Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, 10 things you love about yourself! :) I've noticed we INFPs can have really low self esteem. I see that we can be very troubled and sensitive, that we can have really low opinions of ourselves. But, be nice to yourself, please? You deserve it.
So, to help counter this, I thought it would be good for us to try to list 10 things you love about yourself!
I'll start:
1)I love that I keep my sense of humor even when I'm feeling really glum

2)I love that I still try to help when I don't feel up to it

3)I love my tenacity, that it's really hard to stop me from trying

4)I love the things my mind comes up with when I'm painting or drawing

5)I love how much love I feel

6)I love that I can stay silly when things seem dire

7)I love that my morals keep me from doing things I wouldn't want to tell people

8)I love that I actually enjoy cheering people up

9)I love how softly I speak, it's un-intrusive and it feels more polite to me

10)I love my devotion to bettering myself

There! Now you!<3 Don't be afraid to say whatever you feel, nobody should ever judge another for their feelings. Don't be ashamed to say you love something about yourself either, it's very healthy to do.

·
Registered
350 Posts
1. I can see all perspectives and find something true to them
2. I forgive very easily and hardly ever bear grudges (too exhausting and silly after a while -> few hours)
3. Not judgemental
4. I can be very fun to be around when I'm in a real good mood (doesnt happen very often though)
5. Very spontanious, not in a social sense usually but if someone would ask me to come on a trip to a foreign country tomorrow- I'd join.
6. I would never bully and even if I'd know the most sensitive spots of a person - I wouldnt use it against them.
7. I'm very open to adventurous things
8. Good discussion-partner
9. Not running after money
10. Good at finding something positive in everything

·
Registered
70 Posts
1. despite the fact that I am ADD and INFP, I have managed to be productive
2. despite the fact that I have managed to be productive, I have been able to fill my life with art and adventure
3. I can find the best qualities in others and support them, even when and sometimes especially because, they are different from my own.
4. The things that I absolutely must do to stay sane, like writing music and gardening, actually are valuable gifts to others
5. I am a loyal friend
6. In small doses, I am fun to be around when I'm practicing my subdominant E.
7. That every friend I've ever had, I still have, except for one :(
8. That all the things that I've started and never finished, are still around for me to tinker with because I love the journey as much as the destination.
9. That I accomplished my goals, even when almost everyone doubted
10. I started my bucket list the day I became self aware, and have filled several buckets and will fill several more, I love that about me.

·
Registered
917 Posts
1. that i don't always follow the rules

·
Registered
222 Posts
1. I am a hard worker even though I fail at everything I do.
2. When I am very depressed and emotional, instead of drinking and doing drugs, I eat healthier and exercise.
3. I am trying really hard to be a better healthier person.
4. I really care for people, especially close ones.
5. I put relationships first, then my inner self by making sure I have right attitudes in life.
6. I put material possessions really low on the list.
7. I like my body. I know thats kind of shallow. I use to not like my body.
8. I hate hurting people.
9. I have many interests so I am never bored.
10.I am wiser then most.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
1. I enjoy helping people.
2. I laugh a lot.
3. I can cry.
4. I can hate.
5. I am loyal.
6. I am fairly honest.
7. I love the outdoors.
8. I don't always follow the pack.
9. I am starting to love myself.
10. I am one of my heros.

·
Registered
248 Posts
1. i love that i hav nothing meaningful to put in this list
2. i love that i dont care that i hav nothing meaningful to put in this list
3. i luv that im an empty vessel who knows nothing about love and hence can't put anything meaningful in this list
4. i luv how im halfwaly on this list and still can't put anything meaningful in it
5. i luv oh fuck it i dont luv anything about myself

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Assuming I can find 10 things ... sigh. Here we go.

I love that I can.. I love that I can... okay, you can do this. :frustrating: I love that - that.. that.. okay, focus. Focus.

OH DAMMIT I CAN'T.
You love yourself enough to reply to this :) Just looking at it shows that self love holds some position on your priorities list, don't you think so? And I see that you also posted in the "Say something about the person above you" thread. So you'd like to hear at least something about yourself. I'm sure you're just really searching for who you are, trying to gain some kind of self concept..
You could at least love that you want to love yourself. I think that's a great step :)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1. I can see all perspectives and find something true to them
2. I forgive very easily and hardly ever bear grudges (too exhausting and silly after a while -> few hours)
3. Not judgemental
4. I can be very fun to be around when I'm in a real good mood (doesnt happen very often though)
5. Very spontanious, not in a social sense usually but if someone would ask me to come on a trip to a foreign country tomorrow- I'd join.
6. I would never bully and even if I'd know the most sensitive spots of a person - I wouldnt use it against them.
7. I'm very open to adventurous things
8. Good discussion-partner
9. Not running after money
10. Good at finding something positive in everything
Sounds like you really know what you want in life. Also sounds like you've found a good sense of inner peace and an open mind! And I would agree by the sounds of it: you do seem to be fun to be around. It's good you can acknowledge that you feel a certain way, I'm sure it might even have something to do with your accepting fair mindedness.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1. despite the fact that I am ADD and INFP, I have managed to be productive
2. despite the fact that I have managed to be productive, I have been able to fill my life with art and adventure
3. I can find the best qualities in others and support them, even when and sometimes especially because, they are different from my own.
4. The things that I absolutely must do to stay sane, like writing music and gardening, actually are valuable gifts to others
5. I am a loyal friend
6. In small doses, I am fun to be around when I'm practicing my subdominant E.
7. That every friend I've ever had, I still have, except for one :(
8. That all the things that I've started and never finished, are still around for me to tinker with because I love the journey as much as the destination.
9. That I accomplished my goals, even when almost everyone doubted
10. I started my bucket list the day I became self aware, and have filled several buckets and will fill several more, I love that about me.
That's beautiful, all of it ^_^ I would applaud had you said that to me in person. It sounds like you're really doing great and fulfilling things with your life, I'm very happy for you! And great job on being able to be productive in the first place, I know how hard that can be x.x I'm working on getting more and more art into my life myself.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1. I am a hard worker even though I fail at everything I do.
2. When I am very depressed and emotional, instead of drinking and doing drugs, I eat healthier and exercise.
3. I am trying really hard to be a better healthier person.
4. I really care for people, especially close ones.
5. I put relationships first, then my inner self by making sure I have right attitudes in life.
6. I put material possessions really low on the list.
7. I like my body. I know thats kind of shallow. I use to not like my body.
8. I hate hurting people.
9. I have many interests so I am never bored.
10.I am wiser then most.
Your number 1 reminds me of one of my very favorite quotes: "Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm

– Sir Winston Churchill" Funny, for some reason, as much as I've loved this quote for so long, I always thought it was Henry Ford that said it.
I really appreciate your 2 and 3, those are great ways of being good to yourself. You sound very loving, like you really want to do good in the world, that you stay pretty happy, and you're on a pretty good path, or so it sounds to me anyways ^_^

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1. I enjoy helping people.
2. I laugh a lot.
3. I can cry.
4. I can hate.
5. I am loyal.
6. I am fairly honest.
7. I love the outdoors.
8. I don't always follow the pack.
9. I am starting to love myself.
10. I am one of my heros.
I love that you can cry and that you love it! I actually hold some envy there, I can't seem to and have been spending a lot of time trying to discover why it's so difficult to cry even when I feel the need to. I'm glad you love the full range of your emotions, that seems very healthy in itself :) I would agree, you do seem pretty honest and I am very glad to hear your 9 and 10! Loyalty can be hard to come across these days it would seem, keep that up, as well as your honesty and know, it's very appreciated.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
1. i love that i hav nothing meaningful to put in this list
2. i love that i dont care that i hav nothing meaningful to put in this list
3. i luv that im an empty vessel who knows nothing about love and hence can't put anything meaningful in this list
4. i luv how im halfwaly on this list and still can't put anything meaningful in it
5. i luv oh fuck it i dont luv anything about myself
I also love that you love that you don't have anything meaningful to put on the list. At least you DGAF. You loved yourself enough to post that, either you wanted to be heard, wanted to make a joke, or wanted to vent; either way, you love yourself enough to put a little part of yourself out there.
I'm sure you'll find things to add to this list eventually..
I appreciate your signature as well, by the way. And, though it's no replacement for self love, at least I love you ^_^ and I'm sure other people in your life love you too.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Apparently not! ^_^ I liked this a lot, glad you replied.
sense of humour got.the best of me and i couldnt resisr (also couldnt think of 10 off the top of my head and with that as one it looked better by itself than as a partial list

Reactions: Smiling Aria

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hmm hmm hmmm....

1) I love how laid-back and fun-loving I can be.
2) I love how self-aware I am. I love that I can look at the dark parts of myself, or the weak parts, and be honest and upfront about them to myself and to other people. I love that I'm strong enough to do that and to invite constructive criticism from others.
3) I love how defiant I can be.
4) I love how skeptical I am, how I try to find out the truth rather than believe something simply because it is comforting, or an authority figure told me to.
5) I love how on my best days, I can be the epitome of manic pixie - shaking someone up, challenging them, taking them on an adventure, helping them loosen up and do what they always wanted to do, etc.
6) I love that I am "that person" to whom people say, "I can tell you things I've never told anyone." I love that I make people feel that comfortable, accepted, and empathized with.
7) I love how hard it is to shock or scandalize me. No conversation topic is off limits with me.
8) I love how much I care about people on good days, how beautiful each person can seem to me. I love that I don't care how sappy this is.
9) I love that I'm a little pretentious, and a little bit snobby, but I know that about myself, and don't fool myself into thinking I'm better than anyone else. I love how humble I am.
10) I love that I'm not afraid to be silly or look foolish. We're all foolish. Let's just embrace that, and enjoy it.

Whew! A year ago I may not have had such an easy time filling this out. I'm so glad to see how far I've come. This was a very good idea for a post - INFPs ARE way too hard on themselves, if the ones in this forum are anything to go by, haha.

·
Registered
145 Posts
-i'm no longer consumed by the way i look
-i have soul
-i'm becoming wiser, which is something i never thought i'd become
-i'm capable of change
-i'm complicated
-i'm cute (YEAH I'LL SAY IT, I'M CUTE!!!)
-i love everyone and never stop
-i'm very diverse in my tastes, interests, friends
-i'm not afraid to be spontaneous
-i'm trying to be a better me

1 - 20 of 51 Posts