Personality Cafe banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

ยท
Registered
INTJ8w9โญโญโญโญโญ๐ŸŒ€๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงกโค๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ตั•ฯƒฯ…โ„“๐”๐‘๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐๐’โ™กโšโ›“๐Ÿชแ’แ‘Œแ”•T แ—ชO YOแ‘Œแ–‡ แ—ทEแ”•T!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
๐—ช๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ฅ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น๐˜† ๐—›๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—”๐˜ ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐— ๐—ถ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ถ๐˜‚๐—บ ๐—ง๐—ผ๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๏ฟฝ
Skyscraper Building Property Sky Water

Reactions: tanstaafl28

ยท
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ VLFE SCUEI
23,291 Posts
@X10E8

Fascinating stuff! Glad to see you're branching out.

Reactions: X10E8

ยท
Registered
INTJ8w9โญโญโญโญโญ๐ŸŒ€๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ–ค๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿค๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿงก๐Ÿงกโค๐—บ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ตั•ฯƒฯ…โ„“๐”๐‘๐ƒ๐ˆ๐€๐๐’โ™กโšโ›“๐Ÿชแ’แ‘Œแ”•T แ—ชO YOแ‘Œแ–‡ แ—ทEแ”•T!
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: tanstaafl28

ยท
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)

Reactions: X10E8

ยท
Registered
4,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

ยท
Registered
589 Posts
Ok here goes. I have to disclose something about me to move fwd... I'm an educated professional geologist.

The problem with this building is that they did not follow some very simple guidelines, basically stated the builders went cheap.

It does not involve a degree in rocket science to perform the necessary boreholes (SPT, 140 lb. hammer) to ascertain a soil stratigraphy and the mitigating constraints that would influence the design of a foundation, which in this case (high-rise) would require significant concrete pile mechanically driven to depth.

The boreholes would be performed to a particular depth, soil densities would become known. This density, its composition, in combination with the static friction of the imbedded concrete pile would provide a weigh bearing capacity that is equivalent to a problem presented in the curriculum of a 4th year engineering student.

They fucked up. I don't know if there was corruption bt the permitting and the engineering, or liberties taken by the builder, in cahoots with whomever. Perhaps it was simple incompetence, like Icarus. But the building clearly has a poor foundation.

In an odd way, that building is soooo San Francisco. Tilted and of questionable veracity. It's perfect.

ยท
Registered
1 Posts
๐—ช๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ฅ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—น๐—น๐˜† ๐—›๐—ฎ๐—ฝ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—”๐˜ ๐—ง๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐— ๐—ถ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ถ๐˜‚๐—บ ๐—ง๐—ผ๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๏ฟฝ
View attachment 903792
very fasinating!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts