Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 725 Posts

· Registered
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There’s nothing wrong with being single, but at some point most people reach the point of wanting a relationship. If you reached that point a while back, but still haven’t had any luck, you might want to check this list to see if anything sounds familiar.

You’re Shallow

Source
If within a few seconds of meeting a woman you have already calculated an estimate of her weight and located any problem areas where cellulite might lurk on her body, you may hereby consider yourself shallow. No matter how hot she is, you’re inevitably going to find her flaws. You will likely remain single until you get over yourself.

You’re Too Independent

Source
Being a bachelor certainly has plenty of perks. You don’t have to wait that extra hour for her to get ready for an outing, and you generally come and go as you please. The thing is, at some point you may actually no longer want to be all alone, and you’re going to have to compromise. Give up a bit of your independence to avoid growing into a lonely old man.

You’re Afraid of Commitment

Source
Tying into your fierce sense of independence is your equally strong fear of commitment. On top of losing your freedom, you don’t want to get married, only to get divorced later and lose half of your stuff. The future is unpredictable, and you can bet that once you settle down, you’ll meet a woman who is hotter, smarter and more successful than the one you’re with. Oh, and she’s going to flirt with you, but too bad – you’re in a committed relationship. Knowing this, you have every right to fear commitment, but getting over that fear is what men do.

You’re a Slob

Source
You need a shave and a haircut. Your dirty laundry is more like a mildew-laced pile of odorous rags, so you wear your t-shirt inside out. There is leftover food on your desk from last week. What’s not to love? Look around, then look at yourself in the mirror. Are you a slob? Chicks don’t really dig slobs.

You’re a Douchebag

Source
Get your collar popped and layer on that spray-tan – let’s talk about why you’re still single. Could you be a douchebag? Some women actually like douchebags, but these ladies are generally not the type you’d take home to meet mom. If you want to meet a nice girl, you’re going to have to tone it down a notch. Or several.

You’re Addicted to Gaming

Source
If by some divine intervention, you actually manage to acquire a girlfriend between day-long bouts of questing, you’re probably in for a let-down since she won’t be around long. You need to cut back, drastically, on your playing habits if you want to maintain a relationship. Just remember, your guild isn’t going to keep you warm at night.

You’re Desperate

Source
Desperation reeks. It’s a fact. Men who are desperate repel women. If you are initially cool enough to get a woman’s phone number, by no means should you ever call her more than twice without her returning your call. She may be busy when you call, but if you call repeatedly, you are ensuring that she will never call you back, and even worse, she’ll hope to never see you again.

You’re the Nice Guy

Source
You’re always helpful, polite, and kind – the type of guy every woman wants, right? Apparently not. Guys that are too nice have a more difficult time moving out of the friend zone than guys who act like complete dicks. Some women even perceive excessive niceness as a weakness of character. You shouldn’t go full douchebag, but don’t be afraid to be a little hard, at times. It just lets her know you’re not a doormat.

You’re a Control Freak

Source
It’s your way, or the highway. There’s no room for compromise in your life. You like things the way you like them, and as long as everything goes according to your plan everything is cool. If you throw a temper tantrum the moment something is out of your control, you may need to lighten up a little.

You’re Too Shy

Source

There comes a time in your life when you have to either man up and deal with your insecurities or face the fact that you’re going to die alone. If you don’t have any confidence when approaching women, enlist some friends to help you out. You may need to serve as a wingman for a while, but pay attention to what the pilot is doing. Observe him and learn how the game is played. And remember this: Alcohol is your friend.

You’re Selfish

Source
Did you fail “Sharing” in kindergarten? If you only ever think of yourself, get used to it because you’re the only person you’ll have to consider as you’ll be single for a while. If you can bring yourself to be a little less self-absorbed and a little more considerate, you may have a shot at a relationship. Try putting others before yourself a little more often.

You’re Broke

Source
If you’re broke all the time, how can you expect to maintain a relationship? You don’t have to buy a girl expensive gifts, but she will like to go out from time to time. If you’re tired of being single, you’ll have to work some dating funds into your budget.

Your Friends Are Assholes

Source
It’s true, you’re judged by the company you keep. If you hang out with jerks, you’re likely a jerk too. Even if you’re not, you can’t stop your friends from acting like assholes and ruining any relationship you might have. Get some better friends.

You’re In Love With Yourself

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

Source
You’re wonderful and perfect. You don’t need a relationship because everything you do, say and have is so delightful there is really no void to fill. It must be great to be you.

You’re a Workaholic

Source
Being career and goal-oriented isn’t a flaw, but it may take away relationship opportunities. If you’re too busy to have any kind of social life outside of work, you’re already married – to your job.

You’re a Pervert

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

Source
We all think about sex – a lot. However, if you fail to disengage your eyes and mouth from your perverted thoughts you will repulse women. If you are looking for a relationship, you will need to learn this skill. It’s also a good idea to learn how to clear your cache and browser history.

You’re In Love With Your Ex

Source
Your relationships may never work out if you’re still hung up on the one that got away. It’s best to move forward and let it go, especially if you’re looking for something new. No woman wants to live in the shadow of your ex. It’s also pathetic, so get over it.

You’re Boring

Source
What were you saying? Sorry, I fell asleep. You’re boring. Nobody wants to listen to you tell the same unfunny stories over and over. We’re sure your cat is awesome, but come on. Be interesting if you’re going to talk so much, otherwise just shut up and work the mysterious angle instead.

You’re Obnoxious

Source
You always interrupt when people are speaking, usually to interject a random rude comment. You’re loud and you’re the only person who thinks you’re funny. You’re like nails on a chalkboard to most women, so grow up and try listening to people for once.

You’re a Liar

Source
Telling her that her ass doesn’t look big in those jeans isn’t a lie, it’s self-preservation. Telling her you were at church while you were at the racetrack is a lie. You only have to get caught in one big one to spoil something that could have been nice. Have the balls to tell the truth, just don’t be brutal about it.

· Registered
689 Posts
lol, I don't qualify for any of those, I guess you should add You're a typ 5 sp/so/sx INTJ.

EDIT: btw, world of warcraft is actually a really good game :p

· Registered
689 Posts

· Registered
3,451 Posts

· Registered
689 Posts
Hahahaha, cute. ;p
:wink:
Nice list for guys. You make this yourself? If not, source? :happy:

Mikbert, WoW is a good MMO (even if I despise the game), that's not what Marino is saying :tongue:
I know, I just saw the WoW image and thought I'd inject a little off-topic into my post ;D

· MOTM Dec 2011
8,685 Posts
Is there one showing why women are single?
Most of these apply to women also, or you can find a stereotypical female equivalent. The general message, albeit delivered a bit roughly, is to be a balanced person. What's funny is, for each of these extremes, you could tag it with MBTI types that stereotypically fit the caricature (ie. the too independent surfer guy could be ISTP).

· Registered
420 Posts
I have the tendency to be a slob, but I do clean up at the end of the day. When I'm with another slob I quit caring. When I'm with myself I, yeah, try to keep things clean because I prefer things clean. I have to do a 15 - 20 minute cleaning at the end of the day.

I CAN be a gamer. I am a recovering WoW addict. How DARE you show me that picture! Man, I really want to play. I can't, I can't. I have too much going on in my life right now.

I'm the nice girl. I not only get stepped on, but I pretty much ask to be stepped on. Then I end up getting mad that someone has walked all over me when I know that I'm the one who has let it happen in the first place.

I am really shy.

And broke.

· Registered
1,816 Posts
You’re Shallow
No, only a little but its so little its not why.

You’re Too Independent
Nope

You’re Afraid of Commitment
Nope

You’re a Slob
Yes

You’re a Douchebag
Nope

You’re Addicted to Gaming
Nope

You’re Desperate
Hmmm, dont think I am

You’re the Nice Guy
Guilty as charged

You’re a Control Freak
hahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahha! No

You’re Too Shy
Yes

You’re Selfish
Not really only whats normal but no Im a giving person I think

You’re Broke
Yes I am

Your Friends Are Assholes
Will ask their viwes and SO's but I dont think so.

You’re In Love With Yourself
NO!

You’re a Workaholic
hahahahahahahhahahahhhhahahahahahaha! No

You’re a Pervert
I know Ive been called that today, but it was guys, so I dont think I am.

You’re In Love With Your Ex
No shes married so no reason to love her anymore.

You’re Boring
Some might think I am but I think Im pretty hilarious, I laugh at a lot of my own jokes, so....

You’re Obnoxious
I hope not, never been told that.

You’re a Liar
I will never lie to a woman and I am a very honest guy.

Now you do the math

· Registered
5,928 Posts
I'm nice, although I've found that occaisinally dropping the hammer does a good job of showing people that I'm not weak. It scares people because I'm typically nice and quiet, although a bit grumpy. Girls seem to be somewhat more intersted in me when I'm wearing my ENTJ hat.

· Registered
4,041 Posts
21. You're a neat freak and think of sex as dirty

22. You've been sexually abused and lost all confidence in the opposite sex

23. You've had a hard time growing up with a deranged family and you're afraid of other people's insanity

^all valid points :dry:

· Registered
3,451 Posts
24. You are subject of political action called "achieving social defeat" and excess to mates is forbidden under threat of torture (Police State UK) psychological abuse by the Social Services, intimidation by gangsters etc.

25. You have been corrupted by swishers and ********* (you might have gone to a "Cold Shower" Public School or been in the Army, Navy or Hell's Angels).

· Registered
3,451 Posts
Meet the man so shy he's never even kissed a woman

Meet the man so shy he's never even kissed a woman (From The Argus)

Comment: it is a fact that if you really like someone, you become tongue-tied, well NPs do.

or

Maybe his Mum is "Puff the Magic Dragon" or he has got a mystery "shy" psychological stalker. Or in a Fraudian Society he is a Multi-spirited one.

or he is a PNIT and the Guards think he is Satan and the daughters are all Dryads.

· Registered
3,451 Posts
NEERD.
I watched my friend play that game, and I laughed at the seriousness of his game playing.

Type these:

You are obsessed with insignificant details
You don't consider your partner's feelings
You are irresponsible
You are a bully and control freak
You have to do it exactly right
You will not stand up for yourself
You will will not take dating seriously
You have not got an ounce of patience
You need everything to be absolutely perfect
You jump in before you are ready to finish what you have started
Your eyes wander off and catch the eye of another
You really must help me out with this
You like to listen to your partner who is always wrong
You will have to do things your way (independent)
You will insist on making up your own rules and disregarding the conventional way
You will rush around and do not give me a chance to relax

1 - 20 of 725 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.