Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Her Royal ESFPness
2,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is what i have a day, and i feel great.

Don't listen to the newspaper articles that tell you to not eat anything less than 1200 calories, you just go on and eat as little as you like you still feel great

·
Banned
1,343 Posts
i can sustain it. don't worry.
So you burn 200 calories a day ?

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

That is a fucking joke or you are an fucking alien ? because that simply not possible or you are an squirrel and you use an computer

·
Registered
ENTJ 7w8
4,954 Posts
Unless you're small, have a very sedentary lifestyle and a slow metabolism then I doubt 1000 calories a day is healthy for you. The fewest calories I've ever done was about 850-900 calories a day when I was in the hospital for a week and I ended up losing a lot of weight in the form of muscle mass due to the hospitalization.

I'd say just add another 200 calories and take an extra 30 minute walk daily. 1200 calories/day is at least known to be safe if you're on the smaller side. Any less and you may just be harming your metabolism which will have negative long term consequences.

·
bleh bleh-BLEH
ur type is my type
6,333 Posts
yeah, gonna bounce off of the other comments that have already been made. unless you're incredibly short and live a sedentary lifestyle, 1000calories a day isnt healthy. you might feel great depending on what you're eating (e.g foods that are high in nutrition) but in the long-term, i doubt it's that sustainable. are you deliberately trying to eat 1000 calories per day? and if so, why? i'm gonna back up the other comments that have suggested that you increase your caloric intake alongside amount of exercise if the goal is to be healthy.

edit: just saw your last post; if you're already at a healthy weight - let alone thin, you should definitely not be eating 1000 calories.. even more so if the goal is to lose weight. you most likely won't be able to maintain the weight that you are now with this diet and assuming you keep this up, you'll be underweight if you aren't already and will most likely be at a calorific deficit even then. neither biscuits nor cereal are great sources of any of the macros you listed. i don't know how you've kept this diet up for four months. regardless, it's definitely not healthy.

·
Registered
15,252 Posts
I’m a small person so I can relate - I’m guessing you’re not that tall ?
Regardless how hard or how much I eat - it could never reach past 2000 and according to my doctor and nutritionist its not unhealthy but more because I’ve always been lanky and they both say to stop eating once full
I’m 5’5- 109 lbs- I eat around 1500 -1600 calories a day

Reactions: Aridela

·
Registered
28,956 Posts
I noticed that when I become hungry, I experience fatigue. This is common in days where I ignore meals until the afternoon or days I do laborious activities before eating.

Given that I used only eat little, it is conceivable that I previously lived on a low-calorie diet though I never counted calories when I was younger. My weight was also near-underweight, until in the past couple of years where I have grown to a near-overweight condition. I preferred my past state, now when I squat down to reach things, I find myself pained to get back up. I used to be able to do numerous pull-ups in succession, after trying recently I found myself to be unable to survive much at all. I am thinking it is the extra weight. My stomach protrudes from my body much more than I remember, it used to only get this way when I was overstuffed with food, now it seems to be mostly normal after a day.

·
Registered
28,956 Posts
I’m a small person so I can relate - I’m guessing you’re not that tall ?
Regardless how hard or how much I eat - it could never reach past 2000 and according to my doctor and nutritionist its not unhealthy but more because I’ve always been lanky and they both say to stop eating once full
I’m 5’5- 109 lbs- I eat around 1500 -1600 calories a day
Though I do not choose to count these calories. I have done so recently to see if I could find anything interesting about my own habits. What I realized is that it is incredibly easy to go over this limit. To add to the fact that nutrition labels often reflect smaller serving sizes than I usually eat, and the fact that many foods seem to be high in calorie count such as white bread I am not surprised because in addition to all of that, I can drink caloried beverages which just add onto the mess. A meal from McDonalds easily breaches the 1,000 calorie mark. You better not be planning on eating much else after something like that. The fact is though many people will sometimes eat multiple meals of that sort during a single day. Hmm.

·
Registered
15,252 Posts
Though I do not choose to count these calories. I have done so recently to see if I could find anything interesting about my own habits. What I realized is that it is incredibly easy to go over this limit. To add to the fact that nutrition labels often reflect smaller serving sizes than I usually eat, and the fact that many foods seem to be high in calorie count such as white bread I am not surprised because in addition to all of that, I can drink caloried beverages which just add onto the mess. A meal from McDonalds easily breaches the 1,000 calorie mark. You better not be planning on eating much else after something like that. The fact is though many people will sometimes eat multiple meals of that sort during a single day. Hmm.
I run a family child practice/play base preschool - our philosophy includes eating fresh food ( no microwave food ) so most of the food I consume is cooked by me or a staff member.

I don’t think that my consumption of food is unhealthy either because I calculate things through the nutrient that goes into my body .

I tried gaining weight in my younger years but gave up after the age of 25- bc after that it’s ridiculous to care for ones image .

I believe I eat a fair amount - and I’m a hearty eater -

Granola cereal and goat milk for breakfast 250
Or bagel with peanut butter

Winter melon soup with spare ribs with 2 bowls of brown rice for lunch or an avocado chicken sandwich with a green smoothie for lunch - sometimes goat curry and wild friend rice 600

Dinner - pho ( it’s a Vietnamese noodle dish ) or tonkatsu ramen or rice with Peking duck for dinner 700

Or 4 cups roasted Brussels sprouts with yam and lamb chop or steak 800

Stir fry green beans with steak - roasted sweet potatoes and wild rice

I don’t drink soda of juice (I have toddlers of my own and I don’t plan on raising them with sugary sweets )

I’m quite full after each meal - it’s not me alone- my entire family and extended family eat this way and we are all naturally thin

I also don’t believe that 2000 calories is correct for everyone and every body type - it’s what you eat that make a matter of a difference .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,547 Posts
I’m 5’2 and also usually eat Vietnamese food. It’s usually a bowl of rice and always vegetable dish, vegetable soup and some sort of meat, fish or egg dish. Weekends we would have noodle soup like pho, bun bo, etc. I don’t know how many calories that is overall but if I just eat two medium sized meals of this (and coffee for breakfast), I don’t gain weight and am able to maintain. When I lose weight, it’s when I’m eating 1400 calories and below. When I gain, that’s when I stuff myself with junk food or fast food. So I guess 1500-1700 is maintaining for me. While useful, counting calories can become obsessive if you start making yourself suffer over every calorie. It sounds cliche, but I agree with just using common sense and doing research to eat foods that are healthy. Especially when you are approaching middle age and now your body will do tons of bad things with all the sugar, fat and cholesterol that you were able to not mind in the younger years. Im approaching 30 now and it’s hard to get rid of my sugar habit.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts