Personality Cafe banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ehh. Here I am again. Watcha gonna do, you know? I have read the types and descriptions, over and over again. You can read that shit and all that's in it quite a few times in 4 years, let me tell you. I feel like I'm not seeing myself right. That's the problem.

I'm not really sure what I fear. I guess loss of control. Loss of power. In manifests in my fear of demon possession. Alien possession. My need to be a perfectionist along with this. And in control of myself (I don't drink or do drugs due to this, the idea of 'letting loose' to something like that actually sounds horrifying to me). Not being good enough. Knowledgable enough.

So 1 : perfectionist, sure. High self standards. nay so much towards others... I don't think. I want others to like me, I fear being annoying. In a quiet way, I don't verbalize it much. I'm not a loud person, really. loosy goosy tho, when i'm not overthinking.

It's not 3. Success and my social status are fairly irrelevant to me. In fact, they're stubbornly irrelevant. I find it blinding. I do want a to go far in schooling but only so I can be in a place where I can accomplish certain things I think will help those around me. Not for some sort of petty hierarchy deal. (I might have bias against 3, I'm not sure whether to be concerned about this)

Certain anxieties make me wonder whether 6. But my relation to authority doesn't fit. Nor is there a sense of loyalty, I don't and never have felt a sense of loyalty to anyone (which is different than being loyal, of course). There is no such alliance. And not from a sort of rebellion, I don't rebel against it but it isn't really in my nature. My loyalty is only towards my own ideologies.

5 though. Is interesting. I have certain fears of the people-related outside world (not nature, or in traveling, just in dealing with people). I feel like I'm never prepared enough. I'm not a "go getter". I fear like I lack knowledge or ability to be good at certain things.

quite, quite 7 which used to scream out as a lad. Still never fading energy and want to explore. No matter how wild or dangerous dem hiking trails might be.

tl:dr So like some stubbornly quiet tank rolling on until I reach my goal, someway, somehow (exploring new roots and going tank hiking and wanting people to love me along the way while fucking up their car insurance rate). Who fears demon possession. I think that about sums it up.

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
oh wow :) so you were able to down to half aaaand not so much in what type head/heart/gut

I am not here to annoy anyone but to me those are a ton different.

What is your MBTI? How do you feel about your upbringing and relationship with parents? Are you an only child, middle child? Are you anxious? Do you experience anxiety from over thinking? Do you have high heart beat when you do? Do you like to cook? Do you like to cook for others? Do you tend to preach your loved ones how much you care about them and how they are not returning it? Can you imagine yourself a loner for an unknown long period? How do you feel when you are in a situation when two of your friends are arguing? Do you intervene? If so, do you intervene because it bothers you or because you want to help them or because it is only logical to do so? When things go wrong in your life and you feel down, do you tend to say -oh well-? Are you cynical about people? Do you tend to not believe in when people come up with excuses? What is your typical energy level like? Do you get ..okay this should be private :D we shall move on after these. I am not sure what I am doing, it is not a formula or anything but my observation of types. If we can down a bit, then I suggest you check tritype & archetypes

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh wow :) so you were able to down to half aaaand not so much in what type head/heart/gut

I am not here to annoy anyone but to me those are a ton different.

What is your MBTI? How do you feel about your upbringing and relationship with parents? Are you an only child, middle child? Are you anxious? Do you experience anxiety from over thinking? Do you have high heart beat when you do? Do you like to cook? Do you like to cook for others? Do you tend to preach your loved ones how much you care about them and how they are not returning it? Can you imagine yourself a loner for an unknown long period? How do you feel when you are in a situation when two of your friends are arguing? Do you intervene? When things go wrong in your life and you feel down, do you tend to say -oh well-? Are you cynical about people? Do you tend to not believe in when people come up with excuses?
It's all very very fluid to me, honestly. I can type someone else in a second but my mind feels like a void to me. Hey, look at that though, questions! :D

How do you feel about your upbringing and relationship with parents? : excellent. Wouldn't have it any other way. Was hella poor with a plethora of friends and freedom.

Are you an only child, middle child? : only

Are you anxious? : (aside from PTSD) nope.

Do you experience anxiety from over thinking? : dread. Frusteration/anger.

Do you have high heart beat when you do? : nope

Do you like to cook? : Only if it's something challenging that I can't get right (like Macarons)

Do you like to cook for others? : nope (actually, no. I do, I like when others like my food)

Do you tend to preach your loved ones how much you care about them and how they are not returning it? : nope, definitely nope. It's a quiet sort of understanding that I love them. At least I hope.

Can you imagine yourself a loner for an unknown long period? : definitely

How do you feel when you are in a situation when two of your friends are arguing? : Can't help but butt in and resolve it. Arguments don't bother me, but I find it fun trying to solve them

When things go wrong in your life and you feel down, do you tend to say -oh well-? : NO. I panic and do everything in my power to change it or do something. You know, sometimes I do say "fuck it" and go wander off somewhere until the anxiety overwhelms me and I come back to do something about it.

Are you cynical about people? : nope, I think people are overall great, diverse and interesting

Do you tend to not believe in when people come up with excuses? : sometimes. benefit of the doubt, I think, more.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've checked out tritype and archetypes before (I can again, why not?). But I'm telling you, void. I can't introspect down that path and be able to isolate what I "relate" with. It's that sort of "what do you relate with" trigger that's flawed. No worries though! It's just browsing, if anything, I don't expect all that much. Just something new possible to wonder about~

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
uh-oh <.< the confession of I didn't have a plan when I posted these :))

You sound like a head type to me. I mean I would spare 9 and 2(maybe)

Hmm what makes you think you are not a 5?

Okay I hate it when people cherry pick some keywords and bring it as evidence -but-

- I fear like I lack knowledge or ability to be good at certain things.
- Only if it's something challenging that I can't get right (like Macarons)
- Arguments don't bother me, but I find it fun trying to solve them

High anxiety, restless mind, over-stimulated ~ perhaps for 5s it has a taste of dread. Frustration/anger but they won't experience the anxiety like a 6 would, who tend to experience it more physically

5s are said to be low energy though but so are 4s and the 7 and 8 in my fix makes me want to dive in adventures and be fierce once in a while

But maybe it is obvious to you that you are not a 5, I dunno, just sharing my current idea. Do you know your instinctual variants? and oh MBTI? No?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I hate to break it to you. No, that's not true.

Take the tests instead of just going by reading descriptions. You sound like a 3 to me.

I'm a 3. It's not bad. Take the tests.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I hate to break it to you. No, that's not true.

Take the tests instead of just going by reading descriptions. You sound like a 3 to me.

I'm a 3. It's not bad. Take the tests.
Taken them several times and gotten 7 5 and 9, depending on year. Nothing about three resonates to me, neither their fear or the description. I see no reason why the tests should be any more informative than the descriptions about it. But might as well add that one into the possibility bucket

·
Registered
530 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
I'm feeling

5w4. 1w9 and 3w2 right now.

It's admirable that you wanted to research and type yourself up first, but like angelcarnivore said, take the tests. It will help, and give you more insight on what your tritype should be.

I know that one type is how you relate to the world, another for how you think, and the third for how you see yourself. Is it in that order, or relating to each number? Not sure...

·
Registered
6,264 Posts

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Try taking my fantasy enneagram test, it can help you narrow down your type

https://www.justinmind.com/usernote.../screens/b3182f7a-d753-48d0-8924-1507f1902957
Fascinating, I've never taken it structured like this but I appreciate the difference~

I think it's fairly... alright to assume
gut : 9w1
heart : 3w4
head : 7w6

looking at it, it makes a lot of sense to me.

(anyways, test mentioned 7w8. Fits... to tee from their description. Amusingly so, really. But not so much from other descriptions. 3w4, despite what I said before, also resonates.)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts