Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“I welcome and seek your ideas, but do not bring me small ideas; bring me big ideas to match our future.”

- Arnold Schwarzenegger
“Don’t bother people for help without first trying to solve the problem yourself.”

- Colin Powell
“I do not think there is any thrill that can go through the human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some creation of the brain unfolding to success… such emotions make a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything.”

- Nikola Tesla
“One of the things you do as a writer and as a filmmaker is grasp for resonant symbols and imagery without necessarily fully understanding it yourself.”
- Christopher Nolan

“I think it’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better. I think that’s the single best piece of advice: constantly think about how you could be doing things better and questioning yourself.”

- Elon Musk

“I think I would like the sort of job where you can work away in obscurity to try and improve things, without being caught up in the political maelstrom.”
- Samantha Power

“I have a private life in which I do not permit interference. It must be respected.”

- Vladimir Putin

“I have learned that as long as I hold fast to my beliefs and values – and follow my own moral compass – then the only expectations I need to live up to are my own.”
- Michelle Obama

“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.”

- Friedrich Nietzsche

“My powers are ordinary. Only my application brings me success.”

- Isaac Newton

“The question isn’t who is going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.”

- Ayn Rand

“I felt that chess… is a science in the form of a game… I consider myself a scientist. I wanted to be treated like a scientist.”

- Bobby Fischer

“Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand.”

- Karl Marx

“I can see there’s a connection between not following normal thinking and doing creative thinking. I wouldn’t have had good scientific ideas if I had thought more normally.”

- John Forbes Nash, Jr.

“My advice to other disabled people would be, concentrate on things your disability doesn’t prevent you doing well, and don’t regret the things it interferes with. Don’t be disabled in spirit as well as physically.”

- Stephen Hawking

“What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.”

- Christopher Hitchens

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

- Isaac Asimov

“The leftist is anti-individualistic … He is not the sort of person who has an inner sense of confidence in his own ability to solve his own problems and satisfy his own needs.”

- Ted Kaczynski

“I watched a couple of really bad directors work, and I saw how they completely botched it up and missed the visual opportunities of the scene when we had put things in front of them as opportunities. Set pieces, props and so on.”

- James Cameron

“I like villains because there’s something so attractive about a committed person – they have a plan, an ideology, no matter how twisted.” – They’re motivated.

- Russell Crowe

Read the rest at Astroligion.com

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Some choice quotes here, but #6 resonated with me in particular. I oftentimes find myself wishing that I could do my work without having to worry about dealing with the neuroses of other people in the form of office politics.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts