Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear fellow ESFP's,

As we all know, we gain energy from interaction. Most actions performed on our own drain energy since there is no one to share the experience with. I've read many articles about the different types and also the balance between E and I. People say that there is no such thing as a 100% E or I, the only problem with a statement like this is that I'm the living proof of the contrary.
We all have hobbies and passions. For the many years I've been on this planet I've never been able to find something that truly energizes me on my own. I always feel the need to be around people and when I am it's like I gain an energy shot.
I love music, I Dj from time to time and I've been working in the music scene for many years now. But the moment I try to spin some records by myself it's as if all this passion that I do have when I'm around people completely vanishes. It makes me feel extremely insecure about what is real.

So my question is: how can someone who is 100% extravert find comfort and energy in an introvert action. Cause one way or the other, you only gain skill by practicing, on your own.

I truly hope to find some answers to my problem and I'd love to meet some people who are coping with the same issues.

·
God of 1000 Suns
2,547 Posts
I used to have this problem, and used to get really antsy if I spent too much time alone. I "solved" it two different ways. First, I became extremely depressed and withdrawn when I was in college because of some childhood trauma I was working through and learned a lot about personality lol.

Second, I got married- Which doesn't really count as being alone but I find that if I have one best friend to spend a lot of time with I'm pretty content to explore my passions and share it with them.

Sorry not really solutions.

Um I garden? That takes a lot of alone time, but with gardening there's still a social aspect to it because I'm excited to share with friends and family. I also love to cook, but that's the same deal, I honed my skills to please and share recipes for my soon to be ex wife and our friends.

Perhaps you just need to channel the idea that you are honing these skills so that you can perform even better for those you want to impress.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts