Personality Cafe banner

๐—ช๐—ต๐—ฎ๐˜ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜ ๐—น๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—น ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐˜๐˜๐—ป๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€๏ฟฝ

• Perfect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Average

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Poor

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Unfit

Votes: 3 14.3%
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

ยท
Registered
3,403 Posts
Yeah, I know I can just increase the running distance to 10k or more, but I stop at 5km just coz the gains for me is more about mental clarity and curbing depression. Anymore just feels time consuming....
But hey... If I want to gain unlimited power like Saitama maybe itโ€™s worth it ๐Ÿ˜‚ (yes it's just stupid fiction)
I hear ya, that's a huge part of why I run, especially on the trails. Mind clearing, stress relieving, keeps depression away, and the fitness staying good as I begin to age is great also.

I just enjoy the longer distances. I used to live in the lower desert and really tested my limits in the 115 degree heat. You know when you start seeing dark spots in your vision its time to just walk and start searching for water.

But yes, time consuming if you train for really long distances. Marathon training the month prior to the race would get to be almost four hours at a time for my long training runs. I at one time envisioned building up to the Badwater Ultra, 135 miles through death valley in July. Actually think it's going on right now, started July 19th. But that kind of training leaves little time for other outside interests, and I have a lot of them.

ยท
Registered
ESTJ 3 - 6 - 8
489 Posts
It's currently average, but I used to clean and jerk 210 pounds.
Let me find a video/picture of this.
I found it but can't figure out how to upload it, oh well.

Reactions: X10E8

ยท
Registered
549 Posts
Not ideal, and less than the fitness level expected for my age. However, Iโ€™m not fat, my bmi is on the lower end of healthy.

ยท
Registered
INFP 4w5, 5w6, 1w9 Sx/Sp
374 Posts
Was just thinking about this the other day. Since fitness is such a subjective thing, I'd put my fitness somewhere as okay. Not quite good, and definitely better than average--considering that I don't have much faith in the American average. :')

I'm a normal weight and lightly active. I just reactivated my gym membership this June, but I feel my stamina improving. I work out 3x a week, usually power walking 15m miles, elliptical, getting to 1,000 steps on the stair machine, or swimming. I prefer low-intermediate intensity stuff because I will never, ever enjoy feeling the burn. But, my body has been a faithful servant to me all of my life, and now that I finally appreciate it--above all vanity or high, I go just because I want to do right by it.

I also start to sweat a little whenever I watch Agadmator's Chess channel on Youtube, and he asks the audience to pause the video to find the winning move in a GM tournament. ._.

ยท
Registered
808 Posts
my body has been a faithful servant to me all of my life, and now that I finally appreciate it--above all vanity
Very underrated sentiment. Our body is all we have and all we get. Making the most of it is all we can do.

People forget that the brain is also part of the body and that adequate exercise and sleep have been proven to sharpen the mind and improve IQ. The brain IS an organ that depends on all the other parts of the body to work optimally.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts