Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not really good at writing a post like how anyone does in this site, and English isn't my first language. I just wanted to know about ways on how to deal with depression at the point where I have no one to talk to (especially family including parents) and I tend to appear more "Introverted" than how ESFPs being portrayed as.

I once appear very extroverted, at the time where I'm being with friends. but since I'm becoming more older I went through so many things that made me appear more introverted, until now. more analyzing things, thinking too much and afraid of how people will criticize and took advantage of me.

It's not healthy for me. I tried lots of ways to deal with it by making friends on social medias, trying new things or playing musics, hanging with friends, etc. but for now I just can't do anything about it. I feel trapped and ended up having suicidal thoughts everyday.

(edited : Just a rant. I didn't mean anyone to commented on this thread)

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
547 Posts
I'm not really good at writing a post like how anyone does in this site, and English isn't my first language. I just wanted to know about ways on how to deal with depression at the point where I have no one to talk to (especially family including parents) and I tend to appear more "Introverted" than how ESFPs being portrayed as.

I once appear very extroverted, at the time where I'm being with friends. but since I'm becoming more older I went through so many things that made me appear more introverted, until now. more analyzing things, thinking too much and afraid of how people will criticize and took advantage of me.

It's not healthy for me. I tried lots of ways to deal with it by making friends on social medias, trying new things or playing musics, hanging with friends, etc. but for now I just can't do anything about it. I feel trapped and ended up having suicidal thoughts everyday.
Hey, I'm sorry you are feeling this way.
I am no counsellor, and I am no substitute for actual help. But just know that all of this anxiety is in your head, and no matter how much you worry, the world still keeps moving forward. I know everytime I think about my problems this way, it makes them seem insignificant.

Try to get some exercise. Trust me, you'll feel better once you do, and at the very least, each day you'll know that you are physically more capable than the day before. I know I got into martial arts because just having the capability to defend yourself made me more confident.

(Also a little trick I learned for quick relief, there is a pressure point two inches down the middle of your wrist from your palm. If you press on it for a few seconds, it will temporarily reduce your anxiety a bit. It has saved my neck a few times, hopefully it proves some use to you).

I can also relate, and I know how it feels to feel isolated. It isn't an easy thing to deal with. In my experience, I felt really lost and confused. But most of all, it made me bitter and very angry. I wouldn't show it, but it was a constant battle to manage it.
I even tried talking to a counsellor at one point. As a guy who prides himself on being emotionally stable so my family can rely on me, it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I never talked about my feelings before, but I knew I had to do it for the people who were worried about me, and I owed it to myself to improve my mindset and situation.

Actually, part of the reason I am on this site is to bounce my experiences off of other people. I don't have that many people to talk to at the moment, and it helps get my feelings in order.

I would argue that you should try and do the same. I know getting help isn’t easy. But even if you just write about your feelings on the forum, it’s a start.
Don't worry about what other people think about what you write, just focus on yourself and let the words flow. Think of it as a journal that talks back to you and offers you feedback, and be sure to take that feedback in stride.

Don't give up, and make sure you give yourself that chance.

Reactions: Bellerixx

·
Premium Member
INTJ 5w4 (Sp/Sx) 594
547 Posts

And hey, even if nobody else reads your posts, I’ll be sure to read them.
Just make sure you focus on getting help.

·
Registered
ISFP
2,234 Posts
If you’re having suicidal thoughts, you have to tell your family. You need to tell someone you care about. You certainly shouldn’t be alone when the thoughts come.

Hobbies work as a distraction, but that won’t fix the problem at hand.

Are there reoccurring thoughts you have that make you feel sad? Or angry? Do you ever feel afraid or guilty?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, I'm sorry you are feeling this way.
I am no counsellor, and I am no substitute for actual help. But just know that all of this anxiety is in your head, and no matter how much you worry, the world still keeps moving forward. I know everytime I think about my problems this way, it makes them seem insignificant.

Try to get some exercise. Trust me, you'll feel better once you do, and at the very least, each day you'll know that you are physically more capable than the day before. I know I got into martial arts because just having the capability to defend yourself made me more confident.

(Also a little trick I learned for quick relief, there is a pressure point two inches down the middle of your wrist from your palm. If you press on it for a few seconds, it will temporarily reduce your anxiety a bit. It has saved my neck a few times, hopefully it proves some use to you).

I can also relate, and I know how it feels to feel isolated. It isn't an easy thing to deal with. In my experience, I felt really lost and confused. But most of all, it made me bitter and very angry. I wouldn't show it, but it was a constant battle to manage it.
I even tried talking to a counsellor at one point. As a guy who prides himself on being emotionally stable so my family can rely on me, it was one of the hardest things I ever had to do. I never talked about my feelings before, but I knew I had to do it for the people who were worried about me, and I owed it to myself to improve my mindset and situation.

Actually, part of the reason I am on this site is to bounce my experiences off of other people. I don't have that many people to talk to at the moment, and it helps get my feelings in order.

I would argue that you should try and do the same. I know getting help isn’t easy. But even if you just write about your feelings on the forum, it’s a start.
Don't worry about what other people think about what you write, just focus on yourself and let the words flow. Think of it as a journal that talks back to you and offers you feedback, and be sure to take that feedback in stride.

Don't give up, and make sure you give yourself that chance.
Hey, thank you very much really helps a lot. I got teared up a little as I read your reply. I've never talked to psychiatrist or counselor before, I usually spend time to heal and/or just seek some excitements so I don't get deeply too emotional or depressed. even though it keeps circling and I know that's how life is. and I know that it's all in my head, sometimes I keep thinking about pasts and it builds up so I got stuck and have no motivation whatsoever. Excercise do makes me feel better, meet friends, do activities and such even though I can't spend time with having fun outside like every people does because of some reasons.

Martial arts sounds very cool, Ive always wanted to take a class on taekwondo but never had the time for it. family issues also one of the reasons.

I'll try my best. Thank you so much

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And hey, even if nobody else reads your posts, I’ll be sure to read them.
Just make sure you focus on getting help.
Thank u, I don't have any idea on how I getting help. Sometimes I just swiped it away and have fun instead with friends and whenever I talk about my problems with them, they don't help at all. so I figured way out by myself and I know I shouldn't have to do that by myself.

maybe I'd consider myself to talk with counselor or go to psychiatrist to get all cleared up

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you’re having suicidal thoughts, you have to tell your family. You need to tell someone you care about. You certainly shouldn’t be alone when the thoughts come.

Hobbies work as a distraction, but that won’t fix the problem at hand.

Are there reoccurring thoughts you have that make you feel sad? Or angry? Do you ever feel afraid or guilty?
well, suicidal thoughts come very often when I'm isolated. and I've always feel isolated a lot for some reasons.

also Ive always feared on how my future will be because I'm the first child with a brother who has mental issues, all I do everyday is communicating and take care of him even though he makes me mentally drained. And my family really count on me a lot but I don't feel like I made a big achievements in my life whatsoever.

and yes Ive ever felt guilty about it. and probably because I don't have a good relationship with my parents so I barely getting any help.

·
Registered
ISFP
2,234 Posts
well, suicidal thoughts come very often when I'm isolated. and I've always feel isolated a lot for some reasons.

also Ive always feared on how my future will be because I'm the first child with a brother who has mental issues, all I do everyday is communicating and take care of him even though he makes me mentally drained. And my family really count on me a lot but I don't feel like I made a big achievements in my life whatsoever.

and yes Ive ever felt guilty about it. and probably because I don't have a good relationship with my parents so I barely getting any help.
First of all, you’re amazing. I’m impressed that you’re looking out for your younger brother this much, despite what condition you’re in. Heaven was made for people like you. May the Lord of heaven and earth reward you deeply.

Second, I can’t imagine what that’s like. I’m really, really sorry you have to deal with that. I’ve had suicidal thoughts, but I have never dealt with it so often.

So speaking as an outsider here, I feel you need to verbally express yourself about this to someone. All I can say is, whenever I’m able to verbalize what’s going on in my head or my feelings, it makes dealing with it easier. Like waay easier. I suppose that’s all I’m trying to stress here.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
First of all, you’re amazing. I’m impressed that you’re looking out for your younger brother this much, despite what condition you’re in. Heaven was made for people like you. May the Lord of heaven and earth reward you deeply.

Second, I can’t imagine what that’s like. I’m really, really sorry you have to deal with that. I’ve had suicidal thoughts, but I have never dealt with it so often.

So speaking as an outsider here, I feel you need to verbally express yourself about this to someone. All I can say is, whenever I’m able to verbalize what’s going on in my head or my feelings, it makes dealing with it easier. Like waay easier. I suppose that’s all I’m trying to stress here.
hey thank you very much, and yes you're probably right that I need to verbally express this to someone. I honestly feel a little better since I've never expected people to commented on my rant.

yes you're absolutely right about it, it makes it lighter whenever u talked about it with someone else

·
Registered
ISFP
2,234 Posts
@Bellerixx You’re very welcome. I believe things will get better, and I hope you believe that too. Even after the pandemic is under control and everything goes back to normal. You can have a better life.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Bellerixx You’re very welcome. I believe things will get better, and I hope you believe that too. Even after the pandemic is under control and everything goes back to normal. You can have a better life.
Yeah! Thank you I also believe it would. and I was just not feel okay back then, so I wrote the thread about how I felt

1 - 11 of 11 Posts