Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my graduation party (which just so happened to be my first party).

It was the best thing in the world, man. Tons of booze so I could put my brain on auto-pilot, tons of awesome superficial people (the best kind), and not to mention the badass bitches who are 4-5 years under legal drinking age!

I... I've given up on ever understanding people. Has anyone else here here ever had a kind of moment where all you can feel is contempt? That feeling that all your choices through high-school were the right ones? I went to the party with an INTP friend and we both left after an hour out of pure boredom. Anyone else go through something similar?

(posting this now because I'm going back to school for year #5 in 2 weeks or something)

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Of course! I don't think it's the people that are to blame here, really. It's just the scene. It is no far-fetched notion that a thinker would find themselves out of place in an environment where an attempt at deliberate action is often answered with "YOLO."

·
Registered
979 Posts
Atta boy! I'm proud of you. I don't know you, and I'm proud of you, because we're making the same decisions, and I'm convinced they're the right ones. No need in participating in anything that's a waste of your time!

YOU GO, MY FRIEND. YOU GO.

(this has been an overenthusiastic and possibly nonsensical post)

·
Registered
2,479 Posts

It was the best thing in the world, man. Tons of booze so I could put my brain on auto-pilot, tons of awesome superficial people (the best kind), and not to mention the badass bitches who are 4-5 years under legal drinking age!

I... I've given up on ever understanding people. Has anyone else here here ever had a kind of moment where all you can feel is contempt? That feeling that all your choices through high-school were the right ones? I went to the party with an INTP friend and we both left after an hour out of pure boredom. Anyone else go through something similar?

(posting this now because I'm going back to school for year #5 in 2 weeks or something)
Hence why I stay indoors/by myself most of the time (outside of work).

·
Registered
924 Posts

Yep.
I do the same thing @Cetanu does.
I understand your sentiments exactly.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Atta boy! I'm proud of you. I don't know you, and I'm proud of you, because we're making the same decisions, and I'm convinced they're the right ones. No need in participating in anything that's a waste of your time!

YOU GO, MY FRIEND. YOU GO.

(this has been an overenthusiastic and possibly nonsensical post)

Goddamn Simon is so good for the eyes ;__;.

Anyway, @OP: Good... good... let the brain flow... Fun is subjective. What one finds interesting is also subjective. At least you now know what you're "missing out" on. It also gives you a good perspective on what many peoples' years are like in college. These "college years" are the very same years many claim to be the "golden years" of one's life. It gives you a rul nice perspective on what type of human you're talking to :3. (seemingly a human that thinks partying like described in your original post is "golden" and whatever subjective judgments follow from any further contemplation)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts