will never bring up your โ€œfuture husbandโ€ or any possible boyfriend, but they will say things about your career instead.
  6. You get pityful looks from other women and girls and you are often bullied and not included. This could also happen to very beautiful girls, and it stems from jealousy, but if there's another very attractive girl, and it doesn't happen to her, then you are probably the unattractive one.
  7. The boyfriends you had or have never show you off to their friends or family members, even worse when they keep you a secret, and horrible when you have no relationship, but he only fucks you till he has a beautiful girl to be in a relationship with.
  8. Other unattractive people and those who have low confidence all seem comfortable around you, and your female friends behave as though they don't have to worry if you could steal their boyfriend. Hell, I repeatedly slept at the houses of someone else's boyfriend. Adults such as teachers could also assume you are insecure and need help.
  9. People of various backgrounds and ages have told you that you are ugly, for no reason, I even had it written on a wall in my town. โ€œSarah Miller is ugly.โ€ Even my school counseler told me I am ugly.
  10. The last one: people aren't sure if you are male or female. One day I had done my hair and make up, and made a selfieโ€ฆ yet when a friend of my friend saw my profile pic, she said: โ€œIs that a boy?โ€ This has happened numerous times so I don't think she was trying to be mean. I also get called โ€œ******โ€ on the street by strangers. Mothers try to keep their children away from you as they assume you are a dangerous cross dresser or whatever bigoted thing they think.

ยท
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You are ugly when,

1. Your co-workers doesnโ€™t interact with you.
  2. Your boss is rude to you and gives you advice on how to improve your personality.
  3. Women co-workers tend to avoid you and they become uncomfortable when you are around them.
  4. People tend to be extra nice to you if when you are sad and rude to you when you are happy. Because they canโ€™t stand self-entitlement in a ugly dude.
  5. Girls tend to criticise on your looks and rude to you most of the time.
  6. You never get matches on Tinder even when you are told handsome by your mom.
  7. Accidently when you look at a stranger, they frown at you.
  8. Children frown at you and are repelled by you.
  9. You are a loner. Hardly people tend to be around you and people donโ€™t like it when you are around them.
  10. You are reading this.
Iโ€™m adult male:

• kids or teens openly mock or antagonize me
  • women donโ€™t show interest and I canโ€™t get a date
  • I get zero matches/messages on tinder or dating apps
  • bouncers immediately refuse to let me into bars or clubs
  • people are meaner, colder, harsher to me in general
  • people sometimes bark or spit at me even though I didnโ€™t do anything
I think my race plays a role as Iโ€™m an Asian living in North America, but I was treated similarly or even worse while living in Asia.

ยท
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
When they look at you like you are disgusting.

Thatโ€™s a sign.

When they actually tell you, youโ€™re unattractive.

Thatโ€™s a pretty clear sign too.

Empathy is a much rarer skill than you'd like to think, my dear. Most people don't know what anything they haven't felt feels like. And words are, in the end, inadequate. But I can try.

I learned a long time ago not to care much about what other people think about me. It was hard at first but as I got older I found I cared less about things that didnโ€™t matter. The only person you have to worry about is you and you simply need to be the best you that you can be.

Just remember people have their opinions and some of them will be negative AF and you/we shouldnโ€™t take it like itโ€™s gospel and law. Especially when it comes to looks.

Fuck Em!

ยท
Registered
ENTJ
1,804 Posts
Sarah Miller writes from Qoura:

I've never been a beautiful girl and I unfortunately didn't grow up into a beautiful woman either, and I think I can give you signs based on my experiences:

1. You barely have any success with the opposite sex, if you go to a bar you will usually stand alone, no dude will pay for your drinks and only incel-looking dudes will hit on you.
  2. The opposite sex treats you like one of the guys, again they don't hit on you. You are rarely harrassed on the street, and the concept of catcalling seems alien to you.
  3. Other unattractive people and those who have low confidence all seem comfortable around you, and your female friends behave as though they don't have to worry if you could steal their boyfriend. Hell, I repeatedly slept at the houses of someone else's boyfriend. Adults such as teachers could also assume you are insecure and need help.
So basically an unattractive woman dissing unattractive men even though both are unattractive lul.

You barely have any success with the opposite sex, if you go to a bar you will usually stand alone, no dude will pay for your drinks and only incel-looking dudes will hit on you.
Like if you know you're unattractive and unattractive men who you just assume are "incels" hit on you and you're upset by this then IDK wtf to say, you expect Henry Cavil to pick u out of everyone else even though you're unattractive or something?

ยท
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So basically an unattractive woman dissing unattractive men even though both are unattractive lul.

Like if you know you're unattractive and unattractive men who you just assume are "incels" hit on you and you're upset by this then IDK wtf to say, you expect Henry Cavil to pick u out of everyone else even though you're unattractive or something?
Well, it's interesting to see how far you can see into it.

I'm not unattractive, but I'm not attractive either, apparently. The guys inside my head/body are telling me.

ยท
Registered
ESTJ
1,039 Posts

Glitch in the matrix, looking at a movie with him.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: X10E8

ยท
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

As INTJ female, I can attest.
Even if I were a 1/10 female or a 5/10 average looking female, I'd still require the best sperm, sperm 10/10, which is only accessible from the best good looking handsome people.

Even dating a guy who is 7/10 and 1 of less attractive than me, provides me no reciprocal benefit because I am a female; it will be thrilling for him, but not for me, because guy 7/10 has sperm that is 7/10, which isn't good enough, when I'm 8/10 and sperm genome is 7/10 resulting in a poorer quality baby resulting in a sadder child. For all girls, Sperm 10/10 is the optimal optimum. If the girl is a 6/10, the minimum sperm requirement is 6/10 from a 6/10 guy. It cannot be less than 6/10, no 5/10, no 4/10, no 3/10, as this will degrade the quality of the baby. From an evolutionary standpoint, higher DNA sperm seed gathering or equal quality to the woman is the unhinged evolutionary law.

To put it in terms:
The most sophisticated superior genes must be extracted from these guys' sperm in order to generate the best baby with wonderful genetics. I don't mind being around guys 1/10, but in the grand scheme of things, it's unimportant as a female, and even harmful.

let's just say I'm 1/10 female with a 1/10 guy, What kind of child do you think we'd have? Yes, another one-tenth, thus perpetuating the deformed pattern of poor genetics for human society. As a female, it is my responsibility to ensure that the children we raise inherit better genes, resulting in a better human society.

So, if I'm a 1/10 girl and I chase down a guy 10/10 and eventually get his 10/10 seed, I can raise much healthier, much more genetically beautiful babies than if I chose the 2/10 or 1/10 guys, but I could choose these guys as long term partners to raise kids with because they are more likely to commit than those 10/10 guys who are likely to be short term because if I'm a 1/10 female, unless I'm 10/10 myself, then the 10/10 guy would commit.

So the most sophisticated superior genes must be extracted from these guys' sperm in order to generate the best baby with wonderful genetics. I don't mind being around guys 1/10, but in the grand scheme of things, it's unimportant as a female, since I need sperm 10/10 to birth the most sophisticated, healthiest baby possible.
๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ‘ถ

Conclusions
Attractive people with attractive people and ugly people with ugly people, With the exception of women who can get the seeds of more intelligent attractive males to build more genetically beautiful looking intelligent human beings, and better genes mean better survival, the more likely they are to be happy and thrive, more likely to be accepted and pass on their genes, we hate to admit it, but this is the reality of the situation.

Many people become afraid and hurt at this point because they realise they won't be prioritised, that no one wants them, that no one will be there to help them in their time of need, and that their internet buddies won't be able to help them because one, most of their accounts are fake, implying that this person isn't who they say they are, and two, their buddies are fucking too far away, most likely in different countries.

They realise that they were valued by no one because they were valued by no oneโ€”Now, you probably don't feel lonely because you love yourself, but this overwhelming sense of loneliness and grief will eventually catch up with you, and no amount of logic or calculation will ever be able to compensate for their Feeling Brain's never-ending struggle to find hope in this world.

ยท
Registered
ESTJ
1,039 Posts
As INTJ female, I can attest.
Even if I were a 1/10 female or a 5/10 average looking female, I'd still require the best sperm, sperm 10/10, which is only accessible from the best good looking handsome people.

Even dating a guy who is 7/10 and 1 of less attractive than me, provides me no reciprocal benefit because I am a female; it will be thrilling for him, but not for me, because guy 7/10 has sperm that is 7/10, which isn't good enough, when I'm 8/10 and sperm genome is 7/10 resulting in a poorer quality baby resulting in a sadder child. For all girls, Sperm 10/10 is the optimal optimum. If the girl is a 6/10, the minimum sperm requirement is 6/10 from a 6/10 guy. It cannot be less than 6/10, no 5/10, no 4/10, no 3/10, as this will degrade the quality of the baby. From an evolutionary standpoint, higher DNA sperm seed or equal quality to the woman is recommended.

To put it in terms:
The most sophisticated superior genes must be extracted from these guys' sperm in order to generate the best baby with wonderful genetics. I don't mind being around guys 1/10, but in the grand scheme of things, it's unimportant as a female, and even harmful.

let's just say I'm 1/10 female with a 1/10 guy, What kind of child do you think we'd have? Yes, another one-tenth, thus perpetuating the deformed pattern of poor genetics for human society. As a female, it is my responsibility to ensure that the children we raise inherit better genes, resulting in a better human society.

So, if I'm a 1/10 girl and I chase down a guy 10/10 and eventually get his 10/10 seed, I can raise much healthier, much more genetically beautiful babies than if I chose the 2/10 or 1/10 guys, but I could choose these guys as long term partners to raise kids with because they are more likely to commit than those 10/10 guys who are likely to be short term because if I'm a 1/10 female, unless I'm 10/10 myself, then the 10/10 guy would commit.

So the most sophisticated superior genes must be extracted from these guys' sperm in order to generate the best baby with wonderful genetics. I don't mind being around guys 1/10, but in the grand scheme of things, it's unimportant as a female, since I need sperm 10/10 to birth the most sophisticated, healthiest baby possible.
Do you like Ayn Rand? I'm getting serious Ayn Rand vibes rn lol.

Reactions: X10E8

ยท
Retired Administrator
19,578 Posts
Much of what makes a person beautiful or ugly has to do with their environment and the values of the society around them, not what genes are actually advantageous.

Someone can be fat because genetically and culturally they are more adapted to famine--it's not "beautiful" in a society in which there are excesses of food, but eliminating people who can withstand famine from the gene pool (in favor of people with less efficient metabolisms) is ridiculous and would result in humanity collapsing at the next serious famine which could be due to environmental disasters or changes of the country's economics.

So there's no such thing as "objectively" 5/10 sperm or whatever--it all depends on the environment you are adapting to. That's why we have variation and why we even have sex, rather than just cloning ourselves, because the genetic variation is what keeps our species thriving.

Tallness--again--often seen as beautiful and yet taller people tend to suffer health problems and end up dying younger than shorter people. In some environments it's far more advantageous to be shorter than taller, and yet currently our society has decided tallness is attractive--which imo is fine, but it's not like the whims of a society/culture or one's personal preferences are testament to the superiority of some genes over others though.

Blue eyes vs. brown--in some regions of the world people suffer from Vitamin D deficiency, and having blue eyes can help prevent that (well, fair skin). Some regions people have serious problems with solar radiation and having brown eyes/darker skin is advantageous to prevent skin cancer and sunburn. One isn't superior to the other--they are just different, and a society valuing one trait over another isn't likely doing it for logical reasons. Neither are most people who have personal preferences for certain looks.

ยท
Registered
2,866 Posts
Wow, nothing like fueling paranoia about body image by encouraging people to pay attention to degrading remarks as fact, or assume what other people think based on spurious criteria like social media likes. Thanks Quora. Doing a great service.

ยท
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's a understandable response, and I'm fine with it.:)

ยท
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do you like Ayn Rand? I'm getting serious Ayn Rand vibes rn lol.

Oooo i like that.
Ayn Rand is a pretty cool person.

Reactions: deafcrossfitter

ยท
Registered
2,866 Posts
That's a understandable response, and I'm fine with it.:)
Imagine approaching a 13 year old with these listsโ€ฆ or having them stumble on it one day while feeling particularly worried about whether or not their nose is โ€œtoo bigโ€, or similar, because some jerk in class called then big noseโ€ฆ say it is your daughter, or sister, or nephew, or cousin. Imagine giving them the message, โ€œNow Kid, this is how to tell if youโ€™re attractive. This is super important. 1) Do people bully you? Well, you must be ugly. 2) Are people nice? You must be beautiful, because otherwise they would ignore you, at best. 3) Are you popular? Only attractive people can be popularโ€ฆโ€

Who would think it appropriate to instruct anyone self-conscious about their appearance in this way? Whatโ€™s the point?

ยท
Registered
545 Posts
Guys still line up for mingers though, which will heighten their belief of how attractive they are. Just because a 10/10 dude will pump and dump a minger though, does not mean she is viewed as anything else but pump and dump material by more attractive guys.

But yeah, I do see the hilarious hypocrisy. Its like super obese dudes complaining they cannot get slim women.

ยท
Registered
545 Posts
This gets more complicated however when self image comes into play. If you view yourself as unattractive, yet people are more likely to treat you as an attractive person, it can get messy. Trust me, been there, lived through that.

ยท
Retired Administrator
19,578 Posts
Guys still line up for mingers though, which will heighten their belief of how attractive they are. Just because a 10/10 dude will pump and dump a minger though, does not mean she is viewed as anything else but pump and dump material by more attractive guys.

But yeah, I do see the hilarious hypocrisy. Its like super obese dudes complaining they cannot get slim women.
Do guys really have a hive mind?

I always thought men were individuals, but from your description, it seems they are kind of like insects or something, incapable of original thought.

Do you really think of men this way?

ยท
Registered
545 Posts
Do guys really have a hive mind?

I always thought men were individuals, but from your description, it seems they are kind of like insects or something, incapable of original thought.

Do you really think of men this way?
Not all guys. But have seen this happen enough times and have heard enough complaints from women about being used for sex. Pull O'clock really used to be a thing, it may still be... I dunno... think Tinder has destroyed that however. For better or worst, I do not know.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts