Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
0. Is there anything that may affect the way you answer the questions? For example, a stressful time, mental illness, medications, special life circumstances? Other useful information includes sex, age, and current state of mind.
I am 22 years old female. I am currently in pretty stable fine mood. I am diagnosed with anxiety, but I am more or less quite healthy, take antidepressants in minimum doses, so I don't think it can have a huge effect on my answers.
1. Click on this link: Flickr: Explore! Look at the random photo for about 30 seconds. Copy and paste it here, and write about your impression of it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/16955735120/in/explore-2015-04-14
The first word, that came on my mind was moody. This picture radiates moodiness and melancholy. It's darkness, it's loneliness and yet familiar and warm in its comfort. It's emotional, it's full of feelings. Melancholy itself is so close to my being, that it probably made the picture look warm and familiar to me.
Then I also noticed how the water touches the shore and how exact is the shape of the lines, between where the water ends and land starts and it made me wonder whether everything in the universe is that exact and correct and the way it is supposed to be with shaped lines. I also thought that the water seems to be cold and I imagined how must it feel to touch it.
After that I noticed the bridge and wondered whether anyone ever crossed it, because the whole place seems so empty.
When I noticed the fog, I thought, it's like the ghosts are floating around and it perfectly matches the atmosphere of the picture. Then I also wondered whether it's cold there and whether I'd shake if I were at that place.
2. You are with a group of people in a car, heading to a different town to see your favourite band/artist/musician. Suddenly, the car breaks down for an unknown reason in the middle of nowhere. What are your initial thoughts? What are your outward reactions? At first I'd be anxious and I wondered whether we're safe at that place and probably would be uncomfortable because of the unfamiliarity of the place. But it wouldn't take me long to calm down and hope that things are going to be just fine... Well I still have a cell phone so it is always easy to call someone else to come and pick us, or to call a service to repair a car. As soon as I'd feel more chilled I could try to help my friends with the car, even though I don't know much about cars, I'd try my luck and just repear things based on my limited knowledge, 'cause after all I am quick to get things and I like to experiment, the car is broken there is nothing that could go more wrong anyways.
3. You somehow make it to the concert. The driver wants to go to the afterparty that was announced (and assure you they won't drink so they can drive back later). How do you feel about this party? What do you do? I personally don't have problem with parties, even though I am not very open to people, or much talkative, I can enjoy fun with a few folks I like. I'd probably just adapt and enjoy it the way I'd like to. It depends on my mind, maybe I'd chat a bit and when I am not in mood, I can also just sit there and get tipsy just to throw a few cynical comments on people around so... fun either way. Also I do not like to limit people, if my friends want to party, let them party, I can get along with it...
4. On the drive back, your friends are talking. A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward reaction? What do you outwardly say?
I'd probably try to understand the point my friend is starting from, understand why he or she thinks the way he or she does. Then I'd ask for some arguments and argue back, just for the sake of it, because I enjoy to be challenged. After all I think everyone is half right and it's just a point of view, so I wouldn't be really aggressive.
5. What would you do if you actually saw/experienced something that clashes with your previous beliefs, experiences, and habits? Everything is relative and subjective, even our five senses and everything can be explained either way. I usually believe things I can see, however it's only up to me, how I decide to interpret things. I'd probably look for some connection in my mind, try to explain the happening and base on that I'd decide whether what I saw was real or doubtfully misleading.
6. What are some of your most important values? How did you come about determining them? How can they change? Individuality, compassion, freedom, true, knowledge and creativity.
I value individuality because, I believe everyone should be true to who they really are, follow their own mind, feeling, opinions and style.
I am not sure whether I value compassion itself, but it is something I can not go without, I feel sympathy towards everyone and everything, that is sometimes also the reason why I might be indecisive, or adaptable, I can see everyone's point of you and it's hard for me to draw the line.
I value freedom, because I believe having the right to choose what you want for your own self in your own life is the most beautiful thing.
I like it, when people are honest and I am also analytical. I am never comfortable with the simple answers, I need to seek and I seek the truth and the core of everything.
That is also why I value knowledge, but I also see it as a useful social too.
Being able to create a part of your own is just like leaving a legacy of your personal value, which is just something everyone should do.
7. a) What about your personality most distinguishes you from everyone else? b) If you could change one thing about you personality, what would it be? Why? I am able to create an opinion quickly on everything, am very individualistic when it comes to such thing and I am also good with words and communication so sharing my message and convincing people about its value is not that hard for me.
If I could change one thing, I'd change my laziness. I am extremely lazy, which kind of goes had by hand with being careless and unreliable. I always put everything off and wait 'till the last moment, I did failed a few people, just because I wasn't able to fight my comfort loving nature and get some work done.
8. How do you treat hunches or gut feelings? In what situations are they most often triggered?
I often feel like something is a certain way, without necessary being able to explain why, but I learned to count on such feelings. It works the best with people, I can easily spot the nature of people and adapt to make a good conversations with them, or just to simply put them in a box where they belong.
9. a) What activities energize you most? b) What activities drain you most? Why?
What drains me the most is just any kind of administrative work. Because filling the papers is a hell for my ability to concentrate, I usually make tons of mistakes. It's just mindless and boring work.
I really enjoy to write my own stories, because I am good at using words and I like to set my mind free. I like to let thoughts just randomly run through my head and to create simply based on my deepest thoughts, that come out naturally. Randomness is the best way of creation, letting my subconscious do the work usually works the best and one thought simply follows the other until the story is done.
10. What do you repress about your outward behavior or internal thought process when around others? Why?
I often repress a few characteristics of my persona. I am very adaptable and because I can estimate people well, I often adapt my behavior. I rarely change my personality as the whole, or my opinions, but I do change for example the form in which I talk, I choose different words to make it sound better to the other person, or I change my tone, my posture and all those tiny little things that can have a huge impact on people.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Could you answer these following questions also:

What types of movies/tv shows do you like?
Do you like philosophy and abstract ideas?
How were you as a child?
Do you like to make a lot of detailed plans or just roll with the flow?
How do you behave when stressed out/upset?
Do you think of many different possibilities and have a hard time deciding which one to choose? Or are you good at eliminating possibilities quickly to choose one?
What is your dream job(s)?
Do you consider “high-maintenance” of a partner to mean materialistical, or emotional, or something else (if something else state what else or describe it)?
What behavior’s of others do you dislike and view it as drama?
Do you know if you’re an introvert or an extrovert? Describe why you think you’re sure, or why you think you’re not sure?
Do you consider chaos to mean when things are disorganized, or when things are too organized?

~~~

In the meantime i'll go over your other questionnaire answers also and let you know what i'm thinking....

·
Registered
876 Posts
ENxP and I'm leaning towards ENTP.

You seem to have dominant Ne.

·
Banned
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could you answer these following questions also:

What types of movies/tv shows do you like?
Do you like philosophy and abstract ideas?
How were you as a child?
Do you like to make a lot of detailed plans or just roll with the flow?
How do you behave when stressed out/upset?
Do you think of many different possibilities and have a hard time deciding which one to choose? Or are you good at eliminating possibilities quickly to choose one?
What is your dream job(s)?
Do you consider “high-maintenance” of a partner to mean materialistical, or emotional, or something else (if something else state what else or describe it)?
What behavior’s of others do you dislike and view it as drama?
Do you know if you’re an introvert or an extrovert? Describe why you think you’re sure, or why you think you’re not sure?
Do you consider chaos to mean when things are disorganized, or when things are too organized?

~~~

In the meantime i'll go over your other questionnaire answers also and let you know what i'm thinking....
1. I prefer movies and Tv shows, that are not easily predictible and offer something original and unusual characetristic only for the show. I like movies and series with darker themes, that are suprising and play with their watchers. My personal favorites are Hannibal, Vikings, Penny Dreadful, IZombie, South Park as for Tv shows and the movies that I like are things like Sleepy Hollow, From Hell, 9th Gate, Devil's Advocate etc...
2. I always feel energized by philosophy and abstract ideas, of course I think it's funny when people share "meaningful" quets on their fb profile and think they are so philosophical. I like philosophy of antic Greeks and existentionalists such as nihilism, hedonosim, absurdism, I like reading Nietszche, or Adler , Jung of course, however I dislike his spiritual ideas, I am very secular and prone to doubts when it comes to religion or spirituality. I also enjoy debates about physics, because it challenges me to think completly out of the box, mostly when it comes to theoretical physics, but honeslty I am not good at understanding math, or chemistry. I can enjoy politics as a form of idealogy, I like the Zeitgeist project, I think Marxism can be a great topic for a debate, I like to think about thechnocracy as a form of state... etc. , I am very much into those topics.
3. When I was a kid, I remember being very hyperactive and corious. I liked to come up with crazy ideas, I used to ask a lot of questions and used to be talkative, however shy and humble with most of the strangers and I had a lot of problems to fit in the groups of many children, therefor I was more or less a solitary kid, kind of an outsider doing my own thing.
4. I do enjoy making plans, when I do not have a plan for the future, I feel insecure, but my plans are very long term and rarely detailed so even though I do want to follow a certain idea of a plan, I tend to let things roll as far as they do not attack my long term plans for the future, I am highly adaptable.
5. When I am stressed out, I can become kind of manic and very silent at the same time. I feel like I have to do everything at once, act impulsivly and fail to manage any sort of a plan, so I can create a huge chaos. Also I tend to look for an escape, the easiest way how to somehow run away from the problem, rather than solve it. I am also prone to feelings of depression and self-pitty when stressed out.
6. I am terrible at eliminating possibilities and I have very hard time to choose even in every day issues, I am able to elaborate on everything of hours before I decide and even I after that I usually second guess myself.
7. My dream job is being a musician or a writer. I like being creative and expressive and I like to perform, be able to show my ideas and visions to people in some artistic form.
8. Most of all I value intellect and knowledge, but a good grasp of social functioning and sympathy is welcomed.
9. I think I am an introvert, even though I usually have no problem with making and keeping conversation, I tend to be mostly quiet and seek for place when I can be alone or with just one or two close individuals. I can be very critical to people and it takes me a long time to open up to someone.
10. Well generally menaing chaos is a lack of organization and I am not going against this deffinition.

·
Queen of Hearts
17,939 Posts
Perhaps ENTP? I think INTP is an option as well.
I was initially thinking INFP but it seems you value logic and are interested in, as you said 'seeking the core' in everything.
Bearing in mind that Ne-doms can seem introverted, how does it seem?
This strikes me as very Fe:
"I am not sure whether I value compassion itself, but it is something I can not go without, I feel sympathy towards everyone and everything, that is sometimes also the reason why I might be indecisive, or adaptable, I can see everyone's point of you and it's hard for me to draw the line."

How do you feel about traditions? How would you define beauty? Can you tell us about a decision you've made, and explain why you made it?

·
Registered
INFJ less than 1%
7,202 Posts
Here were my thoughts;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/16955735120/in/explore-2015-04-14
The first word, that came on my mind was moody. This picture radiates moodiness and melancholy. It's darkness, it's loneliness and yet familiar and warm in its comfort. It's emotional, it's full of feelings. Melancholy itself is so close to my being, that it probably made the picture look warm and familiar to me.
Then I also noticed how the water touches the shore and how exact is the shape of the lines, between where the water ends and land starts and it made me wonder whether everything in the universe is that exact and correct and the way it is supposed to be with shaped lines. I also thought that the water seems to be cold and I imagined how must it feel to touch it.
After that I noticed the bridge and wondered whether anyone ever crossed it, because the whole place seems so empty.
When I noticed the fog, I thought, it's like the ghosts are floating around and it perfectly matches the atmosphere of the picture. Then I also wondered whether it's cold there and whether I'd shake if I were at that place.
This seems like Si - describing physical sensations that you would feel if you were there. Therefore you must use Si/Ne. You notice small details like the shoreline and generate an idea from this specific detail - is this Ne perhaps? I dont really understand Ne so I am bad at identifying it :)

I often repress a few characteristics of my persona. I am very adaptable and because I can estimate people well, I often adapt my behavior. I rarely change my personality as the whole, or my opinions, but I do change for example the form in which I talk, I choose different words to make it sound better to the other person, or I change my tone, my posture and all those tiny little things that can have a huge impact on people.
Obvious Fe - adapting your emotions and behavior to the surrounding group of people, depending on the audience. Other answers are also show this, so I think the extroverted feeling is well developed.

I can't tell what type because I am bad at noticing Ti and Ne. but there is at least use of Fe/Ti and Si/Ne. Thinking about others opinions, I would agree with ENTP more than INTP because your Fe can't be inferior, in my opinion. Hopefully I helped in some way :)

·
Banned
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Perhaps ENTP? I think INTP is an option as well.
I was initially thinking INFP but it seems you value logic and are interested in, as you said 'seeking the core' in everything.
Bearing in mind that Ne-doms can seem introverted, how does it seem?
This strikes me as very Fe:
"I am not sure whether I value compassion itself, but it is something I can not go without, I feel sympathy towards everyone and everything, that is sometimes also the reason why I might be indecisive, or adaptable, I can see everyone's point of you and it's hard for me to draw the line."

How do you feel about traditions? How would you define beauty? Can you tell us about a decision you've made, and explain why you made it?
Thanks for the reply... as for the questions; I value novelity over traditionalizm hower I think there should be a comprise found between the future and the past and keeping traditions alive is important, while staying open and flexible to changes. I think remembering your origins and the development of the culture is benificial for individuals and also society.
Hmmm... I personally think, that beuty is subjective and the idea of beuty is depedant on the personal idea of the inidividual rather than a general fact, however there is something like objective beuty, but it can't be applied on everyone and everything. Beauty for me is a combination of pleasant aesthetics and personality, originality, charisma.
When it comes to my decision, I for example chose to write movie cricitics for a webpage, even without a financial benefit for it, because having a space for my own self-presentation and creativity is really important for me and I also see it as an opportunity for my future developemnt as a writer, or journalist. Most of my important decisions are made based on my idea of a vision of my future planning and how it fits into it and how I might beneffit from an opportunity, or a person.

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
ISFJ or INFP. Not Ne dom.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts

Tert Ti

It is very important for such person to understand everything. If you inquire about some difficult question from him, you may hear that he understands it, but only in a very peculiar way. If he is unable to understand something, it lowers his self-esteem, thus he doesn't like to admit that he hasn't understood something. He enjoys being praised for his logic, likes to boast that he has thought up of something himself. Often likes to refer to some stories from everyday life, because nobody would think of checking their validity. In general, likes to make references to somebody else as a way of protecting his arguments (since then the responsibility for objectivity is passed on to this person). Realizes himself in areas that do not require factual confirmation. In passive self-defense he will admit to not understanding something, call himself stupid, or complain that no one understands him. In active self-defense he will argue that he understands everything correctly. His logic is the logic of common sense and everyday life, so it is difficult to argue with it. Everything that comes into his life must be understood and comprehended. And he, coming into other people's lives, hopes to be understood by them. Afraid to be mistaken in his understanding of something, but on occasion can very easily change his explanation, but so that it is not very conspicuous ("sure crocodiles can fly, but very, very close to the ground"). Worries often and tries to clarify matters of mutual understanding with others, "you did not understand me, I hoped it would be better this way". Wants to be appreciated for his sincerity.

Or tert Si

Many of the concerns of people center around issues of health, usefulness / harmfulness, reliability, and this is usually evident. They are often like walking medical guides - know what should be taken and when in the event of sickness. These questions serve as the foundation of their self-esteem, so in these matters they are not afraid to go too far: winter swimming, training, jogging in the morning, drinking specialized products for promotions of health. Often attracted to alternative medicine. Anything that can improve their health holds their interest. They are very weary of the slightest dangers to their physical well-being: when it's cold - they are the first to notice the need to dress warmer. May ask to reduce speed when someone is driving too fast. Any threats to their well-being are unacceptable - even if one screw comes loose they see it as a potential threat to their lives and refuse to move in a way. Always check machinery and equipment for the most trifling reasons. Never confide "packing their parachute" to someone else. If they have any health problems, for them this is a serious blow to self-esteem. In active defense of this function will seek to prove their physical soundness, to be the first to undertake physical hardships (say, the first to carry heavy furniture during community gatherings). In passive defense will say: "Yes, I am old and sick." All that can be used to confirm their physical soundness, will be given priority. So they like to exercise as a way to prove that they are still capable. The most terrible punishment for them is to lay helplessly ill in bed in the presence of other people. They like to be confident in the medical plan of the organization for which they are working. They often become hostages of the word "beneficial" especially if it relates to health. Usually demonstrate a lot of care about social security, debt to the people by the government. They fear of getting into a situation where there is no one around to give a glass of water. To convince themselves that their health is ok, for them it is desirable to periodically somehow "feel" their body strength: hiking, rock climbing, marathons, triathlon, etc. If the test is passed, then their physical well-being is considered to be fine.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts

Tert Ti

It is very important for such person to understand everything. If you inquire about some difficult question from him, you may hear that he understands it, but only in a very peculiar way. If he is unable to understand something, it lowers his self-esteem, thus he doesn't like to admit that he hasn't understood something. He enjoys being praised for his logic, likes to boast that he has thought up of something himself. Often likes to refer to some stories from everyday life, because nobody would think of checking their validity. In general, likes to make references to somebody else as a way of protecting his arguments (since then the responsibility for objectivity is passed on to this person). Realizes himself in areas that do not require factual confirmation. In passive self-defense he will admit to not understanding something, call himself stupid, or complain that no one understands him. In active self-defense he will argue that he understands everything correctly. His logic is the logic of common sense and everyday life, so it is difficult to argue with it. Everything that comes into his life must be understood and comprehended. And he, coming into other people's lives, hopes to be understood by them. Afraid to be mistaken in his understanding of something, but on occasion can very easily change his explanation, but so that it is not very conspicuous ("sure crocodiles can fly, but very, very close to the ground"). Worries often and tries to clarify matters of mutual understanding with others, "you did not understand me, I hoped it would be better this way". Wants to be appreciated for his sincerity.

Or tert Si

Many of the concerns of people center around issues of health, usefulness / harmfulness, reliability, and this is usually evident. They are often like walking medical guides - know what should be taken and when in the event of sickness. These questions serve as the foundation of their self-esteem, so in these matters they are not afraid to go too far: winter swimming, training, jogging in the morning, drinking specialized products for promotions of health. Often attracted to alternative medicine. Anything that can improve their health holds their interest. They are very weary of the slightest dangers to their physical well-being: when it's cold - they are the first to notice the need to dress warmer. May ask to reduce speed when someone is driving too fast. Any threats to their well-being are unacceptable - even if one screw comes loose they see it as a potential threat to their lives and refuse to move in a way. Always check machinery and equipment for the most trifling reasons. Never confide "packing their parachute" to someone else. If they have any health problems, for them this is a serious blow to self-esteem. In active defense of this function will seek to prove their physical soundness, to be the first to undertake physical hardships (say, the first to carry heavy furniture during community gatherings). In passive defense will say: "Yes, I am old and sick." All that can be used to confirm their physical soundness, will be given priority. So they like to exercise as a way to prove that they are still capable. The most terrible punishment for them is to lay helplessly ill in bed in the presence of other people. They like to be confident in the medical plan of the organization for which they are working. They often become hostages of the word "beneficial" especially if it relates to health. Usually demonstrate a lot of care about social security, debt to the people by the government. They fear of getting into a situation where there is no one around to give a glass of water. To convince themselves that their health is ok, for them it is desirable to periodically somehow "feel" their body strength: hiking, rock climbing, marathons, triathlon, etc. If the test is passed, then their physical well-being is considered to be fine.
December Flower is a "her" and a very pretty her at that, and she's 21 lol :wink: If you click on her profile you can see her pic. She likes to travel the world and and do photography of pretty places and whatever else i do not know, but in her profile pic it's her taking a pic of a most beautiful naturesome place, someone else is taking the shot of her using her camera in the naturesome surroundings. I think she has videos of her singing as well, i tried going through alot of her posts/threads, so i think i did stumble on a video, it was so much stuff i was going through at the time that i need to try to find it again to see, i just barely skimmed by not knowing that it may have been herself in the music videos, til looking back and realizing it may have been.

I understand what you mean by the different stacking order of the function as to how well the person uses and understands it. But i wanted to hear from herself as which one she thinks she relates to according to the descriptions of Te and Ti on cognitiveprocesses.com

I have went through many of her posts, and if i thought i was sure on a type, i would say so, but i'm not 100% sure. I do lean to a certain type, but then something else is said again by herself in some post and throws me another curveball. So that's why i won't say a type yet, because i'm not totally sure yet. I'm still trying to piece it together.

I know her "male" pic in her avatar throws us off as in her not being a gal but rather a guy. Remember she's a gal and she's 21. :happy:

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
@Dreamer777 OK, I didn't get what was that about. What does age or gender has to do with my post? The "tradition is important" goes against Ne dom except maybe in some transcended state of growth and maturity when we get along with our inferior.

Traveling doesn't go against ISFJ. My ISFJ friend likes to travel more than I do, I am a bitch about physical comfort and too poor to afford traveling that gives me that. Or art. Most art-talented people I know are ISFJ, ESFJ and ISFP.

Probably INFP after all. Main Fe values don't seem prioritized.

Though, Ne vs Ni could also be checked.

Also Se vs Ne

These people have artistic and creative approach to handling power, money, and different skills. The ideal trainers who can make others more powerful by teaching them unique and original techniques or skills. His strength is flexible, sophisticated, it aims to be relevant to the situation. He can work effectively and quickly, sometimes doing several things at once. Great financiers, but prone to making risky moves, thus they can become rich and go broke several times during their life. They love to compete. In contrast to leading function, for them them the process itself is more important than the result. First place isn't necessary, the second will suit them, too, as this means there is room for further work. Often have a liking for the "extreme." If they have no opportunity to realize their second function, they can sometimes deliberately create a problem - fall into a very deep a financial or physical "hole", to then be able to work on getting out of it. Often become good at sports. Able to work towards a victory creatively and professionally. Actually there are many things that they are capable of. Can turn poverty into wealth anywhere. They can manipulate external data of other people [translator's note: one example of this "manipulation of external data of others" that can be observed as Se-creatives easily picking up on flaws or fine points in someone's appearance, facial features or mannerisms] . It is often useful to invite him to some business, because he knows just the right thing to do so that it will yield some real profit. Uses force creatively, knows when it is necessary to "tighten the screws" for his business and when it is necessary to loosen them. Works in teams from exactly such a position of creating the necessary balance of freedom and control over concrete situations. Can make for good guardians in terms that children grow up not too spoiled and not too intimidated: sometimes he gives encouragement, other times can apply pressure if needed. If he undertakes training often achieves great results. Often they are parents of outstanding athletes who started training at an early age. If he accumulates a lot of negatives on his evaluative functions, the output is often given via the second function, so it is very dangerous to anger and to provoke him. Can hide an offense for a long time, not demonstratively giving it any value, since this function tries to appear adequate to the outside world, provide a "good product", but at some point the "cup" grows full and he can lose control: there is sudden outburst of aggression, such that the person cannot understand himself what he had done, then come the consequences. Therefore, it is extremely important for him to physically 'discharge': engage in sport or hobbies, use a boxing pear as the last resort. It is better to let the negative out immediately rather than to let it accumulate until it becomes too much - this way is best for everyone. They know how to create for themselves and others a certain image, how to work with the clothes, very innovative in this, create their own original style rather than following the current fashion. If necessary, they know how to save money and make a living with very little. Sometimes they are so clever in financial activities that can make money as if out of thin air. They love to handle and manipulate forms: collect stamps or badges, cars, build interiors, draw and paint. As children love to play with soldiers. Usually they do not like when someone touches their things or belongings, as skillful manipulation of these is their "product" so when someone does this they may appear to them as if a competitor. They know how to handle things so that they serve them for many years - turn this into an entire form of art. Old, used things they do not rush to throw out but attempt to still use it somehow, thus find work for their second function.

VS.

The purpose of life of such a man is to improve and harmonize the external world, to contribute to and build the "wholeness" of the external situation. So sometimes they are quite unforgiving to those who destroy it. Skillful maneuvering in a stream of opportunities is their ace card - they approach this activity very creatively. They see the possibilities of how anything can be improved, changed or rearranged, anywhere. They are able to take the situation apart and then re-assemble it into a more harmonious, upgraded version. They are often the generators of bold ideas on how to make humanity happier. They look for places where chaos reigns, so that they can mend it. They know how to help people understand complex external issues in an original way, how to "take apart" external conflicts between people, how to finish something for others, they have the talent of the innovator. But sometimes, however, they may unconsciously not finish things because then they become useless. Therefore, for them a perfect world - is a very conflicted world that would be in constant need of improvements. Often they can look towards art as a way of creating this external harmony and wholeness - they are capable of creating a harmonious atmosphere anywhere. They are the "storytellers" whose goal is to create an ideal world filled with ideal people. Only the real people don't always fit into this. The solution to this problem they often see in taking "drastic measures" with respect to others. They love to teach and better people, say, if someone tossed a bottle but not into the trash bin, this can provoke them to reprimand such a person even if it is not safe to do so in such a situation, since this is their "creative product".

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
@Dreamer777 OK, I didn't get what was that about. What does age or gender has to do with my post? The "tradition is important" goes against Ne dom except maybe in some transcended state of growth and maturity when we get along with our inferior.

Traveling doesn't go against ISFJ. My ISFJ friend likes to travel more than I do, I am a bitch about physical comfort and too poor to afford traveling that gives me that. Or art. Most art-talented people I know are ISFJ, ESFJ and ISFP.

Probably INFP after all. Main Fe values don't seem prioritized.

Though, Ne vs Ni could also be checked.

Also Se vs Ne

These people have artistic and creative approach to handling power, money, and different skills. The ideal trainers who can make others more powerful by teaching them unique and original techniques or skills. His strength is flexible, sophisticated, it aims to be relevant to the situation. He can work effectively and quickly, sometimes doing several things at once. Great financiers, but prone to making risky moves, thus they can become rich and go broke several times during their life. They love to compete. In contrast to leading function, for them them the process itself is more important than the result. First place isn't necessary, the second will suit them, too, as this means there is room for further work. Often have a liking for the "extreme." If they have no opportunity to realize their second function, they can sometimes deliberately create a problem - fall into a very deep a financial or physical "hole", to then be able to work on getting out of it. Often become good at sports. Able to work towards a victory creatively and professionally. Actually there are many things that they are capable of. Can turn poverty into wealth anywhere. They can manipulate external data of other people [translator's note: one example of this "manipulation of external data of others" that can be observed as Se-creatives easily picking up on flaws or fine points in someone's appearance, facial features or mannerisms] . It is often useful to invite him to some business, because he knows just the right thing to do so that it will yield some real profit. Uses force creatively, knows when it is necessary to "tighten the screws" for his business and when it is necessary to loosen them. Works in teams from exactly such a position of creating the necessary balance of freedom and control over concrete situations. Can make for good guardians in terms that children grow up not too spoiled and not too intimidated: sometimes he gives encouragement, other times can apply pressure if needed. If he undertakes training often achieves great results. Often they are parents of outstanding athletes who started training at an early age. If he accumulates a lot of negatives on his evaluative functions, the output is often given via the second function, so it is very dangerous to anger and to provoke him. Can hide an offense for a long time, not demonstratively giving it any value, since this function tries to appear adequate to the outside world, provide a "good product", but at some point the "cup" grows full and he can lose control: there is sudden outburst of aggression, such that the person cannot understand himself what he had done, then come the consequences. Therefore, it is extremely important for him to physically 'discharge': engage in sport or hobbies, use a boxing pear as the last resort. It is better to let the negative out immediately rather than to let it accumulate until it becomes too much - this way is best for everyone. They know how to create for themselves and others a certain image, how to work with the clothes, very innovative in this, create their own original style rather than following the current fashion. If necessary, they know how to save money and make a living with very little. Sometimes they are so clever in financial activities that can make money as if out of thin air. They love to handle and manipulate forms: collect stamps or badges, cars, build interiors, draw and paint. As children love to play with soldiers. Usually they do not like when someone touches their things or belongings, as skillful manipulation of these is their "product" so when someone does this they may appear to them as if a competitor. They know how to handle things so that they serve them for many years - turn this into an entire form of art. Old, used things they do not rush to throw out but attempt to still use it somehow, thus find work for their second function.

VS.

The purpose of life of such a man is to improve and harmonize the external world, to contribute to and build the "wholeness" of the external situation. So sometimes they are quite unforgiving to those who destroy it. Skillful maneuvering in a stream of opportunities is their ace card - they approach this activity very creatively. They see the possibilities of how anything can be improved, changed or rearranged, anywhere. They are able to take the situation apart and then re-assemble it into a more harmonious, upgraded version. They are often the generators of bold ideas on how to make humanity happier. They look for places where chaos reigns, so that they can mend it. They know how to help people understand complex external issues in an original way, how to "take apart" external conflicts between people, how to finish something for others, they have the talent of the innovator. But sometimes, however, they may unconsciously not finish things because then they become useless. Therefore, for them a perfect world - is a very conflicted world that would be in constant need of improvements. Often they can look towards art as a way of creating this external harmony and wholeness - they are capable of creating a harmonious atmosphere anywhere. They are the "storytellers" whose goal is to create an ideal world filled with ideal people. Only the real people don't always fit into this. The solution to this problem they often see in taking "drastic measures" with respect to others. They love to teach and better people, say, if someone tossed a bottle but not into the trash bin, this can provoke them to reprimand such a person even if it is not safe to do so in such a situation, since this is their "creative product".
Well, i find there is a slight dif between males and females of the same type. There is more of the same things, but there is some gender difs.

Young ages can mean a little more too in considering things when trying to type. Not much difs, but still some.

But all in all, not much differences but yes some.

I was only telling you so you could know, i was being more jovial about it, but i guess you took it real seriously. Sorry, didn't mean to offend.

See, in life i think it's good to put heads together and share info when trying to solve a puzzle. But maybe that's a Te feature as i use Te? idk? Maybe to a Ti user it comes across as an offense. Thinking more about it right now i think that's what just happened between me and you, you are Ti and i'm Te and you took what i said offensively to your Ti, where as it was my Te speaking, and don't forget i'm inferior Te, ouch, what a mess, lol :)

I'll go over your spoiler alerts, but i have made no conclusion on her type, so what is the argument about as though i have?

I'm just rolling along with my Ne i guess, and the next thing that came up was wanting to ask the OP's input on what she thinks of her relation to Te or Ti.

There is no proper and exact way to go about typing someone, we all just give our input, ask our questions, etc. There is no GOD of the typing. We are all right sometimes and we all fail sometimes. I've been on this forum on and off for years, and i've never seen anyone always right.

I've found those who people deem as great to totally mistype even though they have such long and great sounding explanations as to why the person is the type they deem them as, but then they end up being wrong. I've seen it all on here.

Sometimes the rookies type right the first time around.
Sometimes the greats get it wrong.

So the best thing we can all do is relax and let people have their input.

If you're ENTP then you love to debate intellectually. I'm an INFP. My input is going to come from an INFP's perspective. Your input is going to come from an ENTP's perspective. Hopefully we can come to the same perspective. Sometimes we all do, sometimes we all don't.

I would never be able to spar with you with your debating energy, i'm an INFP, i can only be who i am. And that's not to say that INFP's can't give some good input too. We are all valuable, maybe sometimes in just different ways.

Reactions: Greyhart

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
@Dreamer777

I was only telling you so you could know, i was being more jovial about it, but i guess you took it real seriously. Sorry, didn't mean to offend.
OMG, no! I didn't get offended! :laughing: I just got really confused. That function description just uses generic he since he is a default gender. /sarcasm. I think it's quite gender-neutral in it's description, though.

I'm uncertain how does Ni look onto tradition. Perhaps derives personal value out of it, removing it from past meaning.

So I think OP has Si and Ne. But Si isn't bottom. Honestly at 21 inferior Si is an enemy. At 25 it's a cold war.

As for Fe vs Fi. I've run through questionnaire, I think Fi. INFP for me. Checking tertiary (interpreted as a hidden agenda in socionics) can help for ISFJ vs INFP. I personally find that many spot their tertiary much easier when they stop thinking about it like it's somehow unimportant, weak or unused.

Reactions: Dreamer777

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
@Dreamer777

OMG, no! I didn't get offended! :laughing: I just got really confused. That function description just uses generic he since he is a default gender. /sarcasm. I think it's quite gender-neutral in it's description, though.

I'm uncertain how does Ni look onto tradition. Perhaps derives personal value out of it, removing it from past meaning.

So I think OP has Si and Ne. But Si isn't bottom. Honestly at 21 inferior Si is an enemy. At 25 it's a cold war.

As for Fe vs Fi. I've run through questionnaire, I think Fi. INFP for me. Checking tertiary (interpreted as a hidden agenda in socionics) can help for ISFJ vs INFP. I personally find that many spot their tertiary much easier when they stop thinking about it like it's somehow unimportant, weak or unused.
Ok, cool, glad no offense taken.

Now as for the socionics article, did i miss something, where does it say tertiary? isn't it indicative of inferior and shadow of inferior (devilish 8th function) rather than tert?

ENTp, ESTp => to be loved
INTj, INFj => to be healthy
ESFj, ESTj => to be perfect
ISFp, INFp => to understand
ENFj, ENTj => to be wealthy
ISTj, ISFj => to believe
ESFp, ENFp => to know
INTp, ISTp => to love

Like for example myself an INFP, yes i thrive to understand, INFP's are known as very curious, wanting to understand deeply, like clarity, etc... i say yes to that. (Inferior Te/ devilish shadow Ti)

So is this about tert or inferior, i'm a bit confused?

About OP, i see so much in so much of her threads/posts that show all different functions. Trying to come to one conclusion for a type for her has been a real challenge for me.

I'm just not sure if she's an F or a T, she does say she likes to be cynical and i see that more of a T trait? That's not the only thing that confuses me in trying to type her, there's other things, but that's an example of one of the things.

Do you see Ti and/or Te in OP? give examples?

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
@Dreamer777 Hidden agenda = tertiary. For INxPs it's Si = "to be healthy". (In socionics J and P are inverted for introverted types so INFj=INFP, ISFj=ISFP and so on).

Si Hidden Agenda of INFj and INTj

http://personalitycafe.com/myers-briggs-forum/9749-how-tertiary-function-utilized.html
http://personalitycafe.com/cognitive-functions/93074-misconceptions-tertiary-function.html

I consider it to be a bit clumsy and childish but fun to use and to actually try and improve in that area.
ok, i'll have to go over this and read and see what my reply to you will be. And also know that it is known if a person is in the grip, loop, or down etc, that using the aux function will pull them out of it. Are you aware of this? That was one of the most important things i've learned along the way so far in typology. When i'm stressed, down, grip, loop whatever, i know i can find activities to deliberately engage my aux function (for me that's Ne) and it makes me bounce back up in my psyche and feel better again. It's so cool and really has been one of the most valuable teachings i've found. (because it sucks to feel down, etc, ya know?). I think whatever addictions people have, drugs, alcohol, sex, working too much, etc, that if they knew how to engage their aux function in healthy activities that they would rid themself of the unhealthy addictions.

So, i'll look into what you're telling me here, give me a little time to browse around on that....

Reactions: Greyhart

·
Registered
IEE
6,559 Posts
ok, i'll have to go over this and read and see what my reply to you will be. And also know that it is known if a person is in the grip, loop, or down etc, that using the aux function will pull them out of it. Are you aware of this? That was one of the most important things i've learned along the way so far in typology. When i'm stressed, down, grip, loop whatever, i know i can find activities to deliberately engage my aux function (for me that's Ne) and it makes me bounce back up in my psyche and feel better again. It's so cool and really has been one of the most valuable teachings i've found. (because it sucks to feel down, etc, ya know?). I think whatever addictions people have, drugs, alcohol, sex, working too much, etc, that if they knew how to engage their aux function in healthy activities that they would rid themself of the unhealthy addictions.

So, i'll look into what you're telling me here, give me a little time to browse around on that....
Hmm, for the grip part. You mean grip of inferior? I'm not entirely sure that when it happens (aka sudden hypochondria, "weird" body feelings and crazy need for perfectionism) I got for Ti. The best way for me it so just overload myself with new ideas simultaneously. I "relax" by multitasking and consuming multiple sources of data. I wrote about it yesterday here. I wasn't in "the grip" for the long time though so I can't remember for sure how I dealt with those. I'll see next time it happens but in general when my introverted function acts up I tend to push for some extroverted in turn. Like I start conspiracy theorizing hard time - I turn towards people (Fe basically). I start coming up with wild social anxiety-related scenarios I cool by telling myself to be realistic about chances of that actually happening, past precedents, and you know remind myself that I might still have SAD but I beat it and it's a tiny barking monster in the corner now. (Ti-Si)

Also, sorry @OP for derailing your thread.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts