Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

1. I usually get infj but I’m not sure I’m ambitious enough.

2. I have gotten infp but I don’t relate to the deep understanding of oneself part.

3. I’m feel more like a social chameleon then infps are described. (Infp and infj are the only two I’ve gotten)

4. Also I heard many other types are mistaken as infj by the test.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Going back to not having a great understanding of myself I’m not entirely sure.

I know I feel accomplished when I help people so I suppose I yearn for the strength to help others.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Again not great at introspection.

I think when I do things like filling out forms for my family, I don’t like doing it but the feeling of being helpful and doing something right is good. None of my family like doing forms.

Either that or my first job doing clerical work.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Many things haha...

1. I’m an illustrator but I’ve struggled with fine motor skills do to a tremor. So even though I’ve been given mostly positive feedback my art next to other people’s makes me feel inferior.
  2. Having my tremor pointed out.
  3. My cleaning skills.
5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Definitely people! How they’ll react how it could help or harm. I also think about finances when I make decisions. Though I do indulge now and then and let myself do something that just helps me.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

On projects I try to make a time table first and emphasize steady doable goals. Often I’ll set a side a couple hours on multiple days to do a long essay or something like that. I get stressed when I get stuck on a phase and it messes with my time table.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

The last time I was on vacation we went to a little vacation town in Maine and I got to explore an area I had never been before. I love even little mundane details about new places. I also ate a really good salad, that whole vacation I ate good food and spent time with my family.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I prefer discussion so closest to theorizing but I also like some hands on/active as well.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

This is a hard one for me, I have ideations of organization. But sometimes clutter is too overwhelming not just physical clutter but mental. When I’m in the most control over my environment it’s usually fairly organized.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I typically judge ideas based on how similar ideas have played out and look at who else seem to support it and why.

Sorry if I misinterpreted the question.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

It depends for me so much! So far I’d say the former fits best unless I do not care what’s so ever about the group I am in.

When working or at school or at home I try and lend support to people I feel need it and offering to help the group as a whole whenever possible.

12 Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before speaking or even over think, rarely I will blurt something but usually I’m too on guard to do that.

I have prettying bad social anxiety,, so a small group is best one on one can be too intense unless they are talkative.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Sorry again it depends usually I wait to act, but if I feel someone’s well being is at risk my anxiety takes over and I might act too quickly.

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I either over share and babble or don’t speak. I also shake badly and become irritable.

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I find overzealous people hard to get along with or people who expect me to let them in quickly. Insensitivity and total social obliviousness also rubs me the wrong, unless I know they are trying to improve.

I mean hatefully people too but that should be a given.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like to talk about shows books media in general. I also like to talk about current events and just joke around about anything that comes to mind.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I’ve been called cute and wise by my friends and that I look younger than I am but act older. What I think is wrong with it I think it’s too nice and makes me sound boring.
Well I have a stupid sense of humor and can snap when certain soar topics are bright up that I feel people don’t mention about me.

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

It would have a mix of together activities and alone time. It would start early with a good breakfast then a walk in nature I forest or garden chatting with close friends all the while. Other activities that involve exploring and trying new things and eating delicious food. I also like puzzle games and mystery so I’ve always wanted to do a proper escape room. Going to new museums is also great I especially enjoy art museums or museums with interactive elements. I also like shopping for antiques.so a day with all these activities would be great!

·
Registered
INTJ
218 Posts
1) What aspect of your personality made you unsure of your type?

1. I usually get infj but I’m not sure I’m ambitious enough.
So you question if you are more of a perceiver.

2. I have gotten infp but I don’t relate to the deep understanding of oneself part.
This seems to be in regards to Fi.

3. I’m feel more like a social chameleon then infps are described. (Infp and infj are the only two I’ve gotten)
Social chameleon could be a lot of types but not Te ones

4. Also I heard many other types are mistaken as infj by the test.
True. It's not just INFJ though it is N in general. Online tests seem to favor testing to N even though it should only be 25% of the results.

2) What do you yearn for in life? Why?

Going back to not having a great understanding of myself I’m not entirely sure.

I know I feel accomplished when I help people so I suppose I yearn for the strength to help others.
Usually Fi answer in a way of wanting to understand themselves as an important aspect. I think if anything gets over represented it is Fi in these voluntary online situations. You will find a lot of ISFP, INFP, ESFP, and ENFP in these sorts of groupings.

3) Think about a time where you felt like you were at your finest. Tell us what made you feel that way.

Again not great at introspection.

I think when I do things like filling out forms for my family, I don’t like doing it but the feeling of being helpful and doing something right is good. None of my family like doing forms.

Either that or my first job doing clerical work.
If you aren't great at introspection then you might be an E because you focus your energy outward not inward. Or you are just super confused which could happen to anyone.

4) What makes you feel inferior?

Many things haha...

1. I’m an illustrator but I’ve struggled with fine motor skills do to a tremor. So even though I’ve been given mostly positive feedback my art next to other people’s makes me feel inferior.
  2. Having my tremor pointed out.
  3. My cleaning skills.
These all seem very Fi.

5) What tends to weigh on your decisions? (Do you think about people, pro-cons, how you feel about it, etc.)

Definitely people! How they’ll react how it could help or harm. I also think about finances when I make decisions. Though I do indulge now and then and let myself do something that just helps me.
So I mean the F is a given already.

6) When working on a project what is normally your emphasis? Do you like to have control of the outcome?

On projects I try to make a time table first and emphasize steady doable goals. Often I’ll set a side a couple hours on multiple days to do a long essay or something like that. I get stressed when I get stuck on a phase and it messes with my time table.
This is probably what makes people or tests assume you are J.

7) Describe us a time where you had a lot of fun. How is your memory of it?

The last time I was on vacation we went to a little vacation town in Maine and I got to explore an area I had never been before. I love even little mundane details about new places. I also ate a really good salad, that whole vacation I ate good food and spent time with my family.
From the like 50 of these I have done on here, Se always answer just like this.

8) When you want to learn something new, what feels more natural for you? (Are you more prone to be hands on, to theorize, to memorize, etc)

I prefer discussion so closest to theorizing but I also like some hands on/active as well.
Could go either way.

9) How organized do you to think of yourself as?

This is a hard one for me, I have ideations of organization. But sometimes clutter is too overwhelming not just physical clutter but mental. When I’m in the most control over my environment it’s usually fairly organized.
So you are a P.

10) How do you judge new ideas? You try to understand the principles behind it to see if they make sense or do you look for information that supports it?

I typically judge ideas based on how similar ideas have played out and look at who else seem to support it and why.

Sorry if I misinterpreted the question.
I'm pretty sure this is in the description of Si, though I would say it is an S thing in general.

11) You find harmony by making sure everyone is doing fine and belonging to a given group or by making sure that you follow what you believe and being yourself?

It depends for me so much! So far I’d say the former fits best unless I do not care what’s so ever about the group I am in.

When working or at school or at home I try and lend support to people I feel need it and offering to help the group as a whole whenever possible.
Broadly F

12 Are you the kind that thinks before speaking or do you speak before thinking? Do you prefer one-on-one communication or group discussions?

I think before speaking or even over think, rarely I will blurt something but usually I’m too on guard to do that.

I have prettying bad social anxiety,, so a small group is best one on one can be too intense unless they are talkative.
I do think you are an I.

13) Do you jump into action right away or do you like to know where are you jumping before leaping? Does action speaks more than words?

Sorry again it depends usually I wait to act, but if I feel someone’s well being is at risk my anxiety takes over and I might act too quickly.
again either way

15) How do you act when you're stressed out?

I either over share and babble or don’t speak. I also shake badly and become irritable.
couldn't say

16) What makes you dislike the personalities of some people?

I find overzealous people hard to get along with or people who expect me to let them in quickly. Insensitivity and total social obliviousness also rubs me the wrong, unless I know they are trying to improve.

I mean hatefully people too but that should be a given.
Definitely Fi.

17) Is there anything you really like talking about with other people?

I like to talk about shows books media in general. I also like to talk about current events and just joke around about anything that comes to mind.
I'm pretty settled on ISFP at this point.

19) How do your friends perceive you? What is wrong about their perception? ? What would your friends never say about your personality ?

I’ve been called cute and wise by my friends and that I look younger than I am but act older. What I think is wrong with it I think it’s too nice and makes me sound boring.
Well I have a stupid sense of humor and can snap when certain soar topics are bright up that I feel people don’t mention about me.
more general Fi stuff

20) You got a whole day to do whatever you like. What kind of activities do you feel like doing?

It would have a mix of together activities and alone time. It would start early with a good breakfast then a walk in nature I forest or garden chatting with close friends all the while. Other activities that involve exploring and trying new things and eating delicious food. I also like puzzle games and mystery so I’ve always wanted to do a proper escape room. Going to new museums is also great I especially enjoy art museums or museums with interactive elements. I also like shopping for antiques.so a day with all these activities would be great!
Fi-Se

You seem very apparently ISFP to me. The thing about testing INFJ is you probably answered something like "I want to make the world a better place" and they say "clearly you are INFJ the advocate of the world you care about others feelings" even though it's like a super broad sort of deal. And like I said earlier up in this, tests slap an N on pretty much everyone and everything. Going through your function stacks you seem to show a lot of Fi and that means INFP or ISFP and there were a few times you answer S and not any times I saw that you answer like an N.

·
exploring space
ENFP
8,999 Posts
ISFJ, all your answers rather point there. Poor introspection skill is common in SI types, Jung explained that in his typology and my life experiences so far seem to agree with that. Your tremors may be a result of this, unless there's some other pathology of course.

·
Registered
INTJ
218 Posts
Yeah I could see ISFJ as a possibility if the Fi sounding answers are just a result of badly wording and the many times it was kind of up in the air being a result of badly representing yourself. Jung's description of Si is really weird. I think he says in the extreme case they get lost in the mythology of impressions they set up in their heads.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you question if you are more of a perceiver.

This seems to be in regards to Fi.

Social chameleon could be a lot of types but not Te ones

True. It's not just INFJ though it is N in general. Online tests seem to favor testing to N even though it should only be 25% of the results.

Usually Fi answer in a way of wanting to understand themselves as an important aspect. I think if anything gets over represented it is Fi in these voluntary online situations. You will find a lot of ISFP, INFP, ESFP, and ENFP in these sorts of groupings.

If you aren't great at introspection then you might be an E because you focus your energy outward not inward. Or you are just super confused which could happen to anyone.

These all seem very Fi.

So I mean the F is a given already.

This is probably what makes people or tests assume you are J.

From the like 50 of these I have done on here, Se always answer just like this.

Could go either way.

So you are a P.

I'm pretty sure this is in the description of Si, though I would say it is an S thing in general.

Broadly F

I do think you are an I.

again either way

couldn't say

Definitely Fi.

I'm pretty settled on ISFP at this point.

more general Fi stuff

Fi-Se

You seem very apparently ISFP to me. The thing about testing INFJ is you probably answered something like "I want to make the world a better place" and they say "clearly you are INFJ the advocate of the world you care about others feelings" even though it's like a super broad sort of deal. And like I said earlier up in this, tests slap an N on pretty much everyone and everything. Going through your function stacks you seem to show a lot of Fi and that means INFP or ISFP and there were a few times you answer S and not any times I saw that you answer like an N.
Thank you for the in-depth reply this response makes a lot of sense to me!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ISFJ, all your answers rather point there. Poor introspection skill is common in SI types, Jung explained that in his typology and my life experiences so far seem to agree with that. Your tremors may be a result of this, unless there's some other pathology of course.
Thank you for your reply I’ll keep this in mind :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I could see ISFJ as a possibility if the Fi sounding answers are just a result of badly wording and the many times it was kind of up in the air being a result of badly representing yourself. Jung's description of Si is really weird. I think he says in the extreme case they get lost in the mythology of impressions they set up in their heads.
I can clarify some of my points if you have the time.

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
I can see ISFJ or ISFP, like mentioned before.
You are not an intuitive, I'm pretty sure about that and probably not an extrovert.

What is your blind spot to the degree that often you seem to just automatically ignore it? Being organised, getting into action, taking on life, setting goals? Or more new possibilities, being stuck in routine, difficulty to see new points of view, difficulty to try new things. scared of unfamiliar environments?

And what do you put more effor into or what would you like to put more effort into? Trying to ground yourself, getting in touch with your body and physical needs, taking deep breaths, possibly some form of inner physical activity (yoga, meditation, working out with a focus on physical feeling, the details of your envornment?
Or facts, logic, understanding things, theories?

You don't have to choose, just freely write what comes to mind. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You gave me a lot to think about.

I definitely struggle with my executive functions, despite wanting to be a industrious person I love being comfortable. As a teacher of mine said you can’t make a happy life out of miserable moments I think I take that too seriously when it comes to short term gain. Right now I struggle to balance planning for the future and staying in the moment. I also tend to get stuck in the past as well which adds to the issue.

I want to focus on figuring out what will make me happy in the long run. I am unsure what exactly I want to do with my life, I want to find a path while enjoying the process. I’m an illustrator and unsure of the future, I know I would like to help people with my art but I’m unsure how.

Thank you for the feedback!

·
Registered
INFP 9w1
788 Posts
You gave me a lot to think about.

I definitely struggle with my executive functions, despite wanting to be a industrious person I love being comfortable. As a teacher of mine said you can’t make a happy life out of miserable moments I think I take that too seriously when it comes to short term gain. Right now I struggle to balance planning for the future and staying in the moment. I also tend to get stuck in the past as well which adds to the issue.

I want to focus on figuring out what will make me happy in the long run. I am unsure what exactly I want to do with my life, I want to find a path while enjoying the process. I’m an illustrator and unsure of the future, I know I would like to help people with my art but I’m unsure how.

Thank you for the feedback!
Okay, I vote for ISFJ... :)

·
Registered
INTJ
218 Posts
The reason ISFP was apparent to me was how you think through things you don't seem very methodical, focused, etc when it comes to things. Fi-Se are perceiving and Si-Fe would be Judging. I mean both are ISF so you are going to run into some really similar stuff about being friendly, laid back, trying to help people, or whatever. You seemed to flip the most on this particularly.

This is like cartoonishly J.

But this threw me off. Reading it through a second time I can see the J. I read this as you having mental clutter, but it is directly related to your control over the environment which is J.

This was a big hint at not being Fi. I think I said a bunch of times that Fi seek to understand themselves a lot and I couldn't really tell if you just had some block or couldn't make up your mind on somethings, which happens a lot when trying to describe yourself to someone who has never met you. Fe however are better at understanding others. Actually, going back through the Jung's book he says Fe will be oblivious to the subjective quality of its nature.

The ISFJ reading of it makes a lot more sense when you consider those things.

This being stereotypically Si makes more sense now too. It kind of tripped me out you said this because I was reading your other answers in a P sort of manner, but if you just do a cursory glance of Si explanations, people describe Si exactly like that.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The reason ISFP was apparent to me was how you think through things you don't seem very methodical, focused, etc when it comes to things. Fi-Se are perceiving and Si-Fe would be Judging. I mean both are ISF so you are going to run into some really similar stuff about being friendly, laid back, trying to help people, or whatever. You seemed to flip the most on this particularly.

This is like cartoonishly J.

But this threw me off. Reading it through a second time I can see the J. I read this as you having mental clutter, but it is directly related to your control over the environment which is J.

This was a big hint at not being Fi. I think I said a bunch of times that Fi seek to understand themselves a lot and I couldn't really tell if you just had some block or couldn't make up your mind on somethings, which happens a lot when trying to describe yourself to someone who has never met you. Fe however are better at understanding others. Actually, going back through the Jung's book he says Fe will be oblivious to the subjective quality of its nature.

The ISFJ reading of it makes a lot more sense when you consider those things.

This being stereotypically Si makes more sense now too. It kind of tripped me out you said this because I was reading your other answers in a P sort of manner, but if you just do a cursory glance of Si explanations, people describe Si exactly like that.
Tbh in retrospect I think my reply to the first one is not as true as it once was. In high school we were made to organize in a specific way. Now that I can decide for myself I prefer looser timeframes that start early so I don’t have to pull any all nighters.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tbh in retrospect I think my reply to the first one is not as true as it once was. In high school we were made to organize in a specific way. Now that I can decide for myself I prefer looser timeframes that start early so I don’t have to pull any all nighters.
Isfj makes sense in many areas except the ones about being more conservative in thinking. I actually feel I identify more with the isfp the more I read into it. Maybe I just read a not great explanations for isfj?

·
Beer Guardian
PerC Host, ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE
15,017 Posts
Let us not forget that cognitive development continues until roughly age 25 and certain life events and physiological conditions may alter that timeline accordingly.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Isfj makes sense in many areas except the ones about being more conservative in thinking.
Ignore that part, it's garbage. I'm an ISFJ and very much not conservative in the slightest.
Don't know your type, just wanted to let you know. Type descriptions are all really bad and riddled with stereotypes.
It may take some time and seem daunting at first, but the cognitive functions really are worth learning. Though they come with a bunch of new stereotypes of their own.
In the end, type the way that helps you the most and try not to take it too seriously. It's all just a game anyway. If typology isn't helping you in some way, then it's useless. If typing as an ISFP over ISFJ helps you to understand yourself and achieve personal growth, then do that. If you change your mind later, it's no big deal. You know yourself best.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ignore that part, it's garbage. I'm an ISFJ and very much not conservative in the slightest.
Don't know your type, just wanted to let you know. Type descriptions are all really bad and riddled with stereotypes.
It may take some time and seem daunting at first, but the cognitive functions really are worth learning. Though they come with a bunch of new stereotypes of their own.
In the end, type the way that helps you the most and try not to take it too seriously. It's all just a game anyway. If typology isn't helping you in some way, then it's useless. If typing as an ISFP over ISFJ helps you to understand yourself and achieve personal growth, then do that. If you change your mind later, it's no big deal. You know yourself best.
Thanks I definitely think I might have been taking it too seriously. I have a hard time relating to others so mbt had a lot of appeal to me! The description of isfj I read was uncomfortable lol, it talked about how isfj women are super old fashioned home builders which is not me at all!
Thanks again for the reply :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts