Personality Cafe banner

What Legendary Creature Do You Wish Actually Existed Now?

• Bigfoot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bunyip

• Chupacabra

• Dragon

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Fenrir

• Goblin

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Griffin

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Hippocamp

• Imp

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Jabberwocky

• Leshy

• Unicorn

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Vampire

• Werewolf. (Therewolf)

• Yeti

• Hippogriff

• Ickabog

• Something Else

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #4
I ranked them in order of which I love the most:

1. Gnomes
  2. Mermaids
  3. Christmas Elves
  4. Fairies
  5. Casper The Friendly Ghost
  6. Unicorns
  7. The ghost of Marie Louise Knight, of Whalehead, Corolla, NC
  8. Leprechauns
  9. The Goatman of Maryland (also all fauns)
  10. Scottish Broonies
I know for sure I forgotten many, but this will do for now. Now I'll vote. 馃懟

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
Musical break in this thread. Man does this take me back to my teens.

Registered
ISFP
Ninetails fox shapeshifter (Sound cool, at least because of gaming/anime culture.)
Pixies (Probably fun to play pranks on people)
Centaurs (might make for good conversation)
Genies (Of course!)
I also voted Griffins, but only if they can be trained

Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
Unicorns, even if we're talking just a wild hoofed creature with a single antler thing, I'd like to see them in zoos or horse shows, etc.

I love modern depictions of fairies, buuuuut in fairy tales and legends they're too mischievous for my taste.

I like the idea of various "r氓", such as skogsr氓, sj枚r氓... (forest-r氓, lake-r氓). Solitary beings who are connected to their area, the caretakers and rulers of it. A different way of ethics from humans. The stories about skogsr氓 is often about luring men into the forest, either to kill them for example by showing them their hideous backs, so that they turn to stone, or to lay with them, and if the men return they will never be able to be happy in the world of people again. But the main point about the different r氓 is to look after decide over places. I guess the "tomte" is also a sort of r氓, and another of my favourite beings. It is often translated as gnome, but it is not exactly the same, though they are similar. But the tomte is solitary, the r氓 of a house or farm.

I have a weak spot for beings like imps or goblins, or the version of trolls from where I'm from (not the same as the disgusting beings in fantasy or the giants from further north, but smaller beings living in communities, but with magic, often ugly, but especially the females can sometimes go for a human until a tail give them away under the skirt). My imaginary friend when little might have belonged to beings like these, mischievous and energetic, a bit grumpy, and magic(though she was crap at it...).

Then beings that are often a bit hard to pin down, like elves/fairies/盲lvor/alver etc. somewhat undefined, but communal beings living parallel with humans, like on another plane, more belonging to the abstract, to art and poetry and culture, and some relating more to life, fertility and love and nature, than to the mundane everydaylife of toil. The mistelves dancing in the fields at dawn, the other kind living in the hills, and some that seem to be around, but sort of on the other side of the coin. I think it is the lack of clear descriptions partly that intrigues me. They seem to have been so significant, but rarely described, and similar exist in several cultures, but not exactly the same, they overlap, and have various names, and the same names seem to sometimes be about them and sometimes about something else.

Werewolves are a bit exiting too somehow, though I would not like to meet one. Same with dragons. The world would seems richer with such beings, but far away preferably. Unicorns are fine, would be pretty to see, but they don't seem all that special too me, but perhaps I just haven't heard enough about them, what makes them special except having a horn...

Registered
My vehicle is INFP, 9w8. Vroom vroom!!
But they do exist?

I would rather they stay a legend. If dragons were common knowledge, people would have exploited and killed them by now. We can't be trusted with mythical treasures.

I voted in honor of the fairies that would live in my backyard. I've done so much taming of the overgrowth that I would have unknowingly destroyed one of their villages. I would be scared of them.

Registered
INFx
I had to choose "other" because you left off my favorite mythical creature, which I'm surprised by - I love the phoenix. Phoenixes are definitely my top pick.

I looked up the ones I didn't know, and I also voted for the leshy - I don't know anything about them, but they look really cool, so I'll definitely read up on that.

I also voted for the unicorn, and I'm probably telling you that more for the sake of completism than because I'm particularly secure in my masculinity (lol)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #17
Well, to all the Unicorn lovers out there -- the Unicorn has 7 votes. "Something Else" has 8 but that could mean anything in that category. Unicorn ..... very popular it seems.

馃鈥嶁檧锔忦煣氣嶁檪锔忦煣溾嶁檧锔忦煣溾嶁檪锔忦煢勷煢勷煢勷煢勷煃

1 - 17 of 17 Posts