Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Yaybe
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post your experience with PerC and celebrate.

:happybirthday:

·
Banned
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,470 Posts
I saw the announcement "10 million posts: Maybe" and thought it meant you yourself were at 10 million posts, I was like holy shit.

·
Banned
709 Posts
The fact that the similar thread section shows a topic titled: would you assassinate a random child for 10,000,000$ says it all, doesn't it?

PerC is an incredibly diverse community filled with interesting people, fascinating conversations and the occasional outbreak of fun!

What's not to love? It's so nice to be here that I actually signed up twice.

·
Registered
ISTP 5w4 sx/sp 583
1,374 Posts
I was here since last year

Nothing ever significant has changed.

Reactions: AnneM

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
Four score and eleven years ago our fathers brought forth on the interwebs, a new site, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war, testing whether that site, or any site so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure. We are met on a great battle-field of that war. We have come to dedicate a portion of that field, as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that site might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

·
Administrator
INTP
11,809 Posts
Love PerC.
I've learned so much and met so many different characters here. Smart, insightful, spiritual, caring, witty, hilarious, compassionate, beautiful, weird, crazy, sexy, ugly, ridiculous and everything in between. Great advice, great idea's. Some member's I know I'll never forget. I've yet to find another online community that offers me everything from deep, intelligent conversations to hilarious silly chatter.

·
Banned
17,147 Posts
My first months on here I was relatively shy and mostly lurked in the INFP subforum and eventually only posted in the INFP subforum due to some uncomfortable interactions when i posted elsewhere.
Over time the INFP subforum became a great support with the positive interactions I had with certain members and it also was the beginning of my tendency to make short conversation with members via the visitor messages.

I then ventured into spam world I believe where it was a great outlet for nonsense when I was in a ratty mood rather than posting it on facebook to people I knew. AN early form of that outlet was in high school when I got a phone in the last years and during my spare time would message nonsense to my friends while they were in class.
Spam world really helped continue that for me and had an interesting culture based on the members at the time who were really active there.

I then started to interact with certain members, lurking the other subforums to see the cool stuff they had going on. Got into some Private Mesages as visitor messages weren't accommodating to how verbose I was. Had some interesting experiences where people seemed to like me. This exploded especially as I got more self-confident and out my initial rut in the early years of joining PerC.
I remember specifically a weird thread about lone wolves somehow being popular and my name being mentioned making me notice that some people had noticed my posts.

Eventually I got to a point where I was adversarial/confrontational in debates as I felt many people amde baseless assertions so it was easy to pick on some peoples POVs. I got emotionally invested in some subjects that shook my sense of reality, getting to a point where I was constantly angry for two weeks and got into arguments with family members over nothing.
I eventually go past that with some support from particular persons on here.
I began posting more in spam world and one thread really shot off where people made requests and I drew crappy paint pictures XD
It was variations of a Wellsy stick figure that I had fun making in my spare time from class.

I soon began had outpouring of positive feelings that I left pent up and would often explode in either a drunk state or when I was hyper and staying up past midnight. I would write compliments to members I never interacted with much before, trying to personalize how wonderful I thought they were as people.

Then I began to ease up on the adversarialness and investment in winning debates, I cooled off and pulled back a little. I found myself interested in the feminist/gender issue debates and started researching things in wondering about my own experiences as a man also. I think with my experience in university in having to have citations for things I began sourcing a lot of my points in posts as I went to great effort to try and understand some subjects.
Over time I tended to focus on certain subjects, slowly building up/synthesizing a particular view which lead to a repetition and expansion of source material I worked through.
Which played into an appearance of being somewhat smart and also overly verbose and initially was a basis of anxiety that I wasn't that good at boiling things down and my thoughts weren't focused.
It felt like a weakness as it didn't fit well with the short investment and attention span of the internet as a medium.

I had some big life changes and experiences, grew some and began focusing on studying things for my self rather than to debate them although getting them outside of my head on here and also wondering about the site as a social space and how to be a positive influence within it.
So I tried making threads with a low barrier to entry based on people's personal experiences in different things or trying to get people to simply ask themselves questions rather than necessarily debate one another. I often enjoyed trying to evoke what might be uncomfortable topics offline but are tolerable on here. Where people shared what are relatively private experiences.
Some of which made a big impact on me and my views in regards to my own behaviour and the state of the world.

I now have taken a lot of time studying somethings in relation to Marxist sympathies and haven't really been as active in interpersonal interactions and am more just on PerC than I am a part of it actively. Having since lost a sense of some of the members who frequent in some forums I was once active in.
I haven't done it much lately, but the best experiences on here have been the moments of vulnerability and connection with certain members who change my sense of the world and inspired me.
Though it's not an active project, I am kind of wondering about shifting my approach some away from my own intellectual masturbation on things to perhaps focusing on trying to make people feel comfortable, to maybe bring the better side out in others. A focus more on people than the ideas I chew on.

·
Registered
8,991 Posts
I have love PerC from the moment I started here. I go back and forth with frequency of posting as my daily life fills with more or less real world stuff to do.

But the realm of ideas, debate, and philosophy is near and dear to me and my best and most common expressions of that love are here for all to see.

PerC has been an outlet of expression for me that has offered various forms of love to me, and resonated great meaning in my life. I have been able here to understand that I am not alone in many of my assertions and affectations. I have remarked many times that I could well have wished for such a wondrous tool/toy as this when I was a younger man and in search of these same rewarding experiences that I have had here. The younger generations today are so very lucky to have such a site at their disposal.

So many friendships that I have are those that have blossomed here and from all over the world. PerC has made the world more fun, more inviting and more accessible!

Thank you so much PerC and please let's get on towards the next 10 million interactions!

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
@Wellsy Of course, you write a novel.

Wellsy, Wellsy, Wellsy. All those words inside you. Don't they take up a lot of room?? It's just like the immigrant situation. They just never stop coming, those words!!!

Reactions: Wellsy

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
Where on earth could I talk about Katy Perry, Thomas Merton, dildos, Jesus, pubic hair, twerking, Eastern Orthodoxy, and the ouroboros in a single breath? PerC, that's where!

Thanks, PerC, and all you sick fucks who are PerC, for making every day of this desperate housewife's life a little less lonely.

·
Registered
6,075 Posts
@Wellsy Oh shit, I should've read your post before I wrote that. Turning the knife in the wound, huh? I'm SORRY!!!

Reactions: Wellsy

·
Banned
17,147 Posts
@Wellsy Of course, you write a novel.

Wellsy, Wellsy, Wellsy. All those words inside you. Don't they take up a lot of room?? It's just like the immigrant situation. They just never stop coming, those words!!!
Indeed I have a lot I need to vomit out less i explode i to pieces although it doesn’t come like this verbally.
@Wellsy Oh shit, I should've read your post before I wrote that. Turning the knife in the wound, huh? I'm SORRY!!!
hahaha its not such a sore spot anymore in part because of some kind words from some peeps and confident examples like @Catwalk who also received frustration with their writing style but was so idiosyncratic that its an endearing quality that people like her for. I wouldn’t be me exactly of I didn’t accept it and let things run off me like water off a ducks back.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts