Personality Cafe banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Banned
3,277 Posts
I have to side with Lilly King, ANy athlete that is found guilty of PEDs should be banned for life from competing at the Olympics. Yes I know there are Americans that fall into that category, and yes they get the banhammer too. sure they can continue to compete in other tournaments and competitions once they serve their punishment, but The Olympics should be held to a higher standard.

·
Banned
3,277 Posts

·
Registered
9,790 Posts
YEEEES we have another gold medal. What is happening. These Olympics are our most succesful ever! And it's always a surprise. This is unbelievable. REALLY UNBELIEVABLE. It's crazy. This time in athletics.

In tennis, there was also a surprise. The number 34 on the world ranking from Puerto Rico won the tennis tournament. It's the first time that someone from Puerto Rico wins a gold medal. AMAZING! ALL THOSE SURPRISES, can you believe it?

·
Registered
9,790 Posts

Our medal winners.

2x gold, 1x silver and 1x bronze. In cycling, athletics, judo & swimming. Quite variated isn't it?

·
Banned
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #106 (Edited)
RRRAAAAGH!!! I could not be more pissed for missing the Olympics thread! Sry, ya'll. I've been unbelievably preoccupied for a few days. That said, this thread has been so, so cool. I'm considering doing threads for the World Series or Superbowl 51, maybe. Things like that. The next winter olympics will absolutely get a thread made by me.

Thanks everyone for giving a [email protected] :happy:

Unfortunately I didn't take notes on what I wanted to talk about regarding the other events I saw. OH WELL!

CLOSING CEREMONY: Sunday, Aug 21st at 5:00 PM Mountain Time

Now we belong to the ages. :kitteh:

The only thing I did follow up on was the Hope Solo thing. That's all in the news, but what I didn't expect is that the NWSL is the 2nd largest major women's league in the US next to basketball. It's incredible because they have such limited broadcasting rights that they decided to just throw all their season games up for free on YouTube. What's more is that they don't own their own facilities, they rent them, which is understandable. And of course their salaries are only a fraction of their male contemporaries.

I think NWSL is the women's sport I'll try to follow consistently. In all honesty, I see no difference between major league male and female footballers. The only exception is that the women don't seem to play on as high a level as the men. It's noticeable, but that doesn't make it any less entertaining at all.

Here's a highlight clip from a game I watched recently. Their season is far from over if you're interested!

Nadim got the only game point. That play starts at about 1:30 and it is bad ass. Although, it should be said that Solo wasn't in net.

Portland Thorns v Seattle Reign (Hope Solo's team):

See? 'Mericans can do soccer. I think I'll check out MLS and Premier in the future as well. I get a lot of their games anyway. May as well root for another home team.

Reactions: ShatteredHeart

·
Banned
163 Posts
The Olympic Games in Rio this summer were unforgettable. I watched them with my friends. I was impressed by US gymnast Simone Biles. We even made some bets. First time in my life I won some cash. Of course, we read a lot about best bookmakers before making any bets. It was quite exciting. I'm a huge fan of sports games.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Paris Saint-Germain have been tipped to make a summer approach for Inter striker Mauro Icardi - in a potential move which could also spell the end of 32-year-old Edinson Cavani in the French capital.

Icardi has had a difficult season in 2018/19 and his relationship with Inter was tested further when he was stripped of the captaincy in early February and didn't play for nearly two months with app amid conflicting claims that he was and was not injured.

PSG are described as being 'ahead' of Atletico in their pursuit, but Inter are still waiting for any 'communication' and negotiations are not thought to have yet begun.

La Gazzetta claims that Inter will ask for €70m to part with Icardi.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts