Personality Cafe banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts

ยท
Registered
ENTJ
1,733 Posts
Based on online studies via crunching the data on online dating apps, it appears that men "more fairly rate" women with a reasonable distribution (statistically it's obvious that the upper and lower echelons would be the least represented while the average should be the most represented).

Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel

VS women who pretty much voted over 81% of men as a sub 3/7 or lower and almost none over a 5/7.

So the average guy is not the same as an average woman, as you can see, the average guy is going to be in the 2/7 range while the average woman would be exactly average @ the 4/7 range.

ยท
Retired Administrator
19,517 Posts
Not all guys. But have seen this happen enough times and have heard enough complaints from women about being used for sex. Pull O'clock really used to be a thing, it may still be... I dunno... think Tinder has destroyed that however. For better or worst, I do not know.
Have you ever thought that maybe what you see in a woman isn't the same that other men see?

If you have real complaints about someone's character--like they could harm someone, then I think it makes sense to be alarmed and say something.

But you seem to be upset that other guys are interested in people you wouldn't be, which I think is sort of a silly thing to be upset about.

I have no idea what you are talking about with pull o'clock. I found some video but it still doesn't really explain.

ยท
Registered
533 Posts
Based on online studies via crunching the data on online dating apps, it appears that men "more fairly rate" women with a reasonable distribution (statistically it's obvious that the upper and lower echelons would be the least represented while the average should be the most represented).

View attachment 893169

VS women who pretty much voted over 81% of men as a sub 3/7 or lower and almost none over a 5/7.

So the average guy is not the same as an average woman, as you can see, the average guy is going to be in the 2/7 range while the average woman would be exactly average @ the 4/7 range.
True, but lets not paint men as the hero's here. There is still the other graph:

Not saying men are the villains, but it ain't all sunshine and rainbows.

ยท
Registered
533 Posts
Have you ever thought that maybe what you see in a woman isn't the same that other men see?
I am well aware of that.

If you have real complaints about someone's character--like they could harm someone, then I think it makes sense to be alarmed and say something.

But you seem to be upset that other guys are interested in people you wouldn't be, which I think is sort of a silly thing to be upset about.
No, I am just stating things I have observed in life. Many of these were from my time working in bars and nightclubs so I saw the same pattern, night in and night out.

I have no idea what you are talking about with pull o'clock. I found some video but it still doesn't really explain.

It was that time at night just before the clubs or bars shut. Guys start hitting on women they normally wouldn't in a last desperate attempt. Sometimes it works, sometimes it dosn't.

ยท
Retired Administrator
19,517 Posts
I am well aware of that.

No, I am just stating things I have observed in life. Many of these were from my time working in bars and nightclubs so I saw the same pattern, night in and night out.

It was that time at night just before the clubs or bars shut. Guys start hitting on women they normally wouldn't in a last desperate attempt. Sometimes it works, sometimes it dosn't.
It just sounds like desperate people though--which I think women can also be desperate.

It almost seems like you esteem random barfly men above barfly women, and I don't buy it.

Sounds like people who just want sex, which I don't see why there should be a double standard about that--stigmatizing women while pretending men who hit on women for sex are victims or something.

There's nothing wrong with asexuality either.

ยท
Registered
533 Posts
Sounds like people who just want sex, which I don't see why there should be a double standard about that--stigmatizing women while pretending men who hit on women for sex are victims or something.
Not sure where you got me saying men are victims from. I'm actually baffled.

ยท
Registered
658 Posts
๐—ช๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ป๐˜€ ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ผ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ธ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜‚๐—ด๐—น๐˜† ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ผ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๏ฟฝ
Originally Answered on Qoura
View attachment 893115
Here Iโ€™m going to compare and contrast social ques and other miscellaneous behaviors you receive whether itโ€™s being ugly or attractive. I do not state this to be demotivating or cruel. Everyone is beautiful and not everyone thinks the same. I wish looks truly didnโ€™t matter but this is life. I consider myself average.

How People Tend Treat You, When You Are Unattractive In IRL:

You do not receive a lot of attention in general, whether it is in person or on online if you reveal yourself, so when you are online you tend to protect yourself with a anonymous like avatar or profile.

2. People openly criticize you or insult you for your looks.

3. People are less engaged and harsher when they talk with you. People are less interested.

4. Whether you are a guy or girl (mostly young or in school) people will mess with you or pull jokes. This is because they feel you are below them and have no fear in openly embarrassing you.

5. You constantly care about what you look like or are constantly dissatisfied with how you look (this doesnโ€™t apply to everyone).

6. You have very few friends. People may be friendly to you but they are not true friends. (This is either out of guilt or general courtesy) People treat you differently than everyone else. You may notice a common avoidance from everyone. You may be excluded from certain social events in which everyone else is invited to attend.

7. On social media you get very few likes or compliments on your physical looks.

8. Difficulty with opposite sex. Whether it is attention, friendships or relationships, it is pretty scarce. Flirting or even simple compliments may be viewed as unwanted or creepy.

9. (Mostly applies to school) You are not friends with โ€œpopular kidsโ€. Most popular kids are attractive and they tend to ignore you, or try to associate with you as little as possible.

10. In general people are less sympathetic towards you and tend to be rude.

How People Tend Treat You, When You Are Attractive In IRL:

You receive a lot of unwanted attention. You get a lot of compliments even if youโ€™ve barely tried to look good.

2. It is easy to make friends, even if you are awkward people will generally accept you.

3. A lot of looks and attention from the opposite gender.

4. People in general are nicer.

5. Majority want to be your friend or more. The quote โ€œattractive people surround themselves with other attractive peopleโ€ applied also.

6. People generally assume you are shallow and unintelligent, that nothing lays beyond what you see.

7. Sometimes looks override personality and women/men are still attracted to them. Iโ€™ve personally seen really good looking people who treat others terribly get with anyone they desire.

8. You generally feel comfortable posting pictures of yourself.

9. People will smile and constantly look at you. Some people are more physical with you and sometimes act nervous around you.

10. You are rarely criticized. You receive more cushion when you make a mistake. It is sometimes easier to get away with things.

11. People will laugh at your jokes even if it is dry and not remotely comedic.

I have generated these two lists from personal experiences and from what I have generally noticed throughout my life. I have seen how โ€œuglyโ€ people have been treated whether they were a friend or an acquaintance.

I have also experienced being put on a pedestal and being completely transparent to people because of my looks. I wish people would accept each other because of personality rather than looks. Society is so harsh we need to change.
Well I guess according to this I am one remarkably gorgeous human being. But of course I already knew that. Even though I apperently scare some with my death glare.

ยท
Retired Administrator
19,517 Posts
Not sure where you got me saying men are victims from. I'm actually baffled.
Well...I guess it sounded like you were saying men are victims of their own preferences.

That men shouldn't want who they want.

But I get that you're probably describing an entirely different world than I'm, personally, used to understanding.

ยท
Registered
533 Posts
Well...I guess it sounded like you were saying men are victims of their own preferences.

That men shouldn't want who they want.

But I get that you're probably describing an entirely different world than I'm, personally, used to understanding.
I wasn't saying men should or shouldn't want/do anything. Your looking into this way deeper than me. I'm just saying what I have seen happen and see happen and hear about that reaffirms what I have seen. I'm not looking past surface level. And.... I'm not saying its the complete picture in regards to men and/or women. Just it does happen.

As far as Pull O'clock goes, I said nothing about victimhood. Only, its a thing.

ยท
Retired Administrator
19,517 Posts
I wasn't saying men should or shouldn't want/do anything. Your looking into this way deeper than me. I'm just saying what I have seen happen and see happen and hear about that reaffirms what I have seen. I'm not looking past surface level. And.... I'm not saying its the complete picture in regards to men and/or women. Just it does happen.

As far as Pull O'clock goes, I said nothing about victimhood. Only, its a thing.
I don't even understand what you mean by "pull o'clock" it is completely foreign to me.

ยท
Registered
INTJ8w9โญโญโญโญโญ๐ŸŒ€๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงกโค๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ตั•ฯƒฯ…โ„“๐”๐‘๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐๐’โ™กโšโ›“๐Ÿชแ’แ‘Œแ”•T แ—ชO YOแ‘Œแ–‡ แ—ทEแ”•T!
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Yes, we understand that saying these things to someone may cause them to have an emotional breakdown. Telling them that the reason you haven't gotten any girls on tinder is because you're unattractive can be hurtful, but I'm not saying this to put you down, okay? It wasn't your fault you were rejected, and it isn't your fault you look unattractive. dear one.

No matter what happens, Remember:

Don't Hate Your Self
Because Of It. Don't hate yourself. You're doing yourself no good here, bud, by not respecting yourself, by not loving yourself.
Cartoon Black hair Cg artwork Art Illustration

It's just the truth of your circumstance dear one; that's what I'm trying to tell you, I'm providing you with the Ti facts about why it's happening. So that you won't become upset and upset without understanding.

People underestimate how much a woman values beauty in a man, but having an attractive intelligent guy is far more important to a woman than it is to a man, because a woman needs the best seeds to build up the best kids, whereas a man doesn't need that, he doesn't get pregnant, he doesn't need good quality dna, he only needs it to make him feel good, but a woman requires a very good man or attractive man for good seeding. As a result, as much as women despise admitting it, we value attractiveness and intelligence significantly more than men do.

ยท
Registered
6,732 Posts
I definitely notice the difference. I'm pretty ugly so I notice all the subtle signs as well. I understand being attractive can give you lots of unwarranted attention and even things leading to stalking.

But it does get annoying when beautiful people say, "You don't want to be beautiful like me: all these things happen".

Yes but on the opposite end of the spectrum its rare anything happens for me.

So being in the middle, average- would be the best.

Anyway here's some things I've experienced.
People look away if you walk past, people avert their eyes straight away, people brush past you, people don't serve you at a shopping centre, or you get served after even though you were their first. People get irritated by you.
People choose to walk right around you or walk past the more attractive looking person. People give you quick floppy handshakes.
People talk to your friend or sibling rather than you (same gender friend or sibling especially.)
If you're in customer service people don't open up to you like they would to your colleagues.
Customers say they "don't need help".
If you notice men in the car speeding up to look at you in the car then they speed off straight away because they don't like you.
People speed walk past you, sometimes.

Reactions: X10E8

ยท
Registered
6,732 Posts
But hey it happens to a lot of people and ugly people also do it to each other too, so you know...

ยท
Registered
6,732 Posts
All this being said. I'm not disabled or anything. Because I imagine life could be very lonely for people with disabilities such as cerebal palsy or down syndrome.

ยท
Premium Member
4,941 Posts
I don't think I'm exactly ugly. But I was pretty pissed off once in a Chinese restaurant when a female worker talked to both my friends (who both happened to have cinnamon skin compared to my white skin), was really warm to them, asked them both where they're from, while she didn't so much as acknowledge that I was there. I mean okay, I get it. You think my friends are more attractive than me, and that's okay. I'm not trying to get laid here. But you could at least acknowledge that I'm even there, bitch. Or are you racist?

ยท
Registered
แดษดแด‡ แตƒโฟแตˆ แดษดสŸส
2,207 Posts
People underestimate how much a woman values beauty in a man, but having an attractive intelligent guy is far more important to a woman than it is to a man, because a woman needs the best seeds to build up the best kids, whereas a man doesn't need that, he doesn't get pregnant, he doesn't need good quality dna, he only needs it to make him feel good, but a woman requires a very good man or attractive man for good seeding.
I 100% disagree, it works both ways. If I am to procreate, Iโ€™m effectively laying down a legacy for all time, thus the mother and her โ€˜qualitiesโ€™ are extremely important too, being half the genetics of the offspring. Sure, I donโ€™t incubate or birth the child, but that fact doesnโ€™t make me any less concerned about โ€˜optimum qualityโ€™, as you put it. Iโ€™d want any potential offspring to have the greatest chance they can. So the mothers genetic contributions and also child-rearing abilities would be factors, amongst other things.

I donโ€™t understand why you believe men think otherwise. Thatโ€™s sexist. :sneaky:

ยท
Registered
INTJ8w9โญโญโญโญโญ๐ŸŒ€๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงกโค๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ตั•ฯƒฯ…โ„“๐”๐‘๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐๐’โ™กโšโ›“๐Ÿชแ’แ‘Œแ”•T แ—ชO YOแ‘Œแ–‡ แ—ทEแ”•T!
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
Yes, we understand that saying these things to someone may cause them to have an emotional breakdown. Telling them that the reason you haven't gotten any girls on tinder is because you're unattractive can be hurtful, but I'm not saying this to put you down, okay? It wasn't your fault you were rejected, and it isn't your fault you look unattractive. dear one.

No matter what happens, Remember:

Don't Hate Your Self
Because Of It. Don't hate yourself. You're doing yourself no good here, bud, by not respecting yourself, by not loving yourself.
View attachment 893173
It's just the truth of your circumstance dear one; that's what I'm trying to tell you, I'm providing you with the Ti facts about why it's happening. So that you won't become upset and upset without understanding.

People underestimate how much a woman values beauty in a man, but having an attractive intelligent guy is far more important to a woman than it is to a man, because a woman needs the best seeds to build up the best kids, whereas a man doesn't need that, he doesn't get pregnant, he doesn't need good quality dna, he only needs it to make him feel good, but a woman requires a very good man or attractive man for good seeding. As a result, as much as women despise admitting it, we value attractiveness and intelligence significantly more than men do.
See note ๐Ÿ“โฌ†

ยท
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I 100% disagree, it works both ways. If I am to procreate, Iโ€™m effectively laying down a legacy for all time, thus the mother and her โ€˜qualitiesโ€™ are extremely important too, being half the genetics of the offspring. Sure, I donโ€™t incubate or birth the child, but that fact doesnโ€™t make me any less concerned about โ€˜optimum qualityโ€™, as you put it. Iโ€™d want any potential offspring to have the greatest chance they can. So the mothers genetic contributions and also child-rearing abilities would be factors, amongst other things.

I donโ€™t understand why you believe men think otherwise. Thatโ€™s sexist. :sneaky:
Yes, that's accurate, you are not wrong.
But it doesn't really contradict what I said. No ones forcing you, As a man, it is really up to you to accept the woman or not.

Reactions: Infinitus

ยท
Registered
แดษดแด‡ แตƒโฟแตˆ แดษดสŸส
2,207 Posts
Yes, that's accurate, you are not wrong.
But it doesn't really contradict what I said. No ones forcing you, As a man, it is really up to you to accept the woman or not.
I believe it refutes this idea/statement:
โ€ฆhe doesn't need good quality dna, he only needs it to make him feel goodโ€ฆ
Like I said, it works both ways. I am not a sperm donor.

21 - 40 of 55 Posts