Robert Smith
Michael Moore
Oliver Stone
Sid Vicious

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sharon Tate, Bob Marley, Michael Douglas, Catherine DeNeuve - not Boomers.
They were born between 1943 and 1960. So they are Boomers. It's based on the Strauss-Howe classification, not that wrongly made website classification.

And where is probably the most visible Boomer in the world - Barack Obama?
He was born in 1961, so he is the most visible X in the world, you will find him at the top of the 100 Famous X list.

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
Baby boom: 1946-1964 or 1965. Check demographic information. Birth rates were very high right until about 1965. Baby boom is not a "cultural generation," it is demographic and has to do with sharp increases in birth rates after World War II.
President Obama is a baby boomer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Baby boom: 1946-1964 or 1965. Check demographic information.
The rise of birth in USA actually started in 1939, when the war in Europe began, and there was a cultural trend to make as many baby as possible to protect the nation. That rise of birth was stopped momentarily by the entry of the USA in the war. But the baby burst started in the late 1950s and accelerated in after 1960. There was actually more birth in America in 1943 than in 1964.

Birth rates were very high right until about 1965.
They were very high in 1960, but in 1965 they were as low as in 1939.

Baby boom is not a "cultural generation," it is demographic and has to do with sharp increases in birth rates after World War II.
President Obama is a baby boomer.
Even if Baby Boom was not a cultural generation (actually it is a cultural generation, but whatever), Generation X being Cultural and being born after the post-WWII birth rate anyway, Obama is an X. Not a Boomer.

People like **** Jagger, Keith Richards or Robert de Niro are Boomers.

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
Robert DeNiro, Keith Richards, and **** Jagger were born in 1943 and are Silent Generation folks.
Sean Penn... yes, he's a baby boomer (born in 1960)...

The rise of birth in USA actually started in 1939, when the war in Europe began, and there was a cultural trend to make as many baby as possible to protect the nation. That rise of birth was stopped momentarily by the entry of the USA in the war. But the baby burst started in the late 1950s and accelerated in after 1960. There was actually more birth in America in 1943 than in 1964.

They were very high in 1960, but in 1965 they were as low as in 1939.

Even if Baby Boom was not a cultural generation (actually it is a cultural generation, but whatever), Generation X being Cultural and being born after the post-WWII birth rate anyway, Obama is an X. Not a Boomer.

People like **** Jagger, Keith Richards or Robert de Niro are Boomers.

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
famous baby boomers:
Oprah Winfrey
Deepak Chopra
George Clooney
Tom Hanks

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
They are noisy but their generation is called "silent," lol.

Silent? Ridiculous. They are the poster child of the Baby-Boomer generation.It's the same for a guy like Jim Morrison, born in 1943.

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
Reactions: damfino

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh heavens. This is silly. I don't think that generations begin and end in quite such an arbitrary way as that.
It's not arbitrary. The thing is that you base your classification on wrong demographic conception. I've explained why it was wrong, did you even read my post or Watch the link?You told me to check demographic information, perhaps you should follow your own advice before giving lessons about subjects that you don't understand...

·
Premium Member
10,504 Posts
You're right. I don't understand. I read the description three times and I still don't understand.
sigh...

It's not arbitrary. The thing is that you base your classification on wrong demographic conception. I've explained why it was wrong, did you even read my post or Watch the link?You told me to check demographic information, perhaps you should follow your own advice before giving lessons about subjects that you don't understand...

Reactions: damfino
1 - 20 of 45 Posts